Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'll test it again but with Death Stranding I saw a noticeable improvement. For example in the safe room it was hanging on 92 FPS and with this method it went to 110-120.
SpecialK afaik doesn't work with death stranding.

edit: no ok it might be that the room I'm in is different somehow because I still have 120 FPS even when disabling HAGS, so it wasn't it!
Personal anecdotes, I've had HAGS enabled for a long time and haven't had any issues.
SpecialK though, I'd never use unless it fixed something big like making the Crash Nsane Trilogy run uncapped. That thing just causes more problems than it solves.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I'll add that the guy that made S&S worked with his ex-wife (at least) since Charlie Murderer, but since they got divorced he's claiming to have always been a one man studio, cancelling her work as art designer/animator
So yeah, I could see him being a jackass going with epic
Wow that is super shitty, I clearly remember their earlier content talking about how they were a 2-person team. This is firmly in the "don't buy" category for me now and I would have never known if it wasn't for EGS so thanks again Timmy!

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
GOTY

Also

I just wanted to check something in Batman Arkham Knight and then I saw that game runs butter smooth on my PC maxed out and now I want to replay it XD
I don't think I have another playthrough in me despite completing all other Arkham games several times. Those tank sections... WOOF.

• This!

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Also

I just wanted to check something in Batman Arkham Knight and then I saw that game runs butter smooth on my PC maxed out and now I want to replay it XD
I did that same mistake in March.... "let me just see how Arkham Knight runs on my 3080".

Let's just say it plays a little better now.

If you can control yourself and not go into "do everything on the map" mode, it's probably worth it. But, since I replayed 13 games this year, I'm guessing I'm not the best person to give advice on this....

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I don't think I have another playthrough in me despite completing all other Arkham games several times. Those tank sections... WOOF.
I put almost 50hrs into it over the last 2 weeks to finally finish it after starting 6 years ago. I'll forever have a soft spot for Asylum but Knight is imo the best of the bunch (the city itself and traversal are much improved compared to City) and here's the kicker, I don't get the complaints about the Batmobile. Its introduction is needlessly annoying but there aren't that many forced sections during the main campaign or even side-missions. Also I.... legit like the combat? And Riddler's puzzles you have to do with it. Even done a ton of VR racing missions. Maybe I'm weird but after watching a few retrospectives it seems I'm not the only one who liked or has come around to the car stuff.

Also if you haven't played it, that Batwoman DLC is fantastic and worth a reinstall. Sadly the other DLCs are much, much worse. Plus the game looks fantastic at highest setting while running smooth at 60 or 90fps, hard to believe it's over half a decade old. Had a couple of crashes though.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I received a review copy of Arkham Knight on PS4, played through it there, then bought it on Steam as I wanted to play it on PC too, but I have yet to do it. Usually I don't have trouble with relplaying games on PC I've already played on console, but Arkham Knight is a special case.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
I put almost 50hrs into it over the last 2 weeks to finally finish it after starting 6 years ago. I'll forever have a soft spot for Asylum but Knight is imo the best of the bunch (the city itself and traversal are much improved compared to City) and here's the kicker, I don't get the complaints about the Batmobile. Its introduction is needlessly annoying but there aren't that many forced sections during the main campaign or even side-missions. Also I.... legit like the combat? And Riddler's puzzles you have to do with it. Even done a ton of VR racing missions. Maybe I'm weird but after watching a few retrospectives it seems I'm not the only one who liked or has come around to the car stuff.

Also if you haven't played it, that Batwoman DLC is fantastic and worth a reinstall. Sadly the other DLCs are much, much worse. Plus the game looks fantastic at highest setting while running smooth at 60 or 90fps, hard to believe it's over half a decade old. Had a couple of crashes though.
I found the combat to the best out of the bunch. The fear takedowns was a great addition (even if it's OP, but then again batman is OP) and helped speed up the combat a lot. And I didn't hate the batmobile sections, either. Honestly, after having played the previous 3 games prior to Arkham Knight, it felt like a nice change. Ejecting out of the batmobile for the glide boost never got old.

There's also something very gratifying about using all the tools + fear and environmental takedowns to get rid of enemies in a base without actually fighting them in meele range.

Reactions: derExperte

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Yes, yes, yes.

Exactly what I was looking for.
I have no plans to get a Deck anytime soon, but I hope that the Deck testing process encourages more developers to implement text size options. tiny text isn't as big an issue for me as it was when I was using a TV as my primary monitor, but there are still a few too many PC games where I have to squint a bit to read important text.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I have an odd relationship with the Arkham games. I know that the moment to moment gameplay improves over each game in the series I found myself liking the games less and less as they went on. I just found the games got more and more bloated as they progressed. Some of it was falling into the old Open World gameplay loops. The only game I couldn't complete was Knight. Just something about it soured me to the game. I am not sure wether it is just left over resentment over the way the game landed on PC or my dislike of the Red Hood as a character in general. Was never a big fan in the comics and didn't find too much of interest in the game.

I also really enjoyed Origins as well, I think it is a shame that game gets cast aside.

I keep thinking about going back to Knight and seeing if my opinions have changed. Might do that over my Christmas break.

Deleted member 113

Skydrift Infinity, the recently "remaster" of Skydrift, is currently rather cheap at Humble (less than 2€):

Here's a trailer that was released around launch:

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
While gaben is idling (cards) pirates receive a better service for reals.
And I haven't played some of those trs yet.

• Eyes

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I think it's time I finally commit and finish Dead Space. Thankfully we don't need a remake to play at 144hz and whatever resolution we want :evilblob:
Just replayed all of them in August. The first two games hold up really well, aside from bad mouse input that already was a problem at release. But this being on PC and all, there is a fix you can download :)

Now..... just a heads up: There was one section of the first game that did crash on me if it was running at more than 60 fps. The rest was fine except for the wonky physics.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Nabs

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I completed the infamous elephant section in It Takes Two. Funny thing is I had read hints about what would happen, but never got fully spoiled. It was nothing like I was expecting. I thought the elephant would transform into a grotesque monster. I had no idea you'd unintentionally torture it to death.

FunnyJay