Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Glorious, what’s equally glorious is Sony fans being salty at a timed exclusive. Dat competition.
i wonder if it is a timed exclusive or just a technical/guideline related restriction?when i bought the game on amazon it was listed as an x1 game and then got "upgraded" to a dual console disc. seems like it's probably the x1 version on the disc and it gets upgraded digitally if you play on xsx.

i could see sony not liking this solution and wanting a different disc for ps5 that has all the ps5 upgrades on it. but like i said, yakuza is not some mega graphical powerhouse so other than faster loads i am curious what is even upgraded?

or maybe ms just paid sega to get xsx out earlier lol. the companies have worked together closely before.

Last edited:

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
It's just business. I don't get what all those PlayStation players are so upset about. You're not entitled to a free upgrade when your platform owner got "outcompeted" by Microsoft who worked so hard to add value to their customers....

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
i wonder if it is a timed exclusive or just a technical/guideline related restriction?when i bought the game on amazon it was listed as an x1 game and then got "upgraded" to a dual console disc. seems like it's probably the x1 version on the disc and it gets upgraded digitally if you play on xsx.

i could see sony not liking this solution and wanting a different disc for ps5 that has all the ps5 upgrades on it. but like i said, yakuza is not some mega graphical powerhouse so other than faster loads i am curious what is even upgraded?

or maybe ms just paid sega to get xsx out earlier lol. the companies have worked together closely before.
I’m in agreement that MS paid up to make it happen. Good for them, not sure why Sony would drop the ball on a franchise that’s synonymous with PlayStation.

Reactions: Cacher

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
So... Yakuza gonna be MS Store only or are they gonna put it on Steam?

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
So... Yakuza gonna be MS Store only or are they gonna put it on Steam?
it is on steam. still say 11/13 release date but i imagine that will be changing soon

I’m in agreement that MS paid up to make it happen. Good for them, not sure why Sony would drop the ball on a franchise that’s synonymous with PlayStation.
yeah it's a little strange on sony's end but the ps4 version should be just fine on ps5 and gets a free upgrade in march so imo it's the least painful way to do something like this.

Reactions: QFNS

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
And still no news on Yakuza 7 for Asian region. Bullshit.

I think calling it "well optimized for PC" is a bit of a reach.

It's a game fundamentally built to work on phones and a PS4, so you'd have to actively mess up to make it not run at 60 FPS on a modern PC.
(Especially if you neglect to add meaningful extra options to the PC release in terms of e.g. draw distance which go significantly beyond what you do on other platforms)
Fair point, but PC is clearly the definitive version of the game. Mobile version is mobile, and PS4/Pro version was downgraded from the beta version. It's reportedly running with stutters and distance on details being scaled down significantly, as well as aggressive pop-ins while exploring.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
MS is gonna buy Nagoshi sensei himself!!!
It's just business. I don't get what all those PlayStation players are so upset about. You're not entitled to a free upgrade when your platform owner got "outcompeted" by Microsoft who worked so hard to add value to their customers....
This exact same argument was made with Spiderman on Marvel's Avengers and everyone went with it. Now that they got the short end of the stick they complain.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Fair point, but PC is clearly the definitive version of the game. Mobile version is mobile, and PS4/Pro version was downgraded from the beta version. It's reportedly running with stutters and distance on details being scaled down significantly, as well as aggressive pop-ins while exploring.
Oh, I'd never doubt it's the definitive version, I just don't think a whole lot of PC-specific optimization had to go into it to make it so.

Reactions: texhnolyze and QFNS

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
In case anyone is interested, Gene Rain is about to stop being sold:

Plus, they are offering a key for a new version of the game to owners of the previous one, in case anyone owns it:

Nah, they are rereleasing using another Steam ID to get rid of bad reviews, wouldnt be surprised if they are banned for doing that.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
:unsure: you'd figure if y7 was an sx exclusive on next gen ms would be crowing about it more, plus ps4 and 5 versions are still being advertised. maybe it is just sega or sony having their own issues. there was that football manager dev tweeting about them not getting any ps5 devkits as well...maybe related?

or maybe no one cares about yakuza enough to advertise it as an exclusive :negative-blob:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
:unsure: you'd figure if y7 was an sx exclusive on next gen ms would be crowing about it more, plus ps4 and 5 versions are still being advertised. maybe it is just sega or sony having their own issues. there was that football manager dev tweeting about them not getting any ps5 devkits as well...maybe related?

or maybe no one cares about yakuza enough to advertise it as an exclusive :negative-blob:
I've seen lots of Y7 ads from Xbox accounts on Twitter

Reactions: warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
i'm the target demo for y7 and i got no ads. :negative-blob: guess they knew i already had it preordered lol

i also don't follow xbox brands or people on twitter so that would be why i never saw them from official sources

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hm, really? I never found it repetitive -- the second Revelations had a bunch of drawn-out sections that were boring, but the first one was a pretty tight experience if I remember it correctly. But it's been a while.
Just the environments, for story reasons I won't expand on because spoiler. Felt a little silly, like, oh it's another...
But I loved Rev 1 too.

Rev2 on the other hand, nah. I guess it was passable.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Remember folks; when you purchase a RTX 3080 AIB card for $750, you should feel like a Billionaire!!!

Weekend gaming report: well, I FINALLY got into playing small and free horror games. Took a while. Report in Oct. Had a run in Issac that was 4 (FOUR) repeat victory laps and my character ain't done yet!

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
apparently it was never a bug that it kept running after the game closed, it was intended, this is from the same page as the news they're now changing it

2. After closing the game, the anti-cheat program continues to run in order to prevent the use of certain external plug-ins that operate when the game is closed; this is to help protect the fairness of Genshin Impact for all players.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I'd be interested in trying out Rick Dangerous 3 aka Spelunky but the main character's movement seems too fast and slippery for my liking.

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
This exact same argument was made with Spiderman on Marvel's Avengers and everyone went with it. Now that they got the short end of the stick they complain.
If only people could detach themselves from their favorite corporate overlord and try to think whether a certain business practice is actually beneficial to customers or not.... if only. Nope, too hard. Let's just mindlessly repeat "It's just business, entitlement, YOU"RE NOT OWED ANYTHING" until we're blue in the face and stan for business behaviors that will totally never come back to bite us in the ass :shrugblob:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
apparently it was never a bug that it kept running after the game closed, it was intended, this is from the same page as the news they're now changing it

Well, I mean, today I was kind of making a joke about the game being chinese F2P, so probably to compensate you gave them informations....

That sounds like an excuse. If they're worried about plug-ins you can use when the game is closed, what does it change if you use them before launching the game after a fresh startup?? It would "make sense" if the service started with the system, and in that case it would be even worse

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
not really the point of the yakuza thing but...i dunno what these people are expecting from yakuza 7 anyway. if they think the ps5 version will look any different than the ps4 other than maybe a resolution change, i got some bad news for them.

Reactions: PC-tan

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Decided to install Genshin impact for shits and giggles after all the spam about it.
Launcher picks os language - wtf bro, it isn't 2001 any more.
Downloads @ 0.6 mb/s. Pause/resume - 0.6 mb/s. If you can't provide decent speeds for your gacha shit release on steam or something.
That and anal anti cheat - uninstalled before even 1 gb was downloaded. Sayonara bitch.

Deleted member 113

Now if only they'd go back and start getting older CIS/Eastern Euro titles from the dark ages of pc gaming - Give me vivisector and hellforces on steam please!
I'm still waiting for the return of that flawed gem that is Boiling Point. :love:

I was a big fan of 90's/00's Eastern games.
They were frequently chock-full of great ideas and originality, but frequently lacked the budgets and polish to match their ambition.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Imagine buying a new GPU or CPU or any other PC component and not having your save work.

Big props to MS for letting people use the save from their Xbox One consoles on Series X/S. I mean, it should be obvious to work, but for Sony it apparently isn't.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Imagine buying a new GPU or CPU or any other PC component and not having your save work.

Big props to MS for letting people use the save from their Xbox One consoles on Series X/S. I mean, it should be obvious to work, but for Sony it apparently isn't.
wait, really? that's the dumbest thing. sony, get your act together. ms and their stance on back compat (and forward compat in the case of the xsx controllers) is nice to see. like you said, it seems like the obvious thing to do at this point with people having multi-generation digital game libraries.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
wait, really? that's the dumbest thing. sony, get your act together.
To clarify, this is about games getting upgraded enhancements, not pure BC, a lot of devs are upgrading their games for free for next-gen consoles, but which game will have cross-save seems to be case-by-case basis for Sony. Reports says that PS4 and PS5 games are treated as different apps even though the games might just get a framerate boost or something, but on Xbox side, all games should have cross-save and Xbone/Xseries versions are treated the same.

Bunch of crap, really, imo.

• Disapproval
Reactions: Li Kao and warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
that's...bizarre. i had read before that the ps5 might treat bc games as if it was a ps4 pro and go into a "ps4 mode" so that makes cross saves not working even more baffling

Status
Not open for further replies.