Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Speaking of Nvidia, do you remember when they introduced the SSRTGI filter and the DLDSR?
They used Prey to showcase the new features, specifically with these screenshots

You might wanna know that those filters are not and never have been implemented with Prey, blantatly falsely advertised as working on d1
Not only that, it seems they never updated the list of compatible games, and so far I only got them working with RE2 Remake.

Remember this now that they promised "the RTX remaster" of games such as Morrowind

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
You might wanna know that those filters are not and never have been implemented with Prey, blantatly falsely advertised as working on d1
Not only that, it seems they never updated the list of compatible games, and so far I only got them working with RE2 Remake.

Remember this now that they promised "the RTX remaster" of games such as Morrowind
I honestly think the thing they learned from that is to not rely on publishers to have any interest in patching their older games.

That's why the "RTX Remix" stuff is based on technology which is basically GeDoSaTo/Special-K on steroids (in terms of being an injector that hijacks the rendering pipeline at the API level). They can do the entire thing without relying on the publisher to do anything.

But we'll see when it releases.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
They didn't promise 'remasters' of anything other than Portal. They explicitly said that the Morrowind video was just a tech demo and they are not working to mod the full game. That video was just a demonstration of the tools.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I think Morrowind is a great game, the world is one of its kind, but the remaster itself would not convince me to replay it. The gameplay is too dated. This game needs a remake to update some of the systems. Fingers crossed that Skywind ever releases and it's actually good.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Just finished reading a review for Superpower 3 and it unfortunately doesn't sound too hot. I'm going to look for some more reviews later on before making a decision, but damn.

Guess it's another year of Power & Revolution for me.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
After spending the last ten minutes weirdly fixated on the first Candice steam page, and now looking at your profile pic, what are you playing right now Aaron D. ?

edit
This is not a diss, your tastes don’t always align with mine but they are genuinely interesting.

Last edited:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Just finished reading a review for Superpower 3 and it unfortunately doesn't sound too hot. I'm going to look for some more reviews later on before making a decision, but damn.

Guess it's another year of Power & Revolution for me.
Yeah that's the impression I'm getting too. This seems like a textbook case of the publisher washing their hands off of the game and sending it out to die. There have been no gameplay trailers at all. No promotion at all. No sites doing previews or anything. Yesterday a small number of streamers got the game and there was some confusion about whether they had an old build of the game.

I was under the impression that the game was supposed to release next year and I was actually surprised when I found out the release date recently.

I mentioned this a couple of months ago when I was talking about the Jagged Alliance games and the chequered history that franchise has... It's really sad when publishers seem to have no affinity for the legacy of the games they publish. Jagged Alliance has had multiple bad games in a row because nobody at the publisher cared enough to do right by the series. And now we have Jagged Alliance 3 on the horizon and you wonder if the publisher (THQ Nordic) will repeat the same mistake again.

Superpower 3 is a follow up to a 20 year old game. It's a wargame so it never set the world on fire back in the day, but, there are still people like me around who liked that game and would have a loved to have a good sequel after all this time. Well, the publisher is THQ Nordic...

Last edited:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
After spending the last ten minutes weirdly fixated on the first Candice steam page, and now looking at your profile pic, what are you playing right now Aaron D. ?

edit
This is not a diss, your tastes don’t always align with mine but they are genuinely interesting.

Current rotation highlight is Taxinaut.

Here's my Steam review.

Few weeks back I was high on Electrique.

My review.

Just for giggles, here my Candice review.

Next couple weeks are looking to bring the heat with a two titles I'm hyped for.

Been on the lookout for DDS for a while now as the demo has been out in the wild for months.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Has anyone tested if Spidey is the only Sony game that supports account linking? I don't feel like reinstalling GoW or Horizon just to check if I can get a costume lol.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Finally rolled credits in Xenoblade 3. Saw the post game stuff and decided I'm good. 90+ hours is enough thanks.

Recruited to dig into Monkey Island this weekend. I actually really like the art style in motion from the videos I've seen. Should be a fun romp and not too long which should let me be ready for Persona 5 when they releases later this month.

I'm playing games! I know that's weird for this forum, but hey. LOL

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Funny thing is that those games are likely to come out on Steam given the recent movement, and let's remember that Crash 4 package has been getting regular activity for the last 3 months (July 15th, 2022 to be more precise), so, yeah. I think it will come.

As for the rest, another reminder, the Activision dev accounts before they went private, they had the same number of owned games and pretty much matches with the released AND unreleased catalog, so, yeah, at the very least, something might be hidden.
I swear I didn't do anything lol

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Activision released new MW PC Trailer and one of the bullet points is over 500 customizable settings on PC. And they actually implemented search option in the menu for it

For example there are 5 FoV options alone

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.