Community MetaSteam | October 2022 - The phantom thieves & Friends will take your wallet this month, holy f***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Cultic feels good, if the level design is there it might be my second favorite nu-boomer shooter after Dusk (I'm not as big a fan of stuff like Prodeus even though I loved hot it looked before release, or stuff like Ion Fury and Amid Evil). But there are some control issues, don't enable always run or toggle crouch because then sliding and stuff won't activate (sliding will activate if you hold the button to WALK then crouch if you only toggle the former, weird). I'd also like an option for old school vertical auto aim (and maybe even locking/restricting the vertical axis mouselook) but its gunplay/combat has stuff like headshots so I guess not. Somehow despite how retro it is, things don't quite mesh together and it still has the slick modern Unity look and feel though. Still I like the sprites and pixels and everything else and it's definitely better if you keep the dithering and color grading and what not. Bloom I like having even though it's not so retro.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hmh thinking about using SAM to remove the achievements in games where I just have one. But feels like I'm cheating at life then haha. But it is bugging me a little bit that I have just one achievement in some games, games I'm never going to play.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Hmh thinking about using SAM to remove the achievements in games where I just have one. But feels like I'm cheating at life then haha. But it is bugging me a little bit that I have just one achievement in some games, games I'm never going to play.
I did do that to a few games where I have 1 or 2 achievements unlocked. Sadly, sites that track achievements seems not to remove those as well :(

• Eyes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I did do that to a few games where I have 1 or 2 achievements unlocked. Sadly, sites that track achievements seems not to remove those as well :(
Ah yeah I can see it being an issue with sites like that, I do have some sites like that but I havent visited them in years and don't really care about them anymore. For me its just Steam that matters. I do use SAM to unlock achievements on steam for games that Ive played on other platforms, kind of like just transferring them over. In a way I use steam to keep a history of what I have played and what I did. I think that's why some of those one achievement games bother me, is because I didn't really play them, just started them up to try a bit.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Not sure if this affects anyone else here but Doomworld got hacked yesterday and about 35k accounts were compromised (email addresses, IP addresses and more). Change your passwords if you need to.

Vampire Survivors soundtrack released today. The game has pretty catchy tunes but I assume many people will buy it because they feel like the developer deserves the support for how much value the game has provided...

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
This is so crazy, I couldn't not share it.

I tested it, and it works.
This is supported by a number of services. Protonmail does this too, and I use it extensively. Not receiving any spam so far, but another nice thing about this technique is that once you do get spam, you can just block to receive any mails with the "+word" string in the recipient address, change your official one on whatever site you use and you're good to go.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
f**king typical
I know. They admit there is a problem with their system. They are fixing said problem. But they won’t let companies who may have fallen foul of this problem go through the review system again.

the funny thing is, if you go through the BBFC, PEGI, MPAA or whatever other ratings board you can keep going until they are happy and they will tell you what needs changing to get through those particular boards or meet certain ratings. Admittedly they also make money from the ratings system anyway so there is an incentive their.

this seems to indicate that their entire review process could do with a complete overhaul and maybe some better guidelines/training for the staff responsible.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Let's be real here. Valve only allowed Chaos:Head because it came from a well known developer, who likely had some clout with Valve and large news sites were reporting on this case.
Volvo isn't doing shit for smaller titles and I doubt they will change their review process going forward, except perhaps to give Spike Chunsoft themselves a green light for any future VNs.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Couldn't Valve just send email to the devs who's games were banned by the problematic employee and check if they want to resubmit? That way they don't have to go through ALL banned games.
That could work but that's assuming the problematic employee is the problem. Personally I do think it is but we don't know the exact situation.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Also, if you use dots (.) in your Gmail address, you should know that you can omit them as well, and still reach your Gmail.

firstname.lastname@gmail.com
is the same as
firstnamelastname@gmail.com
the funny thing is, if you go through the BBFC, PEGI, MPAA or whatever other ratings board you can keep going until they are happy and they will tell you what needs changing to get through those particular boards or meet certain ratings. Admittedly they also make money from the ratings system anyway so there is an incentive their.
Is that really the same situation though? From what I've gathered, it seems more like they want to be approved WITHOUT making any changes, since there was a highly publicized game that was re-approved without making any changes.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Deku

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Looks like I will be skipping Scorn until deep sale. Wished it was good as I would love a great game about you exploring an uncharted alien environment.

And no, I can't use game pass as my sub lapsed a week ago. Might go captain Sparrow in it to check it out a bit though.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jesus the last mission of Hitman 1 - Patient Zero.
I assassinated an hospital.

I'm underwhelmed to see you can play it clean. I found the need to be gun happy a pretty interesting subversion of the traditional Hitman play-style.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Red Dead 2 is also borked in DX12 on the latest Nvidia drivers so watch that. The game won't even boot in DX12 mode, citing an "out of memory error" no matter how much VRAM you may or may not have. Nvidia added it to the open issues, but no word on a hotfix for that just yet.

Their QA baffles me. "Here is an update to massively improve DX12 performance!"
DX12 game fails to even boot.
:thinking-face:

Maybe Nvidia programmers just turn off the map when playing the game?
I'm starting to think they don't actually play the games, just run the benchmarks.

Kind of Kandgawa Jet girls vibes but on mobile game and without Naruko Hanaharu art. I hope it gets steam release if it ever gets western version, since it's on DMM Games PC launcher.
My first thought was Kandagawa Jet girls also. Unfortuante this is mobile only for now. I had been wondering what the Senran devs were up to. Haven't released or announced anything in quite some time... Finally get some news and it's... this. 😓

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I mean, an update which gets almost 30% improvement in some scenarios, and 10%+ over a large number of games on a large number of GPUs probably involves quite a bit of significant re-engineering of the driver. So introducing some bugs here and there isn't too surprising. What's more important is how quickly they'll be patched.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Anything new on the rumor that you could maybe run DLSS3 on older hardware ? Or the redditor was full of shit ? Or too soon to know ?

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I heard they said they couldn't post proof and that the game ran on a particular build, so yeah...
Really unfortunate, if not unexpected. And even if it was legit there could still be the issue of underwhelming performances.
This is annoying. I'm not too fond of the idea of spending the equivalent of several monthly apartment rents on a GPU. In a looming economical crisis, at that.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
But it's just easy to strip the +xyz part and spam the original address, how does this help? :unsure:
You are buying millions of email addresses no one will check it for something like that, even if you let a bot crawl through it and delete the +xyz you could also just as easily delete a "legitimate" address that has a + in it.

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Also, if you use dots (.) in your Gmail address, you should know that you can omit them as well, and still reach your Gmail.

firstname.lastname@gmail.com
is the same as
firstnamelastname@gmail.com

Is that really the same situation though? From what I've gathered, it seems more like they want to be approved WITHOUT making any changes, since there was a highly publicized game that was re-approved without making any changes.
the point I was trying to make was that these other organisations are actually flexible in-how they handle rating and approving things. There is no one shot and once you are banned you stay banned.

I understand they didn’t want to change the rating. It is valve that need to change.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Looks like I will be skipping Scorn until deep sale. Wished it was good as I would love a great game about you exploring an uncharted alien environment.

And no, I can't use game pass as my sub lapsed a week ago. Might go captain Sparrow in it to check it out a bit though.
Yeah, I knew from the previews that Scorn wasn't going to be for everyone and quite possibly not for me, but reviews are even more mixed than I had expected. I have a very low tolerance for bad checkpointing, especially in games with no manual save feature, so my interest in playing the game has dropped significantly until/unless that gets addressed in a patch, hopefully before it leaves Game Pass a year or so from now.

also, one of the reviews said it doesn't even have full controller support on PC? in a game that's simultaneously releasing on consoles, in the year 2022? wtf?

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tried Scorn: Captain Sparrow and yeah, gonna wait for a sale on this one, love the art style, but not into that type of game atm.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.