Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
2004 was fine for me, though I've had issues since the beginning with this install and it sometimes running things in admin mode, sometimes not. Sometimes it remembers my account, the only one, is the admin, other time nope you can't possibly be etc.... Sometimes it starts steam in admin mode at startup, other times nope.

Reactions: ISee

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
With my gaming desktop and W10 2004 I had to reinstall audio driver to make it work, but otherwise the update was ok.

I have also updated it to 4 other PCs as well without issues.

Reactions: Stevey

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Had no issues with the 2004 update, but the Xbox/GP app been an unmitigated disaster for me so it all balances out in the end.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Hello everyone,

Has there been any updates on this ?

"current list of things is

bloodborne
god of war
days gone
uncharted collection
the last of us 1 and 2
ghost of sushi

i know bloodborne god of war and sushi are very much in there last stages and relatively can be announced whenever but i dont have that answer. last of us (mainly second one) is in line for nvidia effects possibly dlss and stuff like stranding. "

That list is unreal. I know she is considered trustworthy but.......Sounds too good to be true.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

Has there been any updates on this ?

"current list of things is

bloodborne
god of war
days gone
uncharted collection
the last of us 1 and 2
ghost of sushi

i know bloodborne god of war and sushi are very much in there last stages and relatively can be announced whenever but i dont have that answer. last of us (mainly second one) is in line for nvidia effects possibly dlss and stuff like stranding. "

That list is unreal. I know she is considered trustworthy but.......Sounds too good to be true.
Why would Queen lie? Give it time.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Why would Queen lie? Give it time.
Let's not get carried away. I've never implied she was being deceitful.
But sometimes your sources fail you.

Tell me that list did not elicit a double take from you. It's really crazy to me that Sony would be bringing THAT many titles to PC. They have barely started.
Granted many of that list could be due in 2022 but still.

Time will tell I guess.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Let's not get carried away. I've never implied she was being deceitful.
But sometimes your sources fail you.

Tell me that list did not elicit a double take from you. It's really crazy to me that Sony would be bringing THAT many titles.
Granted many of that list could be due in 2022 but still.
Why would it be so crazy? These ports are likely all in wildly different stages of development so there's nothing unusualy about something that is on the plans being alongside stuff that is being actively developed while still being all real. Just look at how long Horizon took to be announced, we knew it was being worked on for like 2 years, Sony is just fucking weird when it comes to timings and Covid made it worse.

With that said fuck all that I want Skies of Arcadia instead

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I honestly think Sony was planning to bring over lots of titles but Microsoft getting aggressive with exclusives spooked Sony and now they are playing defensive and clutching their exclusives even harder.
nah ... they probably just don't want to say anything before PS5 drops :p because this somehow makes sense in their minds

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
I honestly think Sony was planning to bring over lots of titles but Microsoft getting aggressive with exclusives spooked Sony and now they are playing defensive and clutching their exclusives even harder.
I don't know if Sony can afford to do that. Shawn Layden was pretty candid about huge AAA development being unsustainable and needing a wider install base.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some rpg games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Suits: Absolute Power

A sequel to already a pretty good rpg where you play as a fallen CEO that needs to survive their shareholders wrath in turnbased fashion.

The Fall of Suits City marks the turn of the Final Business Cycle. Unbeknownst to most people on Business Planet, the beginning of the end has arrived. Those that had prepared for this day were also The ones who caused it. At the center of it all is one, recently fired, CEO. The CEO of the terminated Suits City. When a city is recycled it is meant to be placed under total quarantine, fumigation and extermination. The Shareholders of Business Planet, framers of the Declaration of Busidependence, outlined this process in Addendum One: Redaction. However, in the world of business, employees are only as reliable as they are built to be, and the CEO is now a wanted fugitive. His crime, survival. The Shareholders aren't happy and they plan on finishing the job themselves. Your only hope for survival is to befriend the enemy of thine enemy and prepare the offensive. Take them out before they come for you, and stop the Shareholders from obtaining Absolute Power, lest they destroy anything and everything you've ever known. Or, perhaps, you will fall to the poisonous temptations of corruption before you have the opportunity to exact your vengeance on the world that created you and the world that seeks to destroy you.

Mists of Noyah

Survival rpg where you need to protect the crystal you spawn next to and become increasingly powerful. It can be played with friends as a way to better divide tasks.

In Mists of Noyah, you start in an abandoned fort that has been attacked and destroyed by corruption, and you’ll have to explore the world to find the inhabitants who have managed to escape the attack, to rebuild the fort and return to war!
During the day, you’ll have to collect resources such as wood, iron, gold, special ores, plants, food, and search for lost inhabitants of the ancient fort!
During the night, you’ll have to build defensive gates, regroup with the found inhabitants and protect yourself. Every full moon, the demons lash out at your fort and get stronger with each attack. If you lose the fort and can't get it back in time, you LOSE THE GAME!

Silent Sector

Twin stick shooter rpg in a wild-west style space, were force is might and money is king.

Enjoy the adventure during exploring of the vast universe full of mystery and fun!

Silent Sector takes us to a distant part of the galaxy, where several crazy factions fight each other over the profits in a new gold rush – in pursuit of an extraordinary valuable mineral called Eldorite.

The hero comes into this Wild West universe and very quickly loses both his ship and his property, so he must find a way how to repay the debt and take revenge against the admiral Zed. This truly miserable corner of the universe offers him a chance to try his luck and become either a successful merchant, rich miner, feared mercenary or a famous adventurer.

Ring of Pain

Card based game similar to Slay the Spire, with very minimalistic gameplay to allow for quick playthroughs.

Observe and plan your route. Will you go for the loot or backstab a creeping horror? As you scavenge, fight and sneak to new encounters, the ring reacts to your actions.

Play as fast or slow as you like in this challenging, turn-based roguelike. Just be careful where you tread - You may find yourself ambushed, or worse...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Mandatory raid in FF14, another brilliant idea.

Some player : you three tanks should try tanking. In the same direction, would be nice too.
Another one : tanks, decide who is main !
Me, ‘tanking’ : my good dudes, I think I just saw my mouse cursor for the first time in minutes in this deluge of spells. Now will you excuse me, I’m seeing rainbow unicorns when I close my eyes.

The action can get a ‘touch‘ busy.

:wd_rainbow:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I’m seeing rainbow unicorns when I close my eyes.
After a couple of years of routine, you'll be able to read the spell effects and tell which DPS is underperforming based on the rhythm and their composition. You won't even notice the effects, you'll exactly see what is going on, despite huge monstrous bosses filling your entire field of vision.
All while avoiding attacks and triggering defensive abilities to diminish huge damage spikes to make the life of healers easier.

It will be a bit like reading the matrix code.

Reactions: Echoes and Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Here is the latest Humble Choice coupon which I have received. It is only valid for one week.

I don't know if I want it, due to the no-pause constraint, which I might misinterpret. I don't get if I have to get the next 6 Choice bundles.

*Single use coupon.
Coupon redeemable for $3 USD off on your Humble Classic for 6 months before any applicable taxes and fees.
This price is locked in for 6 months, and this offer will be void if your subscription is cancelled or paused.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nabs

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Here is the latest Humble Choice coupon which I have received. It is only valid for one week.

I don't know if I want it, due to the no-pause constraint, which I might misinterpret. I don't get if I have to get the next 6 Choice bundles.
I got a similar email, but it's $6 for one month. I'll take it. I guess they realized their previous email wasn't so hot for Classic users. I would have liked the 6 month one, since I do buy these things more than I'd like to admit.

Reactions: Echoes

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Mandatory raid in FF14, another brilliant idea.

Some player : you three tanks should try tanking. In the same direction, would be nice too.
Another one : tanks, decide who is main !
Me, ‘tanking’ : my good dudes, I think I just saw my mouse cursor for the first time in minutes in this deluge of spells. Now will you excuse me, I’m seeing rainbow unicorns when I close my eyes.

The action can get a ‘touch‘ busy.

:wd_rainbow:
Isn't it a little slow and boring though? I recall the UCD being really, really annoying and getting in the way of any kind of flow and pace, especially as a DPS.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
It means that if you pause/unsub the price is back to full price
Yup, it's a false economy. They can get you roped in for six months at $6 and give you five months of games that don't interest you, or you can just keep pausing every month until they actually have a month worth spending money on and buy that month.

I'm at a point where I literally buy Humble Choice once or twice a year and I'm happy with that.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Isn't it a little slow and boring though? I recall the UCD being really, really annoying and getting in the way of any kind of flow and pace, especially as a DPS.
Depends on the job. FFXIV has slow base GCD but many jobs have a ton of OGCDs to fill the gaps so while you have slower jobs like DNC you also have stuff that is super busy like MCH.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
GUYS I NEED HELP

if i buy this

will work with my country (Chile - CL)
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

if i own base game i will have another entry in steam library?

Thanks!!
No. You will have a single Fallout 4 entry. The key will only add the content from the GOTY version you don't own yet.

By the way, F4GOTY is cheaper at CDKeys if you can and is comfortable buying from there, or if you prefer getting it from an official resellet, GameBillet has it for a couple cents less, too.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Well Hideki Naganuma is cancelled now, he had a good run
Oh boy. I wonder what happened since he also talks about beating CEOs in a fight.

I need to find her Steam account and and her as friend.

Im for sure gonna sleep better at night knowing I have AOC as friend on Steam. And that is not sarcasm.
Everyone has a Steam account.

When I first heard about this game I thought it was a lot older than it actually was. I think I first heard about the Fallout series sometime in 2013. And new Vegas was only 3 years at that point.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
New Vegas is amazing by the fact they made it in like a year or less than a year and the amount of content they rammed into that is fantastic

I was taking a look at my Kickstarter account. I wonder why I stopped backing crowdfunded games.

(✅ means game received)

Note: 198X was actually half the promised game, with the rest TBA, so that's not a whole ✅
Lol, I know a lot of your stuff is still listed as estimated for 2020 DEC etc but that's why I stopped backing things because of wildly missing their release dates and just being outright more expensive than actually waiting to buy it when/if it launched in the first place

When kickstarter first began it was all "Oh you're helping us will this into existance! Here get the game + soundtrack for less than when it would cost at launch!" Now it's more of you're just pre-ordering it super early with no guarantee you can even get the game or your money back

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I'd kill all Sony exclusives development in exchange for a Skies of Arcadia full remake :gunblob:
We can have both ya know.

I did not get such a coupon....
Lemme double check.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

No. You will have a single Fallout 4 entry. The key will only add the content from the GOTY version you don't own yet.

By the way, F4GOTY is cheaper at CDKeys if you can and is comfortable buying from there, or if you prefer getting it from an official resellet, GameBillet has it for a couple cents less, too.
Thanks! will check it out!

Reactions: MJunioR

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Doom Eternal Ancient Gods + Soma Rebirth release tomorrow.
So many games not enough time or monies why :blobclosecry:

I'm not even done with Ni no Kuni yet.

Also, how do I even buy Doom's DLC... :thinking-face:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Yeah got the $9 version and no way this month is worth $9 with how many games already owned. Maybe this leads better coupon for future.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I received this from Humble. They seem to have changed the referral plan
We are pleased to announce our new and improved Humble Choice referral program and increased the maximum Humble Wallet Credit per referral from $8 USD to up to $15 USD!*

*Actual referral credit will depend on the particular plan the invitee purchases. To be eligible to receive the maximum $15 USD Credit, the invitee must purchase the Annual Premium Choice plan for $179.99 USD. Monthly plan purchases will receive a Credit that is equal to 50% of the first month's plan price.
To actually receive 15 dollars, the invitee must purchase a whole year of premium plan

Status
Not open for further replies.