Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
lashman may not be here, but I have returned to stop any further anime postings. :blobnoanime: This is your final warning or Mona goes down! :evilblob:

The last 3 weeks have been hell for me, but I've finally graduated with a Master's in SCM. Since classes were mostly online, I feel like I've learned nothing. :partyblob:

Started a new job too a few days ago.

Anyway, excited for Tales of Arise and Deathloop releasing soon. :frogbongo:
And I've got a lot of catching up to do in terms of gaming news. Looks like September is the month for Japanese games, both old and new!

And always, thank you to lashman for the new thread. I hope you're all right, bud! :photoblobheart:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
lashman may not be here, but I have returned to stop any further anime postings. :blobnoanime: This is your final warning or Mona goes down! :evilblob:

The last 3 weeks have been hell for me, but I've finally graduated with a Master's in SCM. Since classes were mostly online, I feel like I've learned nothing. :partyblob:

And I've got a lot of catching up to do in terms of gaming news. Looks like September is the month for Japanese games, both old and new!

And always, thank you to lashman for the new thread. I hope you're all right, bud! :photoblobheart:
Congratulations bruv.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Just wanted to update on El Shaddai, since it was crashing and then I disappeared. There was a PhysX DLL error causing the crash and after updating PhysX the game launched just fine. Seems pretty barebones as far as graphics settings go, but it support 1440p and 60fps and so far it works! The game is beautiful and it's weird as hell, just what I was hoping for.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
From the looks of it, if El Shadai sells well they will try to make the novel part of the game Into a game itself. During production the company was closed and so they had to cut content.

In a way if the game sells well they may even do a "remaster" of sort since this version is pretty much a port.

Also it seems that the reason that this release even came about was because 2 years ago some staff member named Nick asked why don't they just release the game on Steam.

So because the game was made in a Window XP environment it had a lot of bugs running on Windows XP.

So for the last 2 years (maybe even less) a staff of 10 people have been working on this port and fixing the bugs. The whole thing is pretty much self funded (no publishers and stuff)

Takeyasu was able to to get the money to buy the rights to the game from selling the art works that he was exhibiting. And some other stuff as well. From the looks of it, I think that it cost home some where between $300k-$600k USD in order to buy the IP but the good thing is that it included all the assets from the game and not just the name.

You can read more about it here

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021

Congrats! I finished school back in May and got my degree in Computer Science but I am still looking for a job. I hope I can get something soon.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Around a year or so I tried to boot up a new game of Skyrim on my fancy 144 Hz monitor (which I didn't have back in the day when I last played Skyrim).
I immediately learnt that the game did not enjoy framerates above 60, since the cart immediately pretty much exploded into the air and went flying all over the place, making the intro totally unplayable.
The only way to fix it was to hack some ini file to force the game engine to render at 60 fps. Needless to say, when I finally solved it, I did not have any more time left to play the game during that session, so I never made it passed the intro for that playthrough 🙈

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I'm no JPN expert so I'm not sure what the last part says

But maybe there was an error or something?

I think that's about not understanding how bundle discount stacks.

But I was talking about base price conversion of

$30 -> 20€

most convert 1:1, but this even beats Valve's default of $30->25€

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Officially my #2 fav. (Gen 1) pokemon now

For that matter...whats the deal with that 3d pokemon-lile game? Temmen i think it called? Been a while since i heard any updates on it :x

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
For that matter...whats the deal with that 3d pokemon-lile game? Temmen i think it called? Been a while since i heard any updates on it :x
latest update was 6th july

Reactions: Tomasety and Tizoc

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
A roundup of upcoming and promising point &click adventures (it's in english too):

As for Midnight Suns, I love Marvel and I loved Slay the Spire so it's right up my alley, I am very excited.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
A roundup of upcoming and promising point &click adventures (it's in english too):

As for Midnight Suns, I love Marvel and I loved Slay the Spire so it's right up my alley, I am very excited.
Yup, I'm very excited. The heroes should make things interesting with powers and that helps keep things fresh, and the card system should keep the just one more turn aspect intact. Would I have preferred an Xcom battle system, probably, but I think this will also be good. (also thanks for the P&C list).

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! FunnyJay is giving away 2 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Some of the keys were unclaimed at the end of my last raffle, so here's one more try. Less restrictions ahoy! :coffee-blob:

The following games are being given away:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Played through a bit of Jack Move demo. This game is so JRPG, it hurts. Down to the fact that I'll probably need turbo mode sooner than later. :flare_lmao:

• Eyes

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Sick! Part 2
Thanks for highlighting this, super interesting! Ended up copping this along with El Shaddai.

I do have to warn people about Mad Streets though, I picked it up on XSX and its not good.... like, at all. The collision detection is super dubious, and the game mechanics are poorly thought out. I was hoping for a funny QWOP esque physics based brawler and didnt even get that. 😅

Oh, and thanks for making the thread lashman!

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Alright, so I was trying out the FFXIII that they had on gamepass, yeah? I came across an issue I had before using wireless (adapter) with my Xbox One controller. The configuration was messed up like right click was start, left click was back, etc. Fast forward to today, I have a Xbox Series controller and the same issue happens on wireless (bluetooth). It uses the exact same configuration as it would for the last wireless controller. Normally I could fix this on steam by disabling steam input. This being a gamepass game doesn't give me such an easy fix. However, I did manage to find a solution. I just plug the controller in instead of using wireless. All of a sudden everything is configured correctly. As soon as I unplugged it in-game and it went back to wireless? It had the strange configuration from before.

Has anybody else encountered this strange issue? It's not exclusive to FFXIII on gamepass. Like I said, I've run into it before with other games, but I never thought just plugging it in would "fix" it.

• Eyes

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
The trend appears to be continuing, with the August numbers up from Valve which show Linux now at 1.02%. You can see a bit of history over on our dedicated Steam Tracker.

Using the latest months recorded share that's an estimated 1,228,080 "monthly active" Linux users on Steam, based on the last data Valve gave from January 2021. Going by the data that Steam provide we can see a breakdown of the most popular Linux distributions on Steam right now as these:
  • Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS 64 bit - 15.77%
  • Manjaro Linux 64 bit - 12.72%
  • Arch Linux 64 bit - 11.14%
  • Pop!_OS 21.04 64 bit - 7.36%
  • Ubuntu 21.04 64 bit - 6.60%

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Alright, so I was trying out the FFXIII that they had on gamepass, yeah? I came across an issue I had before using wireless (adapter) with my Xbox One controller. The configuration was messed up like right click was start, left click was back, etc. Fast forward to today, I have a Xbox Series controller and the same issue happens on wireless (bluetooth). It uses the exact same configuration as it would for the last wireless controller. Normally I could fix this on steam by disabling steam input. This being a gamepass game doesn't give me such an easy fix. However, I did manage to find a solution. I just plug the controller in instead of using wireless. All of a sudden everything is configured correctly. As soon as I unplugged it in-game and it went back to wireless? It had the strange configuration from before.

Has anybody else encountered this strange issue? It's not exclusive to FFXIII on gamepass. Like I said, I've run into it before with other games, but I never thought just plugging it in would "fix" it.
Could it be caused by having a configuration for desktop controller bindings enabled as you're running Steam in the background? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by left/right click being bound to start/back.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Could it be caused by having a configuration for desktop controller bindings enabled as you're running Steam in the background? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by left/right click being bound to start/back.
I don't have any controller bindings setup for that in steam. However, closing steam seems like a good idea. I recall steam detecting it as an Xbox One controller when I connect it wirelessly, but didn't receive any notification when I plugged it in via USB.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
They're working on the next major update, version 0.8, which will include a new island (Arbury) and it's also include the auction house during this update cycle (likely 0.8.x). This update will release sometime in the next few months if everything goes well.

• Eyes

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Isn't that one super early into development though? At least that's the impression I got from Kimura's tweets.
Maybe, I don't really know, probably.

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Anyone read about the news that Paradox current CEO stepping down, not tomorrow or next month, but right away today. Fredrik
Vester, their former CEO steps up to take the role as CEO again. Ebba Ljungerud became PDX CEO in 2018, so she was their CEO for about 3 years only. They are saying that she quit because of differences on how the company should move forward to.

Anyone got some insider with some juicer information on why she quit, because it sounds very suddenly to me. I read in some thread that she wanted to focus more on mobile games, which isn't what the board wants perhaps.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Anyone read about the news that Paradox current CEO stepping down, not tomorrow or next month, but right away today. Fredrik
Vester, their former CEO steps up to take the role as CEO again. Ebba Ljungerud became PDX CEO in 2018, so she was their CEO for about 3 years only. They are saying that she quit because of differences on how the company should move forward to.

Anyone got some insider with some juicer information on why she quit, because it sounds very suddenly to me. I read in some thread that she wanted to focus more on mobile games, which isn't what the board wants perhaps.
If she wanted to focus on mobile games then she is in the wrong company :confused-face:

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
If she wanted to focus on mobile games then she is in the wrong company :confused-face:
She isn't a gamer either, but then we know also that CEO with gamer background (looking at Blizzard), how that turned out to be.
Ebba Ljungerud is purely business minded CEO

• Eyes

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
So Elden Ring may not allow invasions if you're solo. I hope this becomes a toggleable feature for the ones who want it though. You can invade if there is jolly CoOp.

I am happy for it as most likely how things been going I am gonna be solo anyways.
They said the're still deciding whether to keep it this way or to restore classic 1 vs 1 invasions
I think it's only to avoid problems when riding the horse (you can't use it when you co-op, so it'd solve the problem for PVP too) and I assume it's only for the open world; I see no reason to limit invasion in the Legacy Dungeons for example, expecially now that you don't have to use consumables for summoning other players (so you're not punished for losing against invaders)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
She isn't a gamer either, but then we know also that CEO with gamer background (looking at Blizzard), how that turned out to be.
Ebba Ljungerud is purely business minded CEO
I have no strong opinion on the matter, didn't follow the stuff that closely, but if you are referring to J. Allen Brack, let's not play too much into Activision hand. For all his faults, he was awfully handy for them as a fuse. I don't want to say 'scapegoat' because again, I'm not defending the guy. But Activision would love nothing more than people putting the blame solely on him.

• Eyes

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
I have no strong opinion on the matter, didn't follow the stuff that closely, but if you are referring to J. Allen Brack, let's not play too much into Activision hand. For all his faults, he was awfully handy for them as a fuse. I don't want to say 'scapegoat' because again, I'm not defending the guy. But Activision would love nothing more than people putting the blame solely on him.
It wasn't a peak on that either flavor of CEO could be bad. Just wanted to emphasize on that CEO with business mind perhaps just focus on the earn while not thinking whether or not it is good games. Not sure about PDX case though, since most I read comes from unreliable sources.

Reactions: Li Kao

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Did you kept playing it as f2p or did you do some investment also? ;)
Just a little bit of investment, since I have put a fair amount of time into it since I started. Mainly the daily gems $5 pack thingy I can't remember the name of. Something with moon? lol And I'm like ahh fuck it, I'll buy $15 worth of gems and the $10 battle pass. And now I'm done spending monies bahaha

• Evil
Reactions: ganmo
Status
Not open for further replies.