Community New music / recommendations

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
I stumbled through Chinese pop on Spotify for like 15 minutes after a misidentified Shazam linked me to a Chinese song and then I just followed the related stuff.

And eventually found this:

Alternate links

As best as I can tell, it's not a song about Untitled Goose Game, despite the cover. But it's weirdly catchy in a cheesy sort of way?!?

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
In case anyone needs this in thier lives.

Neil Cicierega released another album of mashups, it's free to download as well if you want your own copy.

Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Ah the Pixies song is quite good! Their last album was, too! Paz is quite a formidable singer :)

~

I just read in the news that Billie Eilish released her James Bond theme song video, and I went to see it and...it is very boring. I mean, her album was praised to high heavens a while ago so I listened in and it was the same, so I wasnt really surprised. However, Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr collaborated on that song, so at least there's those elements that are noticable and make it a bit more passable. I get it, its not cool anymore to shit on popular things, but my god I dont get the hype for that music at all. Its just such a forgettable, exchangable snoozefest. But the comments on the YT video were so full of adoration as if she's literally god bringing them paradise or something. Honestly bizarre. I get loving stuff, of course, and getting excited when your favourite artists bring out new stuff. Sure, happens to me too, but dear god, its like those people have never listened to music before at all.
Right, sorry for that rant. Now back to being oblivious to the existance of Billie Eilish :p

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP

Deleted member 113

If anyone remembers Danny Elfman not as a soft spoken film and tv composer, but as the hell-raiser who used to kick all sorts of ass as the frontman for the new wave band Oingo Boingo, it seems we might be in for a big surprise.

5 years ago, on Halloween, exactly 20 years after Oingo Boingo's farewell show, he did what he said he never would: he grabbed the same guitar he used on the final concert, and performed Dead Man's Party (a personal favourite of mine for the Halloween season) as an encore on one of the Nightmare Before Christmas live cast performances.

And now, as we approach Halloween 2020, and the 25th anniversary of not only Oingo Boingo's end, but also the farewell of him as a new wave/pop rock artist, he has posted the following:

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Today we recommend revisiting another beloved pop classic from the 00's, also prominently featured on GTA V's Non-Stop Pop FM 100.7 radio station. This version removes the staccato 4/4 rhythms and by doing so turns the song into the no-holds-barred tear-jerking ode about the frustration and pain of a failing relationship that it is at heart.
Featuring Zara Larsson on vocal duty and Jules Buckley conducting the Heritage Orchestra.

Alternate links

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018

I don't know how I haven't posted. Kicking myself over it. Not only is it spooky season, but more importantly (to me) IT IS ROCKTOBER, BABY!!!!!!!!
This starts with Pet Semetary, in keeping with spooky season, but hell yeah i time stamped it straight to the best live version of Carbona Not Glue!!!

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
why do you think i posted it in the first place? ;)
I dunno - it IS a beautiful song in its own right even if one doesnt know the background, but I figured you would surely know about it; but not everyone else might, and its interesting to know about them, I think. :)

• Hug

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Listen, (lowers voice), I'm not that much into the whole spoopy season thing, but if it's your thing, I'm enough of an imaginary music-recommendation maitre'd professional to come up with something. Never worry. Just please don't make me and the rest of the waitstaff dress up as ghosts. Please.

Please.

Alternate links

OP

Deleted member 113

Here's a couple of tracks from the horror films I watched last night. ;)

From Double Date:

From Nightmare Beach:

Last edited by a moderator:

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
Oh, you're back. You really do enjoy the pumpkin-heavy menu and the horror theme, don't you. Well you're in luck, after the psychological horror from last week, the chef has upped the ante to existential dread. Have fun with that.

Alternate links

[I will never get used to this forum software's weird idea about auto-grouping consecutive replies, sorry for the spam. It showed me an error every time I tried to reply, but then posted the reply anyway, which I only noticed after the fifth time]

Last edited: