Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I don't understand how P5R is going to supposedly be $60 at launch.

P4G shadow dropped on Steam at $20. Within hours of flipping the switch, literal dozens of peeps on my Friend's List nabbed the game. At $20, I didn't even think for a moment, I just smashed the Add to Cart button.

But P5R at $60? Yeah, not for me.

I might have even entertained the idea at $30. But $60 is simply a non-starter in my books.

All good. That's what the Wishlist "set it and forget it" feature is for.
Anything under 30 is instabuy for P5R for me.
As I wont be playing it right away, I can wait if it is more expensive.

Victoria 3 will be coming out shortly

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Fuck, I guess this is why they abandoned putting Where the heart Leads on PC.

Seems I have to cave in on the PS version after all.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, that looks like awful performance, aren't there going to be settings to tone down the RT instead and play it with DLSS 2 at high performance instead? Since DLSS 2 doesn't do that frame generation stuff to look so bad with fast movement. As for DLSS 3 I wonder how it actually feels to play, like, if you play Doom stuff with all the modern source ports that do frame interpolation for high fps it still doesn't feel like a true high fps experience to me, does it to others? Will this? Since they're demoing a racing game there it should be pretty clear to them if it plays like a 60+fps game or like a 30 fps game regardless of looks.

Edit: also, maybe it's the still but in the DLSS 2 part of that image you can't really see the light reflections visible in the other two, on the ground or walls, huh?

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
No More Heroes 3 needs Enable(d) Steam Input to function on my setup with my controller. It also launches Oculus software like it thinks it's a VR game. It has few graphical options in a separate configuration app (not sure if it can all also be changed in-game though, it's listed there as well with more stuff). Slight issues like aliasing and some texture streaming visible here and there. Also some videos aren't in-engine despite seeming so. Other than that it feels pretty damn COOL and takes me back to first playing the original game in the best way possible (and not with the barebones recent PC releases, yuck).

Edit: I was going to add screenshots but, at least with my settings in regards to resolution, mode and whatever else, Afterburner just got blank black screens 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Everyone join me and Bleach and together we can defeat Hektor and the threat that is Chainsaw man.
It was supposed to be available internationally on Disney+. But nope... I have no idea how to watch it legally. Gonna get it from somewhere else. But I haven't downloaded anime for so long time that I don't know where to look for :(

• Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It was supposed to be available internationally on Disney+. But nope... I have no idea how to watch it legally. Gonna get it from somewhere else. But I haven't downloaded anime for so long time that I don't know where to look for :(
It should hopefully be on there soon, but yeah I did hear that Disney has not mentioned anything about international stuff. Just that in the US that it would be on Hulu.

• Sad

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
But can it run Crysis Portal with RTX?

Is this using path tracing, similar to Quake II RTX? If so, then this is a very, very different beast to the usual "ray tracing" claims you have in most modern games, which really just use hybrid models that are mostly rasterised, with some ray tracing info scattered on top. Full on path tracing, on the other hand, has essentially no rasterised elements, and needs to shoot rays into the scene for everything.
17 FPS on 4K isn't surprising here, even on a card like the 4090. Modern cards aren't ready yet to do complete GI in real time at 4K.

I hope uh.. no one was excited for that game for it being anything "amazing" on PC
Maybe this is the flip side to the Steam Deck being a big hit in Japan. They think PCs are just handheld machines and thus they only need to port the Switch version.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah I think Portal 2 RTX is path traced. It's really exciting that we are now at a point where that can be played at 4k/90 FPS. Sure, it's on silly expensive hardware and with multiple levels of DLSS "trickery" -- but all realtime graphics are trickery, and it's awesome that this is happening at all.

Maybe this is the flip side to the Steam Deck being a big hit in Japan. They think PCs are just handheld machines and thus they only need to port the Switch version.
Sadly, that (PC ports based on Switch versions) is far from a new thing. It doesn't happen all that often, but even once is too much.

Deleted member 113

It's times like these I feel like an old fart.
I saw the above posts about Relayed Advanced, and searched for more info on it.

And I came across the following news post at Gematsu:

In it, there's the following list of prices for the game and DLCs:

■ Product Information
Relayer Advanced

• Price: USD $49.99 (6,600 yen)
  • Release: October 27, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. JST
Relayer Advanced – STELLA GEAR NEXT PACK
  • Price: USD $14.99 ( 2,000 yen)
  • Contents:
    • Relayer Advanced – Astoria NEXT (Modified unit for Terra)
    • Relayer Advanced – Amaterasu NEXT (Modified unit for Sun)
    • Relayer Advanced – Herschel NEXT (Modified unit for Uranus)
    • Relayer Advanced – Petasos NEXT (Modified unit for Mercury)
    • Relayer Advanced – Galaxy Star NEXT (Modified unit for Milky Way)
    • Relayer Advanced – Comet NEXT (Modified unit for Halley)
    • Relayer Advanced – Al-Jauza NEXT (Modified unit for Mintaka)
    • Relayer Advanced – Epsilon NEXT (Modified unit for Alnilam)
    • Relayer Advanced – Zeta NEXT (Modified unit for Alnitak)
Relayer Advanced EXTRA PACK
  • Price: USD $59.99 (7,700 yen)
  • Contents:
    • Relayer Advanced
    • Relayer Advanced – STELLA GEAR NEXT PACK
Relayer Advanced SEASON PASS
  • Price: USD $14.99 (2,000 yen)
  • Contents:
    • 01. Relayer Advanced – Neo Mars NEXT (Modified unit for Mars)
    • 02. Relayer Advanced – Amatsu-Mikaboshi NEXT (Modified unit for Venus)
    • 03. Relayer Advanced – Selene NEXT (Modified unit for Luna)
    • 04. Relayer Advanced – Feretrius NEXT (Modified unit for Jupiter)
    • 05. Relayer Advanced – Quadriga NEXT (Modified unit for Saturn)
    • 06. Relayer Advanced – Tenmu Asuka NEXT (Modified unit for Pluto)
    • 07. Relayer Advanced – Dog Star NEXT (Modified unit for Nile)
    • 08. Relayer Advanced – Trident NEXT (Modified unit for Eight)
    • 03 to 08 are due to be released on November 24, 2022.
Relayer Advanced Spin-Off Stories
  • Price: USD $3.99 (550 yen)
Relayer Advanced Original Soundtrack -Into the Lost Code-
  • Price: USD $3.99 (500 yen)
Individual Downloadable Content Units
  • Price: USD $2.99 each (385 yen)
  • Release (01 to 11): October 27, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. JST
  • Release (12 to 17): November 24 2022 at 12:00 a.m. JST
  • Contents:
    • Relayer Advanced EXTRA PACK / Relayer Advanced – STELLA GEAR NEXT PACK
      • 01. Relayer Advanced – Astoria NEXT (Modified unit for Terra)
      • 02. Relayer Advanced – Amaterasu NEXT (Modified unit for Sun)
      • 03. Relayer Advanced – Herschel NEXT (Modified unit for Uranus)
      • 04. Relayer Advanced – Petasos NEXT (Modified unit for Mercury)
      • 05. Relayer Advanced – Galaxy Star NEXT (Modified unit for Milky Way)
      • 06. Relayer Advanced – Comet NEXT (Modified unit for Halley)
      • 07. Relayer Advanced – Al-Jauza NEXT (Modified unit for Mintaka)
      • 08. Relayer Advanced – Epsilon NEXT (Modified unit for Alnilam)
      • 09. Relayer Advanced – Zeta NEXT (Modified unit for Alnitak)
    • Relayer Advanced SEASON PASS
      • 10. Relayer Advanced – Neo Mars NEXT (Modified unit for Mars)
      • 11. Relayer Advanced – Amatsu-Mikaboshi NEXT (Modified unit for Venus)
      • 12. Relayer Advanced – Selene NEXT (Modified unit for Luna)
      • 13. Relayer Advanced – Feretrius NEXT (Modified unit for Jupiter)
      • 14. Relayer Advanced – Quadriga NEXT (Modified unit for Saturn)
      • 15. Relayer Advanced – Tenmu Asuka NEXT (Modified unit for Pluto)
      • 16. Relayer Advanced – Dog Star NEXT (Modified unit for Nile)
      • 17. Relayer Advanced – Trident NEXT (Modified unit for Eight)

Am I the only one that is finding this quite... unreasonable?
When did it became so complicated, and expensive, to buy a... single player game?

Clearly, some people live in a different reality where the inflation, the loss of purchasing power, and particularly in Europe, the increasing Euribor interest rates, doesn't affect them, but it's almost bizarre how far some companies (like Koei Tecmo) go, in order to "milk" their customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

I hope uh.. no one was excited for that game for it being anything "amazing" on PC
I mean people on Steam don't seem to mind that it is the switch version (and we all know how reasonable those forums always are/s) because it seems like the porting job to PS5 isn't great, so on paper you think the PC version is shit, but apparently you can edit the ini to get better distance, shadows and ao, but if one of the comments are to be believed then the PS5 has these issues already:

"the ps5 version has completely broken lighting in a lot of spots
the only real downgrade that you're getting is one of the first cutscenes looks like ♥♥♥♥ because it just uses a crappy cubemap on PC, but overall the PC version is a lot better because it doesn't randomly go fullbright on you

on PS5
Damon's Tower lacks shadows in cutscenes happening there
the entire Call of Battle area lacks shadows (including all fights happening there)
most cutscene interiors completely lack any shadows
ps5 uses pre-patch music for one of the bosses for some reason???????
the miike movie cutscenes have a CRT filter which has all sorts of ugly artifacts on PS5 "

There is also apparently some sounds missing on PS5.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Well MS Store has the updated versions of Nier Automata and The Evil Within PC that aren't on Steam.
(Those plus Gears of War Ultimate Edition -neither on Steam- are the only games I purchased there)

• Eyes

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
The Steam version of Nier Automata was updated on July last year to match the MS store version.
Oh great to know. I missed it then. Maybe more than a year is too long time to call for a refund, right? XDXD.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Some information from the Persona special in Famitsu (using Google Translate)

-The new versions of P5R have various small graphical adjustments.
-Sega was in charge of the ports
-Shigenori Soejima mentions Persona's themes changing according to the times
-Kazuhisa Wada wants to discuss new projects, but it will have to wait

I assume COVID did a number on Atlus' plans and they had to delay new announcements. Persona 6 is a given, but I wonder what other spinoffs they have in the works.

I believe it. I never hear of anyone using the MS store.

It's dogshit.
I bought Forza Horizon 4 off the MS Store years ago (long before it came to Steam). I use the Game Pass app simply to save a few bucks, but it is a pretty barren experience.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
MS Store is fantastic, when FH3 was getting delisted, I knew for sure that I had some wallet money (from X360 days, used some of it to buy Gears 4 like a year before with no issues) but for some mysterious reason, my wallet was empty, my purchase history was also empty and I even ended up thinking that I'm on the wrong account. Only after actually trying to go through with the purchase (took me a while to figure that out), my money and everything else came back.

...and after that I had to go to each DLC's page to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.