Community MetaSteam | October 2020 - Out of Stock & Out of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

Noita is alright. Played an hour or so. Im a bit shit at these games but im enjoying it. Dev (i think) is streaming it now on Steam.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

What’s in store for the next decade at MachineGames?
Fredrik: Games, games, and more games! I also think being part of Microsoft will help us make even greater games in the future. They have a huge number of knowledgeable people, great developers, tech solutions and hardware.

I didn't like The New Colossus that much, bit with the help of MS I can see a bright future for them. I loved The New Order and Old Blood.

Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

I didn't like The New Colossus that much, bit with the help of MS I can see a bright future for them. I loved The New Order and Old Blood.
I liked New Colossus, that game went really crazy places. I do agree it's less dramatic and impactful compared to New Order, but I still got a lot of entertainment from it.
I also liked Young Blood, so maybe I'm just a sucker for Machine Games output :shrugblob:

Reactions: Echoes and lashman

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Man, it really has been a while since the last Bloodborne on PC related rumors surfaced. Hoping that some form of related news pops up soon. I've been itching for an announcement for far too long now
I bet you are not alone. I'm far more eager to see God of War on PC myself but Bloodborne Remaster on Steam would be huge for Sony.
By far the most requested game I think.

InquisitorAles gave an update a month or so ago. It's presumably real and will release at some point in the future....
I guess Sony won't announce anything PC related before the launch of their new console.

It's going to be a while until we see an announcement. Q1 2021 would be my guess. :(

• Eyes
Reactions: Jav

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm mostly interested in GoW for the cinematography to be honest. Ghost of Tsushima for the photo mode and the cute foxes.

Considering the price both of them are bound to be released at because if Sony learned anything from Microsoft, it's fuck PC customers, I'll buy them on sale in a year :p.

Reactions: lashman and Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I'm mostly interested in GoW for the cinematography to be honest. Ghost of Tsushima for the photo mode and the cute foxes.

Considering the price both of them are bound to be released at because if Sony learned anything from Microsoft, it's fuck PC customers, I'll buy them on sale in a year :p.
Yeah those will likely be 70$/79.99€ at release....
Or close to it.

I'm totally willing to pay as much for God of War at 144hz.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
I bet you are not alone. I'm far more eager to see God of War on PC myself but Bloodborne Remaster on Steam would be huge for Sony.
By far the most requested game I think.

InquisitorAles gave an update a month or so ago. It's presumably real and will release at some point in the future....
I guess Sony won't announce anything PC related before the launch of their new console.

It's going to be a while until we see an announcement. Q1 2021 would be my guess. :(
Most of my interest is in Souls stuff so Bloodborne is really the only Sony game that I want badly on PC. After beating and platinuming the original Demon's Souls on RPCS3 I really want more of this kind of horror inspired worldbuilding and the different checkpoint system that DeS and BB have compared to Dark Souls. Also the increased combat speed is extremely appealing to me. Can't say I'm against any other Sony game coming to PC though. Really don't like exclusivity in general, and the fact that Sony is more or less the only home console manufacturer that essentially uses it as their sole product differentiation against their competition makes it all the more scummy.

Reactions: Shahem

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I love my Xbox One S controller and I do like its d-pad. Not close to the perfection that is Logitech F310 D-Pad tho. I like my DS4 for platforming games but the plug and play nature of the Xbox controller wins out. Shame that the DS4 is being dropped by Sony.

The new d-pad design looks awful. Maybe I need to get one in my hands... but.... Idk about that layout.
It's a great controller for general use, yeah. My main issues with the XBO's d-pad are that diagonals don't feel great, partly because the d-pad itself is a bit too rigid and flat, I think. Also doesn't help that mine began missing inputs regular as of a few years now. Really hope the new ones are better, because I prefer the Xbox stick layout over the 8bitdo's.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I liked New Colossus, that game went really crazy places. I do agree it's less dramatic and impactful compared to New Order, but I still got a lot of entertainment from it.
I also liked Young Blood, so maybe I'm just a sucker for Machine Games output :shrugblob:
You are not alone ;) :p

Reactions: Mivey

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I bought a Switch and I'm not sure if I like it.

My eyes are definitely too broken to be looking at the screen in handheld mode. I lost my reading glasses a long time ago and mended the only problem it caused by putting the font one size bigger on the Kindle :p Glasses are here somewhere but I can't see them :p

Apart from exclusives, not sure why I would want to output the Switch to a bigger screen. Maybe I'll use it for a few weeks and see if I come round to liking it.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at some twin stick shooters / action games this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines

A fantasy twin stick shooter that blends some rpg elements to feel challengued and rewarded!

The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines is a twin-stick fantasy shooter centered around the ability to stop time. You’ll play as Gregor, a newly recruited member of the Eternal Fellowship, and an Ambassador of Time. Just as you are learning to use your newfound powers, the Fellowship’s capital city is mysteriously destroyed! As one of the only remaining fellows, you must find those responsible and return Tamaris to its former glory.
Lithium City

A cyberpunk isometric twin stick action game, with tight gunplay and varied encounter in the different levels.

Lithium City is a stylized isometric action game set in a neon-drenched world of electricity and violence. Take on the role of Tsunami, a lightning fast blue-haired girl as she fights her way through this dark and vibrant vision of the future.
Fight, shoot, and dash your way through 6 chapters, each with a unique and compelling theme. Every room has been carefully crafted to provide an interesting challenge and to keep the momentum moving forward. No grinding or padding, just gameplay with a splash of environmental and non-verbal storytelling

Strike Buster Prototype

Traditional STG with adaptive difficulty where you strive to get the highest possible score by doing combos and selecting the appropiate weapon for each enemy.

《STRIKE BUSTER:prototype》is a retro style arcade shooting game with unique gameplay and a lot of modern elements.
The game has a combat system that focuses on combo accumulation. Accumulating combos will upgrade the weapon's power, consume combos can use powerful items, and deduct the combos after being hit by the enemy won't let you die immediately. Therefore, combos are experience, energy, and life.
The game has a unique weapon restraint system, which makes it easier to kill some enemies with restraint weapons. You must always decide which weapon to use to kill different monsters first.

Hexterminate

Action game where you play a ship commander that has the mission of bringing order back to the galaxy by basically blowing up anyone who disagrees.

A fairly straightforward statement, although not one echoed by all of the other factions in the galaxy. HEXTERMINATE puts you in command of the Imperial flagship, under orders to conquer the galaxy. Diplomacy has been discarded in favour of the "more firepower" approach, as 'making friends' is not on the Emperor's agenda. How difficult can it be?
Modular construction
Each ship is built out of hexagonal modules which slot together, including armour, reactors and weapons. With dozens of different types and rarity levels, you build the spec you want. It is your choice how you will tackle galactic conquest: from massive behemoths with layered armour to blitzing sniper battlecruisers. Given that every module is individually destructible, a few well placed shots at your enemy's ships can be devastating.
A living galaxy
The galaxy changes over time as the various factions vie for power. Fleets embark on missions, sectors are won and lost, every game will play out differently. Even in the middle of a fight reinforcements can turn the tide for either side.
Your own fleet
Assemble a fleet to accompany you in your quest, from long range gunships, front-line battleships and support vessels. Or decide to keep all the glory for yourself, fighting on your own against a hostile galaxy.
Perk system
Further customise how you tackle HEXTERMINATE by acquiring perks as you destroy enemy ships: from access to experimental ships to add to your fleet to increased rate of fire for each landed shot, you'll find a range of options to complement your style of play.

Deleted member 113

Funny you should mention Strike Buster Prototype, eonden, because I meant to post about it earlier this week, and earlier today. :giggle:

I was going to say it's, sadly, probably the closest we are getting to Bangai-O on PC. :disappointed-face:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Funny you should mention Strike Buster Prototype, eonden, because I meant to post about it earlier this week, and earlier today. :giggle:

I was going to say it's, sadly, probably the closest we are getting to Bangai-O on PC. :disappointed-face:
Its been on my backlog to post about for like 2 weeks or so lmao.

I agree with this completely, very well written, succinct and to the point.
:)
Was looking for a good description in the reviews and saw yours and then just subscribed to your curator :p

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
these are the giveaways I think

So devs might get about $100k for being in Humble Choice: (And request is, 500k keys afaik)

We're after Treasure Hunter Simulator's Humble Bundle debut, and later this year Humble Choice subscribers will get access to our horror movie The Beast Inside. In addition to the impressive and previously unplanned additional revenue from these two partnerships of over $ 210,000 USD, we also negotiated more attractive terms of daily cooperation with the Humble Store. For each key sold on the Steam platform, we will get a greater percentage than most publishers present there - comments Mateusz Wcześniak, president of Movie Games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomasety

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
these are the giveaways I think

I'm not allowed to any of the giveaways :(

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Shitty by Sony

And now that I have you're guys attention, the game is half off on Steam and GOG. I have yet to play it, but it's on my neverending backlog list, but I've heard it's fantastic. It's a black/white colored crime puzzle game apparently.

I adored his previous game, Papers Please.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Xbox, PC and Android.

Shitty by Sony

And now that I have you're guys attention, the game is half off on Steam and GOG. I have yet to play it, but it's on my neverending backlog list, but I've heard it's fantastic. It's a black/white colored crime puzzle game apparently.

Gonna pick this up, thanks.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Shitty by Sony

A masterpiece, a must for any fan of good stories. It's even better if you can share your guesses with somebody else.

Reactions: Prodigy and C-Dub

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Shitty by Sony

And yet somehow Steam is "just a client", despite it offering better features, allows devs to fully control their product, has semi-automated refund system, supports a large number of different payment services, has a great wishlist feature, cloud saves, free multiplayer, allows devs to easily share beta versions, and even early access to the games, has a streaming client backed in, which also works over the internet, supports tons of different 3rd party controllers, has a custom UI for VR, and for controller support, allows you to upload thousands and thousands of screenshots for free and there's still a ton of things I haven't listed.

I would love to live in a world where all that above is the absolute baseline, and supported on every gaming platform, PC or console.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
And yet somehow Steam is "just a client", despite it offering better features, allows devs to fully control their product, has semi-automated refund system, supports a large number of different payment services, has a great wishlist feature, cloud saves, free multiplayer, allows devs to easily share beta versions, and even early access to the games, has a streaming client backed in, which also works over the internet, supports tons of different 3rd party controllers, has a custom UI for VR, and for controller support, allows you to upload thousands and thousands of screenshots for free and there's still a ton of things I haven't listed.

I would love to live in a world where all that above is the absolute baseline, and supported on every gaming platform, PC or console.
No but you see Sony has to have some good reasons for this!!!

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Has she given any updates at all since first post mentioning those games ? It's kind of hard to believe that Ghost could have been developped on PC all along. It's insane to me.

Regardless as rushed as Horizon was it's still a world above the PS4 version. I'm also confident future Sony PC ports will launch in a better state.
Don't remember any new update from her afterwards, unfortunately. Plans always change so let's wait for the announcement. Personally I have no rush to play them.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I bought Yakuza 0 and I've been playing it these last couple of days. I'm not super impressed with it so far. My main complaint is that the game wastes the player's time every chance it gets. Many activities have unskippable segments that really grate when you want to repeat them and the dialog system is so painfully slow as it forces you to click through multiple small text boxes that contain one phrase at a time in classic jRPG style. We'll see if the story and quests are engaging enough to make me stick with it.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Shitty by Sony

It was my game of the year 2018.
Probably in a game of the decade/gen/whatever list too.
Also it's not super duper long, so clearing it from your backlog would be pretty easy.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
For God Wars, I think I will just do the main quests, with some side quests just for quick EXP. It isn't that hard yet on Normal but I dislike how its Skill system lets you unlock passives and abilities in incrimental bits, like 10 levels for an offensive ability is too much. 3 or 5 levels is the sweet spot for this.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Short interruption to show of DLSS in Avenger's:

1440p DLSS
1440p TAA

(best to open in two separate windows imo)

Game plays significantly more fluent. Everything is a bit more detailed; the fence is sharper with clearer outlines, the asphalt below Iron Man has more details, shutters in the windows are better, the art structure in the background appears to be differently lit, even some lights are now "on"... etc.
The tech is adding details that are not present at the original resolution?

Nvidia with its f* black magic DLSS. Now they need to add it to good games, lol.
Will N/S Pro have some form of Nvidia super AI upscaling?

Also something I noticed despite not being in dali Half Life Alyx is climbing the charts, I was wondering why. In guessing it's because of the Oculus Quest 2 that just came out, and at least in EU I think there was a big batch of the Index that just got rolled out

Status
Not open for further replies.