Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
But when several other insiders heard about a second game ? I'm guessing it was Nocturne HD, just not on PC.
in all fairness, those days I can just remember various trusful people leaking Persona 4 Golden and Sabi being the only one talking about P3 up to the point where no one else knew where the hell came that info. from.

Also, a second game? I swear I can't remember 2 games being leaked back in the day, just p4g, but if you share with me those, I might see if they meant Nocturne (although it would be weird to be talking about a game not confirmed for PC) or another thing.

Reactions: Li Kao

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
For all its horror and all its glory Untitled Goose Game release went almost unnoticed on Steam.
I mean the internet loved it months ago, the internet could buy it wherever they wanted. It's also not like a super complex game.

Be annoying as shit and steal shit? Great I do that every day with my cat except I don't pay him 15$

(This isn't to say its not a fun or unfun game)

(also my cats awesome)

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
I'm pretty sure P3 Steam is real, but people need to understand that Sega and Atlus are one and the same, moreso that Atlus USA was restructured under SoA. They won't announce a cheap port right before another high-profile launch (Yakuza 7), since it would compete directly with their title. There's already a lot of competition near Yakuza 7 launch from other companies, no need to add to the fire. Sega is slow and careful with their port launches, they clearly want to achieve the most sales with as little marketing spending as possible (and not send the port to death as a lot of Japanese companies do, especially with their pricing), so they'll wait for a good moment to launch.

Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I'm pretty sure P3 Steam is real, but people need to understand that Sega and Atlus are one and the same, moreso that Atlus USA was restructured under SoA. They won't announce a cheap port right before another high-profile launch (Yakuza 7), since it would compete directly with their title. There's already a lot of competition near Yakuza 7 launch from other companies, no need to add to the fire. Sega is slow and careful with their port launches, they clearly want to achieve the most sales with as little marketing spending as possible (and not send the port to death as a lot of Japanese companies do, especially with their pricing), so they'll wait for a good moment to launch.
Let me be pretty clear, again, SEGA has already a PC line up ready to be announced and I'm sure they will when they feel it's time.

Is P3 part of it? don't know
Is P5 part of it? don't know
Is Sakura Wars part of it? you get the idea...

And again, what I meant is that P3 only leaked from a non-so trustful source while P4 leaked from a lot of trustful places.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm basically just waiting for Genshin Impact now, which means I more or less randomly start up stuff, lol.

One of those being Deliver Us The Moon via Game Pass, and I gotta say, that RTX looks sweet. And I can still get ~60 fps in combinaton with DLSS. (Only Medium RTX though).

And also randomly started Xenoblade Chronicles X via Cemu because we all know that the best time for starting a huge RPG is right before you plan on playing another huge game. Looks great too. Like with Xenoblade Chronicles, those games sure are pretty when you bump up that resolution a bit.
This is also the first game where my second monitor actually comes in handy. I have the gamepad with the map view on it :D

But anyway, gib Genshin Impact :blobdrool:

Reactions: texhnolyze and ISee

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
PC port is planned for Cotton.

Disgaea 6 gameplay. There's also some footage of Labyrinth of Galleria (Labyrinth of Refrain sequel) and the Prinny PSP games.

No announcement for steam for PC

Reactions: Cacher and Avern

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Let me be pretty clear, again, SEGA has already a PC line up ready to be announced and I'm sure they will when they feel it's time.

Is P3 part of it? don't know
Is P5 part of it? don't know
Is Sakura Wars part of it? you get the idea...

And again, what I meant is that P3 only leaked from a non-so trustful source while P4 leaked from a lot of trustful places.
P3 leaked from Sabi, Schreier and various random people/journalists as well, so I think it's a pretty solid info. Remember, Yakuza 6 was listed for PC in Sega's financial report shortly after 0/Kiwami announcement, yet Kiwami 2 came to PC earlier. Plans change and they might've changed theirs after P4G's overwhelming success. P5R is almost guaranteed to surpass P4G heavily and would keep Sega's momentum, while P3, a title even more dated than P4G, is almost guaranteed to waste the momentum. So the reason why there's nothing about P3 is that Sega changed plans and decided to release P5R next instead of P3.

• Eyes

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
P3 leaked from Sabi, Schreier and various random people/journalists as well, so I think it's a pretty solid info. Remember, Yakuza 6 was listed for PC in Sega's financial report shortly after 0/Kiwami announcement, yet Kiwami 2 came to PC earlier. Plans change and they might've changed theirs after P4G's overwhelming success. P5R is almost guaranteed to surpass P4G heavily and would keep Sega's momentum, while P3, a title even more dated than P4G, is almost guaranteed to waste the momentum. So the reason why there's nothing about P3 is that Sega changed plans and decided to release P5R next instead of P3.
Schreier said he only knew about P4G, I remember that pretty clear.

And yes, plans change and I have NO DOUBT P3 will happen but at that time, that info was a false positive I'm afraid to say. :blobclosecry:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Konami making those old Metal Gear ports available in digital form is good.
It's ultimately not what I want from them, but I can't really sneer at them for making existing ports actually available.
Maybe Silent Hill next.

Maybe they'll do some new ports at some point, they have to put some games on those amazing gaming PC's they are making now.

I bless this thread with some metal
The Korean OST slaps.
Probably my favorite GG OST.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I feel like a basic port of either of the versions of P3 wouldn't really be all that great. And I don't see Sega pushing for more than that before they saw P4 blow up.

P5R on the other hand is right there, most likely not even particularly hard to port, and could make them an absolute shitton of money on Steam.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I feel like a basic port of either of the versions of P3 wouldn't really be all that great. And I don't see Sega pushing for more than that before they saw P4 blow up.

P5R on the other hand is right there, most likely not even particularly hard to port, and could make them an absolute shitton of money on Steam.
I mean, they probably will port that one sooner rather than later.

About P3, it's about the legacy of the IP and making it available on PC, I don't think it would be that hotcake HOWEVER, I'm sure there's a good number of users who would buy and enjoy it for sure.

Seriously, SEGA has so many good content waiting to be ported to PC that I don't know how they haven't already expanded their number of teams for there mere purpose of porting games.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
instead of buying sega, microsoft should just pay them to bring their legacy games to pc. much better use of money and a win for everyone, though there would probably be some gp timed exclusive thing there to make it worthwhile for ms.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yes give me P5! As much as I liked P4 I don't know how hyped I would be for P3, which I assume is even less modern than what P4 felt like.
The problem is going to P3 after P5 will be harder I think. That is why I prefer them to put Nocturne remaster and P3 on Steam b4 P5 which is more a current gen game.

Despite that P4 still holds up really well on PC as a late PS2 era game imo. I imagine P3 would be great too.

Reactions: Le Pertti and QFNS
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yes!

double yes! put all of rare replay on pc and steam at this point, including the x360 only games. imagine if they got that 360 emulator for x1/xsx working on pc.
... and The Movies too ... it's even already on steam ... they literally just have to tell volvo to give them that store page and put it back up ... they don't even need to patch the game, it still runs perfectly fine, even on win10

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Also keep in mind
PC gaming in JP is a small consumer base compared to consoles, always has been. Why even bring up such a platform during a JP centric event?
Times are changing and what you said is true PC is still niche but in the last few years there have been PC centric stuff being shown at TGS which a decade ago would have been unheard of?

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
The problem is going to P3 after P5 will be harder I think. That is why I prefer them to put Nocturne remaster and P3 on Steam b4 P5 which is more a current gen game.

Despite that P4 still holds up really well on PC as a late PS2 era game imo. I imagine P3 would be great too.
Have no doubt that all those games you mentioned would bank really well for SEGA, the community is absurdly big and way more hidden that you might imagine. :evilblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Good luck running Crimzon Clover in 2020.
Some people seem to be able to, I’m not one of them.
Some dumb resolution issue IIRC.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Playing Cyberpunk with Japanese VO might be an interesting choice after all. For my 2nd/3rd run, perhaps, to make things fresh.

Will they allow Japan Audio/english UI+sub combo? (someone will surely try to mod it if not tho).

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Playing Cyberpunk with Japanese VO might be an interesting choice after all. For my 2nd/3rd run, perhaps, to make things fresh.

I'll be playing it in original polish!

The cursing in W3 was too beautiful to be ignored.
The english translation is lackluster in that regard.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Genshin Impact pre-order on iOS has been released. Don't know if the servers are live, IIRC it was the 28th initially.
Not even sure I want to play it on mobile.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Really in the mood for a third person meaty game so bought the Mafia bundle. I have vague memories of playing it when it first came out.

Thats how im going to spend my Sunday. What are youse guys up to today?

Reactions: ISee

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Realised I connected to Steam this morning while I left Tunnelbear VPN set on to the States, i assume it's no problem? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.