Community MetaSteam | September 2023 - The galaxy awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
You didn't even need to do that, you could just start a group chat with just yourself in it.
No idea how to even do that tbh, but the big + to add a server button is right there. :D
Plus I guess the benefit of having a server is that I can have channels for different types of images, like screenshots and random crap can be separate channels.

But I guess not for long! :rip:

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Looks like it's poorly emulated/bad pc ports collection of games. But it's cheap enough to add to your backlog abyss, so...
Also, add code EXTRASAVERS5 to save a few cents.

I remember seeing Shadow Madness, ODT, Meat Puppet ads in CGW, Gamefan, EGM back in the day.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Do you still need some clunky app or does steam handles dual shock 4 games ?

• Shrug
Reactions: Alextended

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Nice, it'll come to PC too (remaster? update?). Touched up GUI stuff and pad controls will be cool :dmcblob:
The dialogue font is incredibly bad, downright illegible in places even on a PC. Given how they refused to make it larger, I have no idea how you could play this on the Switch in handheld mode. Baffling UI choices. Instead of "remastering" the old ugly font, they should have just chosen a tasteful serif font, and increased font sizes throughout, or at least provide some options for players to do so.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Can't believe I'm reinstalling the demo now. AMD's Frame Generation got me too curious.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Can't believe I'm reinstalling the demo now. AMD's Frame Generation got me too curious.
Will frame generation work on Steam Deck? I'm asking for a friend.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm not sure that'll accomplish much. I think the Steam Deck bonus profile/account items are unlocked from a hardware serial.

In short, you probably need to buy a Deck to unlock them.
Would it also work if you login on the Deck of a friend? If it only checks for a valid hardware serial, but you "activate" multiple accounts on one, then that might be an option if you really don't want to buy one

--

Mom, I want Hollow Knight!
No need, we have Hollow Knight at home:

• Toucan

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
If you asked me which company in the gaming industry is losing money then I for sure would have put the company that has the Fortnite money printer near the bottom of the list. It is actually insane that Tim said they are earning less than they spend. Almost feels like some fucking Hollywood accounting has to be going on for that to be true.

And in retrospect, how remarkably stupid does Tim look after picking a fight with Apple and getting the game kicked off the app store and Google play? A quick search says Fortnite earned 700 million dollars from the app store. You think if they had kept that revenue flowing they maybe would have been able to save a couple of those jobs? Maybe even three? The way this guy is doing business is a complete joke.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Would it also work if you login on the Deck of a friend? If it only checks for a valid hardware serial, but you "activate" multiple accounts on one, then that might be an option if you really don't want to buy one
Don’t think so. I think it’s one unlock per serial. So even if you could get a valid serial, either in hardware or via some VM, you’d basically be taking that entitlement from whoever owns the Deck with that serial number.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Off topic. I manage to get the Third Generation Muramasa (from Full Metal Daemon Muramasa) model kit today.

Edit: Not sure why the image got twisted. Click it to see the normal size.
Dang, what a time to be alive.

Last edited:

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Speaking of Epic what the fuck...

I didn't expect to see the string "Epic Games" in my professional emails, and yet... I see an email about a talk by Simon Peyton Jones (a big deal: one of the lead designers of the Haskell language and compiler), I click, and...

IRIF Distinguished Talks Series
Wednesday November 8, 2023, 11AM, Amphi Turing
Simon Peyton Jones (Epic Games) Beyond functional programming: the Verse programming language

Since joining Epic Games in late 2021, I have been involved in the design and development of Verse, a new, declarative programming language that Epic plans to use as the language of themetaverse.
Verse is extremely ambitious: we want it to allow millions of programmers who have never met towrite code that inter-operates to build a shared virtual 3D simulation in which billions of users can interact. My current focus is on formally specifying the technical heart of Verse. At its core, Verse is a functional logic language, up to now rather a niche subject. In the talk I will give you a sense of what a functional logic language is; I will describe the challenges with giving it a formal definition; and I will sketch our progress in addressing this challenge using denotational semantics, rewrite rules, and a reference interpreter.
Now, there is nothing I don't like in the words "functional logic language", which is not a new concept (e.g. Curry language), but being tied to Epic and UE is not going to do the endeavour any favours, I think.

At least it shows Epic has taste in what they buy with their fuck-you money, sometimes :shrugblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So what games are you day1ing in october? Only I know of right now is Alan Wake 2 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Anything else depends on how much time I have and review scores.

• Sad
Reactions: Ge0force

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Finished RE4RE:Separate Ways and boy, even though I think RE4RE was brilliant on its own, Separate Ways really adds the cherry on top of the cake. My only gripe with RE4RE now is the nerf of the Salazar statue. Personally the OG game is still better (due to nostalgia), but I really would never recommend that one over the remake, due to how much more accessible RE4RE is. GOTY, no questions.

Reactions: Arc and Kal1m3r0

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Musashi expressions are a treasure

Love these. One of these faces is that of a pro shitposter. :LOL:

So what games are you day1ing in october? Only I know of right now is Alan Wake 2 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Anything else depends on how much time I have and review scores.
Well I was gonna get Fate/Samurai and MGS Collection. I was supposed to get a raise in mid-October. But due to some paperwork bullshit from a separate company outside my control, it looks like I won't even be getting paid period until mid-October instead. :anguished-face: So atm, i'm just trying to hold on to whatever cash is left in my account.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im about to try how Jedi Survivor plays on my soon 8 year old PC. I honestly expect myself to wait to play it until I get a new PC (whenever the 5000-series is out).

So my expectations for today is

Status
Not open for further replies.