Community MetaSteam | September 2021 - Welcome to Punxsutawney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
the deal shouldn't involve GOG or Uplay in any way since it was only between Nintendo and Nvidia .
The entries here have a specific appstore
Maybe an issue with the entry on the geforce now database. Its really hard to know how much of there was created due to input from developers, and how much is just wishful thinking on Nvidias site.

Reactions: Tomasety

taril360dz

Apr 17, 2019
Algeria
www.tarik-bouchikhi.cf
Maybe an issue with the entry on the geforce now database. Its really hard to know how much of there was created due to input from developers, and how much is just wishful thinking on Nvidias site.
I think Nvidia just messed up, some of those "speculative" titles were confirmed by WindowsCentral. i do think some thing is happening at Nintendo as i remember once lashman hinted at something happening related to nintendo and pc.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think Nvidia just messed up, some of those "speculative" titles were confirmed by WindowsCentral. i do think some thing is happening at Nintendo as i remember once lashman hinted at something happening related to nintendo and pc.
Speculative is just a PR word, we know there are only 4 kinds of data there:

-Real projects that will come out in the (near?) future.
-Real projects that were canned at some point.
-Testing apps
-Placeholders (although I doubt a lot about this)

Even if there's weird stuff in there that doesn't make any sense for us, I'm sure they are there for a reason (even if it's just to test assets)

The fact that a lot of data in there can be tracked outside too is pretty much confirmation that Nvidia is trying to save the day as much as they can, I bet they were like "FUCK FUCK FUUUUUCK" when they saw the leak.

But that's my guess.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
It also comes across that they are just covering their asses. Strange that they wishfully put down Returnal, God of War etc... but didn't put down say Spiderman etc..

All I know is it will be interesting to cross off certain games from this list as they are announced, which if I remember right has happened before.

taril360dz

Apr 17, 2019
Algeria
www.tarik-bouchikhi.cf

-Testing apps

Even if there's weird stuff in there that doesn't make any sense for us, I'm sure they are there for a reason (even if it's just to test assets)

The fact that a lot of data in there can be tracked outside too is pretty much confirmation that Nvidia is trying to save the day as much as they can, I bet they were like "FUCK FUCK FUUUUUCK" when they saw the leak.

But that's my guess.
That's what i think too, they really messed up.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
That's what i think too, they really messed up.
Indeed, they literally had an API that let you in if you wanted haha

We will have to wait and see what gets announced but I'm sure most of the "I think this is real" stuff is indeed real. (example, God of War Steam, Titan Quest 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, etc...)

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

-Testing apps

But that's my guess.
mm, idk about the placeholders too, like SMTV on PC is a thing that sounds almost outrageously unbelieveably false, but then we also have shit like MGS2HD, MGS3HD
Indeed, they literally had an API that let you in if you wanted haha

We will have to wait and see what gets announced but I'm sure most of the "I think this is real" stuff is indeed real. (example, God of War Steam, Titan Quest 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, etc...)
yeah, you could pair it up to a looot of speculation out there already, but it's worth noting that the list is obviously also missing a lot of titles that are very likely to come out (i mean, we're waiting for persona ports basically, plus there's no Black Mesa, Guilty Gear Strive and other games that are already out on Steam, which then could help the case of the list missing games)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
mm, idk about the placeholders too, like SMTV on PC is a thing that sounds almost outrageously unbelieveably false, but then we also have shit like MGS2HD, MGS3HD
MGS 2HD and 3HD are on Nvidia Shield, in case you didn't know, so those are already real.

SMT V tho, I wouldn't be surprised if it's real but it won't come to PC until late 2022/early 2023 IF it comes at all.

Then again, we saw things like Judgment which won't happen due to discussions between Sega and Johnny's, the Sony ports are not something crazy to consider and there are quite a few that can be explained.

Hell, the only ones I can't explain are the Nintendo ones aside from China Shield releases.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
MGS 2HD and 3HD are on Nvidia Shield, in case you didn't know, so those are already real.

SMT V tho, I wouldn't be surprised if it's real but it won't come to PC until late 2022/early 2023 IF it comes at all.

Then again, we saw things like Judgment which won't happen due to discussions between Sega and Johnny's, the Sony ports are not something crazy to consider and there are quite a few that can be explained.

Hell, the only ones I can't explain are the Nintendo ones aside from China Shield releases.
that's strange, i'm looking at nvidia shield footage of mgs2hd now, and i see that there's a banner, but when i looked, there was no banner with the logo, there was a placeholder

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
that's strange, i'm looking at nvidia shield footage of mgs2hd now, and i see that there's a banner, but when i looked, there was no banner with the logo, there was a placeholder

I don't know how to answer that, norwegian guy, I don't know how Nvidia manages their DB :(

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
People are reporting microstuttering in Deathloop I guess I’ll wait for a patch
yeah same, also doesnt run on Linux/Proton yet, so I'll wait, despite all the good press. But then again, Im not even sold on the whole premise of a timeloop game yet. I watched a review video that was quite glowing but I just got bored midway of watching it. On the other hand, I loved all the Dishohored games as well as Prey. (not Mooncrash though, also didnt like Wolfenstein Youngblood, where Arkane collaborated). Hmm. Yeah I'll just wait.

• Eyes

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
just want to add on top of my other post,

both outcast and titan quest 2 from that list are real, ive mentioned them both in the past here, outcast is announced at nordic event this month,

titan quest 2 isnt ready yet but theres some news for that on the soon aswell.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao Prodigy At least you had a saving throw on your Willpower check failure! I suffered a catastrophic Willpower check failure yesterday and ouch 200HP Damage to my wallet and i won't see the outcome until March next year! Critical Hit! 🤕
You can't let it at that, I'm curious now :face-with-cold-sweat:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh, ffs! Just let me sign in so i can launch my games. I don't need a fancy lancher that takes ages to start just for a login screen. Bloody Origin and UbiConnect are bad enough already i don't need Steam to start that crap too. Keep it simple and quick on the desktop. Let people select some kind of "Flashy but Slow Mode" for those that want it.

• This!
Reactions: Joe Spangle

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Jesus, you don't care about French cinema, do you ?
Kidding, that's surely not the most surprising thing of the day
This leads me to think about my perceived downfall of cinema in opposition with the meteoric rise of video games. Are they 21th century cinema ? It's too early for that kind of thought, for fuck's sake, I still have my morning headache :tired-face:

Edit - 10 minutes pass, no post of any kind. Scratch that, do you all have an headache ? Is this MetaHeadache ?

Edit - 16 minutes pass, did I mysteriously survived the end of the world ? Will I break my glasses ?
brofist to those that get it

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Steam Deck has new login screen. Wonder if regular Steam gets similar new make up?
Big Picture already has a nice looking login screen, but not sure it's as interesting on a stationary PC as it's on a handheld device like this that would be easier to share with people. Even if you share a PC, you'd be more likely to just have different accounts on the OS level, which makes the Steam-level login screen on PC not crazy interesting.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Jesus, you don't care about French cinema, do you ?
Ive seen plenty of French cinema, it was surprisingly often disturbing :p

Oh, ffs! Just let me sign in so i can launch my games. I don't need a fancy lancher that takes ages to start just for a login screen. Bloody Origin and UbiConnect are bad enough already i don't need Steam to start that crap too. Keep it simple and quick on the desktop. Let people select some kind of "Flashy but Slow Mode" for those that want it.
Not quite sure I get what you mean? Its just a slightly different login design, but it doesnt look like itd get in the way. And its clear you will need a login for Steam Deck if you gonna use Steam on it, which is kinda the point... but I guess you can just use desktop mode too and launch your games via desktop icons, if thats what you prefer?

Reactions: Li Kao

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I still don't know if Deathloop is a multiplayer game or a single player game with online features and at this point i am afraid to ask

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
nordschatten People are talking about rolling every SteamDeck design feature back into Steam Desktop which i don't want by default. Basically i just want Steam Desktop to be nice and quick so there's no requirement in my mind to have a fullscreen login for Steam Desktop unless you choose Big Picture Mode. I'm happy for Steam Desktop to look like an app tbh. Probably getting the wrong end of the stick as i'm busy at work and just took a minute to see what was going on.

Anyway, Show me the SteamDock, Valve! I want one!

Reactions: LEANIJA

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I still don't know if Deathloop is a multiplayer game or a single player game with online features and at this point i am afraid to ask
Think of it like Dark Souls, where you can get invaded while going about a level. You can also play it offline where the AI pretends to invade you.

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao and Tomasety

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I stayed up way too late last night for Deathloop, and I think I finally get it.

They looked at the average player save-scumming their way through Dishonored, then looked at a StealthGamerBR Dishonored video, and built Deathloop to bridge the gap between them.

So you get only 4 levels (with 4 variations of each based on the time of day), and objectives are constructed so that completing objective A in level B at time C prompts you to complete objective D in level E at time F. Now you have a reason to hop back and forth between levels to complete little goals. Each visit to a level will prompt you to retread some ground, and that repetition is an opportunity to explore multiple routes, use new abilities, and try different strategies.

It's a structure built to get players to willingly abandon save-scumming in favor of repeating (read: practicing) levels. By the end of Dishonored, I was playing in the same slow, cautious, quick-loady way I had been at the start. But I suspect by the end of Deathloop, I'll be able to pull off some cool shit, because I'll have spent so much time in the same places. Honestly, I wish it had some hard time limits to really force optimization, but I suppose this structure is better for prompting creative play. It's a clever way to structure the game, and I'm looking forward to playing more tonight.

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
nordschatten People are talking about rolling every SteamDeck design feature back into Steam Desktop which i don't want by default. Basically i just want Steam Desktop to be nice and quick so there's no requirement in my mind to have a fullscreen login for Steam Desktop unless you choose Big Picture Mode. I'm happy for Steam Desktop to look like an app tbh. Probably getting the wrong end of the stick as i'm busy at work and just took a minute to see what was going on.

Anyway, Show me the SteamDock, Valve! I want one!
Ah okay, but I wouldnt worry too much, I dont think Steam is gonna have a fullscreen login on Desktop. I think Valve is very aware desktop needs a different interface. Im not even sure Big Picture Mode will get all the SteckDeck UI stuff... since that is really "Little Picture mode" instead. Im hoping Valve will stay sensible here. :)

~

regarding the invasion-style multiplayer options of Deathloop: I'd much rather physically disconnect my PC than have stuff like that in my single player games :p

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
regarding the invasion-style multiplayer options of Deathloop: I'd much rather physically disconnect my PC than have stuff like that in my single player games :p
It's like WatchDogs as far as i know you can toggle it on or off and there's a limit to how many times you have to deal with it per run. You're not going to be interrupted every 5 minutes by some trolling asshat i don't think.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It's like WatchDogs as far as i know you can toggle it on or off and there's a limit to how many times you have to deal with it per run. You're not going to be interrupted every 5 minutes by some trolling asshat i don't think.
I will surely leave it on to play the 'intended' way, but I can see that being an extremely infuriating way to end a loop. At least now that I think about it, tell me that the invader disappears on kill and doesn't remain to fuck all your loop chances ?

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I will surely leave it on to play the 'intended' way, but I can see that being an extremely infuriating way to end a loop. At least now that I think about it, tell me that the invader disappears on kill and doesn't remain to fuck all your loop chances ?
The invader is a specific story character. When she invades, the level exits are locked, but you can hack a thingy to unlock them and escape. I think if you escape, you can be invaded again during that loop, but if you kill her, you should be safe from invasions until the next loop begins.

I've also heard (but can't confirm myself) that the deck is heavily stacked against the invader. Possibly just because of the damage output. There's a scripted invasion early in the story, and I killed her with one or two shots, as easily as any random NPC. If that applies to online invasions too, I can see it being pretty hard for the invader to come out on top against an aware Colt.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
"Ubisoft revives Driver as a live-action series ; Show will be exclusive to Binge, new streaming platform focused on game-themed content"

A Ubishit Original

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Tales of Arise is an excellent game, but the writing is less than desirable. Some skits or main story sequences are always long exposition and treat the players like five: "I do action A because of reason B, and motivation C or past event D makes me become sth sth..." The writer has to spell everything out, eliminating any room for players' imagination. I always find that my mind just flew to somewhere else because the dialogues are so dull and predicable.

Meanwhile, the spontaneous chats due to scenery are more vividly written and fun to hear. Honestly I would prefer the writing team to greatly reduce the number of skits in favorable of these small talks.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It's a single player game.
Julianna is an AI that will hunt you during playing the game.
If you are playing offline, Juliana is AI controllered.
Otherwise any other player can invade your playthrough and hunt you as Juliana.

I been palying it offline because I want to get a better feel for the game before needing to worry with a human player hunting me who is very likely gonna be more skille dthen I could ever be XP
Finally. Hope they can add more cores to the Steam version too. I understand there will never be parity with the non-Steam version, due to licensing issues, but the current selection is pretty limited.
You can
I've been adding my own cores from this site and manually updating when needed

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.