Community New music / recommendations

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Holy shit Nirvana did a John Peel Session? that's fucking awesome. There's something about that studio and their set up that makes (nearly) every band sound fucking amazing. Especially the more extreme music like Napalm Death. Nothing they record on their own will reach the quality (or lack thereof) of the Peel Sessions to me. Awesome, thanks for posting, Stevey

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Holy shit Nirvana did a John Peel Session? that's fucking awesome. There's something about that studio and their set up that makes (nearly) every band sound fucking amazing. Especially the more extreme music like Napalm Death. Nothing they record on their own will reach the quality (or lack thereof) of the Peel Sessions to me. Awesome, thanks for posting, Stevey
Hole did a couple as well, think Nirvana did 2 or 3.

• Love
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I heard the lyrics to this song from a friend whose brother loved HMHB when we were in high school and they've stuck with me through the years. Here's the Peel session i probably first heard it on late at night in bed listening to Peel Sessions on my single speaker transistor radio.

A classic.

As is this medley/merge from another Peel Session.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

new Beth Gibbons song – new album out on May 17 :)

Really looking for it, her last album – from 2002, jeez – was brilliant.

———

new Kim Gordon song – new album out on March 8 :)

same thing here, her last album (this one is more recent, 2019), was brilliant :)

Reactions: lashman