Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Finished Amnesia Rebirth. 7.5 hours. After what I wrote (5 hours in), it got more tedious again. Overall still a good game, but also plenty of times where I thought it's boring/tedious, unfortunately.

Reactions: Arsene and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Finished Amnesia Rebirth. 7.5 hours. After what I wrote (5 hours in), it got more tedious again. Overall still a good game, but also plenty of times where I thought it's boring/tedious, unfortunately.
Was it better than the first one for you ?

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Was it better than the first one for you ?
No... it was prettier, for sure, but 10 years of technical advancement will do that. The mechanics are still pretty much the same, not really new there. The monsters are very much just a nuisance, like they were in Soma, the story is honestly not very great, but at least the environments are very nicely done.

Reactions: Li Kao

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Oh shit Spelunky 2 has updated to 1.13a. Long list of fixes (also includes spoilers probably?), but it definitely fixes a couple things that have torpedoed long runs I had in the past. Getting donked on the head by a hired hand dropping a rock while on a ledge is one for sure. I ate lava for that.

It also sounds like they have fixed some of the dead ends in the layouts that can be generated which is really good news because I feel like there are few of those in Dwelling which are REALLLY shitty and hard to see coming. Excited to try some runs.

Reactions: yuraya and Echoes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Balance: Added gold on top of snap traps as bait so they're easier to spot
Mounts' hitboxes slightly widened so they should be harder to miss and easier to ride
Pets can now enter through special worlds' doors

Last edited:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
We had heavy rumours which obviously turned out to be true.
Can't say I've heard any of them, aside from that russian dude. I don't recall anything regarding HZD on PC before November-December 2019.

Regardless I hope Queen's list will turn out true, some games on that list at the very least.

God of War (2018) on PC would push me to buy a RTX 3080. Seriously.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Humankiind demo on Stadia runs terrible and looks blurry. It's free to try for 1 week as long as you have a Google account.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
watch the early access magically last exactly 12 months ...
If EGS wants to be the beta test store AND pay for that privilege, let it be so.

Was it more interesting/fun than A Machine for Pigs?

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I tried the Humankind demo on Stadia and, well, Stadia is trash. No ultrawide support and poor IQ killed it for me.

But I'm also pretty disappointed in Humankind. Maybe I'm spoiled by the quality UI that modern Civ games have, but everything in Humankind feels buried underneath obscure icons and bad tutorials. Nothing feels organic and everything is a mess. I felt put off with how poor the game demonstrates systems to me.

However, when I actually managed to get a hang of things, I quite like some of the things they've done compared to Civilization. I'm not sold on the combat yet, mostly because I'm not sure what the hell happened, but there's promise.

I was told there'd be a survey, but I didn't get one. Not sure what happened there as I really want to lament how bad the tutorial for this game is. Though I moaned about the tutorials for other Amplitude games and they've never fixed them, so it's clearly not a priority. At this point I'm leaning towards pass on this game, which is a shame because I want a Civ killer.

Reactions: Swenhir

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I feel a little bad for Stadia. It reminds me of Mixer for some reason. I like the concept of Stadia, but the execution and decision making is straight trash.
Xcloud and Luna are basically what Stadia should have been. If I'm dropping $60 for a game, it sure as heck isn't going to be on a streaming service.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Their definition of Tabletop triggers me though.
Neverwinter Nights, really ? I mean, if we stretch it, yeah...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Salt & Sanctuary is only $3.59 on Humble right now. (With Choice) I might be weird, but I've been waiting for bundle prices for a while, and this seems like a good deal. This also means it's going to be in an upcoming bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.