Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Also seems the PC version of Gun Gun Pixies is delayed until November 1st, but Switch version launched days ago...

The only logical reason that I can think of is that it's a buggy port? Oh PQube... They do this often don't they were PQube usually puts the PC versions of stuff on the back burner

Reactions: 「Echo」

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So I was just thinking to myself, what you guys think will be the bigger news of the month on the PC space, Borderlands 3 or the new Steam library?
I guess it depends of what you are into, for me Borderlands is not something I'm interested on so Steam Library is way more exciting but again, I'm lately more into less "big" experiences and more into little things hehe.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
W
I cant get excited about BL3. What made 1 great was thrown down the shitter on 2, and 3 seems to double down on it.
What's the difference? Borderlands 2 on the Xbox 360 was my introduction to the series. I thought it was good for what it was but I was never able to beat the game since I wondered around a lot. I then played BL2 on PC and was still not able to beat the game. After that I played it on PS Vita but only played about 30 minutes of the game. I finally played Borderlands 1 earlier this year on PC via the updated version. I actually beat the game and even did some of the DLC. I thought it was a good game and had fun playing it. Now am I the type of person that was "hyped" for BL3 at any point in time? Not really, even if we ignore the whole EGS thing I have not really been hyped for the game. I do like the loot aspect of the game and how there are a lot of different guns that are different from each other, but the con is that it doesn't feel like you have much of a reason to change guns all that often.

I never did co-op in Borderlands so I have no idea what that's like.

So what made Borderlands 2 worse than Borderlands 1?

P.S. the art style of saGa Frontier 2 looks nice

Reactions: MJunioR
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
lashman

I've finished Minoria (y) :)
200 hours, 300 screenshots and six months later, I finally finished the Witcher 3 (including the expansions). Toussaint is gorgeous, more than half of my screenshots were taken there.
Would this count for the challenge, lashman?
Done with The Bard's Tale 4.
lashman I completed Spyro Reignited Trilogy!
I beat Cat Quest
added :)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
W

What's the difference? Borderlands 2 on the Xbox 360 was my introduction to the series. I thought it was good for what it was but I was never able to beat the game since I wondered around a lot. I then played BL2 on PC and was still not able to beat the game. After that I played it on PS Vita but only played about 30 minutes of the game. I finally played Borderlands 1 earlier this year on PC via the updated version. I actually beat the game and even did some of the DLC. I thought it was a good game and had fun playing it. Now am I the type of person that was "hyped" for BL3 at any point in time? Not really, even if we ignore the whole EGS thing I have not really been hyped for the game. I do like the loot aspect of the game and how there are a lot of different guns that are different from each other, but the con is that it doesn't feel like you have much of a reason to change guns all that often.

I never did co-op in Borderlands so I have no idea what that's like.

So what made Borderlands 2 worse than Borderlands 1?

P.S. the art style of saGa Frontier 2 looks nice
BL2 is the sum of the most insufferable memes from 2010 to 2012

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I actually enjoyed BL2 a lot at the time (solo and with a friend) even with the cringe jokes and storytelling, that sometimes had it's charms like the Tina DLC. But I don't know if I'm just older and crankier, they got worse at writing, or it was seeing what good writers could do in the same setting with "Tales from the Borderlands" (probably all of the above), but that extra DLC they just released was... painful. I mean... a bitcoin mining joke in 2019?

Made ignoring the EGS release a lot easier :p

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I actually enjoyed BL2 a lot at the time (solo and with a friend) even with the cringe jokes and storytelling, that sometimes had it's charms like the Tina DLC. But I don't know if I'm just older and crankier, they got worse at writing, or it was seeing what good writers could do in the same setting with "Tales from the Borderlands" (probably all of the above), but that extra DLC they just released was... painful. I mean... a bitcoin mining joke in 2019?

Made ignoring the EGS release a lot easier :p
I remember BL2 as a chore to play. I just recently cleared BL1 GOTY again and I never had a dull moment. But I cant say the same about BL2.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I remember BL2 as a chore to play. I just recently cleared BL1 GOTY again and I never had a dull moment. But I cant say the same about BL2.
Well, sometimes these loot games simply don't click with us. I started BL2 in coop so that probably influenced my overall opinion.

As I said, going back to it this year for the free DLC was huge disappointment for me (it did feel like a chore), so who knows what I would think about it playing the main game today.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I finished Night In The Woods on the Switch, does that count? Or does a completed game on a Nintendo just dissipate into the ether like tears in rain? If so, I accept it.

Review: It was ok. I really liked it overall actually, but some parts were a bit of a slog. Not enough that I wouldn't recommend it given the payoffs. Since it's a story game, I can't describe more as I'm not a pRo garme jOuRnAliSt. I'm very glad I played it, especially in the fall, and there were story branches I missed, but I won't play it through again just to experience them.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
BL2 is the sum of the most insufferable memes from 2010 to 2012
I can't really remember the memes of that time and I think I played the game back I originally played it back in 2013 or something like that and when I played the PC version I think maybe it was in in 2015 at the latest so it's been some time since I have played BL2.

For me BL1 did not feel like a chore per say but me wanting to do all of the quest for the main game (not the DLC) did wear thin after some time. Had I just stuck to the main story line stuff and not done anything else then I should have been able to get done with the story a lot sooner.

I will just have to play BL2 again from the start to see the difference. How about the pre-sequel, is it worse than BL2?

By the way from Summer 2018 to Summer 2019 I did not have to pay some big medical bill and I was wondering about some of my spending habit of that time. As it turns out I spent over $1.2k USD on buying 24 figures (I think maybe it's closer to 30 figures since I did buy some from Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop in addition to the place that I normally buy them from) and in December 2018 I think I spent almost $1.5k USD on upgrading my PC from a 720p (well technically I think I was playing at something like 13xx 736, or some other weird resolution like that) at 60fps in games that came out before 2012 on high settings, to a 1440p PC that can do around 90fps on high to mid settings on modern games. I have no idea how much I spent on actual video games and I sort of feel like not that much. I have not purchased from LRG in over 8 months now. So in the last 12 month or so I guess I have spent over 1.2k USD as well .... $144USD of that is from Humble Bundles alone and I don't think I have actually played any of those games.

I use to play a lot of Apex and in a way I felt bad for just playing the game and not buying the first battle pass but with the way that I heard season 2 was being handled and the lack of me actually playing the game anymore I don't feel as bad. I still have the game installed but I just have not played it in I think over 2 months now (I have not played since July). The game was very fun and it was the only Battleroyal game that I have played/have intentions to play. Thinks like solos and duos are not for me and the three player aspect of the game was something that I liked about it.

Does anyone have advice on how to tackle your backlog? I guess I just don't feel like playing video games that much, for the last 2 months or so I was mostly dedicated to TF2 and then for about a week I moved to MGO3 and then just left it because of the online issues with the game. I was playing FE 3H everyday but then it just became a chore with time management and me trying to use my free time to get the support levels of some units. I was also playing Half Life 2 but I just stopped since I wanted to get this boat ride achievement thing. As for DQIV I have only spent 5 hours on it and that was for chapter 4 of the game which is suppose to be the smallest chapter of the game I think? So I have a long way to go to beat the game (The game should roughly take about 30 or so hours to beat and yet I don't even think I am at the half way point and I'm already 28 hours into the game. I still have no idea how I was able to endure over 160 hours of DQVII since that is how long it took me to beat that game). In general I will just stop playing one game and go straight to the next but as of right now I don't even feel like playing games that much. I would play online games for a few hours at a time (3-4 hours a day at a time) but I don't even feel like doing that. Maybe I just need to play much shorter games?

Reactions: MJunioR

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Does anyone have advice on how to tackle your backlog? I guess I just don't feel like playing video games that much, for the last 2 months or so I was mostly dedicated to TF2 and then for about a week I moved to MGO3 and then just left it because of the online issues with the game. I was playing FE 3H everyday but then it just became a chore with time management and me trying to use my free time to get the support levels of some units. I was also playing Half Life 2 but I just stopped since I wanted to get this boat ride achievement thing. As for DQIV I have only spent 5 hours on it and that was for chapter 4 of the game which is suppose to be the smallest chapter of the game I think? So I have a long way to go to beat the game (The game should roughly take about 30 or so hours to beat and yet I don't even think I am at the half way point and I'm already 28 hours into the game. I still have no idea how I was able to endure over 160 hours of DQVII since that is how long it took me to beat that game). In general I will just stop playing one game and go straight to the next but as of right now I don't even feel like playing games that much. I would play online games for a few hours at a time (3-4 hours a day at a time) but I don't even feel like doing that. Maybe I just need to play much shorter games?
Yeah, don't. I have over 1400 steam games, so it's like, honestly, I wasted a bunch of money. Ok. But don't also waste time. I can get more money, but I can't get more time**. My solution was to make a list in steam called "short list." Keep the list actually short, less than 100, maybe way less. The rest? Declare bankruptcy. You cannot realistically play all those games. So accept the money loss but never lose time. You don't need to finish games either. Who cares? Each game trades off part of your real life so just choose a few that actually make your life better. That's how I try to look at it.

I think what Falexandre did a page or two back is the right idea. Pick something you really like and live there until it's time to move.

**Regardless of the popular slogan, time is NOT money. It's your actual real life that will end. But when you lose all your money, you don't die. Memento mori. Fuck backlogs.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah, don't. I have over 1400 steam games, so it's like, honestly, I wasted a bunch of money. Ok. But don't also waste time. I can get more money, but I can't get more time**. My solution was to make a list in steam called "short list." Keep the list actually short, less than 100, maybe way less. The rest? Declare bankruptcy. You cannot realistically play all those games. So accept the money loss but never lose time. You don't need to finish games either. Who cares? Each game trades off part of your real life so just choose a few that actually make your life better. That's how I try to look at it.

I think what Falexandre did a page or two back is the right idea. Pick something you really like and live there until it's time to move.

**Regardless of the popular slogan, time is NOT money. It's your actual real life that will end. But when you lose all your money, you don't die. Memento mori. Fuck backlogs.
I think I will do something along those lines then and try to play some of the more interesting games that I have and just declare other stuff a loss and that I will never play them. I wonder if the new features that the Steam library will have, will help with this?

I need some help looking for an "audio solution", up to this point I have been using headphones to listen to stuff on my PC but because of some health concerns I don't think I will be able to keep doing that. So I was thinking of just getting some speakers or something like that for my PC. Right now I am using the speakers of my Acer Predator XB271HU, and compared to the headphones that I was using the audio from my monitor does not sound that great or "accurate". As for audio I was planning of making use of my motherboard since it seems to have some fancy features but I don't know what they actually do. I have an Asrock X470 Taichi and it say that it has "7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 4 & DTS Connect". It has multiple audio sockets in the I/O but the only ones that I am familiar with is for audio out (headphones) and for audio in (microphone) I don't know what all the other ones are for. I imagine that 7.1 audio is good and that I can use it with what MS has installed or with Dolby Atmos. I have a budget of $100-$200USD. Can I get something decent for that much? It just seems like a shame if my motherboard does have some decent features but I just can't make use of them

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah, I always thought that there's something wrong with Gears 5 movement. I mean, for such bulky characters they move so fluid and fast from cover to cover, even when running and crouching. Sometimes I feel like they're skipping frames to reach the destination.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, I always thought that there's something wrong with Gears 5 movement. I mean, for such bulky characters they move so fluid and fast from cover to cover, even when running and crouching. Sometimes I feel like they're skipping frames to reach the destination.
Gears alwways have had move assist, you press Space and the characters magnet into cover.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
For me BL1 did not feel like a chore per say but me wanting to do all of the quest for the main game (not the DLC) did wear thin after some time. Had I just stuck to the main story line stuff and not done anything else then I should have been able to get done with the story a lot sooner.

I will just have to play BL2 again from the start to see the difference. How about the pre-sequel, is it worse than BL2?
Sorry for the late response! I havent played the PreSequel actually. I remember being pissed off by some of the mission design on BL2. As in, actually angry. That's why I've never finished it.

I use to play a lot of Apex and in a way I felt bad for just playing the game and not buying the first battle pass but with the way that I heard season 2 was being handled and the lack of me actually playing the game anymore I don't feel as bad. I still have the game installed but I just have not played it in I think over 2 months now (I have not played since July). The game was very fun and it was the only Battleroyal game that I have played/have intentions to play. Thinks like solos and duos are not for me and the three player aspect of the game was something that I liked about it.
Apex is great but IMO the Season structure is just BS. I don't want to play by its schedule. It would be more interesting if they adopt a Siege like approach to them.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It's TGS. No way they acknowledge the existence of anything outside Sony, Nintendo, and mobile.
The

I'm confused here. If you don't want to release your game on Steam then why signed contract with Valve in the first place :thinking-face:
I'm guessing that a lot of people are confused by this and maybe Valve will officially say something about it soon™?

Also is this hostile? In a way I would consider some of the rules that Sony has as being more "hostile" I'm not sure if it's true but doesn't Sony have rules like you have to have trophies in your game and that if your game is already on other platforms that you need to add new content for the PS4 release of the game or something like that

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Also is this hostile? In a way I would consider some of the rules that Sony has as being more "hostile" I'm not sure if it's true but doesn't Sony have rules like you have to have trophies in your game and that if your game is already on other platforms that you need to add new content for the PS4 release of the game or something like that
Didnt Sony implement a second screening for Japanese games to filter down the amount of Anime Tiddie on its systems? That's far more hostile to me. That shit was the #1 reason the Vita was a financial misstep and not a financial disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.