Community MetaSteam | September 2023 - The galaxy awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
For some reason I always thought Plex was a pay to use product so never tried it out. Added the rest to my bookmarks, but I do sometimes stream tv shows that I want to watch and am not subscribed to the channels.
Personally I use Plex since they have nice mobile apps so I can watch on my phone. There is a lifetime license as BlackRainbowFT mentioned but I think the only reason you would get Plex Pass is if you needed hardware transcoding but looking at the media I have it often tends to play on all my devices. If you do plan on getting Plex Pass I believe they have sales so you can probably wait until black friday buy it.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
FREE The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan Steam key at Bandai Namco

(not sure if it's EU only)

To receive your free copy, visit the following page on the Europe Bandai Namco Entertainment website. Now, create a new account or log in with the existing one to participate in the giveaway.

All you have to do now is choose a platform and fill in the form to get the freebie. You can only do this between the 25th and 29th of September 2023. A few days later, starting on the 2nd of October, Bandai Namco will send the keys to the email address you used to create your account on their website. The whole process will be completed by 5th October, so don't be surprised if you don't get the gift right away.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Personally I use Plex since they have nice mobile apps so I can watch on my phone. There is a lifetime license as BlackRainbowFT mentioned but I think the only reason you would get Plex Pass is if you needed hardware transcoding but looking at the media I have it often tends to play on all my devices. If you do plan on getting Plex Pass I believe they have sales so you can probably wait until black friday buy it.
Plex Pass is needed for the mobile apps. But I believe you can buy access separately, per device or ecosystem.

I just bought a lifetime Plex Pass. Never know when I’ll need hardware transcoding.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

It's typically indie devs that will refer to Steam reviews, hardly will you see AAA devs refer to them. Technically I think Nexon with Dave the Diver one of the the few ones that do mention it as part of their accolades trailer. And using Steam reviews may not make sense for a launch trailer or something like that, but it would once the game has new DLC coming out.
------

Sony got hacked again?

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I've been playing Jurassic World Evolution that I got in a Humble Bundle last year.

There's so much to love in that game. The graphics, the setting, the soundtrack, the fact that it's got Jeff Goldblum in it...

And at the same time it's sloooooow. Pretty much glacial.
Timers everywhere. Poorly explained mechanics. A "tutorial" where you can miss things if you don't trigger the prompts properly.

I reached the second island, but immediately ran out of money and had to return to the first island to stockpile foasils that could be sold on the second island for an influx of cash. All the contracts of the second island require cash to complete, and cash is trickling in REALLY slow. So the cash infusion that the contracts should provide doesnt really work.

Mixed emotions really.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
if THPS happened, I think KH will too.
Of course it will. Square Enix are just waiting for an opportunity to release it - probably once they have more to say about KH4.

• This!
Reactions: Mor

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I don't think they "forgot" about it. The console ports where based off of the PC version and they wanted people to buy those, so they just nixed PC port forever. That's not "forgetting" it, they just decided it was better for their bottom line to "unrelease" it. Which pretty much tells you all you need to know about how Square Enix views the PC platform and how dumb they are, at the same time. They could have just slapped a "Definitive Edition" on it, added some superficial updates and asked full price again. But nope, their choice was to stop selling it on a major platform.
I think even Squenix is surprised at the end of each fiscal year that they haven't gone bankrupt yet.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
you should look into jellyfin which is completely free and open source (I think)
It is open source, yeah.

I've been using Jellyfin for the better part of the year, and my eyes were opened. For the longest time, I've been using Kodi for all my media purposes. Jellyfin offered a much better experience that I can't see myself ever going back to it. My only complaint when I started using it was mainly related to metadata management. The default tvdb plugin was absolutely sucks for anime. Thankfully, I've since discovered Shoko which offered much better metadata detection and management (via Shoko Desktop) than Jellyfin tvdb plugin.

And for the pièce de résistance, with Jellyfin MPV Shim I can pick and choose what I want to watch from the comfort of my tablet instead of fiddling with the TV remote like some plebian. :flare_bath:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
For those who want to create their own Shmup game here is Shmup Creator

I haven't tried it myself. Maybe it's good game maker.

Here is the top review for the software
Well as I now have used this for 20 plus hours time for a review.

Firstly, this is what many, many people have been wanting for a very long time, it knocks the other "Shoot 'Em Up" game makers for six. Why? Simple, ease of use, powerful, you can see your ideas come to life within the editor and instantly, ultra smooth parallax scrolling, very, very fast bullet engine, importing assets is just a case of dragging your sprites, backgrounds etc, into the respective project folder, and as soon as you return to the editor it updates inside the "Game Box" ( the part of the editor that you choose your assets from )

Everything is changeable, bullet patterns, speed, scrolling, I could list them all, but do yourself a favour. If you have a shoot 'em up idea then just make the purchase, you will not regret it.

Oh yes, the devs are always speedy and updates are always just around the corner, to date there have been 5 updates.

I have been using for over 1 year now and have completed my first game. If it wasn't for SHMUP CREATOR this would never have been possible. Check it out here.

Vektor Byte by Tarkus1971

If you don't have Shmup Creator yet but are in the market for a fast way to create your own shmup without any coding at all, give this a go, believe me you will not regret it.

Review Update 01:
I have now been using this a lot lately and so far everything is falling into place, all the different editors, particles, weapons, enemies are so well laid out and easy to use. This really is a NO CODE option for all Shoot 'em up creators, 1st class software. Bugs are being fixed, but the bugs are no mega bad anyways. Still no crashes here either. Buy, Buy, Buy.

Best purchase on Steam for a long long time.

Review Update 02:
Nearly 200 hours on this now and I have to say, it is still amazing. Updates are regular and not just bug fixes, new features, additions are being added. The devs are always helpful, and will respond to any queries and will engage with the user. Having a real blast, literally with this. Treat yourself even if you think you "might" want his, I'm sure you will be using it a helluva lot.

Review Update 03:
I have now over 300 hours on this. Firstly all that I said in my previous reviews is still true, but oh my has this software evolved. Now sound effects can have slight pitch variations, so when firing bullets or having explosions going off they can all have slight differences and that really is an awesome feature. Focus mode. This software just gets better and better, if your even just considering buying this, don't hesitate, just do it. The devs are always on hand to offer advice and bug fixes are getting much more rare now as the software is stable and almost bug free.

Great stuff.

Review Update 04:
Now over 500 hours on this now and SHMUP CREATOR just gets better and better. Level linking has been added, so you can link levels in any order, create stories, (I have even created a music player level, so you can listen to all the music in the game.) I now have 4 levels of my project complete, all this in a few weeks, it would of been impossible to achieve that in anything else. Some people say "It's expensive...." well for what you get it isn't at all, well supported (the devs are speedy to reply and too update), super smooth, easy to use, powerful, and NO CODE. Do yourself a favour if you have looked at this and thought "maybe I might get it", Make that purchase, you will not regret it.

Review Update 05:
Now at 676 hours and this software just improves and gets even more slick. Alter pitch for sound effects, Weapon duration now added, even for lasers and plasma. Hide huds for storyboard levels, even create music player screen so players can listen to the game music without playing the game, all do-able with a great set of triggers and events that can be queued up. Need a switch or two to destroy an enemy that is invincible, easy to do. If you don't have this yet and you thought about it, get it now, you won't regret it at all. The devs are constantly updating and engaging with users with is great.

Review Update 06:
Over 1000 hours in actual use and my project "VEKTOR BYTE" is at a stage where I can say it should be completed by May 2023 (I hope) SC still offer the best way to create a SHMUP game, and the updates and fixes are coming thick and fast. The level editor is a joy to use, and sound per waypoint of the enemies is such a unique feature and makes anything you create so much more immersive. Demo of my project here.

Vektor Byte - Level 3 DEMO by Tarkus1971

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Really tempted to bite on the Ultrakill / Turbo Overkill bundle at 29%
Then again Realms Deep 2023 is really soon and there could be discounts. But would they even do better than 29% ? Hmm…

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Hopefully it’s not “Coming Soon” in the same way The Last of Us was…

May least we know that it is Nixxes this time around.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Kingdom Hearts when?
"PC gamers: you won’t have to wait long. In partnership with Nixxes Software, Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition is coming to Steam and Epic Games in early 2024. You can wishlist this now:"
PC players will need to wait again so eh i don't care that much. In general i am a bit tired of Sony lately and their treatment of PC platform so at this point i am kinda whatever. i will play those games one day but i doubt that i will be there for their releases day 1 anymore.

Also as i said Day 1 for this

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I hooked up my old laptop to a TV so it could act as a console ( I main Steam after all). I set everything up, no password login, Wake on LAN, auto boot to Steam BPM, etc. As versatile as PCs are, being able to control them without KB&M is their biggest weakness. Something constantly breaks, it's very frustrating, Few examples:

• BPM overlay doesn't work in Shadow of War, so I don't see an achievement pop-up, I can't see the message when someone messages me, and I can't put my system to sleep while the game is running.
  • I downloaded Plex HTPC, added it to Steam, and configured the controller, and it usually works, but when Plex decides it's time to update, it just shows a big popup and Steam Input stops working. I have to pull out my laptop and accept the update. There is no way to disable auto updates except by editing some .ini files.
  • I added a Chrome shortcut to Steam that instantly launches YouTube in TV mode. When it works, it works great. But often it decides it just won't launch at all. No idea why.
  • After few hours in sleep mode, I suddenly can't wake my laptop with a controller.
  • Sometimes BPM loses focus
  • Sometimes I launch the game and all I can see is the Steam loading screen

Those issues are even more frustrating considering the fact that they are not happening on my Steam Deck. The easiest solution would be to install a Steam OS-like system on my laptop and I would be all in for that, but there are none that would fully support Nvidia graphics that are in my laptop. Some people buy these little handy dandy little Bluetooth KB&M combo, but I don't see it as a solution, I would like to not use it at all. It made me angry to the point where I started to consider getting an Xbox Series. I borrowed XOX from my brother in the meantime, I'm downloading Sea of Stars and Lies of P as I type this. If my experience with Xbox will be positive, it will be a bleak future for my Steam library, and the Asus Strix G16 that I recently bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.