Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
After much thought I decided to remove a few former EGS exclusives from my wishlist. Phoenix Point, The Outer Worlds, the Outer Wilds, Hades, Control. Initially I planned on maybe buying them down the line when they drop to a few dollars but I have a ton of other games on my list and I realized that I just don't care enough about these titles anymore to overcome by dislike of their developers and publishers' business decisions.
That's where I'm at more or less. When the EGS shenanigans first started I was so frustrated with it I went on an "ignore on Steam" rampage and vowed to never pay any amount of money for those sellouts even when they crawl back to Steam eventually, then I mellowed a bit and thought I'd consider them on a case by case basis. Now that so many of them are on Steam, the most interest I can muster in some of them is to remove them from the ignore list, and to wishlist an even smaller group of those games. I would've probably snapped Untitled Goose Game day one for example had it released on Steam a year ago, but now I just can't bring myself to buy it even though it's sitting at a nice 25% off and has local co-op too now! Maybe I'll get it before the sale ends, but that would be my first (and last for a very long tine probably) purchase of a former EGS moneyhat. First world problems I know but this resentment is what happens I guess when you gaslight and talk down to your customers who aren't hurting for other options in the least :shrugblob:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks lashman for this thread, as always amazing!
New thread smell, etc etc. Great thread @lashman
Nice thread @lashman
And thanks for the OT as always, Lash!
Great thread as always lashman :cat-heart-blob:
Terrific new thread @lashman Thanks very much
Great thread @lashman :steam_pigblanket:
New month, new thread! Great work as usual @lashman
thanks, folks ... it really means a whole lot! thank you

:wd_heart:

Oh hey, I already have that!
oh hey, I have this achievement for once.
PS - retro achievement
wow, so many people ... congrats! :) added!

Okay, okay
You got me with that one. Well done!
you're welcome :p lol

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
My list for October is probably like this:

Sure buy:
Amnesia Rebirth (I enjoyed all Frictional games so far, so this is a no-brainer)

Maybe buy:
Mafia remake (Seems really enticing, and most of you guys seem to enjoy it)
California Games II (because I like having old classics for cheap)

Wait for reviews:
The Uncertain: Light at the End (demo seems promising, probably needs more work tho)
Grey Skies: A War of the Worlds Story (looks like my kinda game, will wait for release/reviews)

Possible purchase contenders:
Remothered Broken Porcelain (didnt play the first one yet, but this seems more interesting anyway)
Ghostrunner (demo was a bit frustrating)
This is the Zodiac Speaking (could be good)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (demo was fairly enjoyable)

Depends if it actually releases, but probably, maybe will buy:
The Outer Worlds (EGS release was Oct. 25, 2019)

Stuff thats already out and that I might get, depending on mood/price etc:
Supraland Crash (played the main game, so eventually I would like the DLC)
Night of the Dead (in Early Access, will see how it develops)
Windbound (mixed reviews right now, but seems interesting))
Ary and the Secret of Seasons (seems interesting)

Obviously thats quite a lot, so I'll try to only get a fraction of this. And see what the sale brings.
~

wow, so many people ... congrats! :) added!
do we need an emergency alternative challenge? :grimacing-face:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Is there an easy way to find all market listings for the items from a certain game?

The way I do it is to go the library page of a game, click on view my trading cards, search the market for unavailable cards, then click [game name] community items. This of course goes out the window entirely if you don't own the game.

There's got to be a better way! Wok, I've got a feeling you would know :cat-heart-blob:

Last edited:

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Mor
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Game Title: Star Wars: Squadrons

Platforms:
  • PC (Oct 2, 2020)
  • Xbox One (Oct 2, 2020)
  • PlayStation 4 (Oct 2, 2020)
Trailer:
Developer: DICE

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 80 average - 70% recommended

Critic Reviews

PCGamesN - Ian Boudreau - 9 / 10
After such a long wait for a successor to X-Wing and TIE Fighter, Star Wars: Squadrons feels like a lucky shot with a proton torpedo.

Twinfinite - Chris Jecks - 4.5 / 5
Quote not yet available

Game Informer - Andrew Reiner - 8.3 / 10
The single-player campaign teaches you the ropes, but achieves little else. Multiplayer is always fun and is exactly what it needs to be to wow Star Wars fans

IGN - Tom Marks - 8 / 10
Star Wars: Squadrons' single-player campaign tells an entertaining story, while its flight controls hit a sweet spot between accessibility and nuance – and it's made even better by VR and HOTAS support.

Shacknews - Chris Jarrard - 8 / 10
Quote not yet available

Hobby Consolas - David Martinez - Spanish - 79 / 100
Squadrons faithfully delivers Star Wars space combat experience, but it lacks more variety in game modes, starships and levels. The whole game is VR compatible, which makes it one of the best experiences we had with this technology.

Spaziogames - Italian - 7.9 / 10
Board the X-Wing or Tie Fighter and journey to a galaxy far, far away. Star Wars: Squadrons is good shooter focused on multiplayer mission-based objectives.

COGconnected - James Paley - 75 / 100
Quote not yet available

Gameblog - Camille Allard - French - 7 / 10
Despite its lack of epicness, Star Wars Squadrons is a pleasant surprise. Whether you're a Star Wars fan or not, you have a good chance to enjoy what this Space Opera game has to offer, which is a great achievement for Motive Studios.

Press Start - Brodie Gibbons - 7 / 10
It's easy to argue that Star Wars: Squadrons doesn't offer quite enough. Players get what is essentially an eight-hour tutorial which acts as a prelude for the game's multiplayer, a limited but fun offering of modes with some potential for great staying power.

Polygon - Charlie Hall - Unscored
From inside my HTC Vive Pro, I feel totally immersed in the action. I'm surrounded by cockpits that look just like they do in the classic films. My ears are filled with familiar Star Wars sounds that I can immediately recognize, and Squadrons' excellent binaural audio brings it to life all around me. I can look in any direction, moving my head as fast as I want without the game struggling to keep up with me. Even while boosting, rolling, and turning to keep a bead on other players during multiplayer, I always felt in control.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
‘Genshin Impact’ tries an interesting live service trick: Make a good game at launch

This should be a given for a new game launch, but somehow it's such a rarity. It's either crashes, server being overwhelmed, co-op not working, constant disconnects, barebone content, or the combination of all that. Genshin Impact has none of that, it just works.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
‘Genshin Impact’ tries an interesting live service trick: Make a good game at launch

This should be a given for a new game launch, but somehow it's such a rarity. It's either crashes, server being overwhelmed, co-op not working, constant disconnects, barebone content, or the combination of all that. Genshin Impact has none of that, it just works.
Expecting a future headline be like
"Players bored at smooth Genshin Impact launch : 'I was kinda looking forward to at least some crashes' "

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'd try Genshin Impact, but it forbids running in a VM and the kernel-level anti-cheat pretty much checks itself off my to-play list :p.

Reactions: sanhora and Cacher

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m toying with the idea of playing Genshin on ipad. Not that I’m terribly interested in maxing it out and their former game, Honkai, controlled well enough on mobile.
But that’s exchanging kernel fuckery for clipboard peeking nonsense. They really make no effort to be loved.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Li Kao

Thread created. Since you had interest, ADD SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any who, its October 1st and I'll be focusing almost exclusively on horror games for the next 31 days. For bigger budget and "PAID" games, this is a preliminary list

Days Gone
Layers of Fear
(I'm almost through but I've saved it for this period to finish)
Resident Evil 7
Soma
House of the Dead Overkill
Doom 2 and 64
Lone Survivor
Dead Nation
Resident Evil 6
Left 4 Dead

And a bunch of others!

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Is there an easy way to find all market listings for the items from a certain game?
You can directly access the page by typing the URL in your browser. Or look for the game on SteamCardExchange.net.

If you have a browser add-on, the link to SCE is visible on the store page:

Once you are there, you can click on this button:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at card games and some RPGs this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Cartridge defense

A roguelite combination of card-based and tower defense. It is still in EA but it seems to have a decent amount of content already!

Cartridge Defense is a tower defense game with collectible cards that you will use to create your own decks to defend against robots in the cyberpunk inspired future. Play cards (cartridges) to spawn towers, upgrades, special abilities and more.
Knock on the coffin lid

RPG card game adventure. Choose your destiny and beat the consequences.

During the game, the main character has a path on which he will always face a hard choice: which way to the main goal will be right one? Help the dwarves to destroy the elven idol or pass by? Could you trust a huge orc? Do I even need such card in my deck?
The choice, as well as all consequences it leads, depends only on you!

Amazing Cultivation Simulator

This fine Chinese game is finally getting an English translation! It is similar to Rimworld on the sense of a randomized map you need to work around. This time, you need to make sure you increase your cultivation and become a god among men.

Rough Google Translate:
"Amazing Immortal Cultivation Simulator" is a simulated business game with Roguelike elements and a combination of survival, role-playing, strategy and other elements. The game is inspired by works such as "Dwarf Fortress", "RimWorld", "Xinshu Mountain Swordsman", "Tianxia Tyrant" and other works, and aims to simulate a unique journey of cultivation for players.
In the game, the player will guide the character's survival and production from the perspective of God and establish his own school. In this process, you will feel the surprises or surprises encountered by the characters, solve the crises and difficulties they face, and personally create your own legend of cultivation.
Every restart is a brand new map, find the right place in the random terrain, let everything in the world become your help. In the sandbox world, do what you want, don't be restrained, do whatever you want. It is up to you to decide whether to live in a group in a cave, build a pavilion on the lake, or use spiritual stones to enjoy the luxury of local slabs.
Vaporum Lockdown

Vaporum is a steampunk dungeon crawler where you need to dig deep to know what the fuck happened in the tower of Vaporum

Vaporum: Lockdown is a prequel to the award-winning steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum. It is a grid-based, single-player, single-character game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting, and inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
Vaporum: Lockdown follows the story of Ellie Teller, a scientist who is a part of a mysterious research project in the middle of an ocean. Following disastrous events, she struggles to survive and escape the tower of Arx Vaporum.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'd try Genshin Impact, but it forbids running in a VM and the kernel-level anti-cheat pretty much checks itself off my to-play list :p.
I wish people would show the same energy for hundreds of other games with kernel anti cheats including pretty much every Ubisoft game, Fortnite, ARMA, Halo, etc. Even the most beloved Fall Guys has it.

Reactions: xinek

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Steve from Minecraft is a sensible inclusion IMO.
For one thing, Smash Bros. did need more POC characters.

Urbosa when, for that matter.
Also Adol.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Can someone please explain to me how it's already October? I'm going to be 30 years old in a few weeks :confounded-face:
You figure it out after yelling at the cloud for the first time like all old men. So in about a week :steam_cleanseal:

Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Daily reminder that Sans and Steve are in Smash but Geno isnt

He's not a character from 1996 no one but hardcore enthusiasts remember.
Hardcore enthusiasts? These nintentoddlers are cute.

You want to be an enthusiast, you gotta know Lord British, Adol, Graham, Werdna, Dizzy the Egg, Guybrush Threepwood, just to name a few.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Age is in your mind and is more than just a number. This minecraft thing in smash just goes to show.

It could help that I have very little to no Nintendo nostalgia and one of my favorite games of last gen is a 2d minecraft. (Terraria)

Reactions: LEANIJA

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
can someone tell me why Steam downloads a 0kb mod of Hoi4 every day?
I don't even know which mod

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Four close beta tests probably helps a lot. Heck during the third close beta, the PS4 version ran worse than the mobile version.

But it's not without any controversy though, "genshin impact" and "spyware" became trending on Japanese Twitter.

Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Acti is sending me a Crash 4 PS4 code tommorrow so might as well at the very least check it out. Still sucks with no PC release yet.

Reactions: QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.