Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way I know what I'm over reacting and maybe I will even got blocked on some stuff, but I do feel like people that say the Steam Deck Yuzu thing was on purpose don't really "follow" Valve.

You had Valve make a mistake (since people didn't even notice the Yuzu thing until the following day, that should tell you everything that you need to know, it's funny because the Emudeck thing is still in the video from my understanding but people still won't notice that because it has the Steam Deck logo as it's icon.

There are a number of things that I like but it's sort of a shame when you get a false narrative over a mistake that some one made. And Valve being Valve instead of reaching out to people about how it was a mistake they just update the video and deleted the post and moved on. Otherwise you would now that people would still be saying stuff like "see, told you so, they haven't removed the video, therefore they must be trying to one up Nintendo"

On a semi more serious note, what negative stuff could Nintendo have done to Valve? I'm not talking about taking them to court over a video but I'm talking about what business relations with them would have been hurt?

The only really big thing that Valve has done recently with Nintendo was Portal but that's really not as huge as people seem to be making it out to be.

Business wise I think that Monster Hunter Rise having cross play and cross save would have had a much higher impact on Nintendo bottom line compared to what ever Yuzu would do.

Dang it gaming on Linux, the Steam Deck is both what made them more relavent and also made them just like everyone else.

That is my rant for the day.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Im in a massive LOTR mood, why haven't there been any halfway decent games in decades? Why are none of them on Steam?
Even the Battlefield clone conquest was somewhat decent multiplayer fun.
Notice the publisher? Yeah, that and the Tolkien Estate are probably why we no longer have access to them

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Not included in those LOTR game photos is that failed LOTR Moba on PC or the LOTR Card Game on PC.

No one played either, and I think you can't play them anymore anyhow.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Do you think they will also consider releasing those on Steam? Would you ask for those too? I sure dropped my question and hopefully they will answer, let's see if you ask too and get ans answer :(

I would love them to get Croc 1 & 2

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
btw, The Third Age had an aamzing secondary game mode where you could replay most encounters as the enemy of the party.
To this very day one of my favorite gamemodes and im sad no other game does this.

PS: funny thing is I'm surprised one meta member did a post like yours because I've been searching (and downloaded) for those games just few days ago, no joke. XDXDXDXD. <3
Im watching the amazong TV show atm (And sim Galadriel heart, my love), really puts me into the mood to replay some games due to the massive lack of new ones.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Played some more Lost Judgment, really fun game despite the dark setting, it really feels like some sort of high school undercover detective, fighting crooks and helping students out, I sure hope nothing bad hap--

something happened in the game, and there's two things that can sum it up:

i'm very sad now

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Second part of my "rant"

Also I have a problem like many others, maybe some one here will be kind enough to point out the issue with my thinking

Mistakes were made, and well the inevitable happened. That one video was make private and something else was uploaded in its place.

Now the main highlight of rant 2 is that the video seems to somehow suggest that Valve supports emulation. If anything what really must have happened is that the person who's Steam Deck they used forgot that they were using Yuzu and well you can't just get rid of recent played stuff (if there was a way to hide stuff and thing like that it would be great and this is an issue that I myself have come across. Same with games on your Steam profile and it shows your 3 most recent games....... To other people that decided to check out your Steam profile. So you have a person that either forgot they were using Yuzu/didn't realize that it would show up in the video. On top of that the person that edited the video likely had no idea what Yuzu even it and given peoples very very late reaction (I'm guessing it was 10+ hours before you really started to see people mention Yuzu in the video)

So Valve wouldn't on purpose try to show that off, after all they wouldn't be making any money, same like how they don't show off stuff from EGS or Uplay working on there. I'm guessing that they likely didn't know about the Yuzu image since it's very easy to miss and on top of that when you add a non Steam game you don't even get cover art so you would need to have a custom art for Yuzu (which explains why it looks so "low grade"). I mean they could have if they really wanted to instead have shown off Xbox Cloud gaming (which MS officially supports) on top of that there is also PS remote play via Chiaki. The thing about Chiaki is that SIE devs basically endorse it as a way for them to remote play from their PS5 to their Steam Deck (even YosP likes it from what I remember)

Now here is where the real KICK comes in, you have people that say Emulation on Steam Deck is bad and is really only good for a few titles, you also have this idea that people that emulate pirate games right? Now here is where things really take a turn, people claim that Steam Deck users that emulate on their Steam y will only play for like 5 minutes and then never touch the emulator again (people only claim to be running an emulator but don't really play the game type of stuff. In a way this is actually what I use to do myself, play "stuff" but never finish it and just download it for no really reason other than just to test if it would run on my computer or to test it out on my PSP. So does it really matter seeing how the experience is not going to be optimal?

I'm guessing that the Steam Deck is getting the real "heat of it" because of how big it's become. So they showed a clip of something for 1 second and get poop for it. Meanwhile one of the Steam Deck actual competition, the GDP Win has thrown poop at Valve multiple times. Some of it even started way back when the Steam Deck was first officially announced and how they hated it since that would have a major backing compared to the GPD Win and they would loose sales because of it. During those first initial days when slamming Valve, GPD Win was saying how emulation and pirating is the main reason to get a GPD Win. Fast forward to the last few months, our boy "The Flash" (I'm not mentioning his name because of how other are lurking on this site. But he is the UMPC expert. ) Got a review unit from them and one of the thing that he will do is try out emulators. He used Yuzu on the new GPD Win (this is a common thing for him) how ever what really sticks out here is that GPD Win just flat out used that as one of the reasons to buy their device. If you go their in Indiegogo where they are selling the device you will see that they are flat out supporting switch emulation. It's one thing to show a Yuzu cover art (image) it's an entirely different thing ACTUALLY SHOWING OFF GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!! Which is GDP Win is doing. But you know people won't be paying much attention to that.

Also this seems to have left a sour taste in Japan already and basically make Valve look like a rotten company for promoting "piracy" of the Switch.

Not a lot about Valve in known in Japan, so over 90% of the time people will just take Nintendos side. (I call this milk, since there was a thing years back about a kid and his 3DS. The point being that you can't really compete against Nintendo in Japan and how doing anything remotely "bad/negative" twords them will just make you look bad (the Nintendo CULT is huge in Japan, the same way that you have the Apple CULT world wide)

This whole thing will just be forgotten in a few days but I'm guessing that going forward that before they do any more Steam Deck stuff that the staff will have to run it through multiple people before uploading any other videos, seeing how other have dug out a Mountain out of an ant hill.

I will admit that the last part of that was me over reacting. Especially that last sentence.

I like my Steam Deck and plan on using it in the future but it also doe suck how you get a lot of press and stuff jumping in on it and vast majority of the time all the articles are just copy and paste and on top of that they don't give all the information, initially wasn't the discovery made on Reddit?

I think that's about it. I may add something else later.

Well I guess at least they didn't end up showing off some H game or something other wise you have been hearing some other stuff.
eBay bidder for my PS5 wins auction then cancels 10 minutes later.

That site is full of scammers and timewasters.
How much was the auction for?

I have sold a few thing in the past and depending on the item it's not too bad.

The main bad experience that I had was was trying to sell some studio grade Sony headphones and getting payment and then checking on PayPal and seeing that I didn't get the money. Luckily I didn't ship it right away and instead talked to both PayPal and eBay bout the issue and they cancelled the other since it was obvious fraud what the dude was doing and that there were no issue on my end. I can't remember If the seller messaged me to find out when I would be shipped out the item, but I do think I messaged them to let them know there was an issue with payment and that I was contacting PayPal to get the issue sorted out.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
How much was the auction for?

I have sold a few thing in the past and depending on the item it's not too bad.

The main bad experience that I had was was trying to sell some studio grade Sony headphones and getting payment and then checking on PayPal and seeing that I didn't get the money. Luckily I didn't ship it right away and instead talked to both PayPal and eBay bout the issue and they cancelled the other since it was obvious fraud what the dude was doing and that there were no issue on my end. I can't remember If the seller messaged me to find out when I would be shipped out the item, but I do think I messaged them to let them know there was an issue with payment and that I was contacting PayPal to get the issue sorted out.
It was for £550, which leads me to believe he probably bid on 5 or 6 items and then picked the cheapest. By not punishing the behaviour, eBay tacitly endorses it.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I finished Entropy: Zero 2 and omg guys, it really plays and feels like an official half-life spin off. Great map design, extensive use of physics (Source engine is still amazing), the pacing is perfect and it even has a good (I mean really good) voice acting and writing
Dont sleep on it, absolutely dont.

Ah yes, its totally free
It took me 10 hour to finish on the first run, even tho im usually on the slow side spectrum when it comes to playing a videogame
Works also on Deck without any trouble, thats where i played

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Do you think they will also consider releasing those on Steam? Would you ask for those too? I sure dropped my question and hopefully they will answer, let's see if you ask too and get ans answer :(

I would love them to get Croc 1 & 2
I wonder how the PC versions of the Croc games play now.

I think Disney might own the IP due to the purchase of 20th Century Fox and it seems like they are more than happy to let devs access at least some of the full Disney IP portfolio considering new Monkey Island just came out.
Maybe there's hope for Croc.

Now that I think about it, I never played those.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I wonder how the PC versions of the Croc games play now.

I think Disney might own the IP due to the purchase of 20th Century Fox and it seems like they are more than happy to let devs access at least some of the full Disney IP portfolio considering new Monkey Island just came out.
Maybe there's hope for Croc.

Now that I think about it, I never played those.
Croc reboot with giant Croc form to get revenge on humanity when?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I chose the Dengeki footage to start with as they probably know their stuff and yep, it looks like an alternate universe Monster Hunter. What I said previously rings even more true now that I've seen more of the monster patterns and behaviours and how they may also try to escape or have attacks like spewing tree sap around the area and what not. Also details like monster screams affecting you, sliding down slopes, gathering items, it's all just like Monster Hunter with different moves and new monster designs (that behave similarly as Capcom has pretty much done everything, it's hard to do something 100% new, lol, they slam, roll, swipe, charge, etc.). The map looks quite nice too but we'll see about that. Anyway, it looks like it could become the best clone yet!

Last edited:

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Finished Citizen Sleeper last night. Story is a great mix between late stage capitalism critique and trans humanism, hidden in a Sci Fi Visual Novel with small RPG parts. Setting is a space station abandoned by its MegaCorp and held alive by the left behind population. Austin Walker' (of Waypoint.Vice and Giantbomb fame) talking about this game made me aware of it. I did not see it mentioned here before, but there is a small thread on Era.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Finished Citizen Sleeper last night. Story is a great mix between late stage capitalism critique and trans humanism, hidden in a Sci Fi Visual Novel with small RPG parts. Setting is a space station abandoned by its MegaCorp and held alive by the left behind population. Austin Walker' (of Waypoint.Vice and Giantbomb fame) talking about this game made me aware of it. I did not see it mentioned here before, but there is a small thread on Era.

I finished this game yesterday and it’s one of my GOTY 2022 candidates. An absolute gem.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
it's curious how that Nightmare (+18) game will be released this october 13th ( o_O ) on Steam and some other games get banned or to get green light seems an odyssey. Always amazes me Valve's criteria, it's beyond grotesque. lol.
appid - 2165210

• Eyes

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Seriously Nvidia? You would think for the price they are already charging, they could easily eat the cost.
Given the stories flying around about the 4000 series production and cost of fabrication incurred, the margins may not be as high as part cards, thus the ridiculous cost

LOL. That price.
Definite 'wait for sale; price for sure

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and sk2k

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
they implemented a battle pass that locks cosmetics behind a paywall, you used to be able to get all that through gameplay
If im not mistaken, didn't they also lock a hero in that battlepass?
But that's standard for every F2P game.

And yes, Kiriko is unlocked at level 55 on the free track of the BP, or immediately by purchasing it.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Well they could not have shutdown the original game and let those who want to continue playing that do that.
Or they could just download the new version, if it's 'practically the same'. They even offered the option of transfer all their stuff.

Like, if the creator of that thread finds the game boring, that's fine. But I'm pretty sure Blizzard always maintained that the multiplayer portion would be relatively unchanged and the new stuff would be the co op and the single player which is coming in the future.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Or they could just download the new version, if it's 'practically the same'. They even offered the option of transfer all their stuff.

Like, if the creator of that thread finds the game boring, that's fine. But I'm pretty sure Blizzard always maintained that the multiplayer portion would be relatively unchanged and the new stuff would be the co op and the single player which is coming in the future.
the thing is, the original game did cost money and they removed access to it.

along with 6v6, the hero tuning we were all used to....

and the ability to unlock cosmetics by just playing normally. sure, you can still do that but...

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
That's fair enough.

along with 6v6, the hero tuning we were all used to....

and the ability to unlock cosmetics by just playing normally. sure, you can still do that but...

I'm of the opinion that it's a bit ridiculous to expect to unlock every single thing that comes in a F2P game. Like, I'm sure it costs a mortgage to have all of League of Legends' skins for each of the +100 characters, doesn't mean you need to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.