Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Pretty much, I mean, some of us (I include myself) would be those players who enjoy games and encourage devs to keep doing their best with our feedback, however and unfortunately that's not very helpful as a metric anyway, I'm glad people like Tom goes straight to this problem and comments about it. :cat-heart-blob:

Now that we are talking about Steam, this happened, wonder if it's a consequence of Microsoft Flight Simulator heavy server load that made downloads slower, in any case it seems like an advice and not as a requirement, just to avoid that kind of situations.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I haven't bought a Ubi game since Odyssey actually where money goes to Ubi, I bought Division 2 on CDKeys.

For upcoming games like Legion, Valhalla, Scott Pilgrim etc. I plan to play as many as possible through one month of Uplay+ and then get the game dirtcheap down the road, maybe Ubi is back on Steam by then.

Reactions: Ge0force

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I feel like I should probably delete some of those 20+ gacha games I have installed on my phone

That said I completed my Dragon Age collection on steam by purchasing DA2 as well as Caligula and Divinity OS2

Reactions: Cacher

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Speaking of gachas, Genshin Impact's little pre-release scratch tickets is not putting me in the mood.
Do people really like those systems?
I don't even care about the RNG aspect, I just don't see how clicking multiple times to get one of the rewardq is supposed to be more fun.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Speaking of gachas, Genshin Impact's little pre-release scratch tickets is not putting me in the mood.
Do people really like those systems?
I don't even care about the RNG aspect, I just don't see how clicking multiple times to get one of the rewardq is supposed to be more fun.
It's just a pre-release event because people are so excited to play. Also, the audience loves rolling for random luck, so yeah.

It only takes a few minutes each day anyway, and the rewards are not must haves.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Where can we follow pax x egx, the official site is a mess, I can't see where they'll even be streaming, there are all kinds of diff categories, where will games be?
This game (& others?) released its pax x egx demo already.

Also unrelated.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Bloodborne Remaster for PC & PS5 has to be announced there. They can't sit on this one forever.
Sure, no PC mentioned on stage but confirmed via blog post.
I wouldn't hope too much. There's been nary a whisper lately about it so I'm guessing it has yet to go through a lot of work. And really, given the performance I can see why.

Reactions: QFNS and Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I wouldn't hope too much. There's been nary a whisper lately about it so I'm guessing it has yet to go through a lot of work. And really, given the performance I can see why.
Do you know something or are you just speculating ? Can you at least confirm Bloodborne on PC is something that Sony intend to release ? Just blink if you can't answer. :)

Regardless, it might not be in a shippable state but making it official sonner rather than later would only strengthen the PS5. Bloodborne is so revered among Playstation fans.

Incidentally, it would also confirm a PC version.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
So... about the PAX and EGX online event, NISA will be there.
September 17

• 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – NIS America News and Exciting Announcement (Twitch) – News on upcoming titles, a look at our 2021 lineup, AND a new localization announcement!? Our panel has it all! Join us for an inside look at the future of NIS America, including gameplay and a Q&A!

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
do we know i its just requriement every startum or you have to be online whole way through?
from some of the reddit comments it sounds like it only requires it at startup. if you lose internet while playing, the game will complain and nag you to log in but not boot you out.

can definitely confirm this is a pc only thing too, cause my xbox copy doesn't care either way.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Im really hoping Hades cheevos will be retroactive. Gonna suck hard if they aren't.
On the Steam forums, a Supergiant rep said that the achievements you could only conceivably get once in a save file will be granted retroactively (e.g. achievements tied to fulfilling certain prophecies), whereas the rest will have to be gotten through play. A fair balance, I think!

Speaking of Hades, I am really enjoying it. I've played it for over 50 hours now, and I can easily see myself putting in another 50. Still, I think I'm gonna ease off a little until it's out of EA. I'm still a bit unsure whether I'll start a new save. I began quite late in development, after the Blood Price update came out, so it'll be interesting to know whether I'll have to restart to see everything or if the new content is all back loaded so to speak. I'd be fine either way, but it would be nice if I could just continue from where I left off.

I am not very big on roguelikes, but this combat system is so damn good. I love just playing it, slamming those buttons. The other roguelike that grabbed me like this was Into the Breach, but that was more cerebrally satisfying, while in Hades it's just so good at the most elementary level of button pressing. It's so crunchy and mechanically sound. Pure fun. There are few games that grab me in this very specific way, and it's always great to find another one.

Last edited:
Reactions: fearthedawn

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I changed my mind on the "6.300.563 different streams to replace two big events" thing. I thought I was going to like it before the E3 it but now I'm sick of a billion meaningless events to watch. Give me two big events and then shut up.

Last edited:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
So PC news announcement on wednesday in a blog post or something or what the fuck.
Unless related to the PS5 in some way I would not expect any PC announcements. Hence why Bloodborne could happen since it's coming to PS5 as well as PC.

I'm still banking on Sony working on an official Playstation Launcher/Store for PC and the games that our Queen spoke of would launch with it.

Reactions: QFNS

Deleted member 113

I'm not sure if you all remember Operencia: The Stolen Sun, a "blobber" by Zen Studios (the developers behind the Pinball FX series) that was announced in 2019 with a trailer asking for people to wishlist the game on Steam, it ran a beta test of the game on Steam (that I was a part of), only to then launch on the EGS and Windows store, but not... Steam.

I enjoyed my time with the beta test, and it was actually a game I was really looking forward to, but after the crap they pulled it was relegated to a "wait for a bundle, or a big sale" status on my end.
Anyway, the Explorer's Edition of the game is currently 50%+ off, and since I have been selling cards on the Steam marketplace, and I had enough funds, I went for it, since the price was decent for a one year old game, and I felt even better by getting it and not spending any of my actual money. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Would you believe they pretty much just dumped the game on Steam, and didn't even bother doing any minimal work to fit it to the platform, like adding cover art for the library icon? (EDIT: it seems the lack of proper cover art was on my end, because I was a beta tester, and Steam kept the files from back then).
Also, it's funny, but the playing time I had with the beta shows up in my game totals on Steam, as if I had already played that amount of time before.
I wonder how it would go, if I was to attempt to refund the game. Would it be denied, because I had 2+ hours of playing time, even before buying the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Do you know something or are you just speculating ? Can you at least confirm Bloodborne on PC is something that Sony intend to release ? Just blink if you can't answer. :)

Regardless, it might not be in a shippable state but making it official sonner rather than later would only strengthen the PS5. Bloodborne is so revered among Playstation fans.

Incidentally, it would also confirm a PC version.
Oh I know jack shit, I'm not an insider or anything. But from what we could hear, the project was being heavily QA'd - hence the leaks - and was still from the looks of it being worked on intensively. Porting a game to PC whose engine was solely applied to a console, and with such issues that it was never patched... That has to take a fair amount of work and time. That's why I'm not really seeing it being released in 2020, but who knows? That's my own guesswork :).

I don't give a crap about the PS5 or new consoles though, they aren't really my thing even though the games are.

Reactions: Tomasety and Shahem

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I wonder how it would go, if I was to attempt to refund the game. Would it be denied, because I had 2+ hours of playing time, even before buying the game?
Refunds should only count 2 hours you spent after buying the game. I played a game during a free weekend for like 4 hours and bought it a few weeks later and refunded it after 30 minutes of play time (so 4.5 total). The refund request got denied but I contacted support about it and after a 3 message back and forth I got a refund.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Would you believe they pretty much just dumped the game on Steam, and didn't even bother doing any minimal work to fit it to the platform, like adding cover art for the library icon?
i think the beta is somehow messing up your library entry because it does have all the art for me :(

but yeah - their excuse for having shit price on launch (steam launch) was absolutely pathetic

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Oh I know jack shit, I'm not an insider or anything. But from what we could hear, the project was being heavily QA'd - hence the leaks - and was still from the looks of it being worked on intensively. Porting a game to PC whose engine was solely applied to a console, and with such issues that it was never patched... That has to take a fair amount of work and time. That's why I'm not really seeing it being released in 2020, but who knows? That's my own guesswork :).

I don't give a crap about the PS5 or new consoles though, they aren't really my thing even though the games are.
Well I guess we will see. There has been a second pass of QA apparently. According to Queen, someone with inside sources :
"i know bloodborne god of war and sushi are very much in there last stages and relatively can be announced whenever"

Come on Sony, just let us know already. :)

Reactions: Echoes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Bloodborne Remaster for PC & PS5 has to be announced there. They can't sit on this one forever.
Sure, no PC mentioned on stage but confirmed via blog post.
FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS

Also Bloodborne remaster will be announced for PS5 at launch and PC version is probably 6 months later or something like that.

Honestly if they can get Demon Souls remake and Bloodborne remaster at launch with both doing 4k 60fps...that will be a pretty decent launch. Bloodborne remaster would actually be a good PS+ title at launch.

Reactions: Shahem
Status
Not open for further replies.