Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Based on the size of the platform logos, I guess you can see which platforms TinyBuild find most important, decently important and least important.

And the other site for the game don't even have EGS and GOG logos.

I liked the demo a lot, felt like Immortal Fenyx Rising. Was planning to buy it, but I was suprised with a free Steam promo key.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
You can get NMH3 ini edits here. I haven't seen comparison screens. The intro seemed the same to me but apparently they don't apply all stuff to cut scenes.
Also you can add -nohmd in the launch options to get rid of the VR stuff starting up.

Didn't know there had been a PS5 version so as a Switch port this seemed fine to me. It's also kinda the original vs something like DQXI being a later downgrade. Not that they couldn't have done a better job of course but oh well, again, the game is fun (and I also prefer NMH1 on Wii vs PS3 but that had art style changes).

Edit: I watched the intro bits on a PS5 youtube video and yeah, it looks like they made that much better, you can see the actual city and stuff where on PC it's mostly gone and there's some super low res skybox thing with I dunno, a tree and a light post, you can barely tell since it's so low resolution really, PS1-like stuff.

Also this is the first game I ever get drifting in with my DualShock4, it must have 0 deadzone (but even so I set it to 0 in RA with no issues myself so far). It's not really an issue as you need to tilt the controller just right (or wrong) and let it go super lightly for him to continue walking without you pressing it, just saying.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Why would anyone play a game on 3DS now that we have a vastly superior handheld for real gamers the ps vita
3D?
Better battery life?
Touchscreen that isn't a Geneva convention violation?
I'd 100% replay Bravely Default and Bravely Second on PC
Knowing you, you'd also 100% rapelay Bravely Default and Bravely Second on PC.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, I'd be down for a Bravely Default/Second remaster for sure. I know BD2 is a completely unrelated thing like every numbered FF but I have this weird mental block about jumping into a series when I have no choice but to skip an instalment...

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Yeah, I'd be down for a Bravely Default/Second remaster for sure. I know BD2 is a completely unrelated thing like every numbered FF but I have this weird mental block about jumping into a series when I have no choice but to skip an instalment...
... to be honest I thought that BD2 was also significantly worse than the first two. Going full 3D didn't do the franchise any favor.
But even then, the level design is 0/100, the story and pacing are just bad, and the combat is unbalanced and quickly devolve into bursting everything in one turn since the game even expects you to do so for normal encounters so I can't recommend the franchise really.

I liked Octopath Traveler more, and that was not a very good game either.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Even though I already own Metro 2033 and Last Light, it's cheaper for me to buy the whole saga bundle just for Exodus and the expansion than to buy Exodus Gold edition stand alone.

• Eyes

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
the first run played on Citra, the second run played on Steam port, so yeah played twice on PC.

• Eyes

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The new app is nice. Easier logins on steam was overdue, so it's very welcome.

I wonder what's the idea behind allowing multiple accounts saved? Obviously a lot of people have more than one, but it has never seemed like something they'd encourage to me.
I could see families having multiple accounts but not multiple smart phones.

Reactions: Tomasety and inky

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I have my wife's on mine. Before you could have two but it was only for the authenticator function.

Now she can actually browser stuff for hers, considering her region is US based as well.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't understand the update on the app. It wanted me to log in again, but it wanted me to confirm the login on the app, which of course I was trying to log into... but it seems to be working.

FunnyJay