Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! r3n4ud is giving away 2 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Hope I did this right lol

mid not please let me know folks

The following games are being given away:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous seems to be reviewing well based on early reviews.

You can get it with a %15 discount from GMG using the SAVENOWBR coupon.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
I have an Epic key to give away from IGN Prime, can we not giveaway Epic keys? Probably a stupid question but I don’t see Epic when choosing the platform

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have played a few demos on Steam.

There is a promising play-test. I would recommend trying it for the visuals and lighting effects at least. I was expecting to play a point-n-click game, and was confused at first. The game blends:
  • 3D first-person-view walking-simulator,
  • 3D isometric point-n-click (with gorgeous visuals),
  • turn-based fights with quick-time events.

This is a prologue. The gameplay is similar to Orwell's, where you have to explore documents, call people, link facts and make deductions. It is quite simple, but well executed overall. I have completed the demo and earned these sweet achievements for it.

This is a "demo" for once. It is a 2D puzzle platformer where you control several characters, as in Trine, Unruly Heroes, etc. Here, the other characters do not disappear when you control one of them, so it could become tedious. The visuals are great. However, the controls are a bit floaty, and the boss fight was too hard for me.

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
They said the're still deciding whether to keep it this way or to restore classic 1 vs 1 invasions
I think it's only to avoid problems when riding the horse (you can't use it when you co-op, so it'd solve the problem for PVP too) and I assume it's only for the open world; I see no reason to limit invasion in the Legacy Dungeons for example, expecially now that you don't have to use consumables for summoning other players (so you're not punished for losing against invaders)
Should just make it a consumable or option to let you be invaded and such. Oh and don't tie faction stuff behind pvp.

Don't really want to deal with mostly a lag fest. Last time I was invaded by some dude that was in my country, still a lag fest lol. At least they weren't some twinked out character like usual invading some dude with a stick.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
NIS comments about PC, so yeah, they still do not understand the PC platform, yay.
All that is not to say NIS isn't looking to grow the business or make new Disgaea fans. It has in recent years begun porting previous Disgaea games to the PC, as well as making a free-to-play mobile game called Disgaea RPG as well as a mobile remaster of the first Disgaea.

"We're noticing that rather than the dramatic initial spurt we see on consoles, PC sales are steadier," Niikawa says. "From a business standpoint, we are very thankful for such steady sales numbers. Mobile still has a way to go, however. There are also a lot of people who find it easier to play on consoles. However, since Disgaea is a title that is so representative of Nippon Ichi Software and NISA, we would like to continue to develop it for various platforms so that more people can play it."

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
NIS comments about PC, so yeah, they still do not understand the PC platform, yay.

"Hmm, our usually late ports don't sell as well as they do on console, I have no idea why that's the case"

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Does anyone know where save files for El Shaddai are located yet? I know it's extremely early, but I am getting a new PC today and I would like to backup my progress from last night.

• Eyes
Reactions: Wok

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
"Hmm, our usually late ports don't sell as well as they do on console, I have no idea why that's the case"
That's not what they're saying though, they're saying that PC sales start slower but keep on selling for a longer period than consoles (steadier sales than consoles as they said), which is true for many games independently of their release date when compared to consoles (though of course a simultaneous launch will have a better start).

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Yeah that’s not a negative comment they are just saying console sales are frontloaded and pc have a long tail, which is what usually publishers like XSeed pointed out too, so to me it looks like they aren’t saying anything that’s weird

if anything that’sa positive thing since it’s NIS pointing it out

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I feel like i'm stupid, what's the difference between the Crysys trilogy (Aside the fact the include all three games instead of one) and the Crysis 1 Remastered released last year...

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I misunderstood the tone then, still would like to see a better commitment with the platform not only with Disgaea, you know?

Reactions: thekeats1999

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I feel like i'm stupid, what's the difference between the Crysys trilogy (Aside the fact the include all three games instead of one) and the Crysis 1 Remastered released last year...
Crysis Trilogy is the collection of the original 3 games, while Crysis remastered is the remastered version that was released last year on EGS (and is about to be released on Steam).
Crysis 2 and 3 remastered will likely release on Steam in around 1 year, since they're releasing this fall on EGS.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It's not surprising how Sony deals with PC announcements when we look how they treat their console customers these days.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Ibuki is giving away 2 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Extras from the Jackbox bundle, enjoy!

The following games are being given away:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Again i really should start selling bridges, looking at world these days i would be millionaire in no time.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kyougar

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Oh yeah, I remember enjoying Bug Fables. I should play it.
Oh yeah, the camera's borked and the game looks super juttery no matter what I do. Sigh.

ADDENDUM: Actually, I might have figured it out... The camera effectively moves at 50Hz.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
They promised free upgrade for PS4 games to PS5, now they are hiding upgrades behind Deluxe Editions or not offering them at all.
Is there even going to be that much of a difference besides cranking up the graphic settings and running at 60 fps?

Judging from this ign article that's more or less all there is to it. So they are basically charging to move up some sliders if the game had graphic options...

But I suppose half of the "remasters" on consoles are basically that these days :p

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Remnant: From the Ashes - 67% - €13.19 - New historical lowest price - Never bundled

Apparently, PEGI has been rating games using this new criterion since 2020. There are a lot of caveats, and since loot boxes still aren't classed as gambling by PEGI, it doesn't mean games like FIFA will start getting an 18+ rating all of a sudden.

In fact, even if loot boxes are suddenly confirmed to be a form of gambling, FIFA and other games that use them might still fly under PEGI's radar. There's something of a grey area when it comes to pre-existing games, even if they are remastered with the same mechanics in place in the future. Take Pokemon, for example. If the original games were to be re-released, they would hold onto their original ratings despite players having to gamble in Celadon City.

Reason: Added article
Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea Sony is really scummy this gen without smart delivery.

They are basically charging people a tax for going into graphical settings and toggling some stuff.

Surprising Xbox got it right. Somehow they made access to their big AAA games so much cheaper with gamepass all while the rest of the industry is making it more expensive. Phil Spencer deserves a lot of credit.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Very interesting article.
Holy f*ck at the growth of Unity in the last 10 years. Yeah.... Unreal is gaining momentum lately and dominates in bigger games, but still incredible impressive when you consider where everyone was in 2010.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Anyone read about the news that Paradox current CEO stepping down, not tomorrow or next month, but right away today. Fredrik
Vester, their former CEO steps up to take the role as CEO again. Ebba Ljungerud became PDX CEO in 2018, so she was their CEO for about 3 years only. They are saying that she quit because of differences on how the company should move forward to.

Anyone got some insider with some juicer information on why she quit, because it sounds very suddenly to me. I read in some thread that she wanted to focus more on mobile games, which isn't what the board wants perhaps.
Interim report January - March 2021 of Paradox Interactive
Comments from the CEO
With increased focus on our core games

At Paradox, we have gradually created a portfolio of core games which, through many years and iterations, have grown popular, created loyal player bases and built strong brands. We have also built up significant internal expertise around these games in terms of game development, marketing and other publishing activities. This means that we can develop and release both expansions to the existing games and new sequels to the games with relatively low risk and often high returns.
These popular and long-lived games form the basis of our business and generate, quarter after quarter, the vast majority of Paradox’s player activity, revenue and profits.
At the other end of our portfolio, we have not-yet-released games based on new brands that are partly outside our current core areas. The development of these games is often associated with higher risk, but when they become successful, they attract new players and expand our core areas. For us, it is therefore important to have a good balance between building on our existing core games with new content and sequels,and at the same time growing the portfolio with new games. We have recently adjusted the weighting with the result that we invest a larger part of our investments and resources in the core areas of strategy and management games.
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO
When following this text Ebba Ljungerud wanted to focus more on core games instead of games like Bloodlines 2 (which can not be cheap for a publisher of the size of Paradox). Perhaps this was the reason behind the split.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Should just make it a consumable or option to let you be invaded and such. Oh and don't tie faction stuff behind pvp.

Don't really want to deal with mostly a lag fest. Last time I was invaded by some dude that was in my country, still a lag fest lol. At least they weren't some twinked out character like usual invading some dude with a stick.
There's an option to play offline since Bloodborne I think (available in DS3 too and DSR I think), I assume they'll do the same with ER

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Interim report January - March 2021 of Paradox Interactive

When following this text Ebba Ljungerud wanted to focus more on core games instead of games like Bloodlines 2 (which can not be cheap for a publisher of the size of Paradox). Perhaps this was the reason behind the split.
Did Epic also try to drop a bot load of money in a buyout offer at one point recently or am I thinking of another dev?

Status
Not open for further replies.