Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Any of those keys still left? Always miss these when there is a night time.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
This article has a number of good VN recommendations. A lot of obvious choice for VN fans, but it should initiate newcomers as well.

(Don't read Saya or Subahibi on your first day, though) :02police:
Interesting take on the genre with beginners in mind. I’m interested in several of the short to middle ones. Not that I don’t want to read the classics, but with reading ocd it can quickly become a little hell and a recipe for giving up.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and Kvik

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I dont consider a pc to be a single item. At least I never bought it as one. I think the most expensive part was the 970 at 450€
Funny enough it was my own 970 in my previous computer that convinced me to never cheap out again. It was fine for a while at 1080p, and sometimes even could be pushed further (Played MGSV at 1440p downsampled). ... but the moment I got a 4K TV, that 970 mine as well have become a paperweight.

And I dunno how others skirt around it, but the 3.5GB RAM issue was always crashing games for me. Even Skyrim, I had to limit the number of mods because it would always crash if I got near the VRAM threshold.

... The answer? When I built my new PC I went for the top. 1080ti. Can't get more VRAM than that. 8700k for future proofing. Now I wait patiently for a true successor to 1080ti, or at the minimum, something that will represent a 60% leap in power.

This article has a number of good VN recommendations. A lot of obvious choice for VN fans, but it should initiate newcomers as well.

(Don't read Saya or Subahibi on your first day, though) :02police:
Did the Steam version of Subahibi have a content restoration patch or nah? :thinking-face:

Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The answer? When I built my new PC I went for the top. 1080ti. Can't get more VRAM than that. 8700k for future proofing. Now I wait patiently for a true successor to 1080ti, or at the minimum, something that will represent a 60% leap in power.
We'll need to upgrade to 21xx series (or 30xx ?) at some point anyway once the Gsync support for those LG OLED drops. Knowing Nvidia, they simply won't release HDMI 2.1 compatibility update driver for older chipsets.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Dang it Valve, it's because of you that little guys like Discord can't catch a break.

I can't even recall what Nitro was, was it basically the Humble Trove?
Nitro is Discord Premium. You can use cross server emoji.

Back then when Discord close their game store, they put their game into Nitro.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I have just the thing for you, lash. :02smug:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I have just the thing for you, lash. :02smug:

Has CR fixed it's video issues?

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

Should reviewer update their score if microtransaction were introduced several months after the initial launch?
It won't matter even if they do. Metacritic only counts the original score so the only metric publishers care about will remain unchanged.

Reactions: PC-tan

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Has CR fixed it's video issues?
You mean the lower bitrate on certain titles? I think they've fixed it iirc, but they still aren't the best. I watched Fire Force or Demon Slayer and sometimes still noticed some artifacts.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
You mean the lower bitrate on certain titles? I think they've fixed it iirc, but they still aren't the best. I watched Fire Force or Demon Slayer and sometimes still noticed some artifacts.
They aren't using Flash any more right?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Grab your key if you picked up the July Humble Monthly.

Macdows 95 is up for you June Monthly buyers. Not sure when it went up, but I just noticed it.
This game and Eliza are hitting a very sore spot very close to home for me. There are so many people hurting in silence. These games help and I wish mental health, this kind of distress and the size of the problem was acknowledged more.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Well thankfully my cousin got his new acer laptop
Gtx 1060 6gb and i7 8th gen

This is gonn a keep him pc gaming really good for a few more years.
Granted his first test will be batman arkham knight so now i am advising him to update everything just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: MJunioR and Milena
Status
Not open for further replies.