|OT| The 2021 MetaCouncil's Addiction Log (track your finished games here!)

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Greetings, anime comrades and counter revolutionaries!

2020 was a shit year but don't let that get in the way of our gaming goals, especially for the anime games! Track your progress to the cause on this thread. Reserve a post and edit it as you progress on your list. Writing a thought about the game you just finished is encouraged though!

Also, there's no rule for what constitutes a 'finished' game. Played for 15 minutes and dropped it? Log it here. Played 100h of Multiplayer and feel like you got satisfied with it? Log it here! You have a game from 1995 and you just finished it today? It is welcome here.

Happy gaming folks!

:blobyesanime:

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Reserving my post as the people living in the future are asleep.

1. Fractured Minds | Xbox Series X, 30 minutes, Jan 7th | 3/5
2. Carto | Xbox Series X, 7 hours, Jan 18th | 4/5
3. Super Mario 64 | Nintendo Switch, 10 hours, Jan 24th| 5/5
4. Paratopic | PC, 1 hour, Feb 13th| 4/5
5. Hitman 3 | Xbox Series X, 9 hours, Feb 22nd | 4/5
6. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell | Xbox Series X, 8 hours, March 4th | 5/5
7. The Last of Us Part II | PlayStation 4, 27 hours, April 13th | 4/5
8. Apex Legends Season 8 Battle Pass | PC, too many hours, May 2nd | 3/5
9. Resident Evil Village | Xbox Series X, 10 hours, May 12th | 5/5
10. Metal Slug | PC, 30 minutes, July 1st | 5/5
11. Metal Slug X | PC, 1 hour, July 5th | 5/5
12. Apex Legends Season 9 Battle Pass | PC, too many hours, July 19th | 5/5
13. Dusk | PC, 7 hours, Aug 22nd | 5/5
14. Quake | PC, 6 hours, Aug 27th | 5/5
15. Resident Evil Remake HD | Xbox Series X, 10 hours, Oct 1st | 5/5
16. Katamari Damacy | Xbox Series X, 6 hours, Oct 2nd | 5/5
17. Control Ultimate Edition | Xbox Series X, 23 hours, October 11th | 5/5
18. Metroid Dread | Nintendo Switch, 20 hours | 5/5

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Reserving my post here.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish some games in January as I have some already started but not finished.

01. Cyberpunk 2077
Total playtime:
85h35m
Thoughts: I liked the main story and some side quests were pretty cool. Regarding bugs I was in the camp were the game bugged the hell out, cars spawning right bellow my character while driving, being unable to jump or shoot, quests triggers failing and I can keep going. Albeit all of this I still enjoyed my time with the game, I just wish I had encountered less bugs.

02. Yakuza Like a Dragon
Total playtime
: 69h33m
Thoughts: Finally managed to beat the game. It was the best Yakuza I've played it so far, I liked the new city, the new characters and even the combat changes.

03. In Other Waters
Total playtime
: 05h34m
Thoughts: Keeping the trending of finishing games I've started in 2020 I did a final push and finished the story. What has a nice sci-fi story where you explore part of the planet Gliese 667Cc (a real exoplanet!) in search of your ex-partner who went there to study it. You find a place full of life and a lot of secrets.

04. Flood of Light
Total playtime:
8h
Thoughts: Keeping in theme of going back to games I've started and not finished I choose Flood of Light as my next game. It's relatively short, though I'm dumb when playing puzzles games so I had to look up the solutions in some rooms. The game has a cozy feelin, maybe it's the mix of the music and the rain sounds.

05. Eliza
Total Playtime:
5h
Thoughts: I started this game in 2019. It may not look but it's a VN made by Zachtronics (SpaceChem, Opus Magnum, etc). It brings a somewhat interesting discussion about AI, corporations and depression.

06. The Beginner's Guide
Total Playtime:
01h50m
Thoughts: Just play it if you're into meta narrative games, the experience was worth it.

07. Koral
Total Playtime:
~3h
Thoughts: A puzzle game where you must bring back life to corals. The puzzles weren't hard, only by the last few levels I had to thought a little. There are collectibles in each level in the form of facts about the ocean and the maritime life.

08. Hades
Total Playtime:
25h
Thoughts: It deserves all the praise it got, Hades has that "just one more try" feel that keep me engaged in playing various sessions. I'm still not properly done as there are more things to unlock, I just considered my first successful attempt in beating the game as it being finished.

09. Yakuza 3 Remastered
Total Playtime:
41h
Thoughts: Even in the remastered version the game can feel a bit dated in some parts also the way the story progress is a mess, and you get a huge info dump in later chapters. Okinawa is a nice setting and contrasts well with Kamurocho, overall I enjoyed the game.

10. Yakuza 4 Remastered
Total Playtime:
61h
Thoughts: It's an improvement over the previous game. The game is set solely in Kamurocho, with the orphanage appearing only briefly, though the city feels more lively than the previous game. Having 4 protagonists with different gameplay helped the game in not feeling stale, though Kiryu's part feels like it was rushed.

11. Mail Mole
Total Playtime:
8h
Thoughts: It's a platformer where you play as a mail mole! Each world has 4 levels where you need to deliver a mail while eventually collecting carrots to buy new clothes and finding the hidden and the 3 radishes hidden around the levels. The game controls well and once you understand how to use the movements you can move pretty fast through the levels, though it lacks an option to reassign the controller buttons.

12. Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth-
Total playtime:
~10h
Thoughts: While the game is clearly inspired artistically by Castlevania: SOtN it's not a metroidvania. The progress is very linear and you can get new abilities as you advance through the game, and even though you can access some new places after acquiring a new ability it's usually a minor buff/item/spell.. It's not long, and may take a lot less than 10 hours as there were times that I went away from my PC and let the game open.

13. Toree 3D
Total playtime:
1h30m
Thoughts: It's a short 3D platform that was featured in Haunted PS1 Demo Disc 2021. The game controls well, has 2 more characters to unlock and you can try to get A grade in the levels.

14. Disco Elysium - The Final Cut
Total Playtime:
38h
Thoughts: It's still Disco Elysium but now fully voiced! I quite liked the narrator and the new voice actors did not bother me, there were some random crashes that weren't present in the original game but nothing that can take the enjoyment from this game.

15. Yakuza 5 Remastered
Total Playtime:
92h44m
Thoughts: I enjoyed it as all the previous Yakuza games I've played though it definitely feel bloated in certain aspects.

16. Demolition Racer No Exit
Total Playtime:
Around 6 hours or less
Thoughts: Great soundtrack, though it does not control as well but still a blast to play.

17. Looney Tunes Space Race
Thoughts:
I love that game when I was younger, it was Looney Tune racing in space tracks! It's not a hard game and it's pretty short if you focus only in the main races, though doing the Time Trials, Challenges and Events will only be a few more hours of gameplay.

18. Path of Exile
Thoughts:
Beat the 10 story acts. Good game though as it had ton of content updates since the last time I played I was completely lost, there were a lot of new things and I was just too lazy to learn everything new.

19. R-Type Final 2
Thoughts:
I was eagerly waiting for this game since it was announced! It was exactly what i was expecting, a hard shmup involving memorization, pattern recognition and honing personal abilities. Finished the main campaign around 5 or 6 times and I'll get back to it once more ships are realeased.

20. Aerial_Knight's Never Yield
Thoughts:
Short but stylish auto runner.

21. Minoria
Thoughts:
I started it back in 2019 but I stopped playing almost at the ending for reasons I don't remember right now. Picked it again this year and started from zero, my memory was still good as I remembered mostly of what I had played previously. It's an enjoyable game, with a moody soundtrack. My only issue is with the visual effects, sometime it could be hard to understand what was going on with in the screen.

22. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Thoughts:
A worth end to Kiryu's saga. You only control him through the whole game and some beloved characters are absent for plot reasons, but the new characters introduced are charismatic.

23. Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Varnhold's Lot
Thoughts:
It's short (around 9 hours) and it's better to be played between act 3 and 4 from the main campaign. You play as Varn's general so your choices are about advising him on different matters. I'm curious how it will play out in the main campaingn, mainly because how it ended.

24. Mini Motorways
Total Playtime:
2h
Thoughts: Finished all the cities included so far. It's lovely, relaxing but can get a bit hectic like the predecessor

25. Olija
Total Playtime:
6h
Thoughts: One of the surprises for 2021. My only knowledge about Olija was a trailer I've watched, thought it looked interesting and I decided to buy it and I can say I'm not regretful about that decision. I'll classify it as a cinematic platformer without the heavy movement that games like Another World has.

Olija's whole premise is pretty simple, you play as a shipwrecked captain that arrives in an unknown and hostile land. You travel through islands collecting the needed keys to open the portal that will take you back to home. The plot is nothing new and was already used in many games and other medias, though it works well here.

Besides the cleary Another World inspiration I feel Olija also drinks from Chinese and Japanese movies. The songs used also works well to set the mood. Highly recommended.

26. Alpaca Stacka
Total Playtime:
8m
Thoughts: It's very short and I guess it must be a student game. The alpaca and the chicks are cute, I just disliked the control as the y axis is inverted.

27. Garden Story
Total Playtime:
27h
Thoughts:

28. Haven Park
Total Playtime:
4h
Thoughts:

29. Horizon Chase Turbo
Total Playtime:
18h
Thoughts:

30. Candy Box 2
Total Playtime:
?
Thoughts:

31. Psychonauts 2
Total Playtime:
20h
Thoughts:

32. Toree 2
Total Playtime:
3h
Thoughts:

33. KUUKIYOMI 3: Consider It More and More!! - Father to Son
Total Playtime:
1.5h
Thoughts:

34. Industria
Total Playtime:
4h
Thoughts: The game is quite intriguing, and the plot grabed my attention the whole time. After finishing I left the game wanting to know more about that world, to kow exactly what was happening.

Playing through it you can definitelly feel how influential the Half Life franchise was to the developers. Be it the opening, the city design and even some sound effects. One important aspect that helps to differentiate it from HL is the main character being voiced (I know Alyxe is voice on HL:A but you get what I meam) and imo the VO was good.

Even though I liked the game I can't say that it doesn't have issues. In the actual build I found some objects missing colision, the performance also feels a bit over the place but I won't comment much about it as my pc is a bit outdated.

If you want something to quench your thirsty for a new non VR HL game I recommend Industria, just keep in mind the current state of the game.

35. Jack Axe
Total Playtime
: 5h46m
Thoughts;

36. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2
Total Playtime:
8h
Thoughts:

37. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Total Playtime:
170h
Thoughts: GOTY material right here.

38. Forza Horizon 5
Total Playtime:
130h
Thoughts: Great game, I completed all the activities and now I'm doing only the seasonal goals and trying to get better times.

39. Control Ultimate Edition
Total Playtime:
30h
Thoughts: I still need to play through the two story DLC. The experience so far has been good.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

January:
#1. macdows 95. A little brain teaser with funny takes at classical gameplay mechanics. Total playtime: 3.2 hours.
#2. Blood and Wine (Geforce Now). A good way to reach the end a breathtaking adventure. Total playtime: 66.6 hours.

February:
#3. Werewolf: The Apocalypse — Heart of the Forest. A good atmostphere at first, which turns into a mystic porridge. Total playtime: 5.3 hours.
#4. Yakuza 0. A slow start, but a great adventure. Total playtime: 39.9 hours.
#5. Little Misfortune. A very dark game about an unlucky child. Unsettling and weird. Total playtime: 8.2 hours.
#6. Batman - The Telltale Series. A decent dark story about Batman. Total playtime: 31.1 hours.
#7. Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series. An interesting sequel, and an enjoyable story. Total playtime: 9.4 hours.
#8. A Hat in Time. A somewhat charming platformer, which lacks clarity. Total playtime: 21.3 hours.
#9. TSIOQUE. A point-n-click game which does not require a walkthrough, or at least not much. Total playtime: 7.6 hours.
#10. Still There. Abstruse puzzles and bad writing. Total playtime: 10.0 hours.

March:
#11. Keen: One Girl Army. Original but the absence of an undo button makes it annoying: too much memorization. Total playtime: 5.9 hours.
#12. Artifact Foundry. I have finished the solo campaign. Total playtime: 31.0 hours.
#13. Cyberpunk 2077 (Geforce Now). Amazing story-telling, and satisfying gameplay with katana and double-jump. Total playtime: 108.5 hours.

April:
#14. The Council (free episode n°1, Geforce Now). An interesting RPG take at the choose-your-adventure Telltale-like genre. Total playtime: 2.6 hours.
#15. Popup Dungeon. I have finished the 4 basic campaigns (2 solo and 2 seasonal). Weirdly addictive though it is very basic. Total playtime: 36.7 hours.
#16. The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante (chapters n°1 & 2, which are free). A very dark choose-your-adventure game. Total playtime: 2.6 hours.

May:
#17. Control Ultimate Edition (Geforce Now). Only for the RTX and super-powers. Total playtime: 20.5 hours.
#18. Size Matters. An original idler x escape-room concept. Total playtime: 1.3 hours.
#19. Agent A: A puzzle in disguise. A very nice point-n-click with good exploration with back and forth. Total playtime: 4.4 hours.
#20. Deathtrap Dungeon: The Interactive Video Adventure. A bit repetitive, but I enjoyed the narrated story. Total playtime: 7.3 hours.

June:
#21. Griftlands. A nice deck-builder game. Dialogues are a plus at first, but can get tiresome with multiple playthroughs. Total playtime: 12.1 hours.
#22. Roguebook. A fresh deck-builder, with a two-character team with swappable positions, and with interesting map exploration. Total playtime: 12.2 hours.
#23. Guacamelee! 2 (xCloud). An annoying game design decision, which prevented me from finishing the game for 2 years. Total playtime: 8.6 hours.

July:
#24. Overboard!. A reverse detective game, very enjoyable for people who like choose-your-own-adventure gamebooks. Total playtime: 2.7 hours.
#25. Sizeable. Little puzzles with resizeable items in diverse dioramas. Total playtime: ∅.
#26. LEGO® Builder's Journey. Average puzzles. The game shines with its RTX-capable graphics, cute story, and amazing LEGO pieces. Total playtime: ∅.
#27. Katana ZERO (xCloud). The spiritual sequel of Hotline Miami. Much more enjoyable. Total playtime: ∅.

August:
#28. Twelve Minutes (xCloud). Intriguing, with a game-book touch. The story touches unusual subjects, and turns out disappointing. Total playtime: 6.7 hours.
#29. Myst (xCloud). A faithful remaster of a classics videogame. Total playtime: 7.1 hours.
#30. Donut County (xCloud). A mindless relaxing game where you are a hole. Total playtime: 2.0 hours.
#31. Call of the Sea (xCloud). A Myst-like game with puzzles a bit too convoluted. Total playtime: 5.8 hours.

September:
#32. Song of Farca: Prologue. Mechanics from Orwell games, with a funny and interesting story. Total playtime: 1.2 hours.
#33. Psychonauts 2 (xCloud). Perfection. Total playtime: 20.2 hours.
#34. Not For Broadcast: Prologue. The tutorial for the main game. Quite convincing! Total playtime: 0.4 hours.
#35. TOEM. A relaxing hidden-object game with an isometric view for exploration and first-person camera view. Total playtime: ~ 4 hours.

October:
#36. Ring of Pain. Simple, and polished. There are a lot of things to experiment with. Total playtime: 13.4 hours.
#37. It Takes Two (Parsec). A creative coop' game. Total playtime: 12.8 hours.
#38. Inscryption. A deck-builder on Pony Island. A unique atmosphere. Total playtime: 9.8 hours.
#39. Bubble People. Mindless, and it lacks accessibility and quality of life features. Total playtime: 0.8 hours.
#40. DARQ: Complete Edition. A fresh and innovative horror puzzle platformer. A few jump scares though. I have finished both DLC. Total playtime: 3.5 hours.

November:
#41. Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion. Simple and funny. Total playtime: 3.6 hours.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Fresh start in 2021. I aim to play more games this year so it seems to be a good idea to drop some records in this thread.

#1 Batman Arkham Aslyum. Jan 1st. Replaying this after ten years. Still a great game.

#2 Supraland Crash. Jan 6th. Big fan of the base game, and this DLC is waaaaaaay more difficult. It's great.

#3 Batman Arkham City. Jan 18th. I like Aslyum more although the gameplay variation is much better in City.

#4 PictoQuest. Mar 16th. Fun little game. A nice twist to the genre by adding some adventure and combat elements.

#5 Mad Max. Mar 18th. Gameplay is repetitive but good, and the atmosphere is amazing. Overall I love it!

#6 Resonance of Fate. Mar 20th. Main story leaves stuff unexplained, but the gameplay is unique and really can't be found elsewhere. Love it!

#7 G-MODE Archives+ Tantei Kibukawa Ryousuke Jikentan Vol.1 Kamen Gensou Satsujin Jiken: A flip phone game port on Switch. Story, characters and music are all great even though it is low budget. Can't wait to grab vol. 2 down the road.

#8 Steamworld Dig. Mar 30th. Fun metroidvania. Achievement designs are great as they really put players into challenge (especially the time attack one).

#9 SteamWorld Heist. Apr 10th. Excellent tactics game. I honestly can't find one single major flaw.

#10 Yoku's Island Express. Apr 26th. Pretty good pinball adventure game. Many puzzles are greatly designed but some of them are quite frustrating. Final boss is a bit weak, too.

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
JANUARY:
1. Macbat 64 (itch.io) | January 1st - 0.9 hours | ★★☆☆☆

2. Mekabolt (PSN) | January 4th - 0.4 hours | ★★☆☆☆

3. Himno (PSN) | January 4th - 1.0 hours | ★★☆☆☆

4. Donut County (PSN) | January 8th - 2.1 hours | ★★★☆☆

5. A Mortician's Tale (itch.io) | January 17th - 0.7 hours | ★★★★☆

6. Bright Memory (Steam) | January 25th - 0.9 hours | ★★★☆☆

7. Octonaut (PSN) | January 29th - 1.3 hours | ★★★☆☆

8. Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York | January 31st - 3.4 hours | ★★★★☆
FEBRUARY:
9. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4) | February 4th - 17.0 hours | ★★★★☆

10. The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game (Steam) | February 12th - 0.7 hours | ★★★☆☆

11. Mafia - Definitive Edition (Steam) | February 13th - 9.5 hours | ★★★★☆

12. Love at first Bite (itch.io) | February 15th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

13. Dadish (Switch Download) | February 20th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

14. HuniePop 2: Double Date (Steam) | February 28th - 11.8 hours | ★★★★☆
MARCH:
15. one night, hot springs (Steam) | March 1st - 0.4 hours | ★★★☆☆

16. Highway Blossoms (Steam) | March 4th - 8.1 hours | ★★★★☆

17. Ignis Universia: Eternal Sisters Saga DX (Steam) | March 4th - 0.5 hours | ★★★☆☆

18. Highway Blossoms: Next Exit (Steam) | March 5th - 3.2 hours | ★★★★☆

19. Anger Foot (itch.io)| March 21st - 0.5 hours | ★★★☆☆

20. Mafia II - Director's Cut (GOG) | March 26th - 12.6 hours | ★★★★☆
APRIL:
21. The House of the Dead 4 (PSN) | April 16th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

22. inFAMOUS (PSN) | April 23rd - N/A | ★★★☆☆

23. Geometric Sniper (Steam) | April 25th - 0.9 hours | ★★☆☆☆
MAY:
24. Netscape Cybermind (itch.io) | May 17th - 0.5 hours | ★★☆☆☆

25. Saints Row: The Third Remastered (Steam) | May 27th - 29.0 hours | ★★★★☆

26. Saints Row: The Third Remastered - Genkibowl VII (Steam) | May 30th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

27. Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 (Steam) | May 31st - 2.5 hours | ★★★☆☆
JUNE:
28. Saints Row: The Third Remastered - The Trouble With Clones (Steam) | June 5th - N/A | ★★☆☆☆

29. Potion Prodigy (itch.io) | June 5th - N/A | ★★☆☆☆

30. Assassin's Creed: Origins (UPlay) | June 5th - 39.0 hours | ★★★☆☆

31. Pixross (itch.io) | June 12th - 5.0 hours | ★★★☆☆

32. Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet (PSN) | June 12th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

33. Take A Hike! (itch.io) | June 13th - 0.4 hours | ★★★☆☆

34. Dogs Throwing Swords II: Three Barks To The Wind (itch.io) | June 13th - 0.1 hours | ★★☆☆☆

35. inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4) | June 20th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

36. The Adventures of Wolf and Hood: A Jigsaw Tale | June 21st - 1.0 hours | ★★☆☆☆

37. Cyberpunk 2077 (GOG) | June 26th - 61.7 hours | ★★★☆☆
JULY:
38. Singled Out (Switch Download) | July 4th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

39. Watch Dogs: Legion - Bloodline (PSN) | July 19th - 9.0 hours | ★★★☆☆

40. Huntdown (PSN) | July 30th - 4.2 hours | ★★★★☆
AUGUST:
41. Astro's Playroom (PSN) | August 1st - 2.3 hours | ★★★★☆

42. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC Download) | August 16th - 94.0 hours | ★★★★☆

43. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PC Download) | August 31st - 84.0 hours | ★★★★☆
SEPTEMBER:
44. Twilight Town: A Cyberpunk Day In Life (Steam) | September 20th - 0.8 hours | ★☆☆☆☆

45. Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PC Download) | September 27th - 95.0 hours | ★★★★☆
OCTOBER:
46. Spoopy's Restaurant (itch.io) | October 2nd - 0.2 hours | ★★☆☆☆

47. Contract Demon (itch.io) | October 14th - 0.5 hours | ★★★☆☆

48. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PC Download) - October 24th - 170.0 hours | ★★★★☆
DECEMBER:
49. Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (PC Download) | December 12th - N/A | ★★★★★

50. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Steam) | December 15th - 3.9 hours | ★★★☆☆

51. Mission in Snowdriftland (Steam) | December 25th - 2.1 hours | ★★★☆☆

52. New Super Lucky's Tale (Steam) | December 28th - 6.4 hours | ★★★☆☆

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
2020 list

Game 1: Gears 5: Hivebusters - started on 30.12.2020, finished on 02.01.2021 (3:35) - 2/5
Game 2: beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS- started on 28.12.2020, finished on 04.01.2021 (4:06) - 5/5
Game 3: Higurashi When They Cry: Miotsukushi Ura - started on 27.12.2020, finished on 09.01.2021 (22:42) - 4/5
Game 4: beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem - started on 04.01.2021, finished on 16.01.2021 (5:36) - 5/5
Game 5: Muv-Luv photonflowers* - started on 13.01.2021, finished on 28.01.2021 (20:31) - 4/5

Game 6: beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle - started on 16.01.2021, finished on 28.01.2021 (5:13) - 5/5
Game 7: Tell Me Why - started on 10.01.2021, finished on 30.01.2021 (9:34) - 3/5

Game 8: beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro - started on 28.01.2021, finished on 15.02.2021 (6:34) - 5/5
Game 9: Picross S3 - started on 18.11.2020, finished on 18.02.2021 (21:14) - 5/5
Game 10: Muv-Luv photonmelodies♮ - started on 28.01.2021, finished on 05.03.2021 (53:54) - 4/5

Game 11: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Series X) - started on 04.03.2021, finished on 10.03.2021 (16:57) - 2/5

Game 12: beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA - started on 15.02.2021, finished on 12.03.2021 (5:52) - 4/5
Game 13: The Medium (Series X) - started on 10.03.2021, finished on 19.03.2021 (7:09) - 3/5

Game 14: beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL - started on 12.03.2021, finished on 26.03.2021 (5:41) - 5/5
Game 15: Observation - started on 30.03.2021, finished on 02.04.2021 (5:00) - 5/5

Game 16: Deliver Us The Moon - started on 03.04.2021, finished on 05.04.2021 (4:55) - 5/5
Game 17: beatmania IIDX 23 copula - started on 26.03.2021, finished on 09.04.2021 (4:39) - 5/5
Game 18: Fractured Minds (Series X) - started on 17.04.2021, finished 18.04.2021 (0:22) - 2/5

Game 19: beatmania IIDX 24 Sinobuz- started on 10.04.2021, finished on 22.04.2021 (start 4:52) - 5/5
Game 20: beatmania IIDX 25 Cannon Ballers - started on 22.04.2021, finished on 06.05.2021 (4:51) - 5/5
Game 21: Wonderful Everyday ~Diskontinuierliches Dasein~ - started on 06.03.2021, finished on 14.05.2021 (74:07) - 4/5
Game 22: beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage - started on 06.05.2021, finished on 23.05.2021 (5:38) - 5/5
Game 23: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (replay) - started on 30.01.2021 , finished on 27.05.2021 (63:59) - 5/5
Game 24: beatmania IIDX 27 Heroic Verse - started on 23.05.2021, finished on 06.06.2021 (5:50) - 5/5
Game 25: Viki Spotter: Megapolis - started on 09.06.2021, finished on 11.06.2021 (0:59) - 1/5
Game 26: beatmania IIDX 28 BISTROVER - started on 07.06.2021, finished on 16.06.2021 (5:36) - 5/5
Game 27: pop'n music - started on 16.06.2021, finished on 19.06.2021 (1:18) - 4/5
Game 28: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) - started on 27.05.2021, finished on 19.06.2021 (36:41) - 5/5

Game 29: pop'n music 2 - started on 19.06.2021, finished on 21.06.2021 (1:39) - 4/5
Game 30: pop'n music 3 - started on 21.06.2021, finished on 24.06.2021 (2:24) - 5/5
Game 31: pop'n music 4 - started on 24.06.2021, finished on 27.06.2021 (2:17) - 5/5
Game 32: pop'n music Animelo - started on 27.06.2021, finished on 29.06.2021 (2:01) - 3/5
Game 33: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Series X) - started on 19.06.2021, finished on 29.06.2021 (13:07) - 3/5

Game 34: pop'n music Mickey Tunes - started on 29.06.2021, finished on 30.06.2021 (0:56) - 2/5
Game 35: pop'n music 5 - started on 30.06.2021, finished on 04.07.2021 (3:31) - 5/5
Game 36: pop'n music 6 - started on 04.07.2021, finished on 12.07.2021 (5:28) - 5/5
Game 37: Life Is Strange 2 - started on 29.06.2021, finished on 17.07.2021 (17:24) - 3/5

Game 38: pop'n music 7 - started on 12.07.2021, finished on 24.07.2021 (6:24) - 5/5
Game 39: pop'n music 8 - started on 24.07.2021, finished on 15.08.2021 (8:27) - 5/5
Game 40: The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure - started on 17.07.2021, finished on 15.09.2021 (85:34) - 5/5
Game 41: Higurashi When They Cry Rei - started on 16.09.2021, finished on 18.09.2021 (5:45) - 3/5
Game 42: Higurashi When They Cry: Hajisarashi - started on 18.09.2021, finished on 20.09.2021 (1:53) - 4/5
Game 43: Higurashi When They Cry: Kotohogushi - started on 20.09.2021, finished on 25.09.2021 (13:31) - 4/5
Game 44: Picross Lord of the Nazarick - started on 18.02.2021, finished on 01.10.2021 (24:47) - 4/5
Game 45: Bye-Bye BoxBoy! (3DS) - started on 13.08.2021, finished on 05.10.2021 (8:04) - 4/5
Game 46: pop'n music 9 - started on 15.08.2021, finished on 06.10.2021 (13:01) - 5/5
Game 47: Psychonauts 2 (Series X) - started on 25.09.2021, finished on 07.10.2021 (16:11) - 4/5

Game 48: Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After 00 - started on 07.10.2021, finished on 11.10.2021 (6:40) - 4/5

Game 49: Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After 01 - started on 11.10.2021, finished on 19.10.2021 (14:14) - 5/5

Game 50: Hungry Cat Nonogram Purrfect Edition (Mobile) - started on 22.04.2019, finished on 24.10.2021 (53:09) - 5/5
Game 51: Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After 02 - started on 19.10.2021, finished on 24.10.2021 (11:22) - 5/5

Game 52: Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After 03 - started on 24.10.2021, finished on 31.10.2021 (10:49) - 5/5

Game 53: pop'n music 10 - started on 06.10.2021, finished on 17.11.2021 (11:30) - 5/5
Game 54: God of War (2018) (PS5) - started on 31.10.2021, finished on 21.11.2021 (18:01) - 4/5

Game 55: The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures - started on 06.11.2021, finished on 09.12.2021 (36:22) - 5/5
Game 56: pop'n music 11 - started on 17.11.2021, finished on 14.12.2021 (8:14) - 5/5
Game 57: LEGO City Undercover - started on 30.01.2021, finished on 26.12.2021 (35:50) - 4/5

Game 58: The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve - started on 09.12.2021, finished on 31.12.2021 (43:56) - 5/5

Last edited:

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
January:
February:
March:
April:
May:
Jun:
Jul:
Aug:
Sep:
Oct:
Nov:
Dec:

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
1. Picross S4 - Switch - 01/02/21
You know what you are getting at this point. Liked the Color Picross, hated the Extra Picross (too big, long, punishing, and my eyes are 42 years old ffs).

2. Super Mario Odyssey - Switch - 06/02/21
So so camera. Incredibly easy to miss your target. Too many and rarely used moves, allocated to weird gestures. Extremely boring, too. Bloated as fuck with moons, but quantity rarely equals quality.

3. New Super Mario Bros 2 - Nintendo 3DS - 08/02/21
Normal game only, no special worlds. Difficulty jump seemed high and I have no patience for the game wasting my time sending me back to map every death (in some special cases) or with forced 30 seconds cinematics (final boss was uguu for that).
I'm not in love with Mario (the first two Paper Mario though, it's another story), so playing this and Odyssey back to back is a good indication that I'm currently craving for lighthearted, and even more so for weeb shit. I want that Japanese feel these days.

4. Oddmar - iOS - 22/03/21
I rage played the game in one sitting, knowing that I wouldn't return to it anyway. Touch controls were beyond shit for me, tons of death by ignored input. Don't know why, it's a fairly successful game, never heard of bad controls, and I played my share of touch based games with no problem before.
It's a VERY pretty game, but it's unfortunately all there is to it. Narration is boring as shit, you have many voiced art segments, but the narration is Marvel 60's style, where you are told every fucking thing that happen and that you can already see. Levels are nothing new, this is a big mix a Mario, Rayman, light iOS puzzle platformers etc.
This was made by a small team, they have done a great game if we consider the team, they should continue and work on their flaws. That being said, as a game on its own... well, it's pretty ?

5. Hades - PC - 12/04/21
The dialog grind to unlock the epilogue made the game overstay its welcome by a good 10 hours. Quite a feat for such a greatly written game for me to come to a point where I just shrug off the dialogs, like 'ok ok mate, good'.
That being said, it is an incredible game. Progression is generous and well paced, gameplay, while a tad much button mashey, is really on point, the whole game design is on point, in fact. Supergiant should give a huge raise to their character designer, too. And the writing is perfect.
It's quite a game.

6. Ys V - Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sands - SNES - 17/04/21
As I said in the Steam Thread, I'm in agreement with the Hardcoregaming 101 review that says it's a good game but not what fans of the series wanted. Not stellar, flaws are very visible, like the (very) bad bosses and poor difficulty, but in isolation this is a good game that I'm glad to have played. Even taken as part of the Ys series, it's not like we are talking a horrible black sheep, it's just too different from the rest.
That being said, I would have greatly appreciated if the plot wasn't a confusing mess that lead me to ask myself if I'm a moron, but hey, don't ask questions you don't want answer to.

7. Ys VI - The Ark of Napishtim - PC - 23/04/21
Another solo Adol = Another winner.
The change in difficulty from V is stark, lol, but apart from a couple of bosses who can be infuriating toward the middle of the game, no big issue. This episode interestingly tries (and achieve) to make the whole series' lore more cohesive, it's a really good move.
No, I don't have any bad points to mention (fuck bees, though !)

8. Resident Evil 7 - PC - 25-27/04/21

8a - The Beginning Hour - 25/04/21
Piece of shit demo which maybe had a slight interest as a hype machine at the time (and as a click maker for several sites doing poorly written walkthroughs). Now ? Nope. Content seems to be reused in the game anyways, and you lose nothing lore wise as the bits are also in the game.

8b - Resident Evil 7 - 26/04/21
Like I said in the Steam Thread, I am so not a fan of the Chainsaw Massacre / Saw vibe the dev obviously went for. Too many forced exposition, too much die & retry, far too many encounters with the same boss too, but at this point it's unfortunately becoming part of the series.
That said, it's good looking, it plays well and I don't regret playing it.
I'm just really looking forward to vampires and werewolves, rather than fucking psycho killers.

8c - DLC - Not a Hero - 27/04/21
I don't know in what manner it colors my perception of the DLC, but I learned a couple of minutes before starting it that it was outsourced.
AND DEAR GOD IT SHOWS !
Mediocre shoot bang in reused assets galore. The shooting was expected, but damn, the level design is shit tier.

8d - DLC - The End of Zoe - 27/04/21
Now this... I will have trouble not writing in all caps from now on. On paper it's stupid and a waste of time, like every RE DLC for some years (looking at RE:Revo2 for example). In reality, this is GLORIOUS ! Plain and simple. So good to play a game that is ok with just being a game and not a serious movie, stupid to the point of being, just incredibly fun.
I WANT A WHOLE GAME OUT OF THIS. PLEASE CACPOM ! :cryblob:

9 - Destroy All Humans - PC (Game Pass) - 22/05/21
Mediocre and boring, mission design relying too heavily on time trials, and surprise motherfuckers, you were hate playing it in order to say you finished the game ? The two final bosses are incredibly difficult.
I know the series is more famous for its second installment, but Jeez, I will be very wary to play it now.

10a - Nier Replicant - Route A - PC - 23/05/21
Hated the game, but as expected the lore is very good. The other routes have some real potential if they expand on it.

11 - Wasteland 2 Director's Cut - PC - 31/05/21
Play time - 111,8h
Conflicted. Far too long for its own good, the welcome was outlasted by a great margin. Rare but huge difficulty spikes. Some irritating bugs. Shit and abrupt ending. Relatively ugly. But as a whole ? If not the best CRPG I played, it's the best I played in years. You want a CRPG, you could do much worse, this is some really good shit.

10b - Nier Replicant - Route B - PC - 02/06/21
This route ups the drama to the max, with the subtetly of a truck. Paradoxically a little laughable and still quite effective. You will feel miserable. Some suspicions are confirmed, ending is altered for the better. I fear I will still need to find a Nier Replicant for dummies when all is said and done, though.
I'm afraid I will repeat myself every time I finish a route. Great lore, too bad that there is a game to suffer through.

11 - Alan Wake – PC – 23/06/21
11b - Alan Wake – The Signal – DLC #1 – PC – 26/06/21
11c - Alan Wake – The Writer – DLC #2 – PC – 26/06/21
I remembered Alan Wake as a very middling game full of levers and handles. Turns out memories can be deceiving, it's just a very middling game :tightly-closed-eyes:
A game with no real interest except for the story, and the story, well... so much homage that it can turn into pastiche territory. Maybe the real crime are the dialogs, pretentious and eye rolling.
Makes sense though, Remedy had already made a noir pastiche, they did a horror one, with their usual subtlety.
Still have to go through American Nightmare :sweaty-blob:

12 - Alan Wake's American Nightmare - PC - 03/07/21
The difficulty is clearly lower than the first game. It was ok for what it was. I mean, it plays well, the big frustration being the lack of ambition of the project and its level repetitiveness.

13 - Carrion - PC (Game Pass) - 05/08/21
A neat concept (which I'm pretty certain has been done before, can't remember the games, though) that maybe should have stayed in its idea form. There is not enough there to make a compelling game that doesn't overstay its welcome HARD. Basically...

First session - Oh, it's neat ! I fear it doesn't have enough meat to keep being interesting, though.
Second session - This is getting on my balls hard !
Third session - I finished it ? Well, that's a relief.

14 - Kill It With Fire - PC - 06/08/21
At first I found it far less fun that I thought it would be watching PossiblyPudding stream. Then the diverse objectives for each mission brought some needed meaning, for lack of a better word, some sense of progression ? Not really. More like a reason to discover the levels. All things being relative, a little like Mario 64 stars.
Then I thought, maybe I should make my own fun, so to speak, just enjoy the game for what it is.
Then I 100%ed that shit because I'm dumb.

All in all, a good time, but quite limited. Interestingly enough, for all its flaws, the game probably has more meat than Carrion.

15 - Lovecraft Untold Stories [DROPPED] - PC - 22/08/21
That's it, I'm out of patience and even OCD can't force me to come back to it.
LUS is not really a rogue-like, nor a rogue-lite, unless a game just have to use a randomly generated map to be eligible. It's unfortunately not a good game either, I saw it as a mediocre game until I just couldn't stand it anymore (because it's shit, but it's longggg). Now granted, I'm Rage-Quitting, so maybe I'm biased. The game indeed becomes far too hard on the second character playthrough, imho.
But that's only part of the problem, the item diversity is inadequate. The AI is laughable, and I can't emphasize that aspect enough, nearly every encounter consists of dumb mobs just running toward you. RNG can fuck you hard and the dev didn't find a good balance to it. Sometimes there is no shop, suck it. Sometimes the entirety of a room chests are empty. Though luck. The game also made the stupid choice of blocking you from backtracking to the last level, so if you missed a vital object, well, go fuck yourself. And that's delivered in an obnoxious global lack of clarity, the dev had to put up a fucking FAQ about the game, for heaven's sake !

Now the universe, the lore, is unfortunately mediocre, too. You could say it's Lovecraft fanservice galore. You could also say than the only thing the writers did was sucking Lovecraft's dick. This is nothing but Mythos All-Star. While I appreciated some references (like the phone in a certain strange place), they do not make a good plot.

As the trailer for the sequel showed the same pathetic AI behavior, I think I'm good on that one too. Cool, two-drops combo.

16 - Control - PC - 16/09/21
Continuing my love / hate relationship with Remedy. It was, overall, exceedingly boring. The brutalist setting is cool but gets old fast, the gameplay is nothing unique and it's chock full of documents to find and read. Sometimes they can even be interesting...
On the bright side, I loved the last 2-3 missions. Unfortunate that there was a whole game to play before them.
And no, Sam, you are not a good writer, stop trying. Or at least don't try to be Meta again, it's fucking painful.
I mean, let's say it had its moments.

PS. I wonder what is it exactly but one thing I noticed while replaying Alan Wake and confirmed with Control, is how Remedy games are, for me obviously, full of cheap player deaths. I never talk about fairness in games, not a topic that interests me particularly, but Control definitely wasn't.
Special mention to the boss who digs lethal holes in the ground while his size incites the player to look up. What could go wrong ?

17 - Psychonauts 2 [100%] - PC - Game Pass - 25/09/21
What a ride !

The writing carries a good part of the game, they went ridiculously above and beyond what should be considered adequate for a 3d plate-former. Note that when I say adequate I'm not including most plate-formers, which have no writing. So it's just one (several in fact) step better than what would be an unusually well written one. It's stunning.
The first one was, what, I don't remember but the game says it was basically a
mad power hungry psychic stealing children brains to put them in an army of killer robots.
This one ? Oh boy, not even comparable. Let's say the writing team tackled the origin story of the protag. But as they were absolute madlads they also dug deeply about the Psychonauts, and made segments about death, old age, regrets, and I may forget some.

Graphics are totally serviceable and can sometime be surprisingly eye pleasing. The music is super impressive too. Not always pleasing because I'm not a music fan, but when you stop playing and take a step back, it's the same feeling that for the writing: why did you make something so good for an important project but not an AAA monster with delirious budget ?

Perfect ? Game of the year ? Hmm, I have difficulty saying it. It's both largely a GOTY, even a multi-year one for what it does, and a relatively mediocre game on other front. Combat is barely serviceable, it does the job, but don't expect anything from it. And the pacing is bad, while I can't say a bad thing about the cinematic content of this cinematic plate-former, it's VERY cinematic. It talks, a lot, sometimes you don't play as much as you watch a show (incredible, though !). And as expected because nothing is perfect, every levels don't hit the same quality.

I can totally get some people hating the game, it has big downsides in the gameplay department, but it achieves other things so well, I... yeah, it's a flawed masterpiece.

17b - DROPPED - Aragami - PC
Gameplay is solid enough, but everything else is subpar. Writing, character design, objectives, I felt very little reason to continue playing.

17c - DROPPED - Octopath Traveler - PC - Game Pass
It comes down to the very apparent cut & past feel of the game. Very long, verbose, slow. It's not bad, there is a solid RPG in there, but this feels like a solid paragraph that the author pasted again and again and again and...

18 - AI: The Somnium Files [100%] - PC - 24/10/21
I loved Somnium, and yet I could have so many criticisms toward it. And yet, I loved it enough to finish every routes :shrugblob:
Mmh, let's settle on a very interesting mystery and several excellent characters. A mystery whose conclusion felt a little underwhelming and ridiculously convoluted, leading me to think that, in this case at least, while you anxiously wait for the big finale, it's the journey that is the real strong point. The ending isn't bad, eh ! A glorious finale in the epilogue.
That being said, now that I talked about some strong and not so strong points, I would be remiss not to be a bitch in emphasizing how many of the little sub plot are dependent on the protagonist being the worst detective ever. It feels that other characters could tell him 'I don't want to talk about this' and he would answer 'well, ok'. But it would be unfair to the game to put against it an aspect that must be very common in mystery VN. And as I already said, the characters and journey were so good that all is forgiven.

UPDATE - Nier Replicant - Endings C, D & E - PC - 28/10/21
Awful side quests, limited budget, hilariously depressing. Route A is of no interest and Route C and D feels more like cut content from Route B than added one. Route E was surprisingly good for something done years after the fact.
I... don't know what to say about the game. It felt awful and interesting at the same time. I don't want to write a small novel about it right now so let's say it's a worthy creative journey contained in a bad game.

UPDATE – Control – The Foundation – DLC #1 – PC – 25/10/21
UPDATE – Control – AWE – DLC #2 – PC – 26/10/21

19 - Marvel’s Avengers – PC – Game Pass – 10/11/21 (inc. 3 xpacs)
[Including Kate Bishop / Hawkeye / Black Panther DLC]
I'm conflicted. On one hand, maybe because I'm a comic book fan, it was a joy to play with the heroes I love. On the other hand, it didn't steal its reputation. The campaign is serviceable to very good, then it ends. And oh boy, let me tell you, when it ends the desire to play and overall enjoyment goes out too ! Something fierce.
The game has nowhere near the diversity required to make a service game. There is only so many times you can stomach playing on the same old map before looking for the point to it all. And you don't find it, the point. So you drop it like a hot potato, the game.

20 - Halo 1 – PC – Game Pass – 19/11/21
Jeez, it aged ! But that's not that surprising, what is surprising is how mediocre the remastered graphics are. To the point I played with them more to make a point I experienced them than because they are good. The old graphics still hold up, the new ones are a rush job (far better paint job on Halo 2 which I'm playing now).

21 - Metroid Dread – Emulation – 19/12/21
Good level design. Obnoxiously unreadable map. Extremely difficult overall, to the point of being frustrating and tiring.
Let me finish before taking my gamer card away, you bullies !
The bosses are quite hard and long and frustrating, BUT it is a wonderful thing how the game is made in a way that you will get better each time and be able to clear them in time. But unfortunately, EMMIs are trial and error fest and too many. They bog the thing down.
And the final boss... just no. Four fucking phases with no save point in between. Took me one good hour of attempts to master it. Like every other bosses, it is doable, but fous phases. No. Thanks. Fuck you.
Very good game overall that I won't ever replay.
Oh and did I mention it ?
FOUR PHASES, GO FUCK YOUSELF

Last edited:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
14 to beat from 2020

1) 01/01/2021 - Homeworld Remastered (Finished)

2) 02/01/2021 - Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan (Finished)

3) 4/01/2021 - Jedi: Fallen Order (Abandoned after 12 hours)
Shit combat, wasnt fun, dont even like Star Wars

4) 10/01/2021 - Yakuza Kiwami (Finished Main Story)

5) 24/01/2021 - Sonic 3 A.I.R. (Finished)

6) 21/02/2021 - 80's Overdrive (Finished)

7) 15/03/2021 - Pillars Of Eternity 2: Deadfire (Abandoned after 54 hours)
Couldn't beat the final boss.

8) 03/04/2021 - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Finished)

9) 18/04/2021 - Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr (Finished Main Campaign)

10) 15/05/2021 - Vigil: The Longest Night (Finished)

11) 04/06/2021 - Subnautica: Below Zero (Finished)

12) 21/06/2021 - Amnesia: Rebirth (Finished)

13) 16/07/2021 - Resident Evil 3 (Finished)

14) 08/08/2021 - Vomitoreum (Finished)

15) 22/08/2021 - Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition (Finished)

16) 22/08/2021 - Zool Redimensioned (Finished)

17) 30/08/2021 - Outlast 2 (Finished)

18) 02/11/2021 - The Riftbreaker (Finished)

19) 12/11/2021 - Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Retired after 39 hours) - Game is too big and just drags on.

20) 24/12/2021 - Horizon Zero Dawn (Finished)

21) 25/12/2021 - Foregone (Finished)

22) 29/12/2021 - Terminator: Resistance (Finished)

Last edited:

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
  1. Carrion - Jan. 1 - 3.5 hours :shrugblob:
    • Great concept, weak execution. The controls are fiddly and unpredictable. Most enemies are annoying.
  2. Kine - Jan. 1 - 7.1 hours (y)
    • Solid puzzler, but nothing remarkable. Story is surprisingly fun, but the music theme feels wasted.
  3. Yakuza 0 - Jan. 2 - 30 hours :heartblob:
    • It's rad.
  4. Ghostrunner - Jan. 2 - 5.5 hours :shrugblob:
    • Very uneven. Combat is incredible other than the suicide bombers. Story is garbage and the cybervoid levels are miserable.
  5. Core Defense - Jan. 3 - 2 hours :shrugblob:
    • Neat idea, but the inability to support many towers makes it feel shallow.
  6. Off-Peak - Jan. 3 - 1 hour :blobmorning:
    • A good, chill time. Music is fantastic.
  7. The Norwood Suite - Jan. 4 - 2 hours :blobmorning:
    • Yet more chill exploration from Cosmo D. A more elaborate creation than Off-Peak. Once again, the music is great.
  8. Penko Park - Jan. 5 - 4 hours (y)
    • A cute little Pokemon Snap clone. Has some hints of an interesting narrative, but doesn't go anywhere with them, and I wish it did.
  9. The Outer Worlds - Jan. 8 - 24.6 hours :weary-face:
    • Mostly a mess. Hated the story, thought the gameplay was miserable, just blech.
  10. Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard - Jan. 8 - 1 hour :shrugblob:
    • Cute and funny, but felt like a retread of the first game but with more glacial pacing.
  11. Monster Garden - Jan. 9 - 2.6 hours (y)
    • Silly, irreverant nonsense. Some of the best gibberish voices I've ever heard. Amusing enough, but falls flat when it tries to be more serious or dark.
  12. Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale - Jan. 14 - First clear after 10.5 hours, all achievments after 26.9 hours (y)
    • Well designed card game that plays more like Into the Breach than Slay the Spire. Requires very slow play to succeed, but it's satisfying to finally clear a level.
  13. Katamari Damacy REROLL - Jan. 16 - 3 hours (y)
    • It's still fun after all these years. The controls are just wonky enough to be engaging without being frustrating, and the goofy aesthetics make for a good time.
  14. Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition - Jan. 31 - 27.5 hours :heartblob:
    • What can change the nature of a gamer? :thinking-blob:
  15. Outer Wilds - Feb. 14 - 13.7 hours :heartblob:
    • Brilliant game with amazing exploration.
  16. Half-Life - Feb. 19 - 8.6 hours (y)
    • Replay for the first time in years. Still a great game, but doesn't hold up as well as I remembered. It feels worse after playing lots of retro and retro-style FPSes.
  17. Cruelty Squad - Feb. 21 - 4.9 hours :heartblob:🤢
    • The most miserable cyberpunk universe ever. Game plays great, and is so unavoidably disgusting that I can't help but be fascinated by hit. Going to keep playing, tons of secrets yet to find.

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Haven't finished anything yet, but reserving my spot now.

1. Metro Last Light Redux (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  2. Deep Space Waifu: Flat Justice (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  3. SiNKR 2 (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  4. Path of Giants (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  5. Replicated (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  6. The Solitaire Conspiracy (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  7. Steins;Gate (Steam) - ★★★★★
  8. Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  9. Paradise Killer (Steam) - ★★★★★
  10. Blackwood Crossing (Steam) - ★☆☆☆☆
  11. Uncharted 4 (PlayStation 4) - ★★★★☆
  12. A Winter's Daydream (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  13. Outer Wilds (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  14. Highway Blossoms (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  15. Once on a windswept night (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  16. The Fairy's Song (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  17. AIdol (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  18. Call of the Sea (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  19. The Song of Saya (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  20. Nioh 2 (Steam) - ★★★★★
  21. BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  22. Desperados III (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  23. The Way We All Go (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  24. HuniePop 2: Double Date (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  25. The Messenger (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  26. Suzerain (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  27. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (Steam) - ★★★★★
  28. Brave Hand (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  29. Bloodborne (PS4) - ★★★★★
  30. Umurangi Generation (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  31. Final Fantasy (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  32. Gothic (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  33. BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  34. Death's Door (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  35. DARQ (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  36. DARQ: The Tower (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  37. Lemon Cake (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  38. DARQ: The Crypt (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  39. Toren (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  40. Max Gentlemen Sexy Business! (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  41. The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  42. Find Love or Die Trying (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  43. Life is Strange: True Colors (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  44. Life is Strange: True Colors - Wavelengths (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  45. Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  46. The Banner Saga (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  47. Puzzletronics Analog Logic (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  48. Dungeon Encounters (Steam) - ★★★★☆

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Hey there! Here's for another year of backlog crushing.

I finished 2020 with 42 games completed, with Yakuza: Like a Dragon being my highest rated game (9.5) followed by Hades (9.25[) and Black Mesa being the lowest one (3), followed by Grand Theft Auto IV (4). Here's my post on 2020's AL.

Now, for 2021:

January
01. [STEAM] Yakuza 0, finished after 73 hours, playthrough ended on January 6 - 9.25 / 10 | Finished on Legend difficulty
02. [XBOX App] Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, finished after 6 hours, playthrough ended on January 7 - 6.75 / 10
03. [STEAM] Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, finished after 18 hours, playthrough ended on January 10 - 8.0 / 10

February
04. [STEAM] Yakuza 3 Remastered, finished after 27 hours, playthrough ended on February 3 - 9.0 / 10
05. [STEAM] Yakuza 4 Remastered, finished after 42 hours, playthrough ended on February 8 - 9.0 / 10
06. [STEAM] Yakuza 5 Remastered, finished after 53 hours, playthrough ended on February 15 - 9.25 / 10
07. [STEAM] Crusader Kings III, finished after 70 hours, playthrough ended on February 21 - 9.0 / 10

March
08. [STEAM] Attack on Titan 2, finished after 16 hours, playthrough ended on March 1 - 7.0 / 10
09. [PlayStation 2] Shadow Hearts, finished after 21 hours, playthrough ended on March 7 - 8.5 / 10
10. [Nintendo Switch] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, finished after 47 hours, playthrough ended on March 22 - 9.5 / 10

April
11. [STEAM] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, finished after 30 hours, playthrough ended on April 5 - 9.25 / 10
12. [STEAM] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, finished after 6 hours, playthrough ended on April 8 - 7.5 / 10
13. [STEAM] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV, finished after 69 hours, playthrough ended on April 28 - 8.5 / 10

May
14. [STEAM] Need for Speed: Payback, finished after 19 hours, playthrough ended on May 6 - 8.0 / 10
15. [STEAM] Thief, finished after 12 hours, playthrough ended on May 7 - 4.0 / 10
16. [Battle.net] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, finished after 5 hours, playthrough ended on May 10 - 8.0 / 10
17. [STEAM] Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition, finished after 23 hours, playthrough ended on May 19 - 7.0 / 10
18. [STEAM] Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition, finished after 28 hours, playthrough ended on May 29 - 8.5 / 10

June
19. [STEAM] Days Gone, finished after 46 hours, playthrough ended on June 10 - 9.5 / 10
20. [STEAM] Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition, finished after 27 hours, playthrough ended on June 11 - 9.0 / 10

July
21. [STEAM] Far Cry 5, finished after 28 hours, playthrough ended on July 9th - 7.5 / 10

Last edited:

DriftedPlanet

Ash, I think something was in those sandwiches
Oct 27, 2018
#1: Slime Rancher
- 32.7 hours. Originally played this after driving home from uni classes a few years while ago (Steam achievements seem to indicate it was only around Dec 2019 to mid-January 2020, yeesh what an eternity of a year since then). Picked it back up when I saw a friend of mine playing it and decided to see it through. Resource management and frequent busywork around a farm/ranch aren't my area of interest but the slimes are cute and exploring the different zones beyond the ranch was my main drive to play it. I also appreciate when a 3d game has a minimal number of invisible walls, it feels nice to jetpack cheese past a door before I can afford to explore the upcoming zones properly.

#2: 12 is better than 6
- 5.5 hours. Not a great game, not a terrible one. The story is about an amnesiac Mexican man who starts the game as a slave and tries to remember what happened to him while shooting any faction that crosses him. Gameplay is like a jankier Hotline Miami but with manual reloading and manual weapon cocking between every shot. The shooting is mostly as you would hope from a HM-like but the occasional miss from accuracy spread can add a few extra attempts per level. They have a dozen or so layouts that they reuse. The music is semi-generic rock but was a decent listen. The game lost an upgrade I had purchased when I continued from my previous save and had no way to repurchase that particular upgrade. That wasn't a big deal. The biggest issue with this game is the intentionally limited color palette. Aside from blood, everything in the game is blue-white with a blue outline. The lack of color makes it more annoying to see where enemies, loot, ammo, weapons, etc are. I could see liking a follow-up with more environments and a wider color palette, those problems really hurt the experience.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Too lazy too copy pasta what I had wrote about my completed games from Era, so I'll just post my list and updated it over time

January
1. Sonic the Hedgehog

2. Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2

3. Serious Sam 3 BFE

4. Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile (DLC)

5. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Knuckles playthrough)

6. Ankh

7. Sonic Pocket Adventure

8. Sonic & Knuckles (Knuckles playthrough)

9. Caladrius Blaze

10. Crimzon Clover

11. Torin's Passage

12. Psychonauts

13. The Legend of Kyrandia Book 1

14. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

15. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Sonic playthrough via Sonic 3 AIR fan project)

16. Alan Wake (main game)

17. Final Fantasy X HD

18. Sonic 3D Blast Director's Cut

19. Alan Wake Special Features DLC

20. Alan Wake's American Nightmare

February

21. Final Fantasy II (PSP)

22. SkyDrift

23. Deponia

24. Chaos on Deponia (Deponia 2)

25. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen

26. Monstrüous

27. Gunbarich

28. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2

29. God of War: Chains of Olympus HD

30. 40 Winks

31. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 8-bit fan game

32. Legacy of Kain: Defiance

33. Pandemonium!

34. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

35. Rayman 2 (Playstation)

March

36. Blood Omen 2

37. Trails of Cold Steel

38. Heavy Barrel

39. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

40. Castlevania: LoS Epilogue

41. Legend of Legaia

42. Megaman X4 (Zero playthrough)

43. God of War: Ghosts of Sparta HD

44. Mail Mole

45. Stranger's Wrath

46. Steamworld Dig

April
47. Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss

48. Dark Souls

49. Sonic the Hedgehog: Before the sequel

50. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

51. Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti

52. Dragon Spirit: The New Legend

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Claiming a main post! I went looking for this thread but couldn't find it as it's been pinned!

1. The Fall ★★★★ 1/2
2. Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of The Baskervilles ★★★ 1/2
3. Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden ★★ 1/2
4. South Park: The Stick of Truth ★★★★
5. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag ★★★★ 1/2
6. Assassin's Creed III ★★★ 1/2
7. The Lego Movie ★★★ 1/2
8. Dirt 3 Complete Edition ★★★★
9. Lego: The Lord of the Rings ★★★★
10. Dead Space ★★★★ 1/2
11. Dead Space 2 ★★★ 1/2
12. Dead Space 3 ★★
13. Lego: The Hobbit ★★★
14. Lego Batman ★★★★
15. Castle Storm ★★★ 1/2
16. Star Trek ★★
17. Back to Bed ★★★★
18. Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes ★★★ 1/2
19. Luminosity ★★★★
20. Transistor ★★★
21. Woolfe ★★★ 1/2
22. Mass Effect ★★★★ 1/2
23. Mass Effect 2 ★★★★
24. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek ★★★
25. Mass Effect 3 ★★★★
26. Van Helsing III ★★★ 1/2
27. OMG Zombies! ★★★ 1/2
28. Witcher III ★★★★★
29. Stranded ★★★ 1/2
30. Walking Dead: 400 Days ★★★
31:. Wolfenstein: The New Order ★★★★
32. Shadows of Mordor - ★★★ 1/2
33. Lego Star Wars Saga ★★★★
34. Game 34: Transplan ★★★★
35. Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars ★★★
36. Watch_Dogs ★★★
37. Dragon Age Inquisition
38. Lifeless Planet
39. Motorama
40, XCOM: Enemy Within
41, The Darkness II
42. Hook
43. Divinity: Original Sin
44. State of Decay
45. Shadowrun: Hong Kong
46. Warhammer: Space Marine
47. Letter Quest Grimm: Remastered
48. Mad Max
49. Assassin's Creed: Rogue
50. Collisions
51. Grey Cubes
52. Tales from the Borderlands

1. 10,000,000
  2. 12 Labours of Hercules II
  3. 12 Labours of Hercules III
  4. Absolute Drift
  5. Agatha Christie
  6. Assassin's Creed 2
  7. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  8. Bad Caterpillar
  9. Bad Sector HDD
  10. Bit Ray
  11. Blackguards 2
  12. bOllO
  13. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  14. Brutal Legend
  15. Bus Tycoon ND
  16. Darksiders 2 Deathfinitive
  17. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  18. Deathtrap
  19. Deus Ex. Human Revolution
  20. DMC Devil May Cry
  21. Driver San Francisco
  22. Dying Light
  23. Dyscourse
  24. Enslaved
  25. Epistory Typing Chronicles
  26. Evo Explores
  27. Far Cry Blood Dragon
  28. Firewatch
  29. Five Guardian of Davids
  30. Grim Dawn
  31. Hard West
  32. Hocus
  33. Jurassic Park: The Game
  34. klocki
  35. League of Mermaids
  36. Lego Batman 3
  37. Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
  38. Lego Jurassic World
  39. Lego Marvel's Avengers
  40. Lost Planet 3
  41. Magical Brickout
  42. Marble Mountain
  43. Masquerada
  44. Mass Effect 1
  45. Mushroom 11
  46. Nightsky
  47. Optika
  48. Portal
  49. Plush
  50. The Typing of the Dead
  51. Unmechanical
  52. Saint's Row Gat out of Hell
  53. Roadside Assistance Simulator
  54. Planet of the Eyes
  55. Zenge
  56. Stasis
  57. Zombo Buster Rising

*Note: 1-47 is accurate, after that I've just looked at finished games with a last date played of 2016
PSN:

1. Far Cry 4
  2. Uncharted 4
  3. The Order 1886
  4. Infamous Second Son
  5. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  6. The Last of US
  7. Uncharted 3
  8. Uncharted 2
  9. Uncharted 1

1. Sherlock Holmes and the Devil's Daughter (100%)
  2. Submerged (100%)
  3. Monstercakes (100%)
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy (100%)
  5. Push (100%)
  6. Tangrams Deluxe (100%)
  7. Batman The Telltale Series (100%)
  8. The Walking Dead Season 2 (100%)
  9. Crosscells (100%)
  10. Phrase Shift (100%)
  11. Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
  12. Klocki
  13. The Witcher III DLCs
  14. XCOM 2
  15. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  16. Scanner Sombre
  17. Figment
  18. Stories
  19. RYSE
  20. Black: The Fall
  21. Assassin's Creed Revelations
  22. Superhot
  23. Turmoil
  24. Inside
  25. You Must Build a Boat
  26. Refunct
  27. J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars
PSN:

1. South Park The Fractured But Whole
  2. Lego City Undercover
  3. Agents of Mayhem
  4. Dirt 4
  5. Assassin's Creed Origins
  6. Infamous Last Light
  7. Killzone Shadowfall
  8. Uncharted Lost Legacy
  9. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
  10. Just Cause 3
  11. Assassin's Creed Unity
  12. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  13. Ghost Recon Wildlands
  14. Far Cry Primal
  15. Doom
  16. Arkham Knight
  17. Horizon Zero Dawn
  18. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  19. Mass Effect Andromeda

1. Access Denied (100%)
  2. Aer Memories of Old (100%)
  3. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
  4. Assassin's Creed Rogue
  5. Assassin's Creed Unity
  6. The Banner Saga
  7. Batman Arkham Knight
  8. Batman: The Enemy Within (100%)
  9. Battletech
  10. Bioshock Infinite
  11. Bladed Fury (Thanks @The Queen!)
  12. Bomb Squad Academy
  13. Bombshell
  14. Bright Bob
  15. The Chronicles of King Arthur - Episode 1: Excalibur
  16. Contrast (100%)
  17. Deadspace 1
  18. Deadspace 2
  19. Delete (100%)
  20. Divinity Original Sin 2
  21. Dots (100%)
  22. Electroquest: Resistance is Futile (100%)
  23. Far: Lone Sails
  24. Glass Masquerade
  25. Fallout 4
  26. GNOG
  27. Golf Peaks
  28. GTA V
  29. Homefront: The Revolution
  30. Injustice 1
  31. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  32. Little Bug
  33. Little Hidden City (100%)
  34. Little Nightmares
  35. The Mooseman
  36. Neoncode
  37. Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
  38. Omensight
  39. Pavilion
  40. Phantom Doctrine
  41. Pillars of Eternity 1 - The White March 1 + 2
  42. Pillars of Eternity 2
  43. Planet Alpha
  44. .projeckt
  45. Puzzlement (100%)
  46. Race Arcade
  47. Rayman Legends
  48. Rescue 2
  49. Roboball
  50. The Room (100%)
  51. The Room 2 (100%)
  52. Runic Rampage
  53. Sandmade (100%)
  54. Scalak (100%)
  55. Singularity
  56. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  57. SOMA (100%)
  58. Stereo Aereo
  59. Subnautica
  60. Sunset Overdrive
  61. Sword Legacy Omen (100%)
  62. TOK (100%)
  63. Tyranny
  64. Up Left Out (100%)
  65. Valley
  66. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  67. Yoku's Island Express
PSN:

1. Rayman Legends
  2. Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
  3. Star Wars Battlefront II
  4. Mafia III
  5. Dead Rising IV
  6. Far Cry 5
  7. God of War
  8. Rime
  9. Call of Duty Advanced War
  10. Injustice 2
  11. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  12. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (100%)
  13. Red Dead Redemption 2
XBONE

1. Halo 5 Guardians

Steam
  1. Kolumo
  2. Hello Polution!
  3. Chuchel
  4. Repair Bot
  5. Momonga Pinball Adventures
  6. Call of Duty Ghosts
  7. Gris
  8. Far Cry Primal
  9. Northern Lights
  10. Call of Duty Modern Warfare III
  11. Assassin's Creed Origins + DLC
  12. Mutant Road Zero
  13. Lego Ninjago Movie
  14. Impulsow
  15. Expand
  16. Spectrum Break
  17. Hitman 2
  18. Glass Masquerade 2
  19. South Park Fractured But Whole
  20. Call of Duty Black Ops
  21. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  22. Call of Duty Black Ops 3
  23. Lego DC Super Villians
  24. Mad Max
  25. The Bridge
  26. Call of Duty Modern Warfare
  27. Void Bastards
  28. The Strange Realm of Mine
  29. Borderlands 2 + DLC
  30. Epic Car Factory
  31. Jettomero
  32. Boor
  33. Book of Demons
  34. IIn
  35. Doom
  36. Perchang
  37. Darq
  38. Middle Earth Shadow of War
  39. Fracter
  40. Inked
  41. Moons of Madness
  42. Destiny 2 Story
  43. Naboki
  44. Jim is Moving Out
  45. Seen
  46. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  47. Typoman
  48. Runner 3
Uplay
  1. Far Cry New Dawn
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey + DLC
Origin
  1. Jedi: Fallen Order
  2. Unravel 1
  3. Unravel 2
  4. Sea of Solitude
PC Gamepass
  1. Crackdown 3
  2. Gears 5
  3. The Outer Worlds
  4. My Name is Pedro
PSN
  1. Spider Man
  2. Call of Duty WW2
  3. Detroit Become Human
  4. Metro Exodus
  5. Days Gone
  6. Rage 2
  7. Control

Steam:

1. Iris.Fall ★★★★
2. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare ★★★
3. Bioshock 2 Remastered ★★★★
4. Mo:Astray ★★★★★
5. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare ★★★★
6. Lightmatter ★★★★ 1/2
7. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 ★★★
8. Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days ★★★ 1/2
9. Star Wars The Force Unleashed II ★★★ 1/2
10. The Walking Dead: Michonne ★★★★
11. The Garden's Between ★★★★ 1/2
12. Old Man's Journey ★★★★
14. Draw your Game ★★ 1/2
22. Krystopia: A Puzzle Journey ★★★★
23. Etherborn ★★★ 1/2
24. Ori and the Blind Forrest Definitive Edition ★★★★ 1/2
25. Alan Wake + DLC Episodes ★★★★★
27. Borderlands 3 ★★★★
32. Remember Me ★★★ 1/2
34. Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 ★★★ 1/2
35. The Evil Within ★★★
37. The Evil Within 2 ★★★★
38. Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventures ★★★ 1/2
39. Simple Machines ★★★★
40. Mafia III: DE ★★★
43. Lithium City ★★★★ 1/2
45. Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition ★★★★
46. Halo 1 (MCC) ★★ 1/2
47. Halo 2 (MCC) ★★★★
48. Replicant ★★★ 1/2
49. Stela ★★★★ 1/2
52. Iron Danger ★★★★ 1/2
53. Halo 3 (MCC) ★★★ 1/2
54. Kids ★★★
55. Halo Reach (MCC) ★★★★
56. Ever Forward ★★★ 1/2
59. Strange Brigade ★★★★ 1/2
60. Halo 3: ODST (MCC) ★★ 1/2
61. Vampyr ★★★1/2
63. Kystopia Nova's Journey ★★★1/2
65. Transformers: War for Cybertron ★★★ 1/2
67. Close to the Sun ★★★★ 1/2
70. Halo 4 (MCC)★★★★
72. Darq DLC Levels ★★★★
75. Dead Space 3 ★★★ 1/2
76. Dead Space Awakened ★ 1/2

XBONE Gamepass:

13. Gears of War 2 ★★★ 1/2
17. Gears of War 3 ★★★ 1/2
20. Gears of War Judgement ★★
21. Gears of War Aftermath ★★★ 1/2

PC Gamepass:

15. Wolfenstein: Youngblood ★★★ 1/2
36. Deliver Us the Moon ★★★
41. Minecraft Dungeons ★★ 1/2
51. Carrion ★★★ 1/2
57. Wasteland 3 ★★★★ 1/2
71. Doom Eternal ★★★
73. Morkredd ★★★★ 1/2
74. Call of the Sea ★★★ 1/2

Uplay:

16. The Division 2 ★★★ 1/2
62. Watch Dogs 2 ★★★
66. Watch Dogs: Legion ★★★ 1/2
68. Assassin's Creed Valhalla ★★★★

PS4:

19. Death Stranding ★★★★ 1/2
28. The Last of Us Remastered + Left Behind ★★★★ 1/2
29. Uncharted 4 ★★★★
30. Uncharted Lost Legacy ★★★★ 1/2
33. Beyond: Two Souls ★★★
37. Until Dawn ★★★ 1/2
42. Saint's Row 3 Remastered ★★★
44. The Last of Us Part II ★★★★ 1/2
50. Ghost of Tsushima ★★★★★
58. Marvel's Avengers ★★★★
64. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) ★★★★ 1/2

PS3:

26. The Simpsons Game ★★★★
31. James Bond Bloodstone ★★★ 1/2
69. Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction ★★★ 1/2

2021:

Steam:

1. Rover Mechanic Simulator - ★★★ 1/2
2. Call of Duty 2 ★★★★
3. Warhammer Chaosbane ★★★
6. Mirror's Edge Catalyst ★★★1/2
8. Mass Effect Andromeda ★★★
9. Star Wars Battlefront II ★★★★
10. Halo Spartan Assault ★★ 1/2
12. Vanquish ★★★★
13. Murdered: Soul Suspect ★★★★
14. Puzzletronics Analog Logic ★1/2
15. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete ★★★★ 1/2
16. Marvel's Avengers ★★★ 1/2
17. Control + DLC ★★★★ 1/2
18. 100 Hidden Snails ★★
19. Mass Effect 1 - Legendary ★★★★★
20. Mass Effect 2 - Legendary ★★★★
21. Higgs-Bosun: Minimal Puzzle ★★★ 1/2
23. Mass Effect 3 - Legendary ★★★★
25. Train Station Renovation ★★★
26. Metro 2033 Redux ★★★★
27. Metro Last Light Redux ★★★★
28. Days Gone ★★★ 1/2
29. Forged By Blood ★★ 1/2
30. Children of Morta ★★★★ 1/2
31. Ruiner ★★★ 1/2
33. Lego Movie 2 Game ★★★ 1/2
34. Liberated ★★★★
35. CATch the Stars ★★★
36. Death's Door ★★★★ 1/2
38. Cyberpunk ★★★★
39. The Bunker ★★★ 1/2
40. Titanfall 2 - ★★★★★
41. Catch the Stars Japan - ★★★ 1/2
43. Death Stranding - ★★★★★
45. 100 Hidden Snails 2 - ★★★
46. 100 Hidden Eternals - ★★★★
47. 100 Hidden Cats - ★★★
49. 100 Hidden Eternals - ★★★
50. Pathfinder Wraith of the Righteous - ★★★★ 1/2
51. 100 Hidden Aliens - ★★★
52. 100 Hidden Cats 2 - ★★★
53. A Juggler's Tale - ★★★★
54. 100 Hidden Mushrooms - ★★★★
55. Wolfenstein II - ★★★ 1/2
64. Sizable ★★★★
67. 100 Hidden Birds ★★★
68. 100 Hidden Rams ★★★
69. 100 Hidden Mice ★★★

PS3:

4. Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunter ★★★
11. Dead Space Extraction ★★★★

PC Gamepass:

5. Donut County ★★★★
7. Gears of War Hivebusters ★★★★ 1/2
22. The Wild at Heart ★★★★ 1/2
24. Maneater ★★ 1/2
32. Anthem ★ 1/2
37. Omno ★★★★
63. Outriders ★★★
65. Halo Infinite Campaign ★★1/2
66. The Gunk ★★★

Ubisoft+

42. Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Ireland ★★★★
44. Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Paris ★★
56. Far Cry 6 - ★★★ 1/2
57. Immortals Fenyx Rising ★★★

PS4:

48. Spider man Miles Morales (PS4) - ★★★★ 1/2
58. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remake? Reimagining? (PS4) ★★ 1/2
59. Uncharted 1 (PS4) ★★★ 1/2
60. Uncharted 2 ★★★★ 1/2
61. Uncharted 3 ★★★★ 1/2
62. Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★★★

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #1 - Rover Mechanic Simulator - Pretty cool. My first post-uni job was in mobile robotics, so not sure why I waiting on this. Though I was more test bed analysis, sensor data acquisition and comparative data sourcing. Take apart rovers, find the dud parts, repair and put back together. Not sure if I actually finished it or it's open ended but I got 100% of the achievements. ★★★ 1/2

Game #2 - Call of Duty 2. - The contrast between a game about the horrors of war and the current dude-bro recruitment games is stark. Good tight shooting and a more interesting setting. Play as three factions across the whole war, from the defence of Stalingrad as the Russians to crossing the Rhine as the Americans. ★★★★

Game #3 - Warhammer Chaosbane - Decent ARPG, choose one of 6 classes and off you go. You can play co-op etc... I think I broke it at some point and was so powerful I held down the basic attack button on the final boss and shredded it in 4 seconds or so. Balance seemed to go out the window. Weirdly chapter 1-4 make up the main game, chapter 5 is DLC and chapter 6 is free. ★★★

Game #4 - Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunter - Seems to take place post the movie, even stars the voice of Ryan Reynolds. You're back on Oa and stuff goes wrong. Decent brawler but some of the contructs (powers) are way OP. Become a jet or Mech and just murder everything in sight. Contains both punching and flying levels with the flying ones suffering from a severe case of "diarrhea Christmas lights", you have no idea what is going on, it's just visual noise. ★★★

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #5 - Donut County - Fun, short, little light puzzle game, swallow scenes with a moveable hole that grows as it consumes. A few puzzles but this is more of a story/experience than anything challenging. Achievements were broken for me PC gamepass so I got nothing, zero, zilch... ★★★★

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #6 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Steam)- I haven't played the first so I'm a bit behind in the story but the main path was thoroughly enjoyable if not a slightly overplayed experience. The parkour mostly works well but never feels as fluid as you would hope. Looks great, runs great though I never bothered with all the collectables and side missions. ★★★1/2

Game #7 - Gears of War Hivebusters (PC Gamepass) - Beautiful and generous experience. Changes up the standard broken cities and underground to a largely luscious tropical island environment. ★★★★ 1/2

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
First update to my original post !

1. Picross S4 - Switch - 01/02/21
You know what you are getting at this point. Liked the Color Picross, hated the Extra Picross (too big, long, punishing, and my eyes are 42 years old ffs).

2. Super Mario Odyssey - Switch - 06/02/21
So so camera. Incredibly easy to miss your target. Too many and rarely used moves, allocated to weird gestures. Extremely boring, too. Bloated as fuck with moons, but quantity rarely equals quality.
Now to finish Wasteland 2, Hitman 2, maybe finally play Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil 7, and Square announced the new FF14 xpac, which motivate me to resume my playthrough.
Where will I find the time ?

Last edited:

5taquitos

I don't beat games
Nov 18, 2019
Games I've marked as Beaten/Completed so far this year:

1. GRIS (3.5/5)
    • It wears its Journey inspiration on its sleeve, but there were several wow moments with some impressive art. Overall, though, it was pretty simple, and short.​
  2. Halo 2: Anniversary (3.5/5)
    • I continue to make my way through the MCC having never really played the campaigns before, and I found Halo 2 to be a lot more fun than CE. I'm sure diehards will disagree, but I liked playing as Arbiter, and the story was decent (until the abrupt ending). The added terminals were alright, though the extended Halo lore is a mess imo. The Anniversary visuals were very nice, much better than CE Anniversary. Looking forward to Halo 3 once I wrap a few other games up.​
  3. One Finger Death Punch 2 (4/5)
    • Finally made my way through 100% of the campaign maps, and put a decent amount of time into the survival and additional modes. Absolutely adored this game, one of my favorite ways to kill a few minutes, but I've had my fill for a while so I'm shelving it for the indefinite future.​
  4. Titanfall 2 (4.5/5)
    • I had started the campaign on for this on PS4 way back when it first came out, but never got around to finishing it. Since I picked up EA Play on Steam I figured I'd revisit it since I love Apex Legends, and I heard it was short. The campaign was fantastic, and when it was all said and done, I was left wishing for more. I think they could have included two more levels and bosses, even if as DLC, but oh well. Glad I finally got around to beating it.​

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Update -

3. New Super Mario Bros 2 - Nintendo 3DS - 08/02/21
Normal game only, no special worlds. Difficulty jump seemed high and I have no patience for the game wasting my time sending me back to map every death (in some special cases) or with forced 30 seconds cinematics (final boss was uguu for that).
I'm not in love with Mario (the first two Paper Mario though, it's another story), so playing this and Odyssey back to back is a good indication that I'm currently craving for lighthearted, and even more so for weeb shit. I want that Japanese feel these days.

Reactions: KainXVIII and Avern

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #8 - Mass Effect Andromeda (EAPlay/Steam) - Decent enough waste of time. Premise is weak and content largely boring and uninspiring. For all the time they had, the rush is obvious. ★★★

Game #9 - Star Wars Battlefront II (EAPlay/Steam) - Fun campaign, good story and lots characters to play. Hopefully Iden and Del turn up on a Disney show at some point, it seems to fit the timeline. ★★★★

Game #10 - Halo Spartan Assault (Steam) - Decent short little twin stick isometric shooter. Most levels only take 3-4 mins, there are 30 of them. Not super exact and with some weird bugs at time, but a decent diversion from longer games. Difficulty ramps up quite a bit towards the end. ★★ 1/2

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Hardly played any games in 2020, not for a bad reason or anything but it's time to catch up this year.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - completed on 1st March - Replayed it because I enjoyed the open world so much that it overshadowed a lot of the things I don't like about the game. Nevertheless, this feeling of joy is so refreshing because I've never been a fan of the more recent 3D Zelda games that I've played passively in the past. I'm definitely keeping this just to see that interactive world again.

2. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch) - completed on 12th April - Played this for the first time since I've never owned a Nintendo home consoles. Regarding the base game, I liked how smooth and fun it was even though I had a difficult time trying to judge where Mario's positioning was when trying to hit and enemy or especially trying to get important collectibles due to that whole 2.5-D perspective.

Regarding Bowser's Fury, I really appreciated the open world even though the Smash Fury Blocks objectives were annoying because only Bowser can destroy them and it can be annoying having to wait for him just to complete an objective. Also, I didn't mind too much when playing but it was slower than the base game since the framerate's much lower due to it being an action-heavy open world. I think the resolution also seemed lower too so I just did the bare minimum to complete that game. I'd gladly play more of it for the sake of collecting anything I missed once an upgraded Switch is released and the game improves its performance.

3. Doom 64 (Switch) - completed on 28th April - Played this for the first time. It was fun. Some levels were a bit obscure with trying to remember where certain coloured doors were and opening an area a bit far away, but overall it was fun and kind of difficult. I played it on the second-hardest difficulty so the challenge was nice and I did a LOT of saving. This applies to other Doom games before this but I don't like how the automap doesn't highlight the Red, Blue and Yellow doors. It'd be helpful if it did, like a Metroid map would do. More annotations on the automap would be really good.

That was my only gripe. Other than that, I enjoyed the gameplay and it was pretty for an N64 game. The additional monsters such as the Nightmare Imps were nice. I also liked how a lot of enemies looked different compared to their older counterparts.

This is one of those strange versions of Doom that made me so surprised that it even exists on modern systems that I'm willing to keep it installed just for that reason. It doesn't hurt that the game itself is good.

4. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (Switch) - completed on 4th May - Never played any Wonder Boy/Monster Boy games before so this was a first. Was a fun platformer. Thankfully, I didn't come across any annoying difficulty spikes throughout my time playing with it but I'm not counting the secret level after the game's completion. I liked the artstyle and it was short enough to not become tiring.

5. Aero Fighters 2 (Switch) - completed on 5th May - looked and played nice for an old game. Since it's an arcade game, technically anybody can complete this since the game offers infinite credits and you can continue from the same point when your ship gets destroyed. It was brutally difficult even when playing on the easiest skill level but it was still fun blasting everything and trying to dodge the hellish rain of bullets. If this was a real life arcade, I would've become bankrupt so quickly judging from the million times I was defeated.

6. Blazing Chrome (Switch) - completed on 7th May - a great example of a short and sweet game. The gameplay was intense and brutal. My experience was a bit too brutal for me because I stupidly realised too late during the final boss that my character's ground roll had invincibility against the enemy and its attacks. Therefore I think it was a fair challenge and I played on Normal difficulty. The set-pieces and bosses were intense and I think I've had my Contra-like fix for now. An amazing game and one that's worthy of keeping it installed just to marvel at its intensity.

7. SEGA AGES Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Switch) - completed on 8th May - Never played an Alex Kidd game before. I tried the AGES version that has the ability to continue from the current level if you die, and the 'Rewind' feature. It doesn't seem like the game has aged well. It's not like Mario or Sonic where I wouldn't abuse the Rewind feature to get through a difficult part - with this game I ended up using that feature a lot. Unlike the previous game I played, Blazing Chrome, this one was quite frustrating at times with Alex being a bit slippery and the final stage being a nightmare with the traps and maze-like structure. So that means that instead of trying to complete it a fair way like I did with Blazing Chrome, I ended up using save states and Rewind to complete it, especially during the final level and boss.

Still, it's a nice piece of SEGA history and a good version with some nice options. So I don't regret playing it.

8. Danmaku Unlimited 3 (Switch) - completed on 21st May - I think I suck at bullet-hell games but I still found this a more friendlier experience compared to Aero Fighters 2, and I liked the concept of a small circle inside my ship that acted as the core and I just needed to make sure that the core didn't get hit and not the ship itself. I played on the easiest mode and I still struggled even with the short length of the game. I always managed to exhaust the limited number of retries when I reached the final boss and I could never beat it. So after many attempts, I gave up and surrendered to one of the game's options called 'Free Play', where it gave the option of starting from any stage and even any boss, so first I started from the final stage but still couldn't do it, so I chose to just start from the final boss and succeeded that way with the full supply of the lives I had.

So it was a brutal but enjoyable experience and a visual feast. The movement and the game itself felt so smooth too. I thought it was really neat that like some other games, I could play this by putting my Switch in a vertical position and adjusting the game's screen to suit that kind of playstyle.

9. The King of Fighters '98 (Switch) - completed on 23rd May - This was really fun. Since it's the arcade version, I turned down the difficulty to 1 and beat Rugal using characters I was slightly familiar with like Terry, Ryo and Robert back in the day. Then I tried to experiment with other characters using the in-game manual and ended up really liking King and her kicking special moves, So I primarily used her to complete the game again and that's when I ended up liking the game even more. With Rugal, I ended up playing it cheap and mostly using sweeps since he proved difficult.

The experimentation was a bit cumbersome due to the Switch version not having a training mode, so that's one thing I didn't like. Aside from that, the graphics and animations were really nice and lively for such an old game.

I'm finished with it now but I'll gladly dip into it as a pallete-cleanser or just for short bursts of fun.

10. Horizon Chase Turbo (Switch) - completed on 1st August - This was one hell of a thrilling ride from start to finish! It has all the hallmarks of what makes a game like this great. I dearly miss Nintendo's F-Zero series so I really appreciated tearing through races at full speed in this game. It also reminded me of Top Gear on the SNES, which was another great arcade racer. My only grip was to have all the Endurance modes unlocked because the way I had to play all of them, it felt really repetitive and too grindy for my liking.

I'll glady dip back into this to play a race and try to unlock any optional cars that I couldn't before, and also to play the future DLC when it releases. It really deserves to be in anyone's library, especially those who like arcade racers.

11. The World Ends with You: Final Remix (Switch) - completed on 8th October - I really enjoyed this action RPG. Visually it looks great with the 2D artstyle. I used the touchscreen for combat and it worked quite well. The battles are fully real-time and really fun, including the different abilities that can be used. I'm not a fan of touchscreen-based games so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the combat here.

Speaking of combat, the difficulty selection is great because there are incentives. Each Noise (the random encounters in this game) drops different items based on the 4 levels of difficulty that can be switched anytime when traversing the city in this game. The game even tells you the chance of them dropping these items so it's very helpful. In the Game Over screen, you can instantly retry a battle with different options available, such as changing your abilities, running away if you can, retrying on the easiest difficulty, etc. A lot of this is not unlocked from the beginning, by the way. Lastly, encounters are done well in this game. Outside of scripted encounters, you can enter a scanning mode to see all the Noise you can encounter via different symbols. You touch the symbol you want to fight and you can also chain multiple battles by touching more than 1 symbol quickly. Not only does it make grinding easy, it also makes the Noise stronger and increases the chance of the Noise dropping items. So it's great that you can choose the encounters since outside of normal cases, these encounters do not chase after you. All this made this game feel even better when it comes to grinding and RPGs.

There are the usual shops and all that stuff. Exploration is limited and the area of the game is quite small, so that's not the focus of the game. It's a small world.

The story's good and so are the characters. I found it really interesting for a small-scale story.

In this game, you can improve your abilities and even upgrade some of them. This is normally done through combat. However, there's another way too. Any time you're not playing, you gain points that contribute to improving the abilities you've equipped so it's a neat way to keep on improving your abilities even when not playing. There's one problem and is one of the things I don't like about the game: Some abilities can only be upgraded if you acquire points outside of battle and as someone who just wants to upgrade them through battle, it's really annoying. There's a workaround but it breaks my immersion in the game.

Overall, a great action RPG. I can't wait to play its sequel!

12. Metroid Dread (Switch) - completed on 6th November - The last Metroid game I completed 100% was Zero Mission on the Game Boy Advance. I loved it in almost every aspect, even though it was short.

Metroid Dread has great and super-fluid controls. Aiming and shooting at an enemy feels so good. The only thing I didn't like was that in order to activate the Speed Booster ability, I need to click in the left analog stick. In Zero Mission, it just activated automatically and I wish this game did the same, but it's a minor nitpick. I was surprised by how much fun I had controlling Samus, the protagonist of the game, because I prefer the d-pad for movement rather than the analog stick but in this game, the movement felt so nice.

The level design is nice and and I had so much fun getting all the items from every area. The boss fights were great, some of them even amazing. The story was interesting for a Metroid game where it's usually minimal. I really liked what it did for the lore, such as the Chozo race who have a connection to Samus.

It took me longer to complete the game compared to games like Zero Mission. It doesn't help that the game can be quite difficult mostly because Samus takes a lot of damage from enemy attacks in Metroid Dread, but the checkpoints were forgiving.

I wish the ending rewards actually highlighted the requirements I need to unlock them, but they don't. That's one of my minor gripes with the game. A major one is that whenever I travel to another area, the loading time is really long compared to previous Metroid games where it felt non-existent.

Overall, an excellent game with superb controls, good atmosphere, great boss battles, interesting lore and a detailed and helpful map, hampered by long loading times when travelling between different areas.

Reason: Cleaning up the post.
Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #11 - Dead Space Extraction (PS3) - Played it without any sort of motion controls but it's still quite manageable with just the left stick controlling the reticule. It's a prequel to Dead Space 1 and reuses some of the same locations but is quite a decent game on it's own. It's a rail shooter but it's well done and provides some great background information to what went wrong on the Ishimura. Oddly it's only the female character that has to have a scan/"kolto" like bath naked, the men all do it fully clothed. Subtle Visceral/EA! ★★★★

Reactions: lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #12 - Vanquish (steam) - Good silly fun, rocket powered genuflection. Lots of fun weapon variation, good level design, fun and very Japanese cinematics. Gets pretty easy once you upgrade your weapons, the laser rifle just melts everything. Doesn't overstay it's welcome either. I barely even used the suit trickery until the final boss. ★★★★

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #13 - Murdered: Soul Suspect (Steam) - I liked this more than I thought I would, I did start it years ago but benched it so I started again. Barely 10 hours at most but tells a good story with decent twists and red herrings. Some good side content and a bit of exploration and cat possession. ★★★★

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
4. Oddmar - iOS - 22/3/21
I rage played the game in one sitting, knowing that I wouldn't return to it anyway. Touch controls were beyond shit for me, tons of death by ignored input. Don't know why, it's a fairly successful game, never heard of bad controls, and I played my share of touch based games with no problem before.
It's a VERY pretty game, but it's unfortunately all there is to it. Narration is boring as shit, you have many voiced art segments, but the narration is Marvel 60's style, where you are told every fucking thing that happen and that you can already see. Levels are nothing new, this is a big mix a Mario, Rayman, light iOS puzzle platformers etc.
This was made by a small team, they have done a great game if we consider the team, they should continue and work on their flaws. That being said, as a game on its own... well, it's pretty ?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Game #14 Puzzletronics Analog Logic - (Steam)

Puzzletronics is a short minimalist games about circuit design, sort of...

Aesthetically it is quite nice, a decent OST but as a tool to teach even the most basic electronics it's very basic and not particularly inspired. All the parts are there, diodes, resistors, capacitors etc... but none of them do anything really related to their actual function in a DC circuit. Resistors are just a piece of wire, diodes and LEDs have to arranged one way with the flow, capacitors have to be in parallel, the pieces are just that, placeholders for basic puzzle rules.

There are 70 levels, some that break the games own rules and many make no sense electronically or would even function as described. Voltage and current leaks everywhere.

There is some potential for an interesting puzzle game in the electronics space, where voltages, currents and circuit design play a part but this game is not it. ★1/2

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Call of Cthulhu - Shadow of the Comet (GOG)

Old School point-n-click adventure. It's sat in my GOG library for years and i remembered if from years before that. Good story, nice art, great music and sounds, decent VA and the puzzles aren't too obtuse. There were one or two areas where i had to turn the animation down especially the chase scene which was annoying until i reset the gamespeed but then it was fine.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
#1 February 1st - Path of Exile ★★★★☆
#2 March 27th - Loop Hero ★★★★☆
#3 April 6th - Fatum Betula ★★★★☆
#4 April 25th - Genesis Noir ★★★☆☆
#5 May 3rd - The Supper ★★★☆☆
#6 June 14th - Days Gone ★★★★☆
#7 August 6th - Haven Park ★★★★☆
#8 August 22nd - Quake ★★★★☆
#9 September 25th - :The Longing: ★★★★☆

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
5. Hades - PC - 12/04/21
The dialog grind to unlock the epilogue made the game overstay its welcome by a good 10 hours. Quite a feat for such a greatly written game for me to come to a point where I just shrug off the dialogs, like 'ok ok mate, good'.
That being said, it is an incredible game. Progression is generous and well paced, gameplay, while a tad much button mashey, is really on point, the whole game design is on point, in fact. Supergiant should give a huge raise to their character designer, too. And the writing is perfect.
It's quite a game.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#4, The Stillness of the Wind
Forgot to post this here. It's eh. Not my kind of game at all.

Also just now...
#5, Mass Effect: Andromeda
103 hours!
It's good! :blobmorning2: It gets most of the stuff right for what I want from Mass Effect. And it's also so patently obvious that they ran out of time and budget, really unfortunate. :surrenderblob:
Also really unfortunate that they left some background plot threads open, likely to be solved and revealed in all the canceled DLC and/or a sequel.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
6. Ys V - Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sands - SNES - 17/04/21
As I said in the Steam Thread, I'm in agreement with the Hardcoregaming 101 review that says it's a good game but not what fans of the series wanted. Not stellar, flaws are very visible, like the (very) bad bosses and poor difficulty, but in isolation this is a good game that I'm glad to have played. Even taken as part of the Ys series, it's not like we are talking a horrible black sheep, it's just too different from the rest.
That being said, I would have greatly appreciated if the plot wasn't a confusing mess that lead me to ask myself if I'm a moron, but hey, don't ask questions you don't want answer to.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
#7, Unravel Two
Plays a lot tighter than the first one, also adding a second yarny creates more interesting puzzle potential.

Got all the achievements in Unravel but won't do the same here, the time trials are a shitty addition even with the tighter controls. :surrenderblob:

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold WarPC (Battle.net)Beat the campaign, played a good chunk of Zombies, dabbled in MP. The campaign is a lot better than MW2019 and its twist isn't bad. Overall, it was enjoyable.
Wasteland 3PC (Steam)Beat the campaign and a bunch of side quests. Might replay it down the line, or at the very least try to do another ending. Overall, a pretty good experience, though a bit buggy.
Just Cause 4PC (Steam)Beat the campaign and did some DLC missions. It's a big step down from Just Cause 3. Too much focus on escort mission or defense missions.
HellboundPC (Steam)Beat the campaign. Sadly, I still think the same thing I thought last year when it came out and I refunded it. It's a "retro" shooter made by people who saw videos of old shooters but never played them.
Hitman 3PC (EGS)Beat the campaign and did a few different combinations for some levels. Overall, the best Hitman to date, shame it's EGS.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - EarthbloodPC (EGS)Beat the campaign. It's a pretty good example of the AA games that people say they'd love to return... and it'll get murdered by critics because of that. I personally had a ton of fun with it, even if the first level made me think I might hate it.
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - The Hunter and the BeastPC (Steam)Beat an Empire Vortex campaign (normal mode)
ManeaterPC (EGS)Beat the campaign, got the shark to max level, got a bunch of evolutions. Overall, pretty enjoyable, though it's probably the perfect length as if it had been any longer I'd probably have felt bored.
Halo: ReachPC (Steam)Beat the campaign (in Normal, because I'm a scrub :D ) Enjoyable overall. I'd tried on max difficulty before but I didn't get very far before I gave up, doing it in Normal was a looot better.
Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods Part 1PC (Steam)I know it's an expansion, but it's hard AF, so it counts as a game now :D. Beat the campaign, had to take it a step down to UV (and it was still super hard). I don't like the Spirits, but overall, it was a damn good sequel to Eternal and I can't wait for Part 2.
Nioh 2PC (Steam)I only beat the main campaign so I still have the DLC to do. Overall, I actually liked this one a lot more than Nioh 2 (though I never finished Nioh 1 due to getting kinda lost in an early area :D )
Lost Words: Beyond the PagePC (Steam)A very chill adventure gameplay-wise, and if that was all it had going for I'd have probably dropped it as the gameplay gets repetitive quickly. The narrative is heartwarming and well thought out, however, so I'm glad I kept going.
OutridersPC (Steam)Finished the campaign and all the hunts, bounties and side quests. Loved pretty much every second of it, there's an incredible amount of things it does better than similar games, and the story is overall a lot better than I'd anticipated. Edit: 100% achievements, baby!
AshwalkersPC (Steam)Finished a good amount of endings (the game has 34, and sadly I don't think I'll go for all of them). It's a neat concept and I like that it's a survival game without normal combat. Sadly, the pace is glacial, and after a few runs that really ruins things. I'd still recommend it for the atmosphere.
Robert Ludlum's The Bourne ConspiracyXbox 360Finished the campaign on Agent difficulty (normal). Very much a product of its time, it's full of annoying QTEs and the combat is kinda clunky. I still enjoyed it overall.

That's the stuff I've beaten so far, I'm lazy so I just copied the google spreadsheet I had :D

(16 games so far). I'll add more games the normal way with their own post each now that I've already put all the others here :face-with-tears-of-joy: I also beat Ancient Gods Part 2 but it was easier and shorter than Part 1 so I didn't count it as a full game.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
7. Ys VI - The Ark of Napishtim - PC - 23/04/21
Another solo Adol = Another winner.
The change in difficulty from V is stark, lol, but apart from a couple of bosses who can be infuriating toward the middle of the game, no big issue. This episode interestingly tries (and achieve) to make the whole series' lore more cohesive, it's a really good move.
No, I don't have any bad points to mention (fuck bees, though !)