Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gotta say, Yoshi's Crafted World and Trials Rising is a lot of fun,

I have never cared for loot boxes in any game so I have currently 26 unopened loot boxers in Trials Rising.

In Six Siege, I think I had at one point about 60+ unponened loot boxes. Was hell to open them all.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I just got access to Apple Arcade and im pretty bitter I can play Hot Lava 1.0 here but have to wait until the 19th to play it on PC.

Idk why Klei doesnt just push the 1.0 update on Steam now and let beta testers play it a few days early.

Also Shantae 5 is playable on here but only “Part 1”. Guess they’re waiting for the entire game to be finished before releasing on other platforms.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
And Richard East replied with another interesting analysis too :

Nice, I wanted to ask what the fuck that Ellen game guy did to promote his game in order to then complain about 0 traffic to it, or should any store somehow guarantee sales for everyone? Should they take money from users at random intervals and add low profile games to their library in return or what, lol? These stats tell the same, the games with little visibility don't do shit to promote themselves (and maybe many of them are shit promotion wouldn't work for anyway).

Reactions: Ruvon

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Just realized Nioh 2 not announced for PC at launch...

So probably means late next year for steam release. But what about Elden Ring? What if that is also late next year and launches with new consoles

End of next year could be potentially crazy for PC.

Nioh 2, Halo Infinite, and maybe FF7R + Elden Ring + Death Stranding 👀

That along with what is shaping up to be a crazy first half of the year and all the exclusive expired games from EGS.

2020 winter sale...

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Does "following" a game in steam actually do anything? I'm following quite a few games apparently, along with wishlisting, but I sure don't get any notifications.

Reactions: PC-tan

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Does "following" a game in steam actually do anything? I'm following quite a few games apparently, along with wishlisting, but I sure don't get any notifications.
You will get announcement if something happens like events.

For example I am following ESO and I had a pop up notification the other day talking about the new event + free dlc etc.

Probably only worth it for following multiplayer or GaaS games. Maybe the new steam client update with events will expand on it and make it more meaningful.

Reactions: Wildebeet

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
You will get announcement if something happens like events.

For example I am following ESO and I had a pop up notification the other day talking about the new event + free dlc etc.

Probably only worth it for following multiplayer or GaaS games. Maybe the new steam client update with events will expand on it and make it more meaningful.
Yeah that might explain it. I wanted it to let me know if an update was available and what it was, or if the developer had any interesting news, or something like that.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Beat Gears4 last night, thank you free gamepass. 2 games completed in a month? inconceivable!
So i actually liked it more than I did the original (and by original I mean the GFW version) of Gears of War. JD is as boring as drying paint, but Kait is a way more interesting character than Dom, though I have only played Gears1 and part of 2 on xbox, so maybe he's more than Bender's hype man and terrible acting pining for his dead wife. The chatter was pretty good between the group, except from JD, again, he's just not Marcus and it shows and Del was much more than racist stereotype sidekick

Yes the robots waves early on sucked, basically the whole horde gameplay in the campaign felt like padding and I could have gone without it.

Overall, fun, and probably the fastest ive beaten a game (5 days) since Mass Effect 2. Going to try and squeeze Gears5 in then get back to halo wars before my gamepass runs out.

Reactions: MJunioR

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
GMG has NNK1 for ~$60 AUD but it's still $20 more than what I'm willing to pay for a remaster of 8 years old game. I'll probably pass on this until the next sale, then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
About the Steam algorithm 'screwing' some devs, am I a bad person for thinking 'well tough luck, not everyone can be winners'.

I totally get how disheartening it can be, but trying to pin it to the platform is just bizarre.
I think most sane people agree with your view. Success is a privilege, not a right.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yeah that might explain it. I wanted it to let me know if an update was available and what it was, or if the developer had any interesting news, or something like that.
This is what I assumed it did, but it does makes sense as to why I would get a lot of weird random event invites but never any news feed updates or very few.
That said, if a dev just drops a game on steam or any digital storefront and doesn't do any kind of promotional work, they have only themselves to blame. Valve is not your PR, but it can help with how you approach PR. Still gotta put in that leg work yourself to get your title out there for steam to recognize an interest uptick

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I never played a MH game. The Witcher and Horizon crossovers really make me want to try MHW but the game is just too overwhelming. It would take me literally years to finish.

Same with FFXIV, the Nier crossover makes it even more tempting but I can't fit an MMO into my life.

Reactions: lashman and MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gonna go ahead and recommend

It's pretty great from the demo Ive played (not sure how up to date the demo is though).

It's a mecha/gundam game with a shitload of customization and a campaign and some other stuff.

It's in early access and if the devs plays their cards right with it, it can became a helluva good mecha/gundam game.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Steam is far from perfect, grievence aside though, Steam is still the place to put your game in. YOU, the indie developer have to put in the necessary effort to advertise, YOU have to put in maximum effort to get your name out. It shouldn't be steam's curation job to do the job for you. Whatever you think of Steam's problems, it's a way better platform then EPIC Game Store. There should be plenty of indie news media outlets to contact and get your game's name out. YOU have to the put the effort in. Putting all faith in the algorithm to make you some bank is lazy as hell. YOU have to make an effort. Be the face of your game, instead of Tom Sweeney saving your ass. Not that many indie game devs can have that clout to call upon the almighty Tom Sweeny. Budget according and experiment once in awhile. Putting any faith in any algorithym to get you somewhere is how we got here in general culture.
If you're looking to make Minecraft TM amounts of money or PUBG amounts of money or positive publicity, then tough shit. Lightining in a bottle is hard to cultivate and even then you have tor rely on word of mouth. Hey guess what a lot of indie devs have to do a nowadays, cultivate and engage their audience.
It's not hard asshole, it's called effort.
LOL making the myspace vs facebook analogy in that tweet WHEW LAD look at that leap in logic,

MySpace was always trash but there was some good in it. Facebook had a good run then it opened up to the average person and look it at what happened.

Fuck off with that analogy Myspace was awful trash back in the day

Last edited:

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Is there even going to be Fortnite on PS5/Xbone2?

like how much longer will the success of that f2p game will last before everyone get tired of it

Get real sweeney stans. Trying to a big money man in the near future will make you broke in the long run when the next new hottest thing comes out

and btw Epic is competiting for 7th place with Origins/GoG/UWPS and Ubisoft+

good luck trying to peel away users from that when those guys are good consistently good*

*I'm still waiting for you to be worth a damn in the near future before C&C 1 remaster, EA!

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Is there even going to be Fortnite on PS5/Xbone2?

like how much longer will the success of that f2p game will last before everyone get tired of it

Get real sweeney stans. Trying to a big money man in the near future will make you broke in the long run when the next new hottest thing comes out

and btw Epic is competiting for 7th place with Origins/GoG/UWPS and Ubisoft+

good luck trying to peel away users from that when those guys are good consistently good*

*I'm still waiting for you to be worth a damn in the near future before C&C 1 remaster, EA!
Yeah they'll 100% port Fortnite to next gen.

Reactions: Samson and PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.