Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
i lied I swapped to jp for bravely default 2, i cannot stand the english dub one minute longer.
I didn't find the previous 2 games this bad dub wise and I feel like it affects everyone but the 4 main characters, the rest seems to be reading their lines out loud or something.
It might be nostalgia, but the Final Fantasy 12 English dub is the best dubbed Japanese game I've ever played/watched.

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
I hated my time with Plague Tale so much, but I did finish it and got most of the achievements! But I see why people like it, I just have to be honest and realise that I can't play linear games anymore and Im not sure why. I just get super stressed with them.
I liked Plague Tale in the main but it did help that it wasn't too long and I liked the general premise. Gameplay wise it is the certain kind of linear that I've grown further apart from though. When it's obvious in many cases there's only one intended solution to a given situation and only one direction to go next I just feel too restricted.

Some linear games do a better job of masking it or at least have more gameplay options along the ride, I'm still cool with those.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That Apex Stream was just so, so painful to watch for a number of reasons. I'm guessing that those members of Detonator have never used a gamepad before.

I don't think they even tried to change the look sensitivity. I didn't watch the very beginning, so I'm not even sure if they went to the firing range to try different stuff.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

RGG

By the way I guess the SE Steam video makes sense now since they had a small both for PC gaming. So they had like 4 units per game.

All of their tickets ran out and if you wanted to play an SE game you had to go to the PC place. I am not sure if they even had controllers as an option though and if they didn't that's sort of a backwards way of thinking

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Or for the Scorpion gaming chair

Imagine accidentally fall onto this thing, or got pushed to it... That would become a case in Ace Attorney.

RGG

By the way I guess the SE Steam video makes sense now since they had a small both for PC gaming. So they had like 4 units per game.

All of their tickets ran out and if you wanted to play an SE game you had to go to the PC place. I am not sure if they even had controllers as an option though and if they didn't that's sort of a backwards way of thinking
That underground feeling of playing Yakuza on a handheld... Hmm

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Imagine accidentally fall onto this thing, or got pushed to it... That would become a case in Ace Attorney.

That underground feeling of playing Yakuza on a handheld... Hmm
I was trying to find the post (maybe it was by nebillion on Twitter ) but it talked about the family friendly image.

The post then when on to mention, well what about the Steam Deck that's portable and stuff.

Which is why I find it funny that a few days later the staff from RGG would show up to the Steam Deck booth.

By the way this is what the line looks like now

Overall they seemed to have done a great job, there were some minor issue here and there but overall it was good.

It seems that the CEO of Komodo (Ricky) was there for the whole event, so that's dedication

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Cultic chapter one for 10 bucks october 13
The demo for this game was really good and very reminiscent of Blood (by design). I would strongly recommend checking it out if anyone likes that game.

The release strategy is interesting. Being Chapter 1 clearly implies that the game won't be complete and yet it's not early access either according to the developer. He says it's going to use an episodic model where you get a full mini campaign per episode. 10 bucks seems okay for that. But then the developer says that future episodes will not be separate games, but rather updates to the base game. Now how do you charge for updates? Because surely he's not going to sell the full game for that one single low price right? Anyone who already owns the game will not have to pay more even if he increases the price of the main game whenever a new episode is out. Will the subsequent episodes be sold as DLCs? (EDIT: Even the developer doesn't know how he's going to handle it)

Anyway, I was poking around in my wishlist organizing the new stuff that got added from Realms Deep and I noticed that SuperPower 3 got a release date of 7th October. Bit of a grognard game so maybe folks here might not be interested. I definitely didn't expect it to release this soon.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I love leaks and this anti-leak culture that some people likes is dumb and makes very little sense to me. Trailers are just big long ads to sell people a product anyway.
Yes god forbid people take enjoyment in game announcements in their favorite hobby. Can’t have people be excited about stuff.
You know what… I totally get both sides of this.

I’m happy to just read leaks so long as the plot isn’t majorly spoiled, however.

That said, I feel like leaks would have less weight if game companies were less secretive.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
If it's true that GTAVI leak originated from Slack breach then this could impact Work from Home policies and usage of 3rd party online communication tools in bug studios.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Yes but that's not what you said, you said they were dumb. Yes everyone knows trailers are ads but one can still enjoy them. You don't have to be overly cynical ass about it.
I still think the anti-leak culture is dumb. Because it does not give people a choice. Anti-leak culture relies on there not being any leaks, which only serves the people who don't like leaks.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Yes I agree being against leaks even happening is dumb, but not wanting to know about them is not.
Actually, every time there is a leak for something Im interested in, I actually take my time to find the leak.

Basically for me,

People should get to know that there is a leak, so they can decide if they want to find it or ba cautious about it so they can help themself to ignore it.

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Not going to look at any leaks about GTA6, I want to be unspoiled for when the trailer drops! I want to feel that wow again that I felt when I first saw GTAIV, I watched that trailer so many many times back in the day.
I love leaks and this anti-leak culture that some people likes is dumb and makes very little sense to me. Trailers are just big long ads to sell people a product anyway.
Yes god forbid people take enjoyment in game announcements in their favorite hobby. Can’t have people be excited about stuff.
Then don't watch/read the leak.

People who likes leaks can check it out, people who don't like leaks can ingore them.

I don't want to attack anybody or feel strongly about any of these statements either way, but i've seen this type of conversation in general/everywhere too often and get annoyed by it that right now i feel the need to say something:

A: "I'll do C because of personal reason"
B: <turns it into a general/culture thing>
A: <feels attacked and defends>
B: "Then just do C and be happy"

... why?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't want to attack anybody or feel strongly about any of these statements either way, but i've seen this type of conversation in general/everywhere too often and get annoyed by it that right now i feel the need to say something:

A: "I'll do C because of personal reason"
B: <turns it into a general/culture thing>
A: <feels attacked and defends>
B: "Then just do C and be happy"

... why?
Because it's morning here and my brain hasn't properly loaded up.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Gosh, you guys are making me want to play FFXII. Never really given it a fair shake and it’s gonna move fast up the backlog at this rate.
sadly, FFXII is still full price and the most expensive FF game on Steam and was never below 50%

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.