Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018

Library update was already worth it.

Scrolled through all my games and saw a few artworks that I would hang up it my room as a framed poster. Some look really good. My favorite is currently probably the one for the Bradwell Conspiracy. REally vibing with the tone of orange they went with.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Rocket League completely dropped regional pricing.

Argentina: AR$ 224,99 to AR$1153,00
Brazil: R$ 36,99 to R$ 83,05
India: ₹ 565 to ₹ 1435
Mexico: Mex$ 179.99 Mex$ 400.05
Russia: 419 ₽ to 1331,05 ₽
Taiwan: NT$ 468 to NT$ 628
Turkey: ₺31,00 to ₺116,05

GOTY version pricing hasn't been updated yet tho.
Canada got jacked up too. $21.99 to $26.59.

Gee thanks

Adnor

Tetris Hell
Dec 11, 2018
Rocket League completely dropped regional pricing.

Argentina: AR$ 224,99 to AR$1153,00
Brazil: R$ 36,99 to R$ 83,05
India: ₹ 565 to ₹ 1435
Mexico: Mex$ 179.99 Mex$ 400.05
Russia: 419 ₽ to 1331,05 ₽
Taiwan: NT$ 468 to NT$ 628
Turkey: ₺31,00 to ₺116,05

GOTY version pricing hasn't been updated yet tho.
They removed the regional price here in Chile in July too.

The GOTY version is just 40 CLP (0,056 usd) more expensive.

Reactions: Samson and lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
More Humble Monthy unlocks... the two DLCs for Battletech in addition to the base game, and Sonic Mania.
Oh nice. Hmm one dlc is part of the season pass, dunno if I would want get it for this, but I wouldn't mind gifting Sonic Mania and battle tech if I got the bundle.
Hrmph, decisions, decisions....
Thing is, the Season Pass is base price $50, and this is one thing I would want to get for far cheaper than the base price ;P
If only this game had a 'complete your bundle option' for the season pass content @_@

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Can definitely confirm that Nicalis is a piece of shit publisher – after being surprised to find out (by looking in their email inbox) that we cancelled their license to publish 6 months ago, they first agreed to transfer the games over to us.

Well after the usual ghosting for a few weeks I today wake up to find that they just couldn’t be bothered, and just delisted Ittle Dew 2 from all console store fronts.

Another promise to us they just straight up broke – and a shitty move for the customers.

Now I’m gonna see if I can get them de-delisted or if I have to re-publish.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
Starting Celeste finally and it’s fantastic.

Flying without a guide, so I’m sure to miss stuff, but I came across a punishing little secret and got the “Real Gamer” achievement.

Now that I’m a real gamer, when do I get my fedora?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
15 hours into Greedfall and I've only done a handful of main story missions, hell I haven't even gotten Aphra to join my party! Been going around exploring, doing side quests etc. Managed to defeat at least 2 powerful boss enemies too!
Alas my particular stats are not high enough to start wearing stronger armor :blobweary:

Greedfall is some good RPG with the jank that doesn't detract from it.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Some updates, looks like my A2 Bring Arts is finally shipping!!! The Walmart seller told me that they are contacting their warehouse to see what the issue is and why my speakers have not shipped yet.

I feel like picking up that Zelda game now. I played the OG version (there was also a DX version for GBC) of it back in 2011 and I thought it was a nice game, I never finished it though.

SEGA has been updating the Steam library pictures, they have not updated all of them yet though. The VC1 does look "plain" though and looks like it's just the PS3 original cover, there is nothing wrong with that but for some reason it just bothers me.

I wonder if going forward if some will make good use of these new art covers.

During the holiday season I plan to upgrade my storage, I think I may just buy a new PSU though since I plan to hook up multiple drives. I currently have 3 that can be used with my build, but I actually have another 2 drives that are just there (with data on them) and I have enough sata ports but I just don't have enough power cables for them. They don't have that much capacity though, one of them is 80GB (I've had it since 2005) and the other is 250GB (which I have also had since around 2005 or so). I plan to get a 2TB SSD and a 1TB M.2 NVMe. When it comes to games while I do not play a lot of different games it does become a hassle just to download stuff in general since my internet speed is only 15 mbps (which is general is decent but not so much when it comes to download big files or uploading videos).

Right now a big portion of my 500GB SSD seems to be taken up by Nvidia Shadowplay videos so I'm uploading those to YouTube before deleting them off my drive. (I think it's over 100GB of videos that I will be uploading...)

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Finished Ryse: Son of Rome.

Do you know that kind of action movie that you don't even know what exactly is happening at most scenes but it still manages to get you hyped every now and then, and it's pretty pleasant to watch? This is Ryse.

I loved how vivid it looked and it is fairly well optimized; the game is plainly beautiful. Gameplay-wise it's serviceable, you just fight a bunch of guys by deflecting, beating them with your shield and slashing them with your shield until you can 'finish' them off with an execution. I didn't expect any kind of developed combo system and I didn't get any, so there's that. I gotta say though, boss fights aren't any good. It's mostly figuring a super simple pattern and waiting for it so you can attack and deliver 3 or 4 slashes before it resets. Despite that, beating up the 6 ~ 7 different kind of enemies is fun.

The game has some sections (plenty, actually), where you need to hold a place or a group of soldiers and avoid letting those take damage. It's not great mission design, but I honestly had little to no issues with it. As long as you don't sleep and let your enemies gang on the objective you need to defend it's pretty easy to pass through those stages, they are fairly short after all. Other special tasks, like one where you control your whole squad while enemy archers make fire arrows rain on them are pretty simple to understand and they don't over complicate these different tasks. Overall, the game didn't had any part that I'd call annoying other than the boss fight against Boudica.

The story isn't really remarkable or anything. I kinda liked Marius, the guy you play as, but I couldn't disagree with anyone who calls him generic. Now, the ending is pretty awful though and the game certainly could've some additional chapters (that's the price for being a launch title a guess). But even then I can't ignore how well-made cutscenes are, and how voice acting is top notch here, It's right on the level you'd expect from a high budget AAA game.

I definitely recommend Ryse if you want a linear short experience with a high production value. I had plenty fun with it.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Finished Ryse: Son of Rome.

Do you know that kind of action movie that you don't even know what exactly is happening at most scenes but it still manages to get you hyped every now and then, and it's pretty pleasant to watch? This is Ryse.

I loved how vivid it looked and it is fairly well optimized; the game is plainly beautiful. Gameplay-wise it's serviceable, you just fight a bunch of guys by deflecting, beating them with your shield and slashing them with your shield until you can 'finish' them off with an execution. I didn't expect any kind of developed combo system and I didn't get any, so there's that. I gotta say though, boss fights aren't any good. It's mostly figuring a super simple pattern and waiting for it so you can attack and deliver 3 or 4 slashes before it resets. Despite that, beating up the 6 ~ 7 different kind of enemies is fun.

The game has some sections (plenty, actually), where you need to hold a place or a group of soldiers and avoid letting those take damage. It's not great mission design, but I honestly had little to no issues with it. As long as you don't sleep and let your enemies gang on the objective you need to defend it's pretty easy to pass through those stages, they are fairly short after all. Other special tasks, like one where you control your whole squad while enemy archers make fire arrows rain on them are pretty simple to understand and they don't over complicate these different tasks. Overall, the game didn't had any part that I'd call annoying other than the boss fight against Boudica.

The story isn't really remarkable or anything. I kinda liked Marius, the guy you play as, but I couldn't disagree with anyone who calls him generic. Now, the ending is pretty awful though and the game certainly could've some additional chapters (that's the price for being a launch title a guess). But even then I can't ignore how well-made cutscenes are, and how voice acting is top notch here, It's right on the level you'd expect from a high budget AAA game.

I definitely recommend Ryse if you want a linear short experience with a high production value. I had plenty fun with it.
I played it some years ago, it has the perfect length so it never gets boring. I never played the co-op part.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is likely old news at this point and what not but it looks like Epic payed 505 almost $10 million USD in order to get a one year exclusivity for Control as a comparison $10 million USD is about how much 505 was making off Steam (all of 505's catalog)

I am not to sure about the specifics since I don't read the language (French??) but within a set amount of time 505 made more money off the Epic deal than they did from all of their games on Steam and also from the looks of it Steam in general is a big source of money for 505 and they make more money on there than they do on any one single console

so 505 would have needed to sell 250k copies on Steam in order to make $10 million USD?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
MUTHA FUUUU
I DID NOT KNOW YU-NO RELEASES SO SOON

edit: btw not sure if this is the case for all games now, but if there is free dlc for a f2p game you want, do the following to claim it
1- Choose to install base game, while in steam client, choose cancel to cancel the download. This ties the game to your account
2- You can now dot he same for the free dlc

edit2
When you couldn't convince Cartoon Network to greenlight your We Bare Bears game

Last edited:

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Another F2P mobile game coming to Steam, this time its from Korea. ALso, only contains Japanese voices for unknown reasons.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
... mildly upset with myself because I gacha'd my Switch Lite savings away. :face-with-cold-sweat: On the bright side, I did manage to secure my Queen. :cat-heart-blob:

All is right with the world.

And I have Sunday and Monday off. \o/
Just gotta get through a 10-hour shift later.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
FYI, Steam does not apply regional pricing in my country yet, as opposed to my neighbouring countries AND EVERYTIME I ASK THEM ABOUT IT THEY IGNORE ME, SOMEBODY PLS HARASS THEM IN MY STEAD TO GET SOM MORE REGIONAL PRICES UPDATED ALREADY

This was my cart a while ago

It is now empty
It will have a handful of games I will buy this Monday...if not just one.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yo, totally firgot about Yu-No game, been slowly watching the animu anf its tge good kind of nuts. The y ate the dragon girl (ep22)
Really curious about the game
What is this Yu-No VN I keep reading about ? There is an anime too ?
Is it a classic ? A new thing ? Pls explain :cat-pizza-blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.