Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Is there a way to know if a game (that doesn't have controller support) has community controller configs available?

For example, this is what you can find for Guild Wars 2. But the thing is, you need to add the game to your library first to browse the configs. I've been curious about INSOMNIA: The Ark. It doesn't have controller support, but people say that there are community configs available. The only way to find that out is by buying the game, unless there's another way that I'm missing.

Dec 5, 2018
Is there a way to know if a game (that doesn't have controller support) has community controller configs available?

For example, this is what you can find for Guild Wars 2. But the thing is, you need to add the game to your library first to browse the configs. I've been curious about INSOMNIA: The Ark. It doesn't have controller support, but people say that there are community configs available. The only way to find that out is by buying the game, unless there's another way that I'm missing.

I don't know if it still works but if you add a non-steam game and change its name to the steamId of the game it should list the configurations.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
for some reason, the Steam library does not show me News/Updates on the top anymore, is that a bug on my end or did Valve change this?
You can fix it by going into Settings -> Web Browser -> Clear cache then restarting Steam. I was having the same issue, and this fixed it for me last night.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I've been curious about INSOMNIA: The Ark. It doesn't have controller support, but people say that there are community configs available. The only way to find that out is by buying the game, unless there's another way that I'm missing.
I have Insomnia: The Ark, looks like there is 1 community config available, the person has over 400 hours in the game apparently.

Reactions: texhnolyze

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
49" might be too much...

I tried to play some black ops, and my neck hurt trying to look over to the minimap. I also got some weird motion blur. I hope it was a game setting and not the monitor. It didn't feel good.

I have the FPS locked to 60 but it drops here and there to under that and then the stuttering happens.
It seems also the frame time is not also keeping the same value but jumps back and forth all the time.

Specs is 6700k and 2080 super so I don't think it's hardware limitation.
Yeah, I'm not sure. If I see anyone with a similar issue, I'll let you know.

Reactions: ISee

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
If I was thinking of buying a PS5 this year, I would rethink it, the thing gonna have a huge defect rate at launch isn't it?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Console launches always have lots of defects.
Sony wants to produce 10 million units till December this year afaik, Which is a bit crazy, but Sony is often crazy.
Assuming a 0.5% defection rate would leave us with 50k defect units potentially going into customer hands.
Those are thousands of frustrated people potentially voicing their anger across YT, Twitter an co.
Factor in that a lot of console units get into consumer hands in large waves and that distribution isn't a flat, steady stream for quiet some time and you can expect huge waves of reports about defect untis. Which can paint a more bad situation than there really is.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Bless PC gaming

I'm on-board for anything space but this shading model looks like it's out of the mid-2000s. The UI also seems more adequate for mobile than desktop in size/scaling.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I don't know if it still works but if you add a non-steam game and change its name to the steamId of the game it should list the configurations.
Huh, that's some neat trick. Thanks, I'll try.

I have Insomnia: The Ark, looks like there is 1 community config available, the person has over 400 hours in the game apparently.
Only one? Hmm, I guess I'll have to do some more research. Thanks.

Reactions: curi0usBystander

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Bloody EA sign in requirement from Steam. Cant remember my password so im now waiting for the reset email. Bah.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Dunno if real. Glasses spacer huh. Hope The Climb 2 and everything else is on PC too.
quest 1 came with all that and the box design looks similar enough to mine so i'd believe it being real. jp and star wars probably gonna be more "welcome to vr" style interactive movies if i had to guess.

Reactions: lashman

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
This idea of having my body status controlled 24/7 by a watch makes me anxious as fuck. Especially without the medical knowledge to spot false positives and stuff like that.

(I'm watching the apple thing)

Reactions: Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My PC is still a beast for Legion at 1080p.

While Mafia: DE is gonna make it struggle a bit it seems

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Hyyyyyype. Amnesia + 31 horror movies. October should be fun.

Oh, what the hell? We hadn't seen gameplay yet so I figured this was still at least a year off. Especially since Frictional tend to tease their games with ARG stuff for a while before release and, as far as I'm aware, they haven't this time.

Here I was, thinking I still had plenty of time to quit being a baby and finally play the first two games before this came out lol.

Reactions: Stevey

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019

Isn't this a bad sign of production problems?
i don't know enough about this stuff to say but you are right that it doesn't sound good. later in the thread he says it mostly will affect 2021 ps5 supply so i guess the launch units have already been made?

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
I just tried this but the game stutters and it's not silky smooth 60fps. Any way to fix that?
It's the same whether I use the sm64pcbuilder 1 or 2.
I had to use the OpenGL version, lock it to 60fps in the Nvidia control panel and set I think the Vsync setting in game to get it to run smoothly. Without that the sound was messed up and stuttering

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Ghostlight working on a JRPG for PC :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

Mary Stelker 2?
Didn't MS2 bomb pretty hard?

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone mentioning it here but A Monster's Expedition is great and definitely has a spot close to the top of my 2020 list (#1 is taken by Post Void) so please consider giving it a chance if you enjoy puzzle games. It has something for people of all skill levels - the main 'path' is rather on the accessible side of things but there's also a lot of reaaaaaaally challenging puzzles (fully optional).

(The bundle is also great value - Cosmic Express and Good Snowman are really good too).

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Seconded. A Monster's Expedition is the best, hardest logging game so far. Like Stephan's Sausage Roll, you wonder how much complexity there can be on seemingly so simple system, but new mechanics keep appearing and you will wreck tens of minutes trying to figure out how you can align those two silly logs in perfect manner,

Status
Not open for further replies.