Community MetaSteam | October 2021 - Guardians of Ashes: Maiden of Empires

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Lmao that Uncharted movie really does just take all the big set pieces from the games and go "look we did the thing!"

I'm still going to see it

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Good Afternoon, Terrarians!

Just wanted to share a quick update on stuff the team has been doing. As we mentioned before, we are doing some Steam Deck optimization-focused stuff, and that work is going quite well...
There's more than that, something relating to a possible crossover with certain popular game (picture inside the link)

---

New historical low

5 times in a bundle

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Nvidia introduced a new Geforce now tier:

Not cheap, but if you have good internet (and don't mind the other constraints of streaming) it's clearly still financially preferable to the alternatives.
Price is pretty damn rough when you consider how many big devs and publishers still aren't on board with GFN, and those are the games that would benefit the most from the new tier.
As an owner of an aging 1060 that's been eyeing the streaming stuff, GFN would be a no brainer if it was 100% of my Steam library like it was supposed to be. xCloud is starting to look pretty tempting too but they seem to currently have the worst streaming tech.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Lmao that Uncharted movie really does just take all the big set pieces from the games and go "look we did the thing!"

I'm still going to see it

Holland looks, behaves and talks nothing like Drake.

Don't know what they were thinking with that cast.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Do I have to play Uncharted 4 on PC to understand the Uncharted movie?? Or do I have to watch the movie before playing Uncharted 4 on PC?
I don't know, it's like something is missing...

Holland looks, behaves and talks nothing like Drake.

Don't know what they were thinking with that cast.
Remember Sam Worthington? Remember Hayden Christensen?

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Do I have to play Uncharted 4 on PC to understand the Uncharted movie?? Or do I have to watch the movie before playing Uncharted 4 on PC?
I don't know, it's like something is missing...

Remember Sam Worthington? Remember Hayden Christensen?
The movie seems to be some weird mixture of the first 3 games so yea watching the movie and playing 4 after is a good way to do it.

Tho best thing to do is still play the first 3 before doing 4 if you can. If you can't just watch some brief story summary on youtube because you will enjoy 4 a lot more if you have some prior story bits.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

New game from the Stardew Valley dev: ConcernedApe's Haunted Chocolatier.

Still in early development. He probably would have saved himself a headache by not announcing it this soon.
I will be there day 1.

Now to resist another playthrough of Stardew Valley (still waiting for the update to hit the iPad).

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
New game from the Stardew Valley dev: ConcernedApe's Haunted Chocolatier.

Still in early development. He probably would have saved himself a headache by not announcing it this soon.
Yeah, sounds like he still iterating trying to find what exactly what form the game will take. Getting the internet involved is probably not the best step right now.

Still, if he can make it even half as charming and fun as Stardew Valley, I'm getting it.

Oh crap.... a game as addictive as Stardew that also makes me crave for chocolate is probably not going to be good for my health.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The Riftbreaker sold more than 200k on Steam in the week of release:

Extremely happy to see so many people support such a unique game. It's my GOTY so far! 😍

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Steam currently has:

Steam Digital Tabletop Fest - RPG Edition with broadcasts and stuff until 25th Oct

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Lashley Good bye my friend, it was nice to meet you. I expect to see you again in a few weeks when you resurface for a short while before being dragged by down into the stats again by an off-hand remark. "Hmmm, you know maybe i could take St. Nigel's Old Boys to the top of the Double Glazing League with a 50p budget and a fridge full of FAB lollies.... hmmmm."

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
:frogchamp:
:pikachu:

TIL these two games are roughly the same games, and despite what is written on Steam, developped by the same people.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Price is pretty damn rough when you consider how many big devs and publishers still aren't on board with GFN, and those are the games that would benefit the most from the new tier.
As an owner of an aging 1060 that's been eyeing the streaming stuff, GFN would be a no brainer if it was 100% of my Steam library like it was supposed to be. xCloud is starting to look pretty tempting too but they seem to currently have the worst streaming tech.
Still can't select language for gfn - picks one of the OS, games use it as well usually with no option to change. Unusable shite for everyone except muricans maybe. Free sub is more than they deserve.

• Evil
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Ah damnit, I should have taken the extra Humble Choice keys I had when I had the chance. I had Turok 1 & 2, Street Fighter V, and a bunch more to give away. Oh well. At least I snatched a few I didn't have

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Not that I need any more games to check out, but has anyone tried Into the Pit? Curious how that one plays. I think there was a demo I missed.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Echo Generation is fun but pretty old-schooled. Sometimes need to backtrack to heal as well as do a bit grinding due to difficulty spike.

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

Steam Client Beta - October 21
OCT 21 @ 7:19PM - TAYLOR SHERMAN
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

General
  • Various fixes and improvements related to connecting to the Steam servers
  • Fix a rare crash/black screen loading library pages
  • Fix a blank screen when loading some announcements
  • Updated embedded Chromium build in Steam to 84.0.4147.105
Steam Cloud
  • Greatly reduce pre- and post-game sync time for apps which have hundreds or thousands of local files managed by Steam Cloud
  • Replace use of some Windows APIs which have been deprecated and may cause errors on Windows 11
  • Fix issue causing “Unknown” or very-old file timestamps in the Sync Conflict dialog
Steam Input
  • Improve handling of offline mode by moving locally edited configurations to Steam Cloud. You will now get cloud conflict dialogs when launching a game or opening the controller configuration screen rather than losing changes.
  • Add new Steam Deck glyphs to Steam Input API and visually update the existing glyphs. :blobeyes:
  • Fix a crash related to Steam Remote Play
Shader Pre-Caching
  • Reduce memory use when processing shader caches
  • Improve performance and reduce disk I/O when updating Mesa caches on Linux
Linux
  • Updated scout and heavy runtimes: Improve compatibility with recent Let's Encrypt TLS/SSL certificate chains

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
This might mean no more Suda on Steam
NetEase has still been publishing games on Steam as recently as Naraka in August and Infinite Lagrange just a few weeks ago (although this last one flew under the radar).

I actually think they may stay relatively hands off of Suda51, but who knows. It is honestly a bit of a surprising pick-up since I feel like NetEase has focused on mobile, F2p, and/or live service games.
_
Missed this was releasing on Steam

Oh it was just announced
A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism coming to PC on December 7 - Gematsu

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This might mean no more Suda on Steam
On the contrary, NetEase is constantly releasing games on Steam, last one being Naraka which was a hit, so, if anything, Suda will keep releasing not only on Steam but also on the other platforms like consoles.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Looks like it's time to get the first game and Alternative.
But then again I'm realizing I'm still (probably) some months away from the SteamDeck and there should be at least another sale inbetween that time, so I might just wait a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.