Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
With my PS2 era comment, I was reminiscing about my 'gaming' past. I was pretty much a Nintendo kid growing up, the only games I knew about where those that were advertised on my Club Nintendo (LatinAmerican Nintendo Power). Everything was so scarce back then, I would get one game a year if I got lucky.

Then on 2003 my uncle bought a PC with a funny case with weird blue lights on, the thing looked like something out of a Star Wars movie. I wanted to get one but of course my dad told me to fuck off lol and I don't blame him, PC parts were hard to come by and very expensive, so yeah. But I did get an HP Pavilion which I did my nasty experiments on. But I did learn a lot on that thing. Oh, and the pirate games. A shit ton of them.

Nowadays I wish I had paid more attention to other gaming platforms back then (which was kinda difficult back then because there was either Nintendo or pirated PS games). And I was the weird kid! I liked this fucking game for fucking weebs called Tales of Symphonia. Scored me a few friends, at least.
I look at stuff from the Saturn and weird PS2 and I secretly wish I had a lot of money so I could play all that stuff. But then I look at my Steam library, which isnt large by any means, but my younger self would piss himself if he knew I would have so many games just 'there'. Do I really want to play them or is just my FOMO kicking in?

Sorry for the rambling mess of ideas. Its late and I felt old for a bit, lol.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wish Japanese companies released more games on PC. PS2 style, where no idea was too weird to try.
Some do and that is how we get stuff like this

It was originally an Early Access game and I believe that they said that they planned to eventually release it on PS4 and N/S but they were able to try something with their Steam release.

Big name companies won't do it but some smaller indie devs will and already do

By the way I think that I am going to get a pair of Logitech G560 speakers

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Something I've noticed, badge card prices don't go down to 0.03€ as much as they used to. I have a lot of buy orders for cards that low and usually I would get like one per day, but now I get like one or two cards per week.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The only thing that I missed from good old console era is Bishi Bashi.

And the fact that nobody play PS1, PS2, and PSP games legally lol.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Some do and that is how we get stuff like this

It was originally an Early Access game and I believe that they said that they planned to eventually release it on PS4 and N/S but they were able to try something with their Steam release.

Big name companies won't do it but some smaller indie devs will and already do

By the way I think that I am going to get a pair of Logitech G560 speakers
Is the game good? It looks good.
The only thing that I missed from good old console era is Bishi Bashi.

And the fact that nobody play PS1, PS2, and PSP games legally lol.
I think I've seen like three original PS1 games in my entire life.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
First console that I pirated on was the Dreamcast, one of my favourite consoles!:D The only other console I would pirate on was the OG Xbox, for that I barely had any legit copies of games.XD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I actually enjoyed BL2 a lot at the time (solo and with a friend) even with the cringe jokes and storytelling, that sometimes had it's charms like the Tina DLC. But I don't know if I'm just older and crankier, they got worse at writing, or it was seeing what good writers could do in the same setting with "Tales from the Borderlands" (probably all of the above), but that extra DLC they just released was... painful. I mean... a bitcoin mining joke in 2019?

Made ignoring the EGS release a lot easier :p
This is kinda me.
I really enjoyed Borderlands 2 and found it funny with friends years back, but a few months ago I booted it up again and uh.... Yeah, no. Wasn't for me anymore.
I have zero interest in Borderlands 3 right now, even without factoring in the egs situation and Randy being a colossal piece of human garbage.

Reactions: Digoman

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, PS2 era was great for slightly unhinged, not polished enough games with interesting ideas, the era gave us stuff like Killer7, Michigan, Rule of Rose, Forbidden Siren etc. games that had their flaws but basically have no counterparts on todays market.

In other news, I've started NNK2 and I think the combat is more interesting than the combat in the first game, but it really does have a weird voice over work, like I have nothing against reading text, but the transitions here are really jarring.

Reactions: PC-tan

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

I cant find the mmo thread so i am posting my ff14 chara here.
I dislike the high heels but otherwise i rather like hits outfit
My poor queen gotta suffer running jumping and acrobating with those damned things D=
MMO thread:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
lashman , I've finished my first game in September.

If I can finish at least one more before the month is done' I'll be happy :02kawaii:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
MMO thread:
Thanks I was on mobile when I made that post XP

Reactions: ezodagrom

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Anyone bought from WinGameStore? It's listed in IsThereAnyDeal so i assume it's legit but wanted to check first as they have the cheapest GreedFall prices at the moment.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
I've been playing a delisted game as of late, Superfrog HD. And yeah...I can see why there was a negative reception towards the game. It's just not very fun, only bland. I never played the originals since I just got into PC gaming recently but yeah, not too fond of this title.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Anyone bought from WinGameStore? It's listed in IsThereAnyDeal so i assume it's legit but wanted to check first as they have the cheapest GreedFall prices at the moment.
They're legit.
They also have a point system; points for purchases, points for Revewing games you bought.
Once you reach 100 points you get $5 instore credit. SO keep an eye on them for future purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.