Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
"Finished" Hades (saw epilogue, got all chievos). Goooooooood game :thumbsupblob: The story content, character interactions and progression loop did a lot to minimize the pain of doing bad initially. I also feel like this is a more accessible rogue-like than many others I've played? I'm generally not very good at these games, but I got pretty decent at this one. That was quite satisfying. I also liked that the game is pretty transparent about its mechanics and that there are ways to minimize RNG in order to play a specific build.

Time to work on my backlog!

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
In other words: We are throwing whatever we have on a disc, because copies need to be printed and distributed around the world.
Meanwhile we will continue to crunch, be prepared to download a massive day one patch.

Those "gone gold" statement are as helpful as system requirements without resolution and fps targets.
True! Games "go gold" usually a few patches after release...sometimes more than a few.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
"Finished" Hades (saw epilogue, got all chievos). Goooooooood game :thumbsupblob:

Having finished the game, do you feel it is likely that it will get updated with more content in the future? I get the feeling that it could even though none of Supergiant's previous games did. But then again none of their previous games launched in early access and got constantly updated with more content.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
"Finished" Hades (saw epilogue, got all chievos). Goooooooood game :thumbsupblob: The story content, character interactions and progression loop did a lot to minimize the pain of doing bad initially. I also feel like this is a more accessible rogue-like than many others I've played? I'm generally not very good at these games, but I got pretty decent at this one. That was quite satisfying. I also liked that the game is pretty transparent about its mechanics and that there are ways to minimize RNG in order to play a specific build.

How many hours did it take to finish it? I assume you haven't unlocked everything yet, since you said "finished"?
So far I only got to the third boss(es)

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Having finished the game, do you feel it is likely that it will get updated with more content in the future? I get the feeling that it could even though none of Supergiant's previous games did. But then again none of their previous games launched in early access and got constantly updated with more content.
No idea. It ties up loose ends pretty cleanly by the end. I didn't really see clear gaps that could be filled by an expansion.

Except that Heracles is not in this. Gimme, gimme.

How many hours did it take to finish it? I assume you haven't unlocked everything yet, since you said "finished"?
So far I only got to the third boss(es)
Yeah, I haven't 100%ed it. Most notably, I have a few things on the fated list left over, I haven't done the 32-heat run yet, and haven't done extreme measures 4. But I saw the credits roll, reached the extra ending/epilogue, completed all major character quests, unlocked all weapon aspects, maxed everyone's relationship in the house. I only have three or four Olympian gods whose relationship I haven't maxed. Haven't upgraded all weapon aspects fully. That would be an insane grind :')

I put in around 60-70 hours in the early access phase, I think. I'm now sitting at 140 hours having done the above (no judgement pls, I really love this game). You can probably subtract about 5-10 hours that I've left it running as I was doing other stuff. It's a bit hard to judge how long it took because I restarted my save when 1.0 came out, and having already played the game for so much made me go through the early game very quickly. I'm also generally a bit of a slow player, and I spent a good amount of time doing somewhat frivolous stuff for the achievements. I think 40-70 hours tops would probably be the range most players will get to the epilogue. It really depends on how quickly you adapt to the game's mechanics though.

Whether getting to the epilogue is necessary, I don't know. For reference, I saw the credits at like hour 10 or something on my new save. I think that will be a natural stopping point for many players. If you still feel good about doing more runs, I would personally recommend also maxing out the affinity of most people in the house of Hades. That leads to some really good character moments. The epilogue is mostly icing on the cake if you're really enjoying the gameplay, I'd say. And I looked up a guide on how to do it. I could've gotten there way sooner if I focused on the thing it requires, I think.

I was/am way into the game, so it was a fun little extra. Don’t recall the last time I was so gripped by a game like this. Probably Breath of the Wild. It’s got its share of issues, and I don’t think everyone will get on as well with it as I have. But it’s become one of my favorites, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Ghostrunner in a few days and Cyberpunk 2077 next month, are probably the only games I'm buying for the remaining of the year.

I still waiting for Avengers and Horizon Zero Dawn patches that makes they playable, and Genshin Impact has me hooked for now.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, this is practically identical. The car models look better in the garage, but they're almost indistinguishable in-world.

I'd throw a fiver at this, at most. I shouldn't be shocked that they're asking 30 eur for this from owners of the orignial, but I really am.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Remasters rarely bring great benefit to PC gamers. Kind of the reason that I usually detest full priced remasters and never purchase them.

In personal gaming news;
DRG is still boss. Even when your teammates are drunk doo doo heads.
House of the Dead Overkill , played on the PS3, is fun and gloriously mindless. Works well on a controller too!
Silent Hill, played on PS3, I know its iconic but playing it 21 years after release when I'm above 30.... I'm not sure about this. Just got to the school, I'm going to continue.
Updates to my horror game thread coming tomorrow!

Reactions: beep boop

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
IQ in the remaster is slightly more stable, there is less flickering, shimmering and aliasing. But small details vanish more, especially visible on leafs, bushes. So they implemented some kind of temporal AA?

Lighting and colors seem to be a bit off in the remastered, if we take the original PC version as the "go to, intended" version.

Motion blur seems to be a bit improved in the remastered.

New textures sometimes? But they do not appear to be more detailed? Maybe a TAA side effect?

Better object world shadows (like trees)

Traffic seems to be slightly more detailed etc.

Not huge changes... but if it is able to run on modern machines at high refresh rates and high resolutions: Sure why not.

Reactions: Tomasety

Deleted member 113

Allow me to go (once again) OT as ask about smartphones. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

There's a sale on some Samsung phones on a store I use, and they have a few phones slightly above what I wanted to pay for one, but if it's worth it, I'll consider it.

Anyone familiar with the Samsung Galaxy M21 6.4" 4GB/64GB?
It's it any good (it's selling for around 180€)?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Seems like regardless of my plans I can't get my hands on a RTX 3080 or a PS5 until 2021 anyways due to high demand of those products.

Reactions: Shahem

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Seems like regardless of my plans I can't get my hands on a RTX 3080 or a PS5 until 2021 anyways due to high demand of those products.
Yeah same in Finland.

Estimates here are by end of January for RTX3080
And January - March for PS5 preorders (if you do it now).

Thankfully, I'm not in hurry to get either.

Status
Not open for further replies.