Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I feel so hardcore now, I've built a zombie spawner/kill chamber in Minecraft, with water ways and all, that damages them so I can just one hit them and grind exp and items.:D
I'm lazy and just create an open-sided kill corridor so I can stab them in the legs while not being seen.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Chance Hale

Yikes forever
Sep 10, 2019
Colorado
Ive finally been giving Darkwood a proper go. Previously only played the intro bit but ive gone back to it and made some progress..

Good little game. Definitely is spooky in parts. Im playing with a controller and its a bit clunky but that sort of adds to the scary factor so im enjoying it.
Keep trying to go back to this and make progress but for a 2d game it's incredibly stressful and tense. I've become a baby in regards to horror games in recent years lol. The environmental warping effects that make the forest constantly shift and distort as you run around are very unnerving.

Really seems like a special game tho so need to soldier on.

Great character art too

OSatan

OFather OSun
It has been a while but I do not think so. It is a fine game, probably worth that price but it is middling so dont expect something great. So far Greedfall is much better but obviously more expensive. I am sure in a few months Greedfall will be cheap as that is usually Focus' move.
Yeah that was, it is good that Greedfall has a creator!

It looked like it played the exact same as Spiders' last 2 games so I gave it a hard pass after playing Bound by Flame. Might be decent at that price tho.
I liked Bound by Flame it was a nice little game.

Also full councilor status!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Finally finished this. Granted I blitzed through it in 1 week, but as some parts of the story weren't as interesting to me as Heavensward, I skipped some scenes shrugs

Has great music tho, I'd post some of them IF I KNEW WHAT THEY'RE CALLED AND DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH THE ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK TO FIND THEM :V

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Finally finished this. Granted I blitzed through it in 1 week, but as some parts of the story weren't as interesting to me as Heavensward, I skipped some scenes shrugs

Has great music tho, I'd post some of them IF I KNEW WHAT THEY'RE CALLED AND DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH THE ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK TO FIND THEM :V
Now get your body ready for the best FFXIV expansion.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Now get your body ready for the best FFXIV expansion.
Nah
I am saving that for 2020 after some proposed patches.
Ive spent 2 months with this game
Time i moved onto other games

I have 7 days left on my sub but there are only a few things left i want to do (1 ninja mission, a few trials and hildibrand stuff)
Then i uninstall it
Anyone got a suggestion for recording software beaidea obs? How is nvidia geforce for recording videos? I want to record a raid at the most.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Nah
I am saving that for 2020 after some proposed patches.
Ive spent 2 months with this game
Time i moved onto other games

I have 7 days left on my sub but there are only a few things left i want to do (1 ninja mission, a few trials and hildibrand stuff)
Then i uninstall it
Anyone got a suggestion for recording software beaidea obs? How is nvidia geforce for recording videos? I want to record a raid at the most.
Shadowplay is really good, though it usually has an annoying "started recording" message for the first second or two after starting to record the video. Otherwise, it's very easy to use and you can change quality, etc. No noticeable impact on performance either.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Shadowplay is really good, though it usually has an annoying "started recording" message for the first second or two after starting to record the video. Otherwise, it's very easy to use and you can change quality, etc. No noticeable impact on performance either.
That's fine. I'll be doing team duties and I can give a pass to the first few seconds as it was just the players getting ready :3

Reactions: Kurt Russell

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Microsoft releases Gears 5 at a ridiculous high price in Europe (where pc gaming is very popular), while throwing around cheap trials for Game Pass. Conclusion of the media: pc gamers aren't interested in Microsofts games on Steam. Wow, just wow.

Microsoft knows what it's doing with the pricing, so it hasn't learned all it's lessons, unless it's also 80 bucks in the Windows store to buy. In which case even fewer lessons have been learned by them.
Still that 'article' is fishing for anything to paint steam in a bad light it seems, shrugging off the price issue to the end of the article and tossing it aside immediately.

Last edited:

Bonney

old and bad
Apr 17, 2019
So I'm not sure if this has been posted but I searched and found nothing. Bossa Studios hosted a 25 hour live stream yesterday where they just listed off Steam codes for their upcoming game The Bradwell Conspiracy nonstop. The Twitch vod is up and I managed to find a unredeemed code a few minutes ago, (It only took me 3 tries to find a non-duplicate code). So there are still some available at least if anyone wants to try and grab a free copy.

Every code starts with a red letter, and there's a - every 5 letters.(XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)

Thanks. Was still able to find one just now.

The code following starts at 12:04:55.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
unless it's also 80 bucks in the Windows tore to buy
Yep, also €70 in the Windows Store. It's damn sad. Most pc gamers are using a cheap Game Pass trial to play the campaign, which means Gears 5 won't build a multiplayer community on pc. And no mods, since the Windows Store version is still locked down.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

FF14's OST will be stuck in my mind for a long time xp

I'd rank FF14 on the lower end of my top 10 FF games, it just takes too long for it to get interesting, but its good bits are good, and honestly its voice acting really elevates it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yep, also €70 in the Windows Store. It's damn sad. Most pc gamers are using a cheap Game Pass trial to play the campaign, which means Gears 5 won't build a multiplayer community on pc. And no mods, since the Windows Store version is still locked down.
I plan to buy it on steam eventually, but im going to gamepass gears4 first and if I like that, I'm waiting until that laughably high price is more palatable. I don't partake in multiplayer, so i don't mind if it's dead that way, outside of the intrinsic problems that might create going forward for the series on pc (and my dream of a Gears collection with 2-Judgement making their way over)

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Went into the Focus sale page... and the stream for (Greedfall) has 35k viewers. That's... not bad at all. I'm always surprised by the numbers these embedded Steam streams get.

Also, just repeating that if you haven't bought A Plague Tale: Innocence yet, go try the demo. Incredible game.

Yeah... the whole "we are going to release win32 games on the Windows Store" doesn't mean a lot if they are still protected at the OS level :p

I wanted to buy it on Steam, but since my main interest in the campaign and it is very expensive over here, Gamepass it is.

At this point the really interesting number would be how many people are actually paying for Gamepass, since every time I look there is a new trial, promo or giveaway of codes.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
It's a shame you seemingly can't skip the intro videos (the Sega logo and the controller recommendation blob) in Yakuza 0. You can skip the trailer, but I also happen to have a blank usm file that I can slot in to autoskip that at least. Small victories.

Reactions: beep boop

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Stop right there, you toxic entitled Gamer scum! Sure, most ordinary people would assume the presence of a cheap alternative would lead people to go for the cheaper option, but it takes a hard hitting journalist to understand that whatever makes for a more racy headline must automatically be true, he even quotes some numbers and clearly did just about two minutes of research on this. Someone should get this man a Pulitzer.
Game "journalists": STEAM NEEDS COMPETITION!
Microsoft: Here's a very cheap subscription service that lets you play the game for basically free, but we're still going to give you the option of getting it at your preferred storefront if you want to.
Game "journalists": WHY WON'T STEAM PLAYERS BUY GAMES ON STEAM???? I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A MONOPOLY, IS STEAM DYING?

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

Reactions: lashman

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Stormblood is the weakest expansion by far so I cant blame you for skipping some cutscenes lol

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Does Gog 2.0 support Gamepass, btw?
Yes. The only issue is that GamePass does not support GamePass. If GamePass were not this cheap, it would be a scam: there are too many issues!

There are games which I am too lazy to download, even though they are available with GamePass, because I do not trust the launcher, and I would be pissed if I downloaded the game and then realized that it were stuck on the main screen, as it happened with The Messenger or Night Call.

Moreover, I don't get achievements for Dead Cells and Creatures in the Well. I have not tried with other games: maybe achievements are completely broken

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Has anyone played Rain World?

and if so does anyone know what im supposed to do? Ive been playing it on and off for a bit....

Ive made progress and found a few checkpoint areas (where you go to sleep) but other than that i just seem to explore about until i stumble upon a sleepy place or get caught in the rain and have to re-start.

Whats the deal with the little floating bug thing, does it point you toward where im supposed to go?

I like it but feel like i dont really make much progress due to just wandering about aimlessly.
There's no super big esoteric condition that prevents player from progressing, as long as they properly explore every area, so feel free to go at your pace. Only way one might stumble is to accidentally proceed to challenging area not recommended for first time players, like going straight to skeletons in Dark Souls 1; whenever you reach new region and find yourself struggling, don't be afraid to fall back and check whether there are other areas connected to the former region.

The bug thing is also generally extremely useless.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Stormblood is the weakest expansion by far so I cant blame you for skipping some cutscenes lol
Makes sense since half of its time is spent in the worst region in Eorzea, Ala Mhigo.

I would let the Garleans nuke Ala Mhigo if I could. Eff that place.

Reactions: Arsene

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
But you see there were two knights and the thing is... that they were TWO !
Turns out axes are bad for the health bar :face-with-head-bandage:
You might need to use cheat engine for that glitch. Obvious developer oversight. Axes should be good for the health bar.

Never played Nioh. Something about it and being kind of souls-y, I'm like "this is gonna be a pain in the ass." So do I want a stressful ragequit kind of night, or .... anything else? Same with Sekiro.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Makes sense since half of its time is spent in the worst region in Eorzea, Ala Mhigo.

I would let the Garleans nuke Ala Mhigo if I could. Eff that place.
Breh
The place is already nuked :v
Besides why you hatin on the little people like that? They suffered enough, let them have their long due liberation.

Last edited:

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Breh
The place is already nuked :v
Besides why you hatin on the little people like that? They suffered enough, let them have their long due liberation.
Nuke it again until it’s uninhabitable!
  • They tried to take over the rest of Eorzea, lost a war to the Garleans, and then started bitching and moaning at Eorzeans to help them retake their homeland.
  • Oh and remember, the Eorzean Alliance that we spent so much time reviving in ARR existed originally because of Ala Mhigo.
  • It’s home to lunatics who would stone the innocent child of a traitor (aka Fordola).
  • Lyse is a naive and boring dumbbell.
  • Dipshit refugees (Ilberd) go to extremes like betraying the Scions and Crystal Braves, killing innocents for no good reason, and costing Rauhban (the only worthwhile Ala Mhigan character) his arm.
  • Oh and they start a war they had no business provoking which directly led to the death of one of the Scions.
  • And to just cap it all off, it makes almost zero interesting IRL cultural parallels (compared to Ishgard’s French Gothic and Othard’s continental Asia), and the landscape is hideously boring and ugly in comparison to other expansion regions.
In conclusion, to hell with Ala Mhigo, I hope we never have to return there again.

(If I’m being more fair, I think my dislike of Ala Mhigo has to do with some questionable writing choices. It’s why people think Lalas suck, because too many prominent Lala characters are dicks [or dumb], and the nice ones don’t get enough screen time to balance them out. Same thing with Ala Mhigo, too many nasty characters)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My Astral Chain CE finally arrived.... I would say yay, but the thing is that I didn't know it would arrive so soon, and this is bad since Amazon Germany has not told me that it has been delivered and when I checked on my USPS account it did not tell me anything about the CE. One of the reasons why I am more so concerned is when I looked as the box it had a big red stamp saying "this item was found it supposedly empty supplies" aka at some point during delivery some one was trying to steal this item and it may or may not have been tampered with. I opened the box and the CE seemed to be in decent condition (it does have some scratch marks and stuff like that but I mean it shipped from Germany to the US in about 2 weeks and it cost me less than $5USD for shipping so that's decent?). It does looks like it's not factory sealed though and I'm not sure if these CE are sealed, the top part of the CE has a cut in the plastic. I'm hoping for the best and maybe all the stuff is in there... if not hopefully at least the game is since it did just cost me $60USD for the CE. .........

Status
Not open for further replies.