Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
After enjoying Deadly Premonition on Switch I have the desire to play it on PC.
After tinkering a bit with this version... yikes. I tried DPfix but it's making my image much darker (paging Durante :D )
Then I go to PCGamingWiki and all fixes lead to "the old place" - double yikes ;-)
Deadly Premonition is a nightmare. I spent so much time on that and it was still very wonky for many people. (At least I could eventually play it at good IQ)

I'm not keen to ever revisit that (at least as a modder),

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
A bit late with my reply, but Following a game also makes their news articles show up in your community feed. Good if you want to see changelogs when patches are released... (Of course this is dependant on the devs posting changelogs)
So maybe it was doing what I wanted it to the whole time and I just totally ignored it. Need to check into that!

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
A lot of it but not all. I believe I finished all the Wasteland missions and I completely cleared every area except Deep Friah's. By completely cleared I mean that I dropped the threat level to 0, not that I looted every scavenging location and such.
Yeah that's more or less what I ended up doing in the game too. By the time I finished it I believe I spent about 40 hours with it. I loved it but I feel like how much far you're willing to go for in terms of completion in open world games depends greatly on the mood and not necessarily on how much you like the game imo.

It looks bigger than it is though, a big chunk of the map is empty desert. When I got there I was expecting another boatload of side missions and strongholds but quickly went 'ohhhh....'. The very last area isn't huge either. Tbh while the game undeniably was repetitive it played so nicely that I was disappointed, could've gone on another few hours. Sad we never got DLC.
Yeah unfortunately Mad Max was sent out to die by Warner Brothers considering its release date. Thankfully the game itself is pretty great and chock-full of content that I didn't mind the lack of DLC that much. The hand to hand combat felt like a slightly weightier take on the Arkham combat, and the car combat is fantastic once you gear and level it up.
Dunno about Mad Max, I started playing it and it wasn't too bad but I just didn't feel like returning to it after 3 or 4 hours. To be honest, it might've been burnout from open world games.
I bet it's exactly that. Open world games nowadays can be such a big time commitment that if you're not really in the mood for it, you can check out of them pretty quickly, no matter how good the game is.

Reactions: MJunioR

Deleted member 113

So maybe it was doing what I wanted it to the whole time and I just totally ignored it. Need to check into that!
It is doing what you wanted it to.
But, many developers don't bother using it. Or their developer/publisher groups, for that matter.

Some developers are quick to say that Steam is killing indie developers, and whatnot, but not many actually bother to make use of the tools they have available.
Plenty of developers/publishers release DLCs (free, or paid), and don't even bother posting any sort of update. Plenty of developers release patches, and don't even bother posting patch notes (or do so in the forums, or their websites, while not posting them as news updates).

I can't tell you how many times I noticed that DLCs were released for games I am following, and that I totally missed them. Or new games by teams I follow. Or, for games I uninstalled, waiting for patches to drop, and then I completely missed when they did so, all because no update was posted.

I'm following 100 developers/publishers (the current limit). Some have their pages completely empty, never posted anything, never even added info to their pages.
Instead of posting so much crap on twitter, why not post updates on Steam, so that people who bought your game, or were planning to buy your game, can see how it's developing, what or when is released, and so on?

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
You know what, I actually suspect foul play from Valve this time. There is just no chance these games released and didn't crash Steam servers from all the incoming traffic. I'm telling you, they probably redirected all that Deer Man & Ellen traffic to Team Fortress 2 to keep scamming us with more damn hats. Greedy fucks. I mean, isn't that all what Valve does anyways? Eating innovative and totally not entitled indie devs for breakfast to sell more and more of those hats?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Deadly Premonition is a nightmare. I spent so much time on that and it was still very wonky for many people. (At least I could eventually play it at good IQ)

I'm not keen to ever revisit that (at least as a modder),
Understandable. I guess I will settle with the Switch version for now, which seems solid enough after the first patch.
The PC version feels like it's leaking everywhere, one wrong action and the game just falls apart.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I need to stop clicking on the twitter links you guys post, since I end up spending 5-10 minutes blocking people. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I thought only I was that petty :LOL:
What's annoying me is that it's out of character for me to do this. Before this whole ridiculous campaign against Valve I'd just ignore numbnuts and move on with my life, but this has started getting on my nerves to the point where I feel I need to purge my twitter feed of these morons every time I come across something as idiotic as these tweets.

Deleted member 113

I thought only I was that petty :LOL:
It's not out of character for me. :giggle:

On a certain well known forum I previously used, I kept hitting the limit of users ignored (1000).
And on twitter, the only social media I (barely) use, I surely have thousands of users blocked.

I really have no patience to deal with people who try to upset and antagonize other users, or who post stupid crap.
My twitter feed is a lot more enjoyable once I started "cleaning" it, and preventing certain content from displaying.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wow, a Rockstar Store of their own, i'm going to join the masses of people who are shocked by this... oh wait, it was bloody obvious they would go this way since Social Club was a thing. Meh, there's nothing i want there anyway so it's a moot point for me.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Every single PS5 thread I swear.
Console gamers are the best. They have this childlike belief that is just so wholesome. I want to pat them on the head and say something like "Remember, the magic of Playstation 5 is in our hearts, child. Cherish it like ... I don't know Christmas or that time the hockey team won ... something feel good like that. pat pat.

Bless them. They think they're getting a $500 super computer with futuristic alien technology in it, generation after generation, just so they can play games. They never stop believing in Sony Santa and it warms my soul.

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
It's not out of character for me. :giggle:

On a certain well known forum I previously used, I kept hitting the limit of users ignored (1000).
And on twitter, the only social media I (barely) use, I surely have thousands of users blocked.

I really have no patience to deal with people who try to upset and antagonize other users, or who post stupid crap.
My twitter feed is a lot more enjoyable once I started "cleaning" it, and preventing certain content from displaying.
Yeah I guess it's inevitable that everyone gets to this point sooner or later, because sadly, some people are just idiots, some are disingenuous, and some just want to childishly wind people up. No good can come from engaging them unfortunately, even if I respect the willingness of some to pick apart the bullshit these console warriors try to spread as gospel. It's just that I feel that, for me personally at least, it's a war of attrition that demands way more patience, time and energy than what I have or feel that those trolls deserve.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Let's see if Rockstar is gonna pull Ubisoft by releasing on EGS and their own launcher.
To Ubisoft's credit they actually support the pc platform with several new AAA games every year. Their store makes sense for the most part.

R* on the other hand is has probably the worst support for PC gaming that you will ever see from a giant dev team. They don't give a shit about old games and they treat pc gamers like shit with late ports. Imagine investing time/money into their launcher which they will only give a shit about once every 5 years...for a brief period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.