Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Is there a way for a gamepass subscriber to buy months in advance ? Just thinking about stopping the sub vs buying multiple cheap months.
You can. I used that to subscribe for the old price until end of this year.
You need to first cancel your subscription, on the Microsoft website. Then have the gamepass App open on the side, and go to Settings, and click under manage on the subscription you currently have. It will open another screen, where you can then select "Extend". This button is only available here, not on the Microsoft site directly, and only after you cancelled your subscription. Selecting Extend on the app, sends you back to the Microsoft site, but now you can click Extend again here to start a payment (Paypal in my case).

You can then repeat this again and again, cancel subscription, go to extend (in the App), buy one more month, and so on.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
fokkusu Well, that's the Oculus platform utterly dead to me. How to kill your service by putting advertising data first.

Li Kao There was some talk of getting Game Pass cheap over on PC Era this weekend. I think. I didn't look into it as i don't have an XBox so i don't know if it's Xbox Game Pass or PC Game Pass or whatever.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That reminds me that I need to sell my Rift S while it's still doable.
I don't have the space, and now I have a cat, too much troubles.
And I didn't play Alyx.

I will give back my Steam Gamer card at the entrance :weary-face:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I really have a terrible feeling about this, considering that ARM is poised to enter the desktop at some point.

Not to mention nvidia's behavior is pretty terrible in general. I really, really don't want them to grow any bigger.

This would be right at home in the Battle of the Tims topic. What the fuck, requiring anything to access the capabilities of your device is just sleazy and probably illegal.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
You can. I used that to subscribe for the old price until end of this year.
You need to first cancel your subscription, on the Microsoft website. Then have the gamepass App open on the side, and go to Settings, and click under manage on the subscription you currently have. It will open another screen, where you can then select "Extend". This button is only available here, not on the Microsoft site directly, and only after you cancelled your subscription. Selecting Extend on the app, sends you back to the Microsoft site, but now you can click Extend again here to start a payment (Paypal in my case).

You can then repeat this again and again, cancel subscription, go to extend (in the App), buy one more month, and so on.
Hmm, yeah, looks like it. Don't know yet if I give enough of a fuck about GP to buy months in advance (and a xbox pad down the line).
But it's tempting, for sure. The gaming service war is still in the phase where the customer is winning.

I doubt these screenshots show it properly but Last Remnant with SSGSS AA has nice clarity
Noice !
Is the Steam version of The Last Remnant still the broken mess it was on console where the less you level up the better or something, or is it a traditionnaly playable JRPG ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Should i be unreasonable and buy an rtx3080?
Buy the shawarma machine instead
Hmm, yeah, looks like it. Don't know yet if I give enough of a fuck about GP to buy months in advance (and a xbox pad down the line).
But it's tempting, for sure. The gaming service war is still in the phase where the customer is winning.

Noice !
Is the Steam version of The Last Remnant still the broken mess it was on console where the less you level up the better or something, or is it a traditionnaly playable JRPG ?
Seems to be the former
There are trainers that help reduce ur level so bosses arent impossible

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
And I didn't play Alyx.

I dunno what I will do with my Rift S... hrm. Shame, it's a good headset otherwise. But I also dont have the space for VR anymore, really.
VR is nice but also a hassle to setup... until we have treadmills or something for real full body movements thats more than just a few steps before you hit the wall (or step on your cat), it'll remain something for people with dedicated VR spaces.

Also, I quit playing Alyx some chapters in after I lost interest. :grimacing-face:

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Can I resell my Rift S without Facebook troubles and shenanigans ? I mean it must be registered to my name, and for every hardware in history, it's totally not an issue, but it's Facebook. Better ask than having trouble with a potential transaction.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
And I didn't play Alyx.

Could you go via the side door so nobody can see you leave, please? Thanks.

Dammit!

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I think I'll keep my Rift S until all the Facebook crap becomes mandatory in 2023. I feel it'll be a pretty obsolete headset by then anyway so I'll get a new one at that time.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Can I resell my Rift S without Facebook troubles and shenanigans ? I mean it must be registered to my name, and for every hardware in history, it's totally not an issue, but it's Facebook. Better ask than having trouble with a potential transaction.
I think you can resell it no problem, but the person who buys it might need to use Facebook login to use it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Monday to you all. :/

Anyhow, couple of things:

-I'm calling it, its officially Autumn in the Northeastern USA. Technically we're 8 days out but with the start of the NFL season, some very seasonable weather and prime hiking season coming into focus, I'm ready.
-Deep Rock Galactic is a Gem, despite just how long it takes to really get into the meat of the game.
-I now have over 515 hours clocked in The Binding of Issac Rebirth
-
I'm not very good at playing lots of video games and finishing any of them

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I think I'll keep my Rift S until all the Facebook crap becomes mandatory in 2023. I feel it'll be a pretty obsolete headset by then anyway so I'll get a new one at that time.
That's basically my attitude. But now it's a lame duck platform, I'm not buying any more games on Oculus Store. I only grabbed the exclusives on it anyway, but now that drops to 0.

SteamVR all the way for me.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
after lone echo, i'll keep buying whatever ready at dawn puts out as far as single player games. that's about it as far as oculus exclusives for me though.

i also don't see myself changing headsets for a while either. i'm not going to go backwards with wired vr so i'll just wait til there's a worthwhile wireless upgrade from what i have now.

Reactions: C-Dub and ISee

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Finished the No Place for Bravery demo on the Pax thingie.

It's good though rough around the edges. I don't know what they plan to do with the buttons but putting healing behind a button combination is not optimal. Often times my character would swing his sword instead of healing. Sometimes the window that brings up the healing doesn't disappear so when I wanted to parry it used an item instead.
There are also instances where the camera zooms out too much so the animation is hard to see. Which is not that great if you want to get your parry windows.

There is also a mechanic that I don't quite get. After you bring an enemy's healthbar to zero you need to execute them in order for them to die and drop items. You can do that either after the battle or during your combo by hitting the A button when they have a yellow circle on them. While I could see the point for the quick execution as a mechanic that gives you health or stance back. However I didn't see it doing any of that. Enemies didn't stand up either and there were like two or three item drops . Maybe it will be different in the game later one or it was a bug but I really hope they look into this because it feels like they are close to something here.

Even if I only listed the negatives here I am really positive on it and think it is one to look at for the future. Pixelart is good (though I am not a fan of the characters which remind me too much of Shower with your Dad Simulator with their faces. Was never a fan of that) especially in the environments. Combat system is solid. Soundtrack is great. Game has the potential to be really good and only held back by many different little cuts

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
gabbo He's another really clever developer that hold silly ideals and just plain wrong views and last week JB tweeted that if your conference has bowed to pressure from "Cancel-Culture" and uninvited anyone then don't even think of asking JB to appear, ever.
I think a developer he knows was uninvited from a conference once they realised the views he tweeted which sparked this tweet storm from JB. JB always seemed really clever but a bit too pretentious for my liking but from what people have said about his tweets i'm kinda glad i didn't bother reading what he says.

Reactions: Li Kao and QFNS

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
gabbo He's another really clever developer that hold silly ideals and just plain wrong views and last week JB tweeted that if your conference has bowed to pressure from "Cancel-Culture" and uninvited anyone then don't even think of asking JB to appear, ever.
I think a developer he knows was uninvited from a conference once they realised the views he tweeted which sparked this tweet storm from JB. JB always seemed really clever but a bit too pretentious for my liking but from what people have said about his tweets i'm kinda glad i didn't bother reading what he says.
Ah, so Blow is showing his ass yet again is he? Going from extreme pretension to the wrong side of history? Just another dev to add to the list I guess

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
How's Cloudpunk?
Ah, so Blow is showing his ass yet again is he? Going from extreme pretension to the wrong side of history? Just another dev to add to the list I guess
Someone said that it is great that Blow comes up every few years after being silent to remind us why we shouldn't pay attention to whatever he has to say.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That short was very nice, it's just a shame a lot of it has little reality in the game. No atmospheric entry, no stealth gameplay, and a lot of the maneuvering seemed like the occupants would be crushed into a fine paste :p. I'm also not sure that the damage model is that granular and localized, but I do recall them saying something along those lines! It's still a damn amazing piece of CG and I like how they make us root for the character, even portraying iconic ships in a much more ominous light.

His work on JAI is pretty promising, so I don't know about the wrong side of history there.

To be entirely honest with you, I'm not very fond of those kinds of statements and cancel culture itself is based on rather quick judgments that have huge consequences for someone's life. Rarely have all the facts the time to come to light and there is no end to the horror stories of people wrongfully canceled. Not to say that I know much about it in Blow's case, I can recall he grated me a tad but I'm not a fan of the overall reasoning. It feels too much like justice by mob for my taste.

Reactions: Li Kao and LEANIJA

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Afternoon;

I'm calling on assistance from my fellow Meta members.

To be brief, I need your suggestions for Free horror games.

Every year I will play bigger 'AA' or 'AAA' horror games on my PS3 or PS4. This year I have Days Gone and Until Dawn to work through. (I didn't care for Resident Evil 2, or either of the Evil Within Games 🤷 Last of Us Part II is a bridge I'm not sure I can emotionally handle) Why not play these on my PC? So glad you asked.

I need my PC free for the experimental horror experiences. As long as I can play it on a windows 10 PC, either downloading it, installing it as a mod or through a browser, I'm up for it. Subject matter, jump scares, none of it phases me at this point. I've been a Japanese school girl going to a literature club, I've been chased by demonic versions of the Simpsons, I've been a police officer in a RPG maker version of Silent Hill, worked at an office during closing time, thwarted a sinister AIs plans of world domination and I'm ready for whats next.

I'm creating a thread either tonight or tomorrow for my suggestions and I'd like yours as well.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Finished the second Control DLC.

It's a good and fun DLC for Control, unfortunately also a terrible Alan Wake crossover.
They tried to freshen up the gameplay, there are even some mild puzzle elements. The new weapon is okay; as with many weapons in control it is redundant in its function but at least fun to use. The boss fight(s) get a bit repetitive, but at least there is a real boss fight this time around.

Now for the Alan Wake part of the DLC: It's the equivalent of brewing tea from a tea bag that was already used ten times. It's shallow, barely flavored but the hot water got some coloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.