Community New music / recommendations

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
RIP
I had a poke about and there's a couple of people who streamed about them after hearing the news. Good to see.
Also, cool to see there's video from back in 1998 at a venue in Chicago.

• Love
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Some new releases :)

New EP by Within Temptation:

(5 songs repeated as instrumentals for some reason, but either way, quite good as usual)

New album by The Damned:

(goth rock survivors from the 80s ;) )

New EP by Secret Sign:

(80s-tinged synth pop)

New album by Everything but the Girl (yep!):

(their first album since 1999)

New song by PJ Harvey (new album out July 7):

(her first album since 2016)

New song by Kylie Minogue (new album out September 22):

(Kylie returning to electro-pop after 2020's "Disco", which featured, ahem, disco music)

New song by Motorpsycho (new album out June 16)

(my favourite Norwegians leaning towards acoustic folksy psychedelic rock this time around)

New songs by Immortal * (new album out May 26)

* I guess if one member basically kicks out the others and keeps the band name after a legal battle, it still technically counts, yes? ;)

New songs by Sparks (new album out May 26)

(these guys have been around for 50+ years now...)

New compilation by The Wedding Present:

(calling a 29-song-record "24 songs" eh? either way, this is a compilation of a project they did last year; they released new two songs every month for a year and now bundled it up as a full album)

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018

When I first head John Prine had passed, it didn't hit me as hard as I thought, his music was important to me when i was a teenager. I picked up a couple stickers and one of em was a John Prine sticker...listened to this first album again the other night and man, i don't know why, but i can't tell you how fast the gloom hit me. Weird it's already been 3 years.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
RIP Teresa Taylor ( Teresa Nervosa ) drummer of the mad-as-fek Butthole Surfers.

Most will know them from their album "Locust Abortion Technician" and their track "Pepper" from the Electric Larryland album.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Hanabie.
Pardon Me, I Have To Go Now
Metalcore
Hanabie is weird. They're a super creative group of girls who mix metal, pop, and rap together. Their songs are often irreverent or just for fun, so it's amusing to hear the vocalist screaming about cake or how she plans to murder someone who cheated on her. With each new song, they improve more and more. They have a lot of energy and their music is engaging, fun, and oftentimes bordering on chaotic.
Wanted to post this since I found the band accidentally clicking the video on youtube but it seems I'm lttp. Gonna watch your full recommendation later :)

I like this one as well.

Stumble on this Belarusian band when searching reviews of a matx pc case, lol.

Reactions: Stevey and LEANIJA

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Some recent new artists from the WherePostRockDwells channel...

Some live stuff...

Album premieres...

It's a great channel and really deserves more attention and support, there's a lot of these channels around doing good work.
Give 'em some views, likes and comments, it does actually help and it makes the people feel good too.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Released after 34 years. The Veldt & Cocteau Twins - Everlasting Gobstopper.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Saw these mentioned in a metal thread in another place so here we go...
Apparently Midnight were great live which got the poster to look up more of their stuff as they knew nothing about them.

DesolationStone

Sep 17, 2020
Italy
noblogo.org
Sinéad O'Connor died :(
She was... I'm at a loss for words, I've been in tears and sadness since yesterday. Less than a month ago I wrote a 20 page article about her and still, still there is something to say. (The majority of) people really don't know, really don't know who Sinéad O'Connor was, her music, her message, her art.
Here she was 23 years old and with just her voice, without the help of any band or any choreography, she destroyed the entire American music industry. She was already a legend.
Other amazing songs that, unluckily, not many knows
(This song is a B-side of Mandinka from 1987, never released otherwise, what a shame.)
This was her very first song, in 1986, when she was just 19. The first word she sang was "afraid". She was... I still don't know what to say, at least for me she was literally everything.
In the 1990', an Italian journalist described her as "Tellurica" (do not confuse it with the english telluric), something of "shocking intensity or depth: like a earthshaking scream"
Her scream at the 3 minute mark always makes me cry.
This was to be her final concert. The last song of the show is "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance", a song dedicated to her first husband, John Reynolds, who plays drums behind her and has produced her entire discography over 35 years (if that's not love...). Before the song begins, she introduces the members of the band and herself as "the bald one that sings".

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Ami is playing the original Tomb Raider and a lot of new people are learning how great the music in those games is.

I ripped the audio from my Tomb Raider CDs and made a medley CD to listen to in work and then made MP3s for my player too.
Gorgeous. So nostalgic for me too.

I'm sure i've shilled the New Dawn remix & reorchestration of MW2 in here before but i don't care! Listen again folks!

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Bad Apple is a classic but this is madness.
Basically they split the video into frames, then split the video into a 16x16 grid and for each grid choose a frame from the video that most closely matches it. Mad AF.