Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

i think the beta is somehow messing up your library entry because it does have all the art for me :(
Weird, I just installed it to see if it fixed things for me, and when it's the "big" icon (displayed for the last game played), it displays fine.
But, in my library "grid view", or when it's not the last game played, it doesn't feature proper art.

I see this:

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Thanks to my new GPU (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti), I have entered the 60-fps-club. At least for playing Spyro, which was the most demanding game which I own and could not play. I have also tried Yooka² and it is the same: 60 fps. So good, compared to what I used to have. It is a jump from 1 GB VRAM to 4 GB. The GPU temperature is surprisingly low (35°C in-game) with CPU temperature (45°C), so both lower than what I used to see (60°C-70°C). Worth it.

Last edited:

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

Also Bloodborne remaster will be announced for PS5 at launch and PC version is probably 6 months later or something like that.

Honestly if they can get Demon Souls remake and Bloodborne remaster at launch with both doing 4k 60fps...that will be a pretty decent launch. Bloodborne remaster would actually be a good PS+ title at launch.
Timed exclusivity on BBR would suck ass. Really hope they don't intend on making us wait longer than we already have.

Reactions: Shahem
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Weird, I just installed it to see if it fixed things for me, and when it's the "big" icon (displayed for the last game played), it displays fine.
But, in my library "grid view", or when it's not the last game played, it doesn't feature proper art.

I see this:

yeah .... must be the beta fucking something up then :(

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

hmmmm ... if the beta is a separate entry in your library - you might try deleting it from your account ... maybe that'll help
No, it isn't. It's the same entry (probably the reason why my time with the beta of the game shows in my gameplay totals on Steam).

The developer revoked the beta keys out of the blue just before it announced the EGS deal, so before today, I didn't have any library entry.
Also, I didn't have any files from the beta on this PC (I deleted everything at the time). Weird.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
No, it isn't. It's the same entry (probably the reason why my time with the beta of the game shows in my gameplay totals on Steam).

The developer revoked the beta keys out of the blue just before it announced the EGS deal, so before today, I didn't have any library entry.
Also, I didn't have any files from the beta on this PC (I deleted everything at the time). Weird.
crap ... then i guess the beta package is still associated with the app

in that case - your only option is to contact support and tell them to revoke the beta package (apparently the devs revoking the key didn't disassociate the package from your account ... somehow) ... and hope they can do it :(

Deleted member 113

crap ... then i guess the beta package is still associated with the app

in that case - your only option is to contact support and tell them to revoke the beta package (apparently the devs revoking the key didn't disassociate the package from your account ... somehow) ... and hope they can do it :(
I just launched the game, and the saves from the beta are there... :confused:

Anyway, I managed to fix it!
I searched around, and I found that the artwork icons are stored in Steam's "librarycache" folder.
I opened it, and searched for the app id of the game, and noticed the image that was there is the one I was getting, not yours.
I tried deleting all the images of this app id, and closing Steam. When I opened it again, it seems Steam will download it as needed, and now I have the proper artwork. :blobcheer:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Anyway, I managed to fix it!
I searched around, and I found that the artwork icons are stored in Steam's "librarycache" folder.
I opened it, and searched for the app id of the game, and noticed the image that was there is the one I was getting, not yours.
I tried deleting all the images of this app id, and closing Steam. When I opened it again, it seems Steam will download it as needed, and now I have the proper artwork. :blobcheer:
woohoo! :) sweet

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

Also Bloodborne remaster will be announced for PS5 at launch and PC version is probably 6 months later or something like that.

Honestly if they can get Demon Souls remake and Bloodborne remaster at launch with both doing 4k 60fps...that will be a pretty decent launch. Bloodborne remaster would actually be a good PS+ title at launch.
I fully expect the PC version not to launch at the same time. 6 months is a bit more than I expect, more like 3 months or so.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
A PS launcher?

This is by far the best outcome and you know it. A PS Launcher = more incentive for Sony to bring their games to PC, easier to greenlight PC versions for the higher ups.

They are focused on the PSN ecosystem and a platform on PC would fit into that.

Reactions: QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This is by far the best outcome and you know it. A PS Launcher = more incentive for Sony to bring their games to PC, easier to greenlight PC versions for the higher ups.

The best outcome for me is to be able to play their games through Steam so I can take use of Steams many features. I have no doubt a PC launcher will be either crap or mediocre, anything else would be a positive suprise. If anything a PC launcher will be an afterthought if their strategy will only be about certain PS4 titles on PC.

If they actually cared about expanding their audience to PC they would be putting their games also on Steam.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
DS3 uses the exact same engine as Bloodborne. In fact, they’re so similar that modders have ported Bloodborne maps to DS3 with little to no issues.
That's not exactly how engines work, it has no doubt been iterated and worked on a great deal between BB and DS3, and BB's game code is tied to that previous iteration. I wouldn't assume that the work is that easy, between porting assets and a whole game, there's a world of difference.

Case in point : Death Stranding and Horizon.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If Bloodborne came to PC only through a PC launcher I would actually probably not buy it.

I've played the game to death on PS4, checked out every corner and cranny, definetly put at least 150 hours into it.

I want to play Bloodborne on PC, but not enough to buy it through their own launcher.

If they want my money, release the game on Steam.

If Horizon Zero Dawn only released on a PC launcher I would definetly not buy it. I almost didn't buy it, but I wanted it on Steam, so I bought it there.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
The best outcome for me is to be able to play their games through Steam so I can take use of Steams many features. I have no doubt a PC launcher will be either crap or mediocre, anything else would be a positive suprise. If anything a PC launcher will be an afterthought if their strategy will only be about certain PS4 titles on PC.

If they actually cared about expanding their audience to PC they would be putting their games also on Steam.
I don't think a PS launcher would mean exclusives to that platform. But Sony are a platform holder and if they want to truly expand to PC they need the software to do it.
If they want to port multiplayer games to PC a launcher would not be a bad idea.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I wouldnt call 2 remasters a good launch
2 long rpgs with replay value, co-op and pvp. One of which is full on remake of an old game most PS5/PS4 owners never played.

It would be a very good launch. So much better than PS4 and PS3 launch games.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
About Sony presence on PC, as I said last time we had this conversation (was last month IIRC) the thing to be expected from them is to follow MS's path by releasing their stuff everywhere, Steam, EGS and eventually a PS launcher when that's ready (and will probably take time)

About the potential reveal of a Bloodborne or a FF16, same as always, low your expectations and you won't get disappointed because most of the time the events are disappointing as most of the stuff we want it's not getting revealed, am I saying we are not getting news? no, I can't possibly know but it's not the first Sony event of the summer that has been less than some of you expected, so please, calm down.

Everything will happen over time, give time to time, that's it.

Have a happy Saturday and enjoy the weekend, we will see next week :cat-heart-blob:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
About Sony presence on PC, as I said last time we had this conversation (was last month IIRC) the thing to be expected from them is to follow MS's path by releasing their stuff everywhere, Steam, EGS and eventually a PS launcher when that's ready (and will probably take time)

About the potential reveal of a Bloodborne or a FF16, same as always, low your expectations and you won't get disappointed because most of the time the events are disappointing as most of the stuff we want it's not getting revealed, am I saying we are not getting news? no, I can't possibly know but it's not the first Sony event of the summer that has been less than some of you expected, so please, calm down.

Everything will happen over time, give time to time, that's it.

Have a happy Saturday and enjoy the weekend, we will see next week :cat-heart-blob:
I'm not expecting anything from their PS5-era on PC anytime soon. I fully expect more of their PS4 catalogue to trickle down to PC over time.
The question is when will they reveal more of it.

I think it makes sense to work on a digital PC storefront of their own.

Deleted member 113

Tbh there os some charm in these visuals
I think so too. ;)
I just mentioned the "dated visuals" because a lot of people take one look at the screenshots/video, see it looking like a 90's game, and won't even bother checking what the game's about. :giggle:

I believe the game is being done by a single developer, and considering that, it looks pretty decent.
I mean, it already looks better than Mount & Blade looked when I bought it early in its development process (years before it reached Steam). :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Speaking of early development, I found this 4 year old video of an earlier version of the game on the developers youtube account:

I always enjoy watching how a game changes, and improves over time during production.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think it makes sense to work on a digital PC storefront of their own.
And they will but nowadays the winner is the one that expands the most, even having their own service, see MS, EA or Bethesda, they all 3 have their own services but in the middle of their strategies there is this expansionism that makes then to put their products on as many services as possible to gain the max. profit possible.

Both things are not incompatible between them.

You know who's doing the idiotic thing here? Ubi, by not expanding but retracting with the illusion of gaining total control, you know the result? from 34% to 20% of profit in the PC platform.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
We will get a Sony launcher once they start to expand PS Now into a proper service on PC in the same way that MS refocus on Windows happened thanks to Gamepass. Which is not now or even in 2 years time. Otherwise, it is a ton of work for little gain (because who the fuck would buy a game in Sony launcher in PC?)

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
One day sakura wars will happen as well...
Interest in releasing on more platforms was already expressed in an interview. Sadly, Sega is really slow with their ports so it might take a while. Honestly, I have no idea how a publisher that big still takes a minimum of 6 months to localize a game and often releases only on one platform when other Japanese publishers release on 3-4 platforms simultaneously worldwide. There has to be something seriously wrong with their pipeline or their localization team is severely understaffed.

Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Finally getting around to playing through Last Remnant after 11 years of owning it as my very first steam game.

First thing's first: Applying SSGSS AA and editting the .ini of the game has helped improve the visuals, game looks nice and clean.

Secondly, Rush Sykes the worst protagonist I've ever had the displeasure of suffering with in an RPG let alone a video game, he is so brain dead shonen it fucking hurts.
Why couldn't the game have been about these guys instead as they go around investing stuff and defeating baddies?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I Install a shit ton of CRPG.... then plug the battery of my old DS to maybe finally play TWEWY.
I may have issues.

Reactions: Rogue Agent

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020

Personally speaking I would prefer all my games to be on Steam. Not even because of the social features or anything, but just to have everything in one place. It's nice to look at my collection all in one window. Of course, no one can stop Sony from releasing their games on an exclusive storefront if they choose. That will likely take years to happen though.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I would argue that the best single outcome is either the game being distributed as a DRM-free .exe through GoG/others or being on multiple platforms, including Steam where the user experience is arguably the best.

Given the state HZD was released in as well as their general corporate struggles and various disasters along the years, I am not exactly confident in Sony's ability to uphold the standards for consumers expected of a PC platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.