Community Photography - We Might Have a Thing for Light

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Nice shot! And holy cow, this is flat. I wonder whereabouts this was taken, feels northern europe-y :).
Yup.
This is the Torne River, pic was taken from our little light traffic bridge. :blobmorning2: I couldn't see shit when taking the pic so I'm glad it turned out fine. Need to dig out my sunglasses soon. 😎
Even though the bridge and the land masses it connect are in Finland, in the pic the right bank is Sweden and the left bank is Finland. 🇫🇮 🤝 🇸🇪

Reactions: Swenhir

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hey I'm think of getting one of those fancy Sony alpha camera. I'm not sure which one to get though. I will likely end up getting it closer to the end of the year.

OP
Le Pertti

Le Pertti

0,70% Steam Boy 100% Xbox Bro
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
pertti.fr
Hey I'm think of getting one of those fancy Sony alpha camera. I'm not sure which one to get though. I will likely end up getting it closer to the end of the year.
You mean one of those Sony A cameras? I use the Sony A7 and I love it. You can get the A7 II for around 1000€, which was what I got the A7 for.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
You mean one of those Sony A cameras? I use the Sony A7 and I love it. You can get the A7 II for around 1000€, which was what I got the A7 for.
I was looking into potentially getting the a7 III

It looks pretty cool. One thing I would have to get though is a flash for it. With the photos that I take now on my Canon rebel t5 I don't really use the flash but it's there as an option. One of the things that I really wanted to do was geo location stuff that some camera can do like smartphones. Is there an add on that Sony makes that does that?

OP
Le Pertti

Le Pertti

Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
pertti.fr
I was looking into potentially getting the a7 III

It looks pretty cool. One thing I would have to get though is a flash for it. With the photos that I take now on my Canon rebel t5 I don't really use the flash but it's there as an option. One of the things that I really wanted to do was geo location stuff that some camera can do like smartphones. Is there an add on that Sony makes that does that?
Ah yes I dream of getting a A7 III!

For the location stuff, if you use Lightroom you can manually just geo tag it. Sure its not ideal but it can be fun to tag photo.

OP
Le Pertti

Le Pertti

Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
pertti.fr
Decided to get the A7 II, even though I already have the A7. I've been using it every day for years now, so I feel I really need a backup camera. The A7 II was just 1000€ and the A7 III is over 2000€ and that is quite a jump and would take me a few life times to save up.

The only plus I will now get is the image stabilisation, since I only shoot by hand, it is a nice welcome.

Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Decided to get the A7 II, even though I already have the A7. I've been using it every day for years now, so I feel I really need a backup camera. The A7 II was just 1000€ and the A7 III is over 2000€ and that is quite a jump and would take me a few life times to save up.

The only plus I will now get is the image stabilisation, since I only shoot by hand, it is a nice welcome.
Oh yes, VR makes those <1/50s shutter speeds practical. Definitively a worthy get, along with no doubt the better IQ and various embedded improvements.

Reactions: Le Pertti

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Le Pertti I was thinking of getting a light box for photography. The thing is that I want a pretty big one that is at least 36 inches or 90cm in all 3 dimensions.

I'm not too sure what too look for in a light box. The reason that I want one that big is because some of the stuff that I have (such as Lego) are that tall/big they may and I don't think I need to take a full capture of those things. Everything else that I will be taking pictures of should be smaller. But that is maybe where 50% of my photography will end up taking place, which also means that I will eventually have to get a tri-pod or something.

OP
Le Pertti

Le Pertti

Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
pertti.fr
Le Pertti I was thinking of getting a light box for photography. The thing is that I want a pretty big one that is at least 36 inches or 90cm in all 3 dimensions.

I'm not too sure what too look for in a light box. The reason that I want one that big is because some of the stuff that I have (such as Lego) are that tall/big they may and I don't think I need to take a full capture of those things. Everything else that I will be taking pictures of should be smaller. But that is maybe where 50% of my photography will end up taking place, which also means that I will eventually have to get a tri-pod or something.
Light boxes are quite simple really, its just a cube of white cloth that you shine a light on to get diffuse light. Even bigger ones should not be that expensive, at least don't go for the expensive ones. Think the bigger issue with bigger ones is to get enough light, you don't want a light source right next to it, it will behave more spot light.

About tripod, always good to have a tripod! I rarely use it but I am still glad to have one when I do need it.:)

Reactions: PC-tan