Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Is Nero even in a piece of blue glass moon?
No idea, and the fact that you're even asking isn't filling me with hope. It sounds like Type Lumina is restrained by the lore (only characters that would've been active before the Tsukihime remake), and if that means we can't get any of the characters I'm interested in, it's going to hurt my enthusiasm for the game. Crossing my fingers that they can do DLC that won't be so restrictive.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
But it IS the emulation machine :coffee-blob:

I actually have a few PS2 games in the backlog including Wild Arms Another Code f. Maybe I will start with it first.

I think the following are locked:

• Horizon 2
  • God of War
  • Forspoken
  • Ghostwire Tokyo

From Software and Silent Hill are possible, too. Hopefully they will show up.
Are you emulating Gamecub games on it? Until you do it isn't emulating enooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffff

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
is the real deal Yuzo Koshiro got chatting with her after she streamed Actraiser and she got an arranged version of Filmore by him called "KoroneRaiser Inumore" for her birthday. She played "Cadence of Hyrule" in one sitting and had Jules and Adrisaurus in the stream cheering her on! She was over the moon when she knew they were the people who did the music for the game AND they did the cover of Pollyanna because Korone is a MASSIVE Mother fan, like HUGE.
Korone also has to do well playing games to avoid being bullied by her dad.

This also pretty fun from her.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

The Football Manager Twitter account posted an infograph a few days ago for FM 2021. They have had 1.15 million players on what I assume is the PC version. Looking at the SteamDB page for the game, there are an estimated 409k and 1.13 million players on Steam based on reviews. If you took the average of the two numbers, that would be about 769k players on Steam with the remaining 380k being split between EGS and Game Pass. That's just kind of a spitball estimate though and it may be higher or lower.

(I'm kinda bored and am waiting for my lunch to finish cooking)

I thought Valve had a new crossplay option in the works, starting with Destiny 2 this fall, am I thinking of something different?
They have a service called Steam Datagram Relay, but I don't know if it serves the same function as EOS.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Steam can already connect to Live, PSN and NSO, they should make it separate from the Steam client itself to combat the EOS plague.

I have no idea what they are planning tho'.
I think the bottom section is what is new (and I think Destiny 2 is one of the first, if not the first game to use it). If I recall I think all of the traffic on Steam, Stadia, Xbox, and PlayStation are now routed on Valve servers.

Copied bottom section:
Valve server hosting
Valve has a beta dedicated server hosting program. To participate, your game needs to meet the following requirements:
  • To protect our data centers, we require that all game traffic be routed through SDR and server IPs are never revealed. So you'll need to meet all of the requirements in the previous sections for relaying traffic over SDR.
  • You need to have servers hosted with another hosting provider. We can't be your only dedicated server provider. At this time we are primarily interested in helping developers reach more regions than they otherwise would be able to, or to expand capacity temporarily to meet some short term demand, such as a special event.
  • Your dedicated server needs to be a Linux docker image.
  • There are some other minor configuration and technical requirements, too. Get in touch with us and we can pass on those details.

• Eyes
Reactions: Arc and Tomasety

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
By the way, how many of you knew that trick? Edit: It is only available with the "Augmented Steam" browser add-on.
  1. Go to any store page, e.g. Nioh,
  2. Wait for it to load completely,
  3. Hover the mouse over the thumbnails,
  4. Scroll through the store images.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018

Rules for my bingo are easy:
-Company's name? new announcement, not previous announced stuff allowed to check.
-Also PC will be checked after the showcase
-Nina is Devolver presence
-If a project from company present IP is announced and it's new announcement, check both (Example MGS remake would check Konami and MGS)

NOOOOO, YOU JUST JINXED IT :weary-face:

• Comfy
Reactions: Mor and Ascheroth

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I don't really understand why they would make it timed exclusive to PS5. Do Sony expect PC gamers, the same ones who waited for many years on Bb PC to run out and buy a PS5, a machine that's already hard to find? I don't understand the logic.
The only real reason is that its 4k60 with bells + whistles. That could be big enough for Sony to consider exclusivity as neither PS4 nor PS4 pro players have that experience. So Sony could definitely keep it away from PC for some time. I don't see 1 year tho that would be silly. Maybe a couple months at most.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
If you have Tales of Arise, do you guys see if it's labeled as a preorder under your purchase history or product key activations? Looking at steamdb, doesn't seem like there is but I wanted to see if I got the preorder bonus.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I think the bottom section is what is new (and I think Destiny 2 is one of the first, if not the first game to use it). If I recall I think all of the traffic on Steam, Stadia, Xbox, and PlayStation are now routed on Valve servers.
Never mind, I was mistaken by what this is doing. However, Valve might have something in the works, but we shall see.

Got to love at work when you are almost finished with something and then someone says, "Actually, can you do it this other way?" Sure, let me just completely scrap everything and start over. :suicide-blob:

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
The only real reason is that its 4k60 with bells + whistles. That could be big enough for Sony to consider exclusivity as neither PS4 nor PS4 pro players have that experience. So Sony could definitely keep it away from PC for some time. I don't see 1 year tho that would be silly. Maybe a couple months at most.
Very unlikely it will be announced for PC anyway.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
I've heard that Deathloop is releasing based on Time zone on PC

PC (Steam and Bethesda.net) will have three regional unlock times:
  • North/ South America: Unlocks at 9:01pm Pacific Time on September 13 (12:01am ET, September 14)
  • Australia/New Zealand/Asia: Unlocks at 8:01am Pacific Time on September 13 (12:01am JST, September 14)
  • Europe/Rest-of-world: Unlocks at 4:01pm Pacific Time on September 13 (12:01am BST, September 14)

Does this mean we could use a VPN to unlock early, and if so are there any free ones to use for such an event.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

• North/ South America: Unlocks at 9:01pm Pacific Time on September 13 (12:01am ET, September 14)
  • Australia/New Zealand/Asia: Unlocks at 8:01am Pacific Time on September 13 (12:01am JST, September 14)
  • Europe/Rest-of-world: Unlocks at 4:01pm Pacific Time on September 13 (12:01am BST, September 14)
I am surprised companies still have regional unlock times when achieving higher concurrent players is probably more meaningful and beneficial.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Does this mean we could use a VPN to unlock early, and if so are there any free ones to use for such an event.
I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be on Game Pass PC, but they'd probably have confirmed it by now if it were. still a slim chance that MS just didn't want to publicize it due to the Sony moneyhat and will shadow-announce it in the "Coming soon to Game Pass" blog post next week, but not getting my hopes up

• This!
Reactions: Wok

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Too many nice releases, currently downloading LiS 3, thinking about getting Artful Escape, but I have 3 missions left in Valhalla DLC and I've had Omori, Carto, Orcs Must Die 3 and Ender Lilies installed since forever it feels like. Tales of Arise also looking good, but will wait on that, it's just too much atm.

At least I will never have games drought on PC.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
the biggest difference in the new Alan Wake remaster is that the character model looks closer to the actor.
I wonder if they bothered to redo the facial animations too, that was arguably one the ugliest parts of the original game to me. It looked like everyone in Bright Falls injected their faces with tons of botox.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

The Football Manager Twitter account posted an infograph a few days ago for FM 2021. They have had 1.15 million players on what I assume is the PC version. Looking at the SteamDB page for the game, there are an estimated 409k and 1.13 million players on Steam based on reviews. If you took the average of the two numbers, that would be about 769k players on Steam with the remaining 380k being split between EGS and Game Pass. That's just kind of a spitball estimate though and it may be higher or lower.
I just noticed the bottom lefthand corner of that infograph and realized it's Steam only. Hoo boy don't I look dumb. So FM '21 has sold 1.15 million on Steam alone and god knows how much on the other platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.