Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I wish Steam had more options to organise your library.

Categories are great, but where's name sorting configuration?
You know, the collection interface is close to what I want (I like more of a tag system than a category system), but on desktop I want the old left sidebar gone, since if you add a game to multiple collections (aka you treat it more like tags) the game shows up multiple times in the left sidebar. That is crappy.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
You know, the collection interface is close to what I want (I like more of a tag system than a category system), but on desktop I want the old left sidebar gone, since if you add a game to multiple collections (aka you treat it more like tags) the game shows up multiple times in the left sidebar. That is crappy.
I have the left sidebar pretty much always sorted by recent games, so I dont have that problem, but I know what you mean. More options are always great, there is definitely room for Valve to improve the library still.

~

Update the PC version you cowards. 😭
Why is platform exclusive content still a thing???
(I know the answer sadly)
Not that I see myself replaying Nier Automata soon, but I must have missed there even was a console exclusive update? But yeah they should absolutely not have updates limited to one platforms, thats ridiculous.

Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Shit, maybe I should play more of Onrush on my PS5, but not sure I wanna turn on my PS5 atm.

The servers with the SP progression is still shutting down, right?

Wish it came to PC.

• Eyes

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE look so great. I hope it gets steam release soon.
It's curious how so many middle budget japanese games are skipping PlayStation release.

Deleted member 113

For those that missed it, Wizardry: The Five Ordeals, a remaster of a previously Japanese-only Wizardry entry, has recently added full English support.

All 5 official scenarios/campaigns have English translations now available. On top of this, there's quite a few user made scenarios, some of them also in English (the original game was released almost 20 years ago, and maintained a very healthy community all this time; since the launch of this Steam version, Japanese users have been converting their scenarios, since it's apparently easy to do so).

Additionally, the developers announced that two further scenarios/campaigns will be added to the game as DLC, also with full English translations for the first time: "The Absence of Misericordia” and “Prisoners of the Battles" (the later was also released on PS2).

If you like the genre, this game is well worth checking out, and it has content to last you for ages.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE look so great. I hope it gets steam release soon.
It's curious how so many middle budget japanese games are skipping PlayStation release.
In fact it was announced as a exclusive debut on Switch so that likely means PC release after that.

We all know when Kingdom Hearts will be released on Steam. It will be exactly two weeks and one day after fantomena caves and buys them on EGS. I am convinced Square Enix is waiting for him to buy them and not be able to refund them before pulling the trigger.
lol

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Think of it like this, you can’t possibly be able to play all games anyway, not enough time nor life span.
I am watching cinematic or dialogue-heavy games on my second monitor while I play gameplayheavy (and still fun after hundreds of hours) games on my main machine.
Not only can I do double the games in the same timespan, sometimes it is even 3, or 4, or 5 times the amount, when I can just skip things in video (like the hundredths trash fight in Trails of cold steel, or any fight in Uncharted, TKOU, etc

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I am watching cinematic or dialogue-heavy games on my second monitor while I play gameplayheavy (and still fun after hundreds of hours) games on my main machine.
Not only can I do double the games in the same timespan, sometimes it is even 3, or 4, or 5 times the amount, when I can just skip things in video (like the hundredths trash fight in Trails of cold steel, or any fight in Uncharted, TKOU, etc
So you're that 'living in 2050' guy I keep hearing about...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Love the dynamic combat these guys are making. Similar but different (well, when they're not fighting mooks that die fast in Varvarion it's more similar).

But also this thing which looks more like DMC/MGR and just became available for wishlisting.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
They are skipping PS since Sony ignores them.

SC even admitted that (I think it was them) that working with Sony was not that great.

PS5 are still hard to get the PS4 is closing on its life cycle.

It has been mentioned multiple times but the Sony overall situation in Japan is not that great.

By the way crazy crazy scenario. What if somehow Valve was able to ramp up production of Steam Deck a lot and it ended up becoming popular in Japan. Now what if somehow it magically was able to sell 1 million units in Japan alone from 2022-2023. If that was to somehow happen and Valve just had 1 million units allocated for Japan and was somehow able to sell them all, that would mean that within 1 year they were able to sell 1 million Steam Decks in Japan all while Sony was only able to SHIP (obviously sold) 2 millions PS5 units to Japan in a span of 2 years!!!!!!!!!

That would be insane, and of course that would mean that they sold more than the Xbox.

Now if this crazy weird scenario was to happen that should show you how bad it's for Sony right now in Japan. Also Steam market share seems to be half of PS5 market share in Japan right now. (2 million PS5 units in Japan vs 1 million or so Steam Users in Japan)

And yes, I genuinely believe that it will be possible for the Steam Deck lifetime sale to surpass Xbox Series lifetime sales in Japan.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I just played some Overwatch 2 and i am flabbergasted.

It's still literally just Overwatch 1 with very few changes and a vastly worse monetization system.

How did Blizzard manage to fuck up everything about Overwatch, a game that was one of the biggest, most hyped games in existence when it first launched

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

It's still literally just Overwatch 1 with very few changes and a vastly worse monetization system.

How did Blizzard manage to fuck up everything about Overwatch, a game that was one of the biggest, most hyped games in existence when it first launched
I thought Fall guys was even more hyped.

• Eyes

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
They are skipping PS since Sony ignores them.

SC even admitted that (I think it was them) that working with Sony was not that great.

PS5 are still hard to get the PS4 is closing on its life cycle.

It has been mentioned multiple times but the Sony overall situation in Japan is not that great.

By the way crazy crazy scenario. What if somehow Valve was able to ramp up production of Steam Deck a lot and it ended up becoming popular in Japan. Now what if somehow it magically was able to sell 1 million units in Japan alone from 2022-2023. If that was to somehow happen and Valve just had 1 million units allocated for Japan and was somehow able to sell them all, that would mean that within 1 year they were able to sell 1 million Steam Decks in Japan all while Sony was only able to SHIP (obviously sold) 2 millions PS5 units to Japan in a span of 2 years!!!!!!!!!

That would be insane, and of course that would mean that they sold more than the Xbox.

Now if this crazy weird scenario was to happen that should show you how bad it's for Sony right now in Japan. Also Steam market share seems to be half of PS5 market share in Japan right now. (2 million PS5 units in Japan vs 1 million or so Steam Users in Japan)

And yes, I genuinely believe that it will be possible for the Steam Deck lifetime sale to surpass Xbox Series lifetime sales in Japan.
Totally.
That said, I have to say I'm a little graphic-whore and this is why at least we need Steam version for third party titles.
Recently I bought Girls und panzer for PS4 and Switch, game budget we are talking about.
Screenshots taken by me on PS5 and Switch
Switch version, although it enjoys just as fun as PS version, looks quite bad and this happens with many games (and even gamplay is a little more rough. It's pretty sad Switch version ends being the only version for this kind of games.
I'm worry for this situation (AA are usually the games I enjoy the most). I know many japanese developers got angry with Sony when they changed publishing policies -not only in adult content terms - when Sony moved to US and made japanese developers to send review content in english and not in japanese how they used to. Kenichiro Takaki left Marvelous for Sony changing policies. Not to mention what Sony did with Japan Studio relegating it to just Team Asobi.
I hope Steam Deck succeed and all this kind of games ends releasing on Steam ^^.
I said it before but I'm amazed how nearly all japanese big streamers just show how they play on PC, Switch or even Gatcha mobile games, but there's nearly no one who play on PS console (Ps5 is nearly non-existent in Streaming shows). I think this is a big mistake on Sony's marketing. Some streamers I follow:

But well as you said Sony doesn't give a damn.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

yeah, its really a glorified update.

and, on top of that, the changes they did make didnt improve the game anyway. i would say some heroes feel worse now, and i dont like 5v5.

i would say "i dont know why they didnt just keep overwatch 1 around" but its obvious, "2" needs to be the only option, otherwise it'd probably be dead in the water after a short while.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
OW2 is like going from Win 10 to 11, it could have been a patch (ideally just the good stuff/do away with the bad stuff). There's zero reason to be a separate install etc., at least, especially if unlike Windows you're not even giving people the option to keep the old version around fully functional for a while longer.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

OW2’s PVE is the prime focus of the game. Both times they showed the game at Blizzcon the PVE was where 90% of the focus was on because at that point they hadnt done much work on the PVP side. They only pivoted to focus the PVP last year.

Guess they had to pander to other GaaS games because every single big gaas game has the same structure. Pivoting means they got to put something out and bring in some revenue so Activision would get off their backs. But the pve releasing as a seasonal structure instead of one big drop suuuucks.

OW2 is mostly a step in the right direction anyway. I play OW almost daily and the amount of crowd control, barriers and stunlocks in that game were so annoying I dont miss them. I do really miss 6v6 though.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I like the "on going" joke about to love-ru and the lewd stuff about it.

As an example in the manga Bakuman (by the creators of Death Note) the mention how to love ru was never high in the Jump voting polls because what kid is going to vote for it and then give the form to their parents to mail it in.

• Toucan
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
OW2’s PVE is the prime focus of the game. Both times they showed the game at Blizzcon the PVE was where 90% of the focus was on because at that point they hadnt done much work on the PVP side. They only pivoted to focus the PVP last year.

Guess they had to pander to other GaaS games because every single big gaas game has the same structure. Pivoting means they got to put something out and bring in some revenue so Activision would get off their backs. But the pve releasing as a seasonal structure instead of one big drop suuuucks.

OW2 is mostly a step in the right direction anyway. I play OW almost daily and the amount of crowd control, barriers and stunlocks in that game were so annoying I dont miss them. I do really miss 6v6 though.
You say that, but Genshin Impact is probably bigger than Overwatch and it's all PvE, (almost) zero traditional "endgame", zero competitive gameplay.
Imo they've proven this business model can work. But I'm also pretty sure it's much harder to maintain than your "regular" competitive/co-op GaaS, since you need a constant stream of new stuff at a very high pace.

But I getcha, are there even any big western GaaS games that aren't either competitive or co-op focused?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I was walking around Akihabara today. There was this group of tourist following a tour guide. Four white ladies, young and old, and this one old white guy. He looked around, confusions in his eyes, and stared at young girls in maid outfit on the street like seeing aliens.

Hey man, if you happens to be on MC... WELCOME TO AKIBA! Oh, and cafes here are rival gangs and maids are fucking killers, LITERALLY!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I was walking around Akihabara today. There was this group of tourist following a tour guide. Four white ladies, young and old, and this one old white guy. He looked around, confusions in his eyes, and stared at young girls in maid outfit on the street like seeing aliens.

Hey man, if you happens to be on MC... WELCOME TO AKIBA! Oh, and cafes here are rival gangs and maids are fucking killers, LITERALLY!
No new Gundam episode today ? Whatttt ?

PS. Okay, I will try Akiba Maid War, I'm nothing if not open.

I should play Mothman. The writing in the demo didn't leave a very good impression, but eh.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Of course there's gundam. Just watched it. :blobevening:
Oh, ok. Daily reminder that Crunchyroll website is shit.

To be fair it was apparently updated 8 minutes ago, so I may be a bit impatient. But they have a fucking release calendar and it wasn't on it.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
As an example in the manga Bakuman (by the creators of Death Note) the mention how to love ru was never high in the Jump voting polls because what kid is going to vote for it and then give the form to their parents to mail it in.
Funniest thing I've read all day

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021

I don't mind the changes done to OW, but the monetization is shit. I would prefer to purchase the game for ~$40 and be able to unlock skins through gameplay. In OW2 Battlepass is a joke. Since I won't buy BP and any skins with real money, my characters will now look the same forever. I also can't forget how generous Blizzard is for giving me 60 credits every week for completing challenges so I can buy one legendary skin in 8 months. BP is such a downgrade compared to what we had previously.

• Sad

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Im in a massive LOTR mood, why haven't there been any halfway decent games in decades? Why are none of them on Steam?
Even the Battlefield clone conquest was somewhat decent multiplayer fun.

I loved those two games. I played a lot on my PS2 with the hype of the films. I would like to have them on Steam. EA really did gread job with them. My two favorite TLOTR games, would have been awesome another one with same style about the fellowship of the ring movie.
WB Middle Earth games are quite good too, are still considered canon on TLOTR universe.

PS: funny thing is I'm surprised one meta member did a post like yours because I've been searching (and downloaded) for those games just few days ago, no joke. XDXDXDXD. <3

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.