Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I think the only thing I am buying this month is Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access.

Seeing Monkey Island as the monthly retro warms my heart. One of my favorite games of all time. I've played through it at least 5 times. I had asked for LOOM for Christmas, and it came in a dual pack with Monkey Island. I thought it looked terrible, but after beating LOOM by the end of Christmas day, I decided to play it... And it was amazing. Me and my 2 brothers spent the next month playing it every day after school, slowly making our way through the puzzles. So many good memories. And the music is AMAZING.

I think the best way to play it is with the original art, but with speech using the Ultimate Talkie Edition builder:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
saving up all my game spending for next month :notlikethisblob: did some checking and i've only bought three games this year, an unusual low for me...gonna spoil that in six weeks though lol.

looking forward to star wars reviews though i don't plan to pick it up unless there's a quick price drop.

Reactions: lashman

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Boy the discourse about PS5/NextBox

the amount of wastoids burning their money on a demon souls machine or WHATEVER

:minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie::minos_commie:

This also goes for the people who are buying that 3090

Not head hurt for those people but gooooood god i need these games to lay off the extra strength cocaine for a couple of months

holy shit

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I think the only thing I am buying this month is Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access.

Seeing Monkey Island as the monthly retro warms my heart. One of my favorite games of all time. I've played through it at least 5 times. I had asked for LOOM for Christmas, and it came in a dual pack with Monkey Island. I thought it looked terrible, but after beating LOOM by the end of Christmas day, I decided to play it... And it was amazing. Me and my 2 brothers spent the next month playing it every day after school, slowly making our way through the puzzles. So many good memories. And the music is AMAZING.

I think the best way to play it is with the original art, but with speech using the Ultimate Talkie Edition builder:
I got the talkie editions all set up. I need to share them with my friend at leasst so he can experience it again, and maybe show it to his young kid to see the cool games that left a mark on him.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I need to play more western games in general, but these long-ass Japanese games have occupied the majority of my gaming time. Dumped over 100 hours on both Cold Steel 1 and 2 in the past few months and I am tackling Yakuza 0 now. Probably going to be a 100+hour game as well. Looking at all the details on the street is already so much fun for me so progress is slow.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
The year is almost done and it feels like I haven't done anything ! I came to France partly because the summer is so much longer than in Sweden.... But why does it feel it's super short here too!?T_T

Think this years Halloween game is going to a replay of the first resident evil.

It is that in November?

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The year is almost done and it feels like I haven't done anything ! I came to France partly because the summer is so much longer than in Sweden.... But why does it feel it's super short here too!?T_T

Think this years Halloween game is going to a replay of the first resident evil.

It is that in November?
Man I wanna go to Finland

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at simpler games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Zentrails

Zentrails is just a simple program that allows you to create simple geometrical designs and customize it. Just making Zen trails in the sand...

Zen Trails is a relaxing, simple sand box in which you can do only one thing: draw lines. When you press play, the lines rotate to create beautiful designs.
There are no puzzles, no objectives. It's simply an environment in which you can create beautiful spirographs, set to the most zen-inducing music and visuals.
Footsies Rollback Edition

A simple 2D fighter for anyone who wants a bit of depth but not too much

FOOTSIES is a simple 2D ground-based fighting game that both new and experienced players can pick up and enjoy right away. While the game controls and mechanics are simple, FOOTSIES retains the fundamental feeling of the fighting game genre where spacing, hit confirm and whiff punish are keys to achieve victory.
Breakpoint

Geometry wars, but with an axe. A twin stick shooter that moves outside of the shooter... and gets into a slasher!

We mixed elements from classic arcade games with modern sensibilities to bring you Breakpoint: a challenging top-down score chaser featuring melee weapons that explode.
In a twist on the twin-stick formula, you have no ranged attack. Instead, slice, crush, and blast your way through the swarm. Push your weapons to their breakpoint to unleash a devastating explosion on your enemies. Break, charge, and break your weapons again as you fight to stay alive.

Cloud Gardens

A beautiful puzzle game about retaking decaying environments for nature.

In Cloud Gardens players must harness the power of nature to overgrow lo-fi scenes of urban decay and manufactured landscapes. By planting seeds in the right places, they’re able to create small overgrown dioramas of brutalism and beauty, salvaging and repurposing hundreds of discarded objects to create unique structures for nature to reclaim.
Players can dive into a relaxing sandbox mode with no goals, where they are simply left to delight in their own creativity and create beautiful scenes, or take on a “campaign” of six chapters, where the task is to strike a balance between nature and the manufactured by covering each scene with salvaged objects and lush vegetation.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
After much thought I decided to remove a few former EGS exclusives from my wishlist. Phoenix Point, The Outer Worlds, the Outer Wilds, Hades, Control. Initially I planned on maybe buying them down the line when they drop to a few dollars but I have a ton of other games on my list and I realized that I just don't care enough about these titles anymore to overcome by dislike of their developers and publishers' business decisions.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
The only EGS first game I've bought was Borderlands 3 for like 60% at GMG. Played Outer Worlds via gamepass and picked up a few via Humble Monthly. I operate on the proviso that I'm not buying anything EGS on steam until they are the same price on steam, or cheaper, as the cheapest, including timmy bucks, that they were/are on EGS. Played Control on PS4.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the great new thread, lashman :photoblobheart:

I should probably finish playing Man of Medan one of these days... like, before the new one comes out :grimacing-face:

Oh, and I actually have the Pacifist achievement in Mankind Divided! Got it all the way back in April 2017!
Man of Medan would make sense this month, Humble. Just saying ! :blobdrool:

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
So one sw game ruined by disney, one virtual-only democracy dream and one transphobic horror game? Poor baby October indeed, but at least we got new Larry! /s
And obligatory - :blobnoanime:

PS - retro achievement

Reactions: QFNS and TheTrain

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I think the best way to play [Monkey Island]s with the original art, but with speech using the Ultimate Talkie Edition builder:
Thanks for mentioning this, I looked for an option to do this years ago when the MI 1 SE first came out. I never understood why they didnt enable using the original art + the new voiceovers, especially since I thought (and still think) that the new art ist ghastly.. Thankfully they did so for MI2 SE*, but they never changed the limitation of MI1, as far as I know.

* and thankfully the new art in MI2 SE was better too..

DXMD is good, and I hate that they aren't making more. FINISH THE FUCKING STORY!!!
Indeed! Its sad that Square doesnt seem to grasp that Deus Ex will never be a mainstream game that sells tens of millions (and they never seemed to get that with the Hitman series either). They left "The Fall" story unfinished (probably forgivable), and now the MD story as well... its a shame.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Man of Medan would make sense this month, Humble. Just saying ! :blobdrool:
I'm guessing one of Greedfall or more likely A Plague Tale
Something from Humble themselves, probably Crying Suns, it's been a year.
Man of Medan is a good bet as advertising for the upcoming follow up.
Some sort of crafting thing like Breathedge
Ex-EGS looking for another cheque: Observation, Operencia or Close to the Sun

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.