Community Photography - We Might Have a Thing for Light

OP
Monooboe

Monooboe

Vagabond Perv Photographer
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
www.fancierlust.com
I used to store them on my server with an extra copy on an external hard drive for redundancy. I've only went out of my way to shoot photos once in the past 5 years which was of a local airshow for my Uncle. Let me tell you, using an 18-55 kit lens to shoot photography of small flying aircraft is fun times. And for sure, I'll post a few shots when I get back.
Yeah back in the day I used to have an external drive for backup, then on my HD in a PC AND on a NAS. I'm thinking that I should at minimum get another external since my laptop can't store that much. Having 2TB on google cloud is expensive but when it comes to cloud storage when it comes to price and functionality they are pretty good.

Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

MetaMember
Apr 18, 2019
Hey speaking of backups, I'm sitting on about 1tb of photos from a couple years traveling, any good online solution that's below 20 bucks a month?

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
Hey speaking of backups, I'm sitting on about 1tb of photos from a couple years traveling, any good online solution that's below 20 bucks a month?
pCloud is a name I hear chucked around a lot by photographer acquaintances -
pCloud - File Security Made Simple | pCloud - 9.99 a month for 2TB.

I personally use Sync which is well priced -

You also have good old Uncle Google and Dropbox which I believe should be under $20.

Swenhir

MetaMember
Apr 18, 2019
After looking at how these things work under the hood, I think I'm going to try Amazon Glacier. Seems like there's a bit of technical stuff to take care of but I know enough Java to get it done, I think.

OP
Monooboe

Monooboe

Vagabond Perv Photographer
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
www.fancierlust.com
Puh it has taken too long for me to try and settle for a new "look" for my photos. I wanted something with much stronger colours but at the same time felt "timeless" and incorporated things I liked with black and white photos.

Here's an older photo that I experimented with and I think I'm finished. But the look mostly works with sunny Paris haha. I made a preset for it but it only works for photos taken with my old OnePlus so need to do lots more tweaking for my other cameras.

How it used to be:

And the new: