Community MetaSteam | September 2024 - The emperor protects, BOY!

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
But why? That's the greatest experience!

I go to a local cinema thats been here for almost 80 years and the OV shows are almost always entirely empty.

I watched Alien: Romulus with 5 other peope, Furiosa with 3.

The only time it was ever full in the last 7 years was Oppenheimer with all 50 seats taken.

It's great having a Kino entirely to yourself.
Because I felt foolish asking if a there were still seatings for a Star Trek Film :<
Never dared to go back in my shame!

• Sad
Reactions: PC-tan

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Speaking of the Cinema. I went yesterday to see Ninja Scrolls. It was a pretty cool movie. I can see why people like it. The story was a big hard to understand but as time went on, it made more sense. Compared to some other anime movie there definitely was a lot of ultra violent stuff and very sexual stuff.

It was me and just 5 other people there to watch that movie. As I have previously mentioned asides from new Ghibli movies, it's End of Evangelion where the theater was packed full.

But there is a difference between a full theater and an empty theater. I am okay with an empty theater but there are times when you would want a full theater. I remember watching The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and when that one scene happened. You could hear a child ask her mom, "mommy what happened" and while this is happening another women could be heard "gasping" since she couldn't believe what she saw type of thing.

That being said I am not a fan of the MCU movies. I don't think I would ever watch one on opening day. When it was the Andrew and Tobey movie there were maybe a few laughs but when it came to the MCU Spider-Man movies the crowd was way more rowdy and responded way more. They would laugh and cheer way more often.

Speaking of crowd reaction. Based of my understanding of what happens in Japanese movie theaters, people would be surprised to see American movie goes experience with End of Evangelion since people were not quite at all. Because of Eva memes people were laughing very loudly at certain parts of the move. I forget what movie I went to go see recently but I wanted to laugh when this one part came on even though it was a very serious part, but it's always brought up in memes which is why I wanted to laugh.

--------+++---------

Also yesterday was 9/11 (which now that I think about it explains why the flag was at half mass, I thought it was because of the Georgia school shooting). But it has been 23 year since then. In my photography class my instructor showed a picture of a dude that was jumping out of the tower and one of the students thought the image looked pretty cool or something like that. It was a disconnect from me, there is more context to it and can't remember it all but was genuinely shocked by there response. But my main guess is that they didn't really under the concept since they very likely were born after 9/11 happened. They were likely born in 2005/2006

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The hell even happened here? They update the achievements on the wrong game? lol
looks like it. It references shops from the first Devil Summoner game, so presumably that one is dropping. That's a pretty old title, I wonder if they are cool with shipping what is basically a PS1 title on PC (which I wouldn't mind) or if they updated its visuals at all.

Dec 5, 2018
looks like it. It references shops from the first Devil Summoner game, so presumably that one is dropping. That's a pretty old title, I wonder if they are cool with shipping what is basically a PS1 title on PC (which I wouldn't mind) or if they updated its visuals at all.
It mentions Raiho, tho. And AFAIK he only appears in the raidou games (so ps2 games).

• Eyes
Reactions: Mivey

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It mentions Raiho, tho. And AFAIK he only appears in the raidou games (so ps2 games).
It also mentions Raidou, so it's definitely those. If it's a proper remaster, I really hope they're doing both games at once. I don't want another situation like Onimusha where they remaster just the first game and stop there because it sells like shit.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Mivey

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
From like ten minutes of Dragon Quests Monsters TDP: it's not bad! Pretty quick combat too, and the "darker" atmosphere that would usually be kept for late game DQ is an interesting choice.
I'll play more when I have time ( :rolleyes: ).

My only real problem is more technical, the music is... very DQ. And repetitive. And it's not very good looking, despite still being the largest jump the series has ever seen :cold-sweat:
On the other hand, it probably runs on a rotten potato, and better than the Switch version...

Reactions: lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I got a 32'' curved monitor today. (A cheap AOC one)

works fine, the only issue I have is with my HDMI switch, it has no signal when I route it through the switch, my old 27'' normal monitor worked fine
Anyone know what could be the issue?

Dec 5, 2018
There must be more to it because that story doesn't make any sense whatsoever?
Even if there's some information missing it makes sense. they wanted to spin off the company (for some reason) and were working on a deal, the deal fell through and they all resigned in mass.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
I got a 32'' curved monitor today. (A cheap AOC one)

works fine, the only issue I have is with my HDMI switch, it has no signal when I route it through the switch, my old 27'' normal monitor worked fine
Anyone know what could be the issue?
Usually It means that needs more power, are u using It with or without a power adapter? I know that a lot of these things claim to work Independently from a power source but thats only half of the story

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
After living my entire life in my country, things have gotten so bad there that I had to make the painful decision to move out of my country, leaving friends and family behind. These first days of adaptation have been rough, but hopefully, things will get better.

Sorry if it sounds sappy, but please guys never take your free country for granted, living under a dictatorial regime is a nightmare that I don't wish upon anybody.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
After living my entire life in my country, things have gotten so bad there that I had to make the painful decision to move out of my country, leaving friends and family behind. These first days of adaptation have been rough, but hopefully, things will get better.

Sorry if it sounds sappy, but please guys never take your free country for granted, living under a dictatorial regime is a nightmare that I don't wish upon anybody.
I wish you the best of luck in your new beginning.