Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I made it past the first part of Pathfinder and it was enjoyable enough. But to my shock they had no tutorial that I could find for the big new gameplay mode they introduce in the next part. They just threw me out there and said good luck so I tried figuring it out on my own by sending one of my soldier units out. They had 100 troops and I went up against two 30 demon units thinking it should be simple enough.

That was a mistake.

I got fucking decimated. Apparently the way it works is as your units take damage it's not like 1 big health bar, you bleed troops depending on the severity of the hit. And as you lose numbers your own attacks get weaker. So since the enemy could hit twice for every one hit by me they whittled me down pretty quickly and I could do nothing but watch the rout take place. The game literally throws you in the deep end and wants you to learn by drowning.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Saw this Guild Wars talking, remembered I should still have the big box I bought 16 years ago, realized I don't have a CD player in my current PC

frown
If I remember correctly, I think you can download a launcher from ArenaNet if you can access your account.

Those guys were awesome. They helped me save my account 11 years ago when I had lost my login info. Just had to mail their support.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I'm sort of craving a monster catching game and so since it's cheap even if it isn't on sale I purchased Nexomon

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Activision Star Trek games now up on GOG.
Fucking finally. I guess there is still hope some licensed games won't be lost forever. Now just DSN9: The Fallen and Klingon Honor Guard and I'll be set :)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Fucking finally. I guess there is still hope some licensed games won't be lost forever. Now just DSN9: The Fallen and Klingon Honor Guard and I'll be set :)
Yeah, i have those CDs somewhere and even though i remember the being a bit aged when i played them years ago i'd love them to be available too!

Tales of Arise is a 38GB Pre-load... apparently. So i've been told... i certainly didn't have a moment of weakness this afternoon and buy it from WinGameStore at all.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I watched
Josh Strife Hayes "Worst MMO ever" video on Guild Wars 1 an evening or so ago and was immediately struck with nostalgia.
Really made me in the mood to boot it back up and create a new character. Or for that matter, continue the adventures of my old characters. Never managed to finish any of the plots.
I really like this series and this has me wanting to give GW a try. Think I might still have an account with the original game registered to it.

The other videos in this series are well worth a watch as well. The vast majority do stick to the title of the series. But there is the of green in there he really enjoys.
I finally installed and launched GW2 for the first time ever last night, perhaps foolishly, as I also just started Genshin finally last week as well. Not sure if I was unhappy I was doing so well clearing my backlog or what but I think I am now very doomed :face-with-cold-sweat:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I remember a cool Star Trek next generation game. Was probably a dos game, def really old. maybe point and click. remember the young me getting stuck and being unable to carry on and being really miffed.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Joe Spangle Final Unity was a Next Gen point and clicker, 25th Anniversary & Judgement Rites were TOS, it was probably one of those. Most of the others around that time were Starship Sim or 4X type games.
Just been goggleing and that one looks familiar though i recall the game being more.............pixelly, but thats possibly my memory fading with old age.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Game studios really need to have people play their alphas or whatever that aren't professional QA testers or involved in the game development itself. I've played so many games this year that have like, 8 or 9 out of 10 potential but are executed at a 4, 5, or 6 out of 10 quality. Often for really obvious reasons, some of which could be corrected with minimal effort it pointed out earlier in the development cycle. I think I've left more negative reviews this year than the past few years combined, and definitely the majority of my backlog I've played through have been not worth the time in the end.

A gameplay consultant to come in and be like, "OK I see what you're going for but you have to consider this, that, and another thing". GRIME had a bunch of issues and they are still patching it now to correct things that were like, not things you would miss as an outsider. Blue Fire does as well. Humankind too (building any pollution building basically just ends the game in a few turns from pollution and it is not a bug, it's how it's balanced).

Not to mention all the designers that have no idea that there's a difference between tedium and difficulty. So many games just throw tedium at you instead of making something hard, or in addition to something being hard so it's hard AND annoying.

• Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Only abusing tags on Steam.
I disagree. Adding an extra 32 characters into the title is hardly an abuse, if at all. At the very least they're not adding superfluous words such as "tactical" or "turn-based". The genre itself has large enough titles of its kind that it's an uphill battle, especially when larger titles such as Pathfinder was just releasing a few days ago, so I understand where they coming from.

A shorter title on EGS does make sense though. It's a bargain bin store with not much else to offer. Hardly any titles worth mentioning came out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.