Community MetaSteam | September 2023 - The galaxy awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Epic hurting for money might increase the chances that their own published games, like Alan Wake 2, will release on Steam too. As a publisher, you kinda want to make money after all. Either that, or Tim Epic is super bitter and is fine with wasting their investment on it.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
out now!

Childhood memories!!!
From the reviews it seems pretty dire, and even worse for someone that never read the manga/watched the anime (that the game just rips off a bit to vaguely try to explain the story)...

The way the game is structured, it looks like a cheap mobile game, with grinding minutes long stages.

• Toucan
Reactions: LRB1983

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
From the reviews it seems pretty dire, and even worse for someone that never read the manga/watched the anime (that the game just rips off a bit to vaguely try to explain the story)...

The way the game is structured, it looks like a cheap mobile game, with grinding minutes long stages.
More like Infinity's Trash, am I right? :cool:

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Epic layoffs was the motivation I needed to calm down at work. Your company will make record profits off your work and you will still be given the boot because the CEO made a booboo and he would rather have you gone that have you onboard to correct course.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
You should just quit if you don't have money for A game.
I thought this was about cyberpunk for a second, mad confused
Epic layoffs was the motivation I needed to calm down at work. Your company will make record profits off your work and you will still be given the boot because the CEO made a booboo and he would rather have you gone that have you onboard to correct course.
I try to tell my managers this when they stress the fuck out but they never listen

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

If they change the controls from tank to something modern, I'm in!
If they change the controls from tank to something modern, I'm out!

Jokes aside, we really need releases like this for more classic games still, most prominently Resident Evil 1-3
It has both the original control scheme and a modern one so you can both buy it. :detectiveblob:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I want to be flippant about the troubles Epic are going through at the moment, but I have to remind myself there are 900 people that have just been layed off.

I would love to be able to gloat how there mismanagement and goading around EGS has lead partly to this, but again people who don't deserve to lose their jobs are.

However what it does do is make me despise the wanker in charge more and more. Their decision to withdraw fortnight from ios and google has caused some of this. Their total lack of awareness and understanding of the PC market place and its customers has lead to some of this. His throwing money at purchasing companies like bandcamp to make a point has led to this. His courtcases against both google and have apple has led to this (even if the aim was one thing I agree with the methods where idiotic).

And the cost to Tim today was probably negligent. The cost to 900 peoples livelihoods on the otherhand is devastating.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

Is already 20% off and it's 28% if you own DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours and the RayForce DLC

I already bought it at full price. I wonder if I'm still in the refund window. :confounded-face:

Incidentally, it's an excellent collection. Easy recommend to any shmup fans. Apparently it doesn't work on Deck, but apart from that it's another quality M2 release, and the games are amazing. I had barely any knowledge of the Ray games before now, but they're peak arcade design. The gameplay is immediately fun and satisfying, and the visuals are great, especially the animations. Some of the enemy robots do be schmovin'.

Reactions: Blu

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Last edited:

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
this game really released 4 years ago
this is a Bamco movement to appear in "recent" releases.
afaik Valve prohibited this practice cause many small publishers were doing this. Amazing Bamco did this with some games recently.
Shows how much i pay attention to Bamco games.

Yeah i remember it very well when steam banned this scummy practice. it was in 2019.
it hurt a lot of smaller devs which had their games push off the new\upcoming lists.
bamco should fuck off.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Sweeney is a clown and I'm not at all surprised the years of pushing his ego-driven pet projects is catching up to Epic, but it sucks that he's not the one suffering the consequences, others are. ...As usual. :disappointed-face:

As for Hyenas... I feel like just pulling the plug on a GaaS game you don't believe in before it even releases is probably better business-wise than releasing, supporting it and having it fail quickly afterwards anyway without making a profit.
Just a bit late to have this realization right when it's basically "done" (though a GaaS game isn't really "done" when it releases, you'll have to already have a ton of future content lined up and a production pipeline in place, so it's entirely possible the game was still not ready for that even though it was playable on a base-level).
And again it's the devs suffering from the consequences of an exec being blinded by GaaS dollars.

Hope everyone lands on their feet.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Tim Sweeney is a scum-sucking parasite.

He’s lobbed a live hand grenade into the lives of 900 people just so he can continue to pursue frivolous lawsuits against Apple.

He acquired the Fall Guys devs, trashed the game’s business model and sent the developers into the Fortnite mines, and is now cutting them loose.

He bought Bandcamp to weaponise against Google and when that didn’t work he discarded an otherwise sustainable and well-run company to what I suspect is some VC asset strippers.

The man is a wrecker.

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Got my hands on a review copy of Disgaea 7 (The game and port seems really solid outside of some small issues), and between that, Soulstice, the new Sonic Frontiers update, and Counter-Strike 2, I'm gonna be quite busy.

Anyways, I was right about the "controller only" warning for Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos being a red flag, the port is incredibly (and shockingly) barebones for Unity standards. The game only runs at 1080p in exclusive fullscreen mode, but I was able to swiftly patch that.

Not that interested in playing more of that (Since better alternatives like Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, and Stardew Valley exist), but I figured I'll quickly put together a mod that fixes the resolution and stuttering problems, adding some graphics options, and (If I can figure it out) fix the game's semi-working KB/M support (only on the main menu and with player/camera movement works without modding). Shockingly, this game is not using IL2CPP. I'm just scratching my head on why the KB+M support is half-finished, and you need it to type anything in-game for your name as well.

On another topic, based on my time with the new Sword Art Online game's demo, the PC port is serviceable. Just avoid the "Very High" graphics option as it does 2X super-sampling (Said graphics option doesn't affect much outside of the resolution scale), and if you have an ultrawide monitor, use the UE4 config tweak listed on PCGW to switch the game to Hor+ scaling (While the game has a camera distance option in-game, this does not apply to battles). PS controller works with the right prompts and such through SteamInput, the port is pretty serviceable from what I played of it.

Last edited:

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Anyways, I was right about the "controller only" warning for Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos being a red flag, the port is incredibly (and shockingly) barebones for Unity standards.
I was telling some ppl the other day that they should not be fooled by the name. this is not the Harvest Moon they want.
The prophecy have been fulfilled.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The bundle with Turbo Overkill and Ultrakill is even cheaper during Realms Deep 2023 at 38% for 28 and change !
Didn’t see that many deals though, maybe it’s me. And as usual, the event page is a mess of genres, but I suppose it’s more of a those dev are our friends and not a Steam can’t do genres this time.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I am genuinely baffled how Epic could be in the red. Like, I get the EGS not making more than they spend on it, but the whole freaking company?

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.