News Sports, Anyone?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
The Giants apparently discovered 2019 football and they're mesmerized by this weird thing. Jokes aside, it looks like there's finally hope for the team.

The Browns look pretty clueless out there.

I won't comment on the hawks game, just know that I spent the entire game like my avatar. The whole game can be summarized by Chris Carson slipping over and over due to bad shoes for the rain. In Seattle. Amateur hour - the football game. Awful.

Reactions: Trisolarian

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
The Giants apparently discovered 2019 football and they're mesmerized by this weird thing. Jokes aside, it looks like there's finally hope for the team.

The Browns look pretty clueless out there.

I won't comment on the hawks game, just know that I spent the entire game like my avatar. The whole game can be summarized by Chris Carson slipping over and over due to bad shoes for the rain. In Seattle. Amateur hour - the football game. Awful.
Jets pathetic but not because of their hapless players, their coaching was awful.

Giants, good first start for Jones, everyone can be encouraged but we need to remain calm. He will have a 4 interception day and blow games as well as win them. Development is two steps forward one step back.

OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Jets pathetic but not because of their hapless players, their coaching was awful.

Giants, good first start for Jones, everyone can be encouraged but we need to remain calm. He will have a 4 interception day and blow games as well as win them. Development is two steps forward one step back.
Giants got away with one. Bucs blew that.

Reactions: Trisolarian

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Giants got away with one. Bucs blew that.
Honestly, the win was just a bonus. Its a trash year. I've seen the movie of a manning lead giants go 0-4 a lot in the past six years. Team wasn't flat, team wasn't boring and we're finally doing the logical thing and playing for tomorrow rather than a today where fourth in our division.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Wings kick off the NHL season with two back to back games Sat/Sun

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Are you a Lions fan forreal?

I have to admit, they are hella loyal. I didn't understand the fandom of teams that are mediocre until I started going to the games (always to see the visiting team OFC. My team is SF, and I went in 2006 to see Frank Gore score like a 50+ yard TD run).

Lions were beasts in the 50's. Then integration + AFL merger happened, and welp....

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Are you a Lions fan forreal?

I have to admit, they are hella loyal. I didn't understand the fandom of teams that are mediocre until I started going to the games (always to see the visiting team OFC. My team is SF, and I went in 2006 to see Frank Gore score like a 50+ yard TD run).

Lions were beasts in the 50's. Then integration + AFL merger happened, and welp....
Passively, I'm like 90% hockey 10% other sports... and that's probably because I'm a Detroit native. I'll never leave.

I grew up in the Barry Sanders era so Lions fans had something to get excited about back then.

Honestly, I think it'd be weirder to prefer a team which wasn't from my hometown.
I'll never forget seeing shit like this as a kid though either

Reactions: Phoenix RISING
OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Passively, I'm like 90% hockey 10% other sports... and that's probably because I'm a Detroit native. I'll never leave.

I grew up in the Barry Sanders era so Lions fans had something to get excited about back then.

Honestly, I think it'd be weirder to prefer a team which wasn't from my hometown.
I'll never forget seeing shit like this as a kid though either

I'm not a Michigan native, but I was here for the "Defeated" season. Worse than the 0-14 Bucs.

Then the Browns outdid you so you don't thave to be alone.

Reactions: teezzy
OP
Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
oh wow, didn't even realize you resided in AA, Phoenix RISING
Ypsilanti specifically, but A2 as they call it around here is down the street. I pay enough in property taxes for it to still count, lol.

But to non-Michiganders who can't properly pronounce Ypsi, let alone know where it is, I just say I live near A2 to keep things simple.

I love it, especially compared to the misery that is (East) Lansing. And civilization in Detroit is just a 45 minute drive. The perfect mix for a Southerner like me who prefers almost-rural suburbia with access to the urban.

Reactions: teezzy

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
haha oh fuck couldn't catch it live but I just watched the game (didn't know the score). That was so damn close. 4-1! Let's go!

Also, Thompson GOAT!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Omg Metcalf what the fuck was that? Really the perfect closure to an awful game.

Jackson can’t be stopped, apparently.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Fuck the astros. Die like fucking diseased dogs in the WS and fuck off into the sun afterwards. Its the fans I can't stand in places like Deadspin. Makes reading that site, which I really like, impossible. Smarmy ass fucks.

Reactions: Routa

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I mean, between Yankee fans and Astro fans, the better fanbase made it to the World Series at least!
Not on the sites that I go to. I know you joke but I'm legitimately pissed the fuck off and the nastiness of all of the former gawker sites is off the charts. Fucking slime everywhere. Just like a forum I used to go to.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Fucking Jets.

Between the sports themselves and the media surrounding it, which in the NYC area is endless and all of it absurd, I might take the WS and football off for a few weeks.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I thought about it more, and I remembered that the dumbass Astros fans gave Yuli Gurriel a standing ovation after his racist incident, so I've come to the same conclusion.

Down with the Astros.
I get the case for the hating on the Yankees, I do and fuck knows we have our share of pricks on the roster. (Active rosters, to say nothing of those who on are the exempt list atm......) Just got tired of the astro knob polishing by the writers and commenters, there and elsewhere.

Reactions: Samson

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
River Plate is going to play the Libertadores final again this year! The referee was awful, but we still managed to hold on to our 2-0 lead, and while we lost 1-0 the second leg of the semi-finals, that was enough to get us through. Marcelo Gallardo is a living legend.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Living in the Hamilton era is one where I'm sure I'll look back and be like "Wow, what an incredible line of dominance to live through. I was really lucky!"

But right now, boy am I ready to skip ahead to like 2021 so we can see some new faces lmao.

(but yeah, congrats to the dude)
Yup. I’d like to see what can Albon do down the line. And my boy Perez with a better car than that shitcan they give him.

Btw fuck yeah Seahawks! Never retire Wilson.

Reactions: Samson

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Fuck the Giants, who will surely lose to the unholy ones themselves, THE COWBOYs.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Pats lost. 49ers still undefeated.

FSU fired their HC.

Great week in football for me.

I even got to read a few Spurs articles! So NBA starting off good too!
Jets Giants both lose, horrible week. Next Sunday is the dreadful bowl at Met Life. Whew.... I can't drink bc I have work on monday but boy I'm going to need a drink after that one. Maybe a shower.

Good news is we have Seahawks vs 49ers on Sunday night.

Holyeee Fuucckkk, he looks like a classic flasher/creeper. Jesus wept. How did I miss this?

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I spent the whole night up to watch the game. I'm half dead but holy shit.

If both teams keep going like this, week 17 rematch will be HUGE.

Whoever made the Hawks schedule clearly hates me, btw. 4 straight games at night here, I can't handle it. I'll most likely watch the others on demand for breakfast.

I wanted to fly to Seattle to watch a game this season and now I regret I didn't.

Last edited:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Jesus, I saw the Browns and Steelers fight. Garret needs to be suspended for the rest of the year, everyone else involved two games, fines all around. Fucking shit show. Any attempt by another player to take their helmet off needs to be slapped down hard because of what happens when the helmet does get taken off. This includes what Rudolph did before Garret got the upper hand and actually took off rudolphs helmet.

Idk about criminal charges though.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Jesus, I saw the Browns and Steelers fight. Garret needs to be suspended for the rest of the year, everyone else involved two games, fines all around. Fucking shit show. Any attempt by another player to take their helmet off needs to be slapped down hard because of what happens when the helmet does get taken off. This includes what Rudolph did before Garret got the upper hand and actually took off rudolphs helmet.

Idk about criminal charges though.
Yeah Garrett is toast, he lost his marbles foolishly.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Yeah Garrett is toast, he lost his marbles foolishly.
Poor browns team....Wait, scratch that. Poor Browns fans. They got sold a bill of goods, to put it nicely. This is textbook example of a team with a ton of talent flaming out because EVERYTHING except the talent on this team is garbage.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Rudloph needed to be suspended for a couple of games, there need to be seriously reprocussions for players trying to take the helmets off of another player.

Reactions: Routa

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Poor browns team....Wait, scratch that. Poor Browns fans. They got sold a bill of goods, to put it nicely. This is textbook example of a team with a ton of talent flaming out because EVERYTHING except the talent on this team is garbage.
Fire Kitchens. :weary-face: