Community MetaSteam | September 2024 - The emperor protects, BOY!

Mana

Indie & JRPG
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Mintrocket who developed Dave the Diver was tired hearing about the game not being indie, so they became indie:

They turned the internal team into a company. its still Nexon funded/staffed/owned.
But as long as they keep making good paid games thats fine. :)

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
After living my entire life in my country, things have gotten so bad there that I had to make the painful decision to move out of my country, leaving friends and family behind. These first days of adaptation have been rough, but hopefully, things will get better.

ISorry if it sounds sappy, but please guys never take your free country for granted, living under a dictatorial regime is a nightmare that I don't wish upon anybody.
I cant even begin to imagine how this feels. I wish for you to find a new place that you can call home.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
After living my entire life in my country, things have gotten so bad there that I had to make the painful decision to move out of my country, leaving friends and family behind. These first days of adaptation have been rough, but hopefully, things will get better.

Sorry if it sounds sappy, but please guys never take your free country for granted, living under a dictatorial regime is a nightmare that I don't wish upon anybody.
I wish you the best luck

didamangi

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Might give Lollipop a chance once a OST restoration mod drops.

Looking at Steams forums for a moment is just dreary. People are so obsessed with games being woke and what nonsense.
Tried the game. Intro has clipped audio. Audio just seems off in general. Lost of original OST is big in this game IMO. Can't get 4k@60 with my 3080 as well. It's a UE5 remastered, so not surprising. But mainly because the lack of. because it has no graphical options! Just resolution.

Definitely a wait for mods and sale game.

• Sad
  • Toucan
Reactions: Durante and Mivey

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Tried the game. Intro has clipped audio. Audio just seems off in general. Lost of original OST is big in this game IMO. Can't get 4k@60 with my 3080 as well. It's a UE5 remastered, so not surprising. But mainly because the lack of. because it has no graphical options! Just resolution.

Definitely a wait for mods and sale game.
I bought it too; the missing OST is a non-issue for me personally (I dont know the original — I dont have a comparison); the performance on the other hand ... it was dreadful (20-25 fps @ 2560x1440; 1070 Ti, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, Manjaro Linux) until I edited an .ini file (as detailed here). Since then it runs fine ... but not shipping graphics options is such a rookie mistake, and I hope they patch it soon.

I also noticed the game only saves once you completed a level. It has checkpoint saves before that; so you dont have to replay the whole level should you die; but if you decide to quit halfway through a level and continue later, you will have to restart that level. Apparently the original was like that too – but either way, its stupid.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Didn't i give you the invite like only 2 weeks ago?
It's been about a month but who's keeping count?

Anyways for you Dragon Ball fans if anyone's been paying attention to DB Sparking Zero there's a video that's showing a lot of the roster and it's MASSIVE. Even good old Freeza Soldier made it in and apparnetly Daima Goku is the DLC bonus.

Seems like a crazy good time if you're a Dragon Ball fan. Sooo guess I'm opening my wallet then.

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I bought it too; the missing OST is a non-issue for me personally (I dont know the original — I dont have a comparison); the performance on the other hand ... it was dreadful (20-25 fps @ 2560x1440; 1070 Ti, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, Manjaro Linux) until I edited an .ini file (as detailed here). Since then it runs fine ... but not shipping graphics options is such a rookie mistake, and I hope they patch it soon.

I also noticed the game only saves once you completed a level. It has checkpoint saves before that; so you dont have to replay the whole level should you die; but if you decide to quit halfway through a level and continue later, you will have to restart that level. Apparently the original was like that too – but either way, its stupid.
Yeah, if I bought the game I'll probably cared enough to try and edit the ini. It's just such a low effort port, no graphical options, no upscaling options, audio clipping? Why? Removing the cell shading of the original as well. I can forgive the OST because of the nature of licenses now (and there's always a chance it can be modded) but it's not a $40 buy for me.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Usually It means that needs more power, are u using It with or without a power adapter? I know that a lot of these things claim to work Independently from a power source but thats only half of the story
Do you mean the switch? no it has no power source

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
I have a 20 min walk to our Cinema
The last time I was in there, was when Star Trek Nemesis released. I asked the ticket seller if there are still enough tickets for the showing (it was a few days after it released here) and she laughed and asked me which seat I wanted.

There were maybe 5-10 people when the film started.
I never set a foot into the Cinema ever again...
Star Trek Nemesis would've killed my joy for the cinema too, tbf

Saying that I haven't been in 6 years, I have no intention of ever returning.

I used to go with my Mam as a Mother/Son day out thing but we'd both rather stream stuff at home. The last movie we saw at the cinema was fucking Gemini Man with Will Smith lmao

• Hug
  • Sweating
Reactions: PC-tan and Kyougar

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, if I bought the game I'll probably cared enough to try and edit the ini. It's just such a low effort port, no graphical options, no upscaling options, audio clipping? Why? Removing the cell shading of the original as well. I can forgive the OST because of the nature of licenses now (and there's always a chance it can be modded) but it's not a $40 buy for me.
I believe the cell shading is still there. There's "original mode" or something like that that should restore it, at least the dev talked about it at length on Twitter. Is it really not there?

Reactions: didamangi

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I believe the cell shading is still there. There's "original mode" or something like that that should restore it, at least the dev talked about it at length on Twitter. Is it really not there?
I don't think so.

Original:

Repop:

In fact, I'm not sure what the difference is. Maybe it's not working or the cel shading it's just not there for original mode.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I don't think so.

Original:

Repop:

In fact, I'm not sure what the difference is. Maybe it's not working or the cel shading it's just not there for both modes.
this looks like a bug, honestly. This game sounds like it's in a really bad state

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Reminder to check out the excellent gaming YouTube video list

Mana

Indie & JRPG
Nov 25, 2022
Norway

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Sobatronix where did you move to?

restarting ones life in a new country is not easy. Even though I only changed from Finland to France it has been hard as hell, but also immensely rewarding.
I know it's a learning experience, and human beings are resilient enough to adapt and overcome new challenges constantly. I'm taking it step by step.

I moved to the US actually, and the first time I did here is to visit Micro Center. Always wanted to go to one of those stores lol

I also left my gaming rig back in my country, so now I have to manage with laptop gaming💀

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Grandia (emulated Saturn version). Definitely one of the most charming RPGs of that era. It's a bit of a slow burn but the last 10 hours are intense. Justin and Feena are great. The sprite work is fantastic.

Now I'm going to wrap up Ender Lilies and then I need to get back to Tales of Vesperia.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Finished Grandia (emulated Saturn version). Definitely one of the most charming RPGs of that era. It's a bit of a slow burn but the last 10 hours are intense. Justin and Feena are great. The sprite work is fantastic.
That version is better than what's on steam, right? Unfortunately it doesn't appear that version was ever fully fixed, it has the smoothed out sprites and also it's based off the PS1 version. Plus, fast forwarding is so good for those old JRPG, at a least to me, haha.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
That version is better than what's on steam, right? Unfortunately it doesn't appear that version was ever fully fixed, it has the smoothed out sprites and also it's based off the PS1 version. Plus, fast forwarding is so good for those old JRPG, at a least to me, haha.
Yeah, the Saturn version is better.
Almost 30 years after dealing with the crushing disappointment of it not being localized, I finally played it. I spent hours looking at screenshots in magazines back then and still recognized the places in the pictures immediately even after all these years.
Now I need to play Shining Force 3 scenarios 2&3. The translation patches are finally done. Have them ready to go on my Deck. I played scenario 1 before playing Grandia, never picked it up back in the day because they had already announced that the other parts wouldn't be localized.

Reactions: QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im skipping so many bigger games nowadays while playing more indies. I have yet to buy SW Outlaws, Wukong, Space Marine 2, Ragnarok PC.

I will play them at some point, but right now I wanna play What the Car, Astro Bot, Satisfactory, Nine Sols and Skald: Against the Black Priory more.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Me and my brother share our libraries so being able to play on his even when he's using it is huge for me.

I sent out my first Steam Family Share invite to my brother last night but I have a question.

I know Achievements, etc. are fully separate to our user profiles, but what about time played for specific titles?

If I have a title in my library that I've never played, say RDR2, if my brother played it for 1 hour would RDR2 populate in my library and show as 1 hr. played even though I've never touched it?

Not the biggest deal but I do get kinda precious about time-played tracking in general and like it to be as accurate as possible. It also helps when I'm digging around in my library looking for something new to play.

didamangi

Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I sent out my first Steam Family Share invite to my brother last night but I have a question.

I know Achievements, etc. are fully separate to our user profiles, but what about time played for specific titles?

If I have a title in my library that I've never played, say RDR2, if my brother played it for 1 hour would RDR2 populate in my library and show as 1 hr. played even though I've never touched it?

Not the biggest deal but I do get kinda precious about time-played tracking in general and like it to be as accurate as possible. It also helps when I'm digging around in my library looking for something new to play.
Time played is specific to user account as well.

• This!
Reactions: Dragon1893

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
God, this sucks, one of my favorite indie publishers. I did notice that they didn't have a summer showcase event this past summer like they did the past few years, but since they've continued to announce new games this year (including Wanderstop, Mixtape, and Morsels in just the past few months), this still feels awfully sudden. Fuck.
Honestly it sounds like a failed power-play by the people who now have all resigned to get away from the parent company and probably be taken over by someone else - and given all the commercial success and stellar reputation of A.I., that must have been a pretty big fish, possibly a direct competitor to Annapurna Pictures like Netflix or Amazon. None of the big fishes I can think of would have been good news for a premium indie publisher like Annapurna in the long run.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Even indies have it rough. This team deserved more after Mania

Really sad seeing dev layoffs after taking a shot and trying these type of genres like 3D platforming.

The industry really is in the gutters. Its not healthy at all.

Curious how Astro does long term. I haven't seen marketing for it at all.

Its crazy how Nintendo is still the only dev out there who can make a 3D platformer that can sell 10+ million.

Makes you wonder if Nintendo going 3rd party would even matter and just how much they could sell to PS4/Xbox/Steam players.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Really sad seeing dev layoffs after taking a shot and trying these type of genres like 3D platforming.

The industry really is in the gutters. Its not healthy at all.

Curious how Astro does long term. I haven't seen marketing for it at all.

Its crazy how Nintendo is still the only dev out there who can make a 3D platformer that can sell 10+ million.

Makes you wonder if Nintendo going 3rd party would even matter and just how much they could sell to PS4/Xbox/Steam players.
They have been doing a lot of marketing actually. But even then things sadly have not been looking that well. While people are liking the game it doesn't look like a lot of people are actually buying the game.