Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
The characters being locked behind the battle pass is the single most stupid decision in this game. The characters are the core of the game, every character is pretty unique and irreplaceable. You need all characters for different team variations, but in this fucking game if you decide to not play it for a couple of months or if you don't reach level 55 in BP, then the only way to unlock a new character is with your wallet. Everything regarding the monetization in this game stinks. It takes the joy of the game because the core gameplay is pretty fun, but right now it's overall not as fun as the "prequel" was.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Fall Guys went through the same thing several months ago where it became F2P and turned into a monetization hellscape. I know some of the skins you could previously buy with crowns now cost nearly as much as originally buying the game.

I chose the Dengeki footage to start with as they probably know their stuff and yep, it looks like an alternate universe Monster Hunter. What I said previously rings even more true now that I've seen more of the monster patterns and behaviours and how they may also try to escape or have attacks like spewing tree sap around the area and what not. Also details like monster screams affecting you, sliding down slopes, gathering items, it's all just like Monster Hunter with different moves and new monster designs (that behave similarly as Capcom has pretty much done everything, it's hard to do something 100% new, lol, they slam, roll, swipe, charge, etc.). The map looks quite nice too but we'll see about that. Anyway, it looks like it could become the best clone yet!
Oh that's just Monster Hunter. I'm interested in the bow though since I rarely do ranged weapons in MH. Reading through some previews, there are only eight weapons though so there won't be as much variety as MH.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I wonder how the PC versions of the Croc games play now.

I think Disney might own the IP due to the purchase of 20th Century Fox and it seems like they are more than happy to let devs access at least some of the full Disney IP portfolio considering new Monkey Island just came out.
Maybe there's hope for Croc.

Now that I think about it, I never played those.
Not too bad actually, with some fan patches. Widescreen and high resolutions are supported. Some cool stuff with croc 1 where you can choose pc/ps music. Major downside for both games is the 30 fps cap.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
That's fair enough.

I'm of the opinion that it's a bit ridiculous to expect to unlock every single thing that comes in a F2P game. Like, I'm sure it costs a mortgage to have all of League of Legends' skins for each of the +100 characters, doesn't mean you need to have them.
But for a lot of people, it's not a freetoplay game? Millions bought the game for full price when it first launched, and the new progression system is objectively a huge step back from that

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: undu and Tomasety

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
But for a lot of people, it's not a freetoplay game? Millions bought the game for full price when it first launched, and the new progression system is objectively a huge step back from that
Well, I guess that's one of the 'to each their own' games. I bought it 3 times! and I'm honestly not fazed.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Well, I guess that's one of the 'to each their own' games. I bought it 3 times! and I'm honestly not fazed.
I bought it twice (Battle.net, Xbox)! But yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Overwatch 1 is a multiplayer game, I bought it at PC launch with zero expectation that I could play it forever. Played OW1 again on Xbox a couple months before OW2 and the game was dead, barely anybody playing. The new system has monetization warts for sure, i could do with some faster progression, but there's a whole lotta people playing now! So my all but dead OW1 game became a very much alive OW2 game.

I also enjoy the forced changes they made to comp - limiting the tank slot to a single one in role queue makes the game so much more fast paced, and prone to back and forth runs.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I chose the Dengeki footage to start with as they probably know their stuff and yep, it looks like an alternate universe Monster Hunter. What I said previously rings even more true now that I've seen more of the monster patterns and behaviours and how they may also try to escape or have attacks like spewing tree sap around the area and what not. Also details like monster screams affecting you, sliding down slopes, gathering items, it's all just like Monster Hunter with different moves and new monster designs (that behave similarly as Capcom has pretty much done everything, it's hard to do something 100% new, lol, they slam, roll, swipe, charge, etc.). The map looks quite nice too but we'll see about that. Anyway, it looks like it could become the best clone yet!
Why didn't they just have like the characters be able to super jump or whatever, the building thing is going to be dumb as shit with 4 people Lol (If it has people 4 co op)

The weightyness of attacking looks bad to me for some reason, but other than that it looks alright. Most other MH clones are complete shit

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Why didn't they just have like the characters be able to super jump or whatever, the building thing is going to be dumb as shit with 4 people Lol (If it has people 4 co op)

The weightyness of attacking looks bad to me for some reason, but other than that it looks alright. Most other MH clones are complete shit
Seems like it's going to be 3 players max for balancing reasons?

• Eyes

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Citizen Sleeper last night. Story is a great mix between late stage capitalism critique and trans humanism, hidden in a Sci Fi Visual Novel with small RPG parts. Setting is a space station abandoned by its MegaCorp and held alive by the left behind population. Austin Walker' (of Waypoint.Vice and Giantbomb fame) talking about this game made me aware of it. I did not see it mentioned here before, but there is a small thread on Era.

I played right after the release. It's quite good and most likely will appear in my top 10 games even though this year has been packed with good games so far.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

On sale now. When it was released, it was praised a lot. But in April something happened. Looks like the devs completely ignores user's feedback about broken game and the need to install a third-party program to install mods. It also looks like that you cannot start the game and the devs have ignored this problem for several months...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
That is ugly as sin. The Monster Hunter Sonic content was much better. Well, part of it, the felyne suit, the palamute costume was pretty dumb but still better.

They could have probably made that costume proper and much nicer, palamutes have some pretty sweet looking skins like Amaterasu and Rush.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Not too bad actually, with some fan patches. Widescreen and high resolutions are supported. Some cool stuff with croc 1 where you can choose pc/ps music. Major downside for both games is the 30 fps cap.
That's neat. Someone like Nightdive should work on making those available again for sure.

Just as long as we are all agreed that we'll keep Piko Interactive away from them.

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
got CH;N, also getting ready for that Persona 5 bingeplay in December

Oooh this made me look to see is there was a deal on P5S and it's the star deal on Fanatical right now. Got the Digital Deluxe Edition for ~28 bucks. Now just gotta wait 10 more days until I can finally play P5...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Overall, as someone who enjoyed Overwatch, but don't really care much for the game (if that makes sense), Overwatch 2 looks the same as the first game, but "worse".

• Sad

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Finished Like a Dragon today, and I think it might be my favorite! Funny considering I gave up on halfway through! But then continued a year later.
Yakuza games are weird like that sometimes. Also, since some of them are so long, I can wear on you when you play a bunch of them.

Like a Dragon was great fun, glad you enjoyed it. Now we wait for Ishin and the new ones.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
finished lost judgment a few days ago

god this song is great, absolute peak, and it fits the story perfectly

the story manages to take the simple concept of "bullying", and deepen it so much that it feels as dark as the previous Judgement game (SPOILER START: SUMMARY OF JUDGMENT, DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO, IDK) where a doctor kidnaps people to test his dementia medicine with the help of several figures in high places, hiding the deaths of his victims from the medication not working by gouging their eyes out and making it seem like a yakuza turf war (SPOILER END)

fighting in the game is very in depth, you start off with the different styles for different situations, but as you get through the game, you discover that upgrades want you to change between these styles mid-fights instead of cligning to just one; some upgrades reward you with buffs if you do an action available in one style, with the buff remaining if you change styles (such as dodging with crane style would give you a speed buff, which is amazing if you change styles to a heavy hitting style like tiger), while others have specific moves that pander to specific situations (such as snake style being great for disarming armed enemies, and crane style being great for dodging heavy attacks)

very good game

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Gonna have to go offsite shopping for P5R and Crash4. Would be nice to get them both for like 70-80$ but I have a feeling its a pipe dream.

P5R is most likely full price and Crash maybe 40$ at least :negative-blob:
I don't understand how P5R is going to supposedly be $60 at launch.

P4G shadow dropped on Steam at $20. Within hours of flipping the switch, literal dozens of peeps on my Friend's List nabbed the game. At $20, I didn't even think for a moment, I just smashed the Add to Cart button.

But P5R at $60? Yeah, not for me.

I might have even entertained the idea at $30. But $60 is simply a non-starter in my books.

All good. That's what the Wishlist "set it and forget it" feature is for.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Facebook Connect main keynote is live. Only in Horizon Worlds or the Reality Labs Facebook page (officially). I hope the game videos make up for the rest of it.
So far so good I guess, good to see most of it is already confirmed to not be just Quest only - and if a Rift S version is available then it's probably going to be on all the usual PC stores eventually as pretty much nobody uses that any more (I'll be editing this when individual clips are uploaded, Quest Pro looks good 🔥 ):

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Guys, Chainsaw Man Ep. 1 has launched, videogames are officially over.
(until we get a chainsaw man game)

I don't understand how P5R is going to supposedly be $60 at launch.

P4G shadow dropped on Steam at $20. Within hours of flipping the switch, literal dozens of peeps on my Friend's List nabbed the game. At $20, I didn't even think for a moment, I just smashed the Add to Cart button.

But P5R at $60? Yeah, not for me.

I might have even entertained the idea at $30. But $60 is simply a non-starter in my books.

All good. That's what the Wishlist "set it and forget it" feature is for.
I think pricing it at 60$ given that its 2 years old is pretty greedy indeed, but in "fairness" to SEGA. It's going to sell at 60$ no worse than at 20$.

Deleted member 113

There's no early buyer bonuses for:

Right?
Sometimes, it's hard to tell (especially with NISA, who frequently likes to "hide" this info on a post on their social media channels, or some obscure page). :)

Would love to buy both, but sadly, it will have to wait for better days. :fingergunsblob:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.