Community MetaSteam | September 2019 - Valve, I Know What You Did Last Summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Revealed content
True Fear GOG discount code
36BZPH4LRXDWKSVHQZ

Paradigm discount
RC6HXMICBZ0MHGS6FI

The 25th Ward Silver Case GOG discount code
4VVHDCCDYI7KGLZBZF

True Fear 2
ZY3FPK1ZF4IG8Q0TLA
Here are GOG discount codes that expire on the 23rd, please feel free to use them~

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
In the last 3 days I've bought 13 games (of which 7 where on my wishlist) for 10 bucks and Steam Deep Dive suggested me 7 interesting looking free single player indies.

I still have not played more of Tyranny :/

But I played through The Hex, which was very good and is very recommended (Pony Island dev). What I learned from it, among other things, is that apparently a lot of folks here like Super Weasel Kid and lashman killed Durante with his bare hands.

Also Legrand Legacy is making a pretty nice impression with its first 3 hours. The Live2D stuff looks so good.

I do remember that Hektor played it when it came out and if I remember right it suffers from some terrible design designs later on.... Welp, I'll see.
Well, it was only the final dungeon.
However, i never finished the game because of it despite liking it a lot.
:NotLikeDis:

a long insta-fail stealth maze puzzle

Reactions: Ascheroth

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Resident Evil 5 in co-op is neat IMO.

Also Steam needs to include YEAR OF RELEASE or such in the dynamic category creator. I want to see if I can beat a variety of 2019 games during the next year at least, and move my way down :p

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Resident Evil 5 in co-op is neat IMO.

Also Steam needs to include YEAR OF RELEASE or such in the dynamic category creator. I want to see if I can beat a variety of 2019 games during the next year at least, and move my way down :p
You can sort a collection by year of release.

So I guess you could just make a Dynamic "Single Player" collection and change the sort to that.

What I would like is having a filter "Exclude games in this collection".
Then I could exclude all my games in the "Completed" collection and just get dynamic collection with unplayed games :)

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I know its impossible but it would be interesting to know how much money i actually spent on my steam account over the last 15 years. (ie. what I payed for bundles, individual games, wouldnt take into account free games, ect.)

Reactions: PC-tan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
You can see your transactions in your account page and i once copy/pasted it and did some search/replace and csv editing to get the numbers but i can't remember what it was. I'd have to do the same for about 5 sale sites to get bundles etc and eh, effort.

Reactions: arts&crafts

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Why does this random no name boxing/test your strength arcade game I found have Jin from Tekken 4 on it? 😕
Jin is cool as hell. It has been ages since I last played a Tekken game but I remember loving almost every character in TK4 and 5, their designs were just too good.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
You can sort a collection by year of release.

So I guess you could just make a Dynamic "Single Player" collection and change the sort to that.

What I would like is having a filter "Exclude games in this collection".
Then I could exclude all my games in the "Completed" collection and just get dynamic collection with unplayed games :)
I have 2000 games :v when i did set to release order it list 2019 and prior years all in thr one caregory i created.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Share your custom artwork!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I have seen this a lot. Is it that these kind of expansions share similar depots or something on Steam, and it's easy for devs to "overlook" them?
i don't think so? i mean - otherwise they'd just show up as DLC ... not as separate packages

maybe JaseC will have the answer

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Share your custom artwork!
Posted a link to the ones i've put together. Not amazing, but they work for me

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Actually something I've only just thought of, how does the new library update handle games that were hidden?

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Overall like the new client but I opted out from beta and use Threshold again.
Will go back to new official once family sharing options get better. Browsing each library and seeing game numbers is too good.

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
I cant handle the new client until they bring back my slim list mode since thats all I use.
I also use the Air skin which is great, the skin developer released one last update for the newer client that maybe I will try.
Ugh I hope they didnt just kill off skins because Valve's UI design is just not so great, and skins have always been the savior.
Maybe I will play around with the last update from the Air developer.

Was really hoping their new update would be feature rich but also very skinnable, and allow people to turn off features,
to get a much more streamlined look and super optimized feel if they wanted.
I will have to take a closer look at playnite and gog 2.0 now.

Valve UI has so much noise, and platform features I just could care less about lol.
Vertical art triggers me, it just looks so cheesy, would love options for that as well.
I loved my textless grid , with no space in between. It was like an art gallery, no touching, no playing of course ha ha.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Well, you can edit css but updates would overwrite it. But technically at least partially possible.
But looks like at least some CSS classnames are autogenerated*, so you'd need to change those for every release.

* seemingly random(?) suffix, so you could script to update based on first parts, I guess...

Maybe they'll have official skins, but I wouldn't count on Valve...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So my speakers finally shipped.... And the estimated arrive date is now.. almost 2 weeks after I ordered them.... So I saved $20USD compared to Amazon but it took me almost 2 weeks to get my item compared to 1-2 days that Amazon was offering...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀

I don't have GTA V on PC but is that the image that it has? I thought Rockstar "threw it out" because of the lawsuit and that's why it's not in the PS4 and Xbox some versions of the game and the PC version also doesn't have that image.

This is a dumb and unnecessary feature...but one that I would like... Is of the cover art changed and was linked with achievements. What do I mean? Take Yakuza 0 as an example it would have a default cover art but as you progressed in the game (and because achievements typically are story related/tied) the cover art would change to something new. So default cover art for the beginning of the game, it would change to Kiryu then it would change to Majima and so forth. And then once you beat the game, credits roll you would see a special cover art letting you know that you beat the game.

It would require a bit of work but it would be cool.

The friend activity feed being at the top would be nice, I didn't see it in my library.

By the way have I talked to you guys about DMM Games? Since it seems they are doing their own form of "exclusives" for PC games in Japan

Reactions: lashman and Wok

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
With Original PC-98 Graphics? I want it! Teach me your ways!
Sadly my Japanese isn't anywhere near good enough to play the PC-98 version in its entirety. :02sad:

I can tell you that playing it in RetroArch is an absolute treat. The Neko Project II Kai core performed much better than Anex86, T86-Next, etc. The FM emulation is almost perfect (Some people are complaining about missing audio channels, but since I don't have a real PC-98, I don't know whether it is true or not). Also in RetroArch you can disable integer scaling or 1:1 PAR so you can fill the entire 16:9 screen if you like.

I had to settle with playing the ELF Classics version with various patches, it's pretty much the only option available if we want to play it in English. It's not without its faults, however:
  • The game resolution is only 640x400 so I need to use DxWnd to be able to use proper integer scaling.
  • There is no volume control so the voiced dialogue sometimes can be hard to hear on top of the FM music.
  • Subsequently, while the FM music patch is recorded at 44.1Khz, its fidelity is obviously inferior when compared with FM emulation, let alone the real hardware.
  • The game is a DirectX7 game so no Steam overlay, which mean I had to use some other means to be able to take screenshots.
  • The English script is starting to show its age, somewhat. It is faithful to the voiced lines, though.
Let me know if you want more detailed help configuring either version though. Due to the disappearance of TLWiki, those patches for the ELF Classics version are hard to come by (I think someone asked for this in another thread awhile back). :02notes:

Speaking of English scripts.

:02kawaii:

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Sadly my Japanese isn't anywhere near good enough to play the PC-98 version in its entirety. :02sad:

I can tell you that playing it in RetroArch is an absolute treat. The Neko Project II Kai core performed much better than Anex86, T86-Next, etc. The FM emulation is almost perfect (Some people are complaining about missing audio channels, but since I don't have a real PC-98, I don't know whether it is true or not). Also in RetroArch you can disable integer scaling or 1:1 PAR so you can fill the entire 16:9 screen if you like.

I had to settle with playing the ELF Classics version with various patches, it's pretty much the only option available if we want to play it in English. It's not without its faults, however:
  • The game resolution is only 640x400 so I need to use DxWnd to be able to use proper integer scaling.
  • There is no volume control so the voiced dialogue sometimes can be hard to hear on top of the FM music.
  • Subsequently, while the FM music patch is recorded at 44.1Khz, its fidelity is obviously inferior when compared with FM emulation, let alone the real hardware.
  • The game is a DirectX7 game so no Steam overlay, which mean I had to use some other means to be able to take screenshots.
  • The English script is starting to show its age, somewhat. It is faithful to the voiced lines, though.
Let me know if you want more detailed help configuring either version though. Due to the disappearance of TLWiki, those patches for the ELF Classics version are hard to come by (I think someone asked for this in another thread awhile back). :02notes:

Speaking of English scripts.

:02kawaii:
Is there an 02 emoji with a ping?

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Couple things being added to Atelier Ryza after launch.

Wave 1

Date: October 10, 2019

Photo Mode

The Photo Mode will be immediately available after the update, and lets you put Ryza and her friends into a various amount of situations.

Lamb Lost-kun No. 2 High Score Bonus Game

A special ancient artifact that specializes in taking hits. Depending on the total damage, combo chain, and other things you do to Lamb Lost-kun No. 2, you’ll be able to earn Gems based on your score.

Puni Raising Feature ‘Me and My Puni’

You’ll also become able to raise Punis, and it will change in stats and type depending on what you feed it. You can also send it on journeys so that it may bring back helpful items. The feature will be available midway through the story.

Wave 2

Date: October 2019

Difficulty and Advanced Exploration Patch

Some skills will be strengthened, the level cap will increase, and more customization can be done for weapons when strengthening them.

Meanwhile, the new hardest difficulty Legend will be available.

Wave 3

Date: November 2019

Free update increasing level cap of gathering areas from 99 to 200. Some strong monsters will now appear on the field.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It's going to be a repeat of 1,000+ shots of 2B without her dress taken at a narrow angle all over again. :02shout:
Disgusting.
Look i am straight and if i see something to my liking..well inwould react accordingly but over time it just becomes offputting.
I am likely not getting it down the line. I will wishlist it prob. but may remove it eventually.
I can overlook things in favour of gameplay but in due time and due to amount of games i would want or have some things will fall off.

Reactions: Wok and Kvik
Status
Not open for further replies.