Community MetaSteam | September 2020 - An Offer You Definitively Can't Refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If Bloodborne is planned for launch then Demon's must be next year, Demon's in launch window doesn't make sense if Bloodborne is there too. However Demon's has been rated in some countries, so I don't know what's going on with Bloodborne.

Im honestly tired of waiting.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
They don't have to mention PC. It could be announced on PS5 on stage, then confirmed to land on PC through other channels.
That’s what I’d expect as well if it does pop up tonight. But even that I’m doubtful of. Hopefully I’m just being pessimistic and my expectations are blown away.

Reactions: ISee

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
NarohDethan
Need for Speed Most Wanted from 2012 is pretty good! It's Burnout but without GnR I think.
I know that feeling in regards with Guns N Roses. My brother has been a superfan of GNR since 1988, so I had to listen to them every day for years.
Honestly it is need for speed, especially from 2015 and onwards. I have enjoyed heat the most.
NarohDethan I really liked FUEL but it's no longer available :(
I did like Burnout Paradise but hate the Paradise City track after listening to the first 10 seconds every time the game started. I even looked into modding it but nothing worked at the time. It's the one thing that stops me jumping back in and playing again years later. Petty i know but eh.

Off the top of my head i'd say that Test Drive Unlimited Series is a spiritual predecessor to Horizon and i'm sure there's another game too but i can't think of it at the moment.
FUEL! One of my favorite games last gen. Still have it on Steam but haven't played it lately. It had GFWL integration so I have to wonder if it's still functional. Anyway, I barely played the campaign, used cheats to unlock a bunch of vehicles and just kind of drove around with relaxing music. What an experience. That game's map was so huge for the time. What a fantastic game. Big Smuggler's Run vibes too. I loved playing that game on GCN and just faffing about in different maps.

The Crew (1) is a really solid one of those, imo. I enjoyed it a lot. Cool environments, lots of cars and the handling was not that bad once you tweaked the controls a bit and upgraded your car. Tried getting into TC2, but it's just so fuck ugly that I couldn't be bothered and somehow the handling model got even worse. Utterly weightless bumper cars.
Thank you all for your recommendations, definitely gonna give those NFS a try

:wd_heart:

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
L4D2 major community made update update video:

Tyler from VNN has been in contact with the community team and has the details on the patch notes:

A summary of the changes/updates:
  • The Last Stand full campaign
  • 30 new achievements
  • 26 new survival maps
  • 4 new salvage maps
  • 2 new melee weapons - pitchfork and shovel
  • L4D1 zombie skins
  • L4D1 sounds
  • New/unused voice lines added
  • new/updated character animations
  • reworked gun models and animations
  • PVP enhancements and balance changes, like new infected ladders
  • Counter-Strike weapons ( they are rare pick ups in maps)
  • New Mutations
  • Single player available for all modes
  • Bug fixes (falling through elevators, cheat spots being removed)

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Outside of watching movies or video clips with ease in a cool way...I really can't find much excitement for Augmented Reality glasses.

Just seems like a product people want to make for the sake of making it.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Yes, approximately 3080 of them :p

Long story short: exactly what was to be expected after the reveal. 50%-85% faster than a 2080 in traditional rasterized games. ~100% (and a bit more sometimes) in path tracing benchmarks and compute.
Alrighty, then i'll return to my original question:

Should i be unreasonable and buy an rtx3080?
Would this bottle neck me hard compared to what the 3070 likely will be?

Usually i would really just wait for that one, but given that my 970 died i'm comtemplating an unreasonably burgoise waste of money just so i can play sooner again

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Alrighty, then i'll return to my original question:

Would this bottle neck me hard compared to what the 3070 likely will be?

Usually i would really just wait for that one, but given that my 970 died i'm comtemplating an unreasonably burgoise waste of money just so i can play sooner again
Your system will bottleneck the 3080 hard in 1080p and 1440p. It will be less in 4k, but still existent. If you want the 3080, I'd definitely recommend a full-system update.

Actually, at this point, I feel like you should update your system before getting the VGA. i5 haswell is reaaally outdated with only 4 threads.

Reactions: Tomasety

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Should i be unreasonable and buy an rtx3080?
The unreasonable choice is buying an RTX 3090, which I will stupidly do. Buying an RTX 3080 is a reasonable and wise choice. You should probably upgrade your CPU as well, though ...

Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
$299 confirmed for Oculus Quest 2. Dang. I didn't think I'd upgrade from my CV1 before a PC upgrade or before VR gives us better finger tracking, eye tracking and foveated rendering for modest prices (~500 rather than ~1500) but this might push me to do just that. That price is too dang good.

• Eyes
Reactions: warp_

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
oh shit, this is weird considering Quest 2 is still largely intended as a standalone device right?
Not that weird, guess they got good comments for Link and figured why offer two products and not just 2 in 1. Especially when they can do it for that price and go back to 90Hz as with CV1 and higher resolution than the S too (they can't be making a profit on these, they just want to spread the word, right?). Also for all the Link drawbacks it's nice to only need a good USB cable and not run to the manufacturer for some proprietary stuff when it borks after a time. Not to mention with Wi-Fi 6 they might even get it to a good state for wireless connection to PC, homebrew with VRDesktop or officially too. We'll see. They really need to support PC connection properly though, they should take up Valve's offer to take up the task of making it SteamVR compatible on their own. At this point it works but it's like what if Valve stops caring to support competitors or Oculus stop caring for Link because they sell more stand alone stuff. It's iffy. I guess Valve won't do that if it's a popular device they see helps VR adoption overall even for the PC market segment but still, it's not the best circumstances for sure.

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
L4D2 major community made update update video:

Tyler from VNN has been in contact with the community team and has the details on the patch notes:

A summary of the changes/updates:
  • The Last Stand full campaign
  • 30 new achievements
  • 26 new survival maps
  • 4 new salvage maps
  • 2 new melee weapons - pitchfork and shovel
  • L4D1 zombie skins
  • L4D1 sounds
  • New/unused voice lines added
  • new/updated character animations
  • reworked gun models and animations
  • PVP enhancements and balance changes, like new infected ladders
  • Counter-Strike weapons ( they are rare pick ups in maps)
  • New Mutations
  • Single player available for all modes
  • Bug fixes (falling through elevators, cheat spots being removed)
No gaming news today will beat this for me. L4D is my favorite 'spooky season' game series and now that I've got a 'crew' (such as it is : / ) together, I can shove this in their dopey faces and force them to go a few rounds.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
quest 2 looks real good, especially for that price, but i worry the sideloaded version of virtual desktop i use for steamvr games wouldn't be able to run or be blocked in some way so i'll wait and see until after launch.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Not that weird, guess they got good comments for Link and figured why offer two products and not just 2 in 1. Especially when they can do it for that price and go back to 90Hz as with CV1 and higher resolution than before too (they can't be making a profit on these, they just want to spread the word, right?). Also for all the Link drawbacks it's nice to only need a good USB cable and not run to the manufacturer for some proprietary stuff when it borks after a time. Not to mention with Wi-Fi 6 they might even get it to a good state for wireless connection to PC, homebrew with VRDesktop or officially too. We'll see. They really need to support PC connection properly though, they should take up Valve's offer to take up the task of making it SteamVR compatible on their own. At this point it works but it's like what if Valve stops caring to support competitors or Oculus stop caring for Link because they sell more stand alone stuff. It's iffy. I guess Valve won't do that if it's a popular device they see helps VR adoption overall even for the PC market segment but still, it's not the best circumstances.
But if Facebook start supporting SteamVR doesn't it make it less of an issue if your Facebook account gets banned?
At the moment that's the Sword of Damocles over Oculus users' Libraries but the threat is lessened if they can just fire up some SteamVR Games.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Medal of Honor Above and Beyond confirmed for SteamVR

Today, we announced that you’ll be able to storm the beaches of Normandy, aid the French Resistance, and liberate Europe starting December 11 on both the Rift Platform and on Quest via Oculus Link (compatible PC also required).

What’s more, we revealed that Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond will launch simultaneously on the Oculus Store and on Steam with full SteamVR and cross-play support.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
You people looking down on Haswell seem to have rather idealistic views of just how multithreaded game engines really are in practice :p. I believe that to some extent, that was the point Gamersnexus made regarding the first gen of Ryzen as well, especially considering their single-threaded performance.

Long live the 2500k! Best value for a cpu, bar none.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

What in the fucking fuckity fuck. So my OG Rift will be my last and only Rift then? I don't see myself ever getting a Quest (and the Facebook account shit doesn't help either). I only just want a PCVR headset.

Medal of Honor Above and Beyond confirmed for SteamVR
At least one great thing from Oculus. Will get it on Steam. First ever Oculus exclusives on Steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Dang, AAA Assassin''s Creed VR AND Splinter Cell VR. For Oculus (timed I'm sure). Sweet. I guess Nimso Ny is on one of these instead of that space game.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

What in the fucking fuckity fuck. So my OG Rift will be my last and only Rift then? I don't see myself ever getting a Quest (and the Facebook account shit doesn't help either). I only just want a PCVR headset.
Yeah if you want to use Oculus on PC going forward you need a Quest + Link.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I mean, assuming improvements to Link it's better specced than the S anyway. 90hz and higher res. Though I wouldn't upgrade just for it (but I'm still on CV1, lol).

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So are the Splinter Cell and AssVR going to be Quest only downgraded games? Or will they also be eligible for PC/SteamVR?

Also if they are abandoning PC only headsets..it makes sense to let games release on Steam too. Wouldn't be surprised if more of their exclusives release on steam since they will be essentially ending support for their PC store long term. Might as well make some $$$ on Steam.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Ok some of these claim Quest only but like Vader Immortal they'll hopefully go PC too.
So are the Splinter Cell and AssVR going to be Quest only downgraded games? Or will they also be eligible for PC/SteamVR?
They said AAA and gave no details so presumably PC-only like Medal of Honor VR.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Gotta give credit to EA.

They didn't just return to Steam this year...they came in gunslinging and everything.

EA play along with dozens of their old releases.

Fallen Order
Command and Conquer remaster
FIFA
MADDEN
Squadrons
APEX

and now Medal of Honor VR too. All that in basically 12 months time :sneaky:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hey, sorry about my mood today, I don't want to be a bad forum partner for Shahem or fantomena and I seriously appreciate their enthusiasm with BB and the rest of things, however, for some reason I don't feel excitement, it's a weird day IDK, so yeah, sorry.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Oculus is looking into bringing some of their exclusives to Steam.

We've been interested in a "what if we shipped on Steam?" scenario for awhile now, and MOH is a great title to test the waters with. Believe it or not this is something that I originally proposed. Everyone within Facebook and Respawn/EA was immediately supportive of the idea. It is the right decision for this title in a lot of ways.
Cross platform PC VR multiplayer will make for a better experience for everyone. Having more people to play with is always a good thing.
Since I know you’re going to ask – no, the Steam version of MOH will not require a Facebook login. This also means that Steam users and Rift users can not send each other direct invites, but they can find each other in public matchmaking.
This does not mean that every Studios title will ship on Steam. We’re really excited to see how the title performs on both PC VR stores. I would love to be able to bring more of our best Studios titles over to Steam. That continues to be a title by title decision that we are still evaluating.
Hey, sorry about my mood today, I don't want to be a bad forum partner for Shahem or fantomena and I seriously appreciate their enthusiasm with BB and the rest of things, however, for some reason I don't feel excitement, it's a weird day IDK, so yeah, sorry.
Don't worry about it. Everyone has those days. :wd_heart:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This vid even says Quest only yet it warns that it was captured on PC so it may vary. So that bodes well for eventual ports, maybe.
Not that I want it, it could be good, or not, some stealthy Alien Isolation style game with dinosaurs instead but cartoony looks, who knows.

Last edited:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I don't believe we'll get anything related to PC by Sony. The company wants all eyes on the console tonight, an announcement of Bloodborne for PC would steal a lot of attention from it.
Which is why they can settle on announcing the game as coming to PS5. PC does not have to be mentioned on stage.

I'm not sure how that would steal their thunder in any way really. Bloodborne Remastered as a launch window game for the console ? I think many would gladly take that.

I guess we will see. Makes you think when Sony will announce more PC stuff in the pipeline.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This game was initially shown for PSVR (and iirc confirmed for PC), weird if it doesn't show on PC after these versions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.