|OT| X games/year or Let's document our MetaGaming addiction (where X is a positive integer)

Knurek

OG King of Weeb
Oct 16, 2018
Claim a post. Update said post with your progress throughout the year. Share your feelings about the games you've played.
Or not. Given the VOAT-like roots of this forum, I thought we might do away with all imposed rules, and let everyone set their own goals.
You want to finish 52 games this year? Sure, go ahead.
You want to play 5 guro VNs? By all means!
You want to spend the year sniping noobs in Calladuty? We won't judge you.
I totally will though

As an incentive, anyone who succeeds in their set yearly goals will get a handmade MSPaint rendition of their avatars delivered before 31.12.2019

Last edited:

† Echo †

漂う夢のまにまに
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Okay. I'll claim this spot then. Let's see how 2019 works out!

Stated Goal: 3 Games a month, or 36 total by Dec. 31st, 2019.

For funsies I guess I'll also total my R6 Siege time this year, given it is absolutely my #1 time sucker whenever I sit down to play something.

R6 Siege, 2019 Time sink: Start: 425 Hours || Current: 577 || Result: +152 Hours (Last Update: Mar. 4th, 2019)
====================

Games Completed in 2019:

January:

1. one night, hot springs (Steam: ~60 minutes, 7/7 Achievements)

Thoughts: This was an f2p VN on Steam that honestly, I would have overlooked if not for friends and user reviews. It's a bit sweet and sour this one. I'm not trans, I'll never be trans, but I appreciate the peak into that kind of situation a story like this provides. It's educational in a way.

2. Lucy Got Problems (Steam: ~6.6 Hours, 36/36 Achievements)

Thoughts: This is a stupid and lewd, but sometimes funny VN filled to the brim with Video Game/Movie and anime references. I followed a community guide to get all the achievements and probably wouldn't re-read this. Designs were cute, mostly I'm a sucker for dark elves though.

February:

1. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Steam: ~28 Hours, 36/49 Achievements at time of completion)

Thoughts: AC7 is an early runner for top-10 of 2019. Runs great, plays great, has a fun and engaging story mode with length and good production values. I'm not usually a fan of flying games but this one sucked me right in!

2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Steam: ~145 Hours All Base Game+Live-Service Achievements get at time of Completion)

Thoughts: Not a bad game overall, but if you're a completionist it very quickly becomes an overbearing slog. Story is okay if you make a mad dash through it though.

3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Steam: ~8 Hours, 14/14 Achievements.)

Thoughts: Proof that a small and dedicated team can make something with the looks and flare of an AAA. A little less puzzles and some more combat would have been more up my alley, but still great!

4. Fate/Exetlla: The Umbral Star (Steam: ~70 Hours, 53/53 Achievements)

Thoughts: Finally a musou style game that doesn't bore me! I guess it helps to be a big fan of the Fate/ series and lore lol.

March:

1. Dead or Alive 6 (Steam: ~21 Hours, 36/36 Achievements)

Thoughts: Well, that was quick! Honestly it's very disappointing. This game is content bare and launched without features that should be staples in big fighting game franchises like this. No lobbies! Uh, the achievements came fast too, they honestly felt like an afterthought and the only thing to really grind was Ranked matches. Costume unlocks in this is the biggest complaint it's so freakin' dumb, but I'm just gonna leave this game alone for a long while. Maybe come back when new fighters are out. You're gonna read a lot of negative reviews for this game, and honestly? Most are deserved sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knurek and lashman

Spamlynguist

Professional Procrastinator
Dec 31, 2018
January:
1. Rogue Quest: The Vault of the Lost Tyrant (Steam) | January 1st - 0.7 hours | ★★☆☆☆

2. DOOM 3 (Steam) | January 2nd - 10.6 hours | ★★★★☆

3. DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil (Steam) | January 2nd - 3.4 hours | ★★★☆☆

4. Princess Remedy 2: In A Heap of Trouble (Steam) | January 3rd - 1.7 hours | ★★★☆☆

5. Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (Steam) | January 6th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

6. What Never Was (Steam) | January 13th - 0.4 hours | ★★★☆☆

7. Vampyr (Steam) | January 13th - 27 hours | ★★★★☆

8. A Story About My Uncle (Steam) | January 14th - 2.4 hours | ★★★★☆

9. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PSN) | January 16th - N/A | ★★★★☆

10. Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Farewell (PSN) | January 16th - N/A | ★★★★★

11. inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4) | January 20th - N/A | ★★★☆☆

12. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4) | January 20th - 5.8 hours | ★★★☆☆

13. What Remains of Edith Finch (Epic) | January 21st - N/A | ★★★★☆

14. A Normal Lost Phone (Steam) | January 29th - 1.2 hours | ★★★☆☆
February:
15. Torchlight II (Steam) | February 3rd - 27 hours | ★★★★☆

16. Rogue Reaper (Steam) | February 3rd - 0.4 hours | ★★☆☆☆

17. Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story (Steam) | February 4th - 1 hours | ★★★★☆

18. Evoland (Steam) | February 9th - 3.9 hours | ★★☆☆☆

19. Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise (Steam) | February 9th - 4.7 hours | ★★★☆☆

20. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition (Steam) | February 9th - 7.4 hours | ★★★☆☆

21. Star Wars: Republic Commando (Steam) | February 12th - 8 hours | ★★★★☆

22. Papers, Please (Steam) | February 16th - 2 hours | ★★★★★

23. Double Dragon (Steam) | February 17th - 0.8 hours | ★★☆☆☆

24. Double Dragon II: The Revenge (Steam) | February 17th - 1.4 hours | ★★☆☆☆

25. Star Wars: Dark Forces (Steam) | February 19th - 7.7 hours | ★★★★☆

26. The Reject Demon: Toko Chapter 0 - Prelude (Steam) | February 20th - 2 hours | ★★☆☆☆

27. Snake Pass (Steam) | February 23rd - 4.4 hours | ★★★★☆

28. A Tale of Caos: Overture (Steam) | February 24th - 7.2 hours | ★☆☆☆☆

29. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (Steam) | February 27th - 4.1 hours | ★★★☆☆

30. How To Cope With Boredom and Loneliness (Steam) | February 27th - 0.5 hours | ★★★☆☆
March:
31. Metal Slug 3 (Steam) | March 1st - 1.2 hours | ★★★☆☆

32. Victor Vran (Steam) | March 2nd - 8.3 hours | ★★★☆☆

33. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Steam) | March 3rd - 3.7 hours | ★★★☆☆

34. Glass Masquerade + DLC (Steam) | March 9th - 7.4 hours | ★★★★☆

35. How to Survive (Steam) | March 10th - 9.8 hours | ★★★☆☆

Last edited:

itsamiracle

Dec 31, 2018
Claiming the post for future use and cheating a bit like a proper yakuza

1. Yakuza 0 (PC) COMPLETED

2 and a half hours in: pretty positive impressions so far. A lot more exposition than I expected but most importantly, punching people feels good in this game.
    26 hours in: basically stuck https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/362680/header.jpgdoing the real estate story line and scanning the map for side missions and those sweet sweet telephone cards 😏
    76 hours in; Completed the main story, game definitely exceeded my expectations and I couldn't recommend it enough.
  2. RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 "1-Shot Demo" (PC) COMPLETED

Really positive first impressions from the first 30 minutes. The return to the roots is appreciated and I will definitely check the full fat game at some point in the future. Looks like a good port as well.
  3. Fran Bow (PC) COMPLETED

Easily the best PnC I've played recently, pretty much what I wanted -the still pretty decent- Anna's Quest to be. Highly recommended.
  4. Bright Memory - Episode 1 / 光明记忆:第一章 (PC) COMPLETED

Really weird fps, apparently made by a single chinese developer. Still in EA with a lot of missing features like key rebinding (!), I wouldn't recommend it buying it in its current state unless you want to support its development.
  5. Titanfall 2 (PC) COMPLETED

Surprisingly well made campaign with a lot of great ideas. Unfortunately, my experience got hindered by constant crashes in the final part of the game.
  6. Yakuza Kiwami (PC) COMPLETED

Definitely inferior to 0, but a still pretty solid game. Now we just need the rest of the series on PC :minos_angry:.
  7. Gone Home (PC) COMPLETED

Better than I expected, that's about it.
  8. The Red Strings Club (PC) IN-PROGRESS
  9. Rise of the Tomb Raider(PC) COMPLETED

One word: Yikes.
  10. Glass Masquerade(PC) COMPLETED

Nothing to special as far as puzzle games go, but still a relaxing casual experience for 1-2 afternoons.
  11. Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight(PC) COMPLETED

Pretty decent bite sized soulsvania. Also ktties! :minos_love:
  12. Victoria II (PC) COMPLETED

Kinda difficult to complete a game of that genre but after 160 hours and many more... unofficial ones :zipper-mouth-face: it's time to put it down. Probably better for my backlog as well
  13. Baba is You (PC) COMPLETED

Really fun puzzle game, a couple of those were true brain twisters. Easily recommended for genre fans
  14. TBD

Last edited:

Gizmo

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Post claimed.

S ranking everything (or the equivalent) is my DMC5 goal, also will always be playing more MH:W.

Playing:
NITE TEAM 4
Baba is You

Completed Games
Return of the Obra Dinn (1-3-2019) Recommended
RUMU (1-6-2019) Recommended
Pony Island (1-13-2019)
Slay the Spire (1-15-2019) Recommended
RESIDENT EVIL 2 (2-4-2019) Essential
The Quiet Man (2-5-2019)
HEARTBEAT (2-8-2019) Recommended
What Never Was (2-9-2019)
Onimusha: Warlords / 鬼武者 (2-11-2019) Recommended
RESIDENT EVIL 7 (2-17-2019)
Devotion (2-21-2019) Recommended
The Fall (2-22-2019) Recommended
Ghost of a Tale (2-24-2019) Recommended
Resident Evil 4 (2-27-2019) Recommended
Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair (3-5-2019) Recommended
Rehtona 幻境双生 (3-7-2019) Recommended
Devil May Cry 5 (3-11-2019) Essential

Completed DLC/Expansions:
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor (1-12-2019)
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Forbidden Sanctum (1-13-2019)
RESIDENT EVIL 2: Ghost Survivors (2-15-2019)

Ongoing:
Monster Hunter: World
Hunter Rank 150 (1-5-2018)​
Arch-Tempered Teostra Killed (1-5-2019)​
Arch-Tempered Kushala Daora Killed (2-22-2019)​
Arch-Tempered Zorah Magdaros Killed (3-22-2019)​
Devil May Cry 5
Human Mode S Ranked (3-11-2019)​

Last edited:
OP
Knurek

Knurek

OG King of Weeb
Oct 16, 2018
My first goal of the year will be to (at least try to) finish Muv Luv+Muv Luv Alternative
(But I sure as hell won't start with them)
2018 list

Game 1: The House in Fata Morgana: A Requiem for Innocence - started on 11.12.2018, finished on 01.01.2019 (18:33) - 5/5
Well, that's one way to start a year. The fandisk to Fata Morgana is, unlike most of fandisks, a required reading. Fleshes out the origin story of the first game, gives you a nice conclusion to the good ending and has also a few short stories that give you more insight into what went after some of the doors.

Game 2: The Last of Us (PS4) - started on 01.01.2019, finished on 13.01.2019 (11:34) - 2/5
Well, the walking simulator parts were nice enough, story was B-tier level TV series, so passable. The rest though. Ugh. Bad stealth sections, bad shooting sections, bad survivor horror sections. Also performance on PS4 was abysmal with regular drops into lower 40's.
Game 3: The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS4) - started on 13.01.2019, finished on 14.01.2019 (2ish hours) - 3/5
One notch higher because the DLC has way more walking simulator sections. Also not as long. But it's pretty much a chapter of the main game that was cut for various reasons.

Game X: Picross 3D DLC - started on 01.09.2018
Game X: DJ Max Respect (PS4) - started on 10.01.2019
Game X: Muv Luv - started on 15.01.2019

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Fuck it, I'm in. Here's to a negative ratio of games played to games bought in 2019.

I still need to get the final missing ending in House in Fata Morgana, then read the bonus stuff and replay the whole game for the achievement (and because I loved it so much that I want to do it). Afterwards I'll think whether I should start the prequel or wait a while and play something else in the meantime. Perhaps Hitman 2016 or Ys 6, or maybe another VN. Or maybe Smash Ultimate's adventure mode.

OK, I'll start. I'll mention the platform where I'm playing each game, though they'll be all mixed in the same list. I'm also adding the date on which I'm done with the game, and also if I left it unfinished, in which case I'll try to explain why in the commentary below its entry, along with a guess regarding whether I may play it again in the future or not. If I don't mention my playthrough status, assume it's completed (at least the story, because I never finish all the optional stuff). Without further ado, here's my list:

1. Evo Explores (01/02 - Steam - unfinished)
It's a blatant Monument Valley ripoff, right up to the art style, and I bought it because of this. I love both of those titles, so I was hoping to love this too. It's not bad, but also not particularly good. While it has some interesting mechanics that I don't recall seeing in the original games, the camera is sometimes a big problem. At some points you're supposed to click on the bottom part of ground to move, but the game only registers the upper tiles, so you'll have to find a farther spot in which to click. It's hard to explain, but you'll definitely notice it if you play it (especially if you also played the games it took all this inspiration from). After a while this got so annoying that I decided to call it quits at level 12, which took me 56 minutes and seems to be very near the end (I counted 14 level doors in the hub). I can't really say "don't buy this" since I kinda enjoyed it, but if you're looking for a nice puzzle game, you'd be better off grabbing both Monument Valley titles on your mobile store of choice. And after you're done with those, if you still want more, only then you should start thinking about the possibility of purchasing this one on sale. Personally I won't be back to finish Evo Explores, as I'd rather replay the original games if I ever need another fix.

2. Call of Duty: United Offensive (01/15 - Steam)
The expansion for the first Call of Duty, it's more of the same but shorter. It feels very similar to the main game, which was a spiritual sequel to Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I guess the game is fine, but it feels rather dated (as did the base game when I played it last year). Too many sections where you get shot at random, which require a lot of trial and error to beat. It's not bad, but it's not something I'd recommend nowadays. Had I played it back when it was released, I'm sure I would have loved it as much as I loved MoH:AA. As it stands, it doesn't have noteworthy shooting mechanics, story or mission design, so there's really no reason to play it now unless you're dying for a WWII FPS. I plan on going through the entire series in release order, since I've only played Modern Warfare, World at War, Black Ops, Infinite Warfare, and a bit of 3 and MW3. Here's hoping CoD2 is more enjoyable than the first one and its expansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Knurek

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
claimed with ridiculous let's do 100 games a year thing again
2018 12 31

1. Delete - ★★★★☆

really recommend this, fun, especially if you enjoyed hexcells, thanks Knurek
2. aMAZE - ★★☆☆☆

3. The Room Three - ★★★★★

an amazing game.
4. Adam Wolfe (season 1) - ★★★☆☆

5. Sarcophag - ★★☆☆☆

6. Oik - ★★☆☆☆

7. Scream Collector - ★★★★☆

as for idle-clicker games, this is one of the best and most creative. I've also played only new zone added, as I was done with this game before that update,
8. aMAZE 2 - ★★☆☆☆

9. Oik 2 - ★★☆☆☆

10. qop - ★★★☆☆

this is sliding minimalistic puzzle game, it's no quell, but it's not bad as such
11. Chocolate makes you happy - ★★☆☆☆

12. Hidden Folks - ★★★★☆

I have strange like/dislike feelings for this game, it's fun when descriptions are clever and descriptive, annoying when they are not. Also I didn't know I need dlc for 100%, fml.
13. aMAZE Classic - ★★★☆☆

first maze series games that is OK.
14. Goldmine - ★★★☆☆

minesweeper eggsweeper, takes some time to get to that part though. Tends to memory leak, thanks unity.
15. Oik 3 - ★★☆☆☆

16. Quell Zen - ★★★★☆

it's Quell Zen, get it? That's like zen zen or uber zen
17. qop 2 - ★★★☆☆

exactly like qop
18. Voodoo Garden - ★★★☆☆

clickety click, a lot.
19. Snow White Solitaire. Charmed Kingdom - ★★★☆☆

20. Midas Gold Plus - ★★☆☆☆

21. Loot Hero DX - ★★☆☆☆

years later had to start it over cuz somehow lost all my progress, that alone didn't make me to like this game any better.
22. Wayout - ★★★☆☆

pretty good puzzle game, dunno why people don't play it.
23. Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk - ★★☆☆☆

not that fun and puzzles were not that good either.
24. Chocolate makes you happy 2 - ★★☆☆☆

25. Toxic Plumbing - ★☆☆☆☆

terrible game, I shouldn't have bought it, still finished, cuz it's what I do. It only gets a star because it is playable, not because it's worth to play.
26. Snow White Solitaire. Legacy of Dwarves - ★★★☆☆

27. aMAZE Dark Times - ★★☆☆☆

28. Oik Memory - ★★☆☆☆

29. qop 3 - ★★☆☆☆

30. The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent - ★★★☆☆

31. Pictopix - ★★★★☆

new mosaic mode, very nice pictures btw.
32. Push - ★★★★☆

Another cool Maciej's game, can't help but recommend this for puzzle fans.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Living in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'll grab #10.

I'm not sure what overall goals I will have, but the first one will be finishing the Umineko Answer Arcs.
And buying and finishing Yakuza Kiwami once it releases.

Making this a bit more standardized:

Goals:
  • Finish Umineko Answer Arcs
  • Finish Subnautica ✔
  • Finish Yakuza Kiwami ✔
I'll update those goals when I decide on new ones.

January

1. RiME - ★★★★☆
  2. What Remains of Edith Finch - ★★★★☆
  3. Subnautica - ★★★★★
  4. Pikuniku - ★★★★☆
  5. Steamworld Dig 2 - ★★★★★
  6. Headlander - ★★★½
February

1. The Messenger - ★★★★★
  2. Star Ocean 4 - ★★★½
  3. Evoland (via Legendary Edition) - ★★☆☆☆
  4. Hidden Dragon: Legend - ★★½
  5. 永冻之壳 The Shell of Permafrost
  6. Axiom Verge
  7. Yakuza Kiwami
March

1. Touhou Luna Nights - ★★★★★
  2. Slain - Back from Hell
  3. Glass Masquerade
  4. Costume Quest
  5. Earth Defense Force 4.1
  6. A Story About My Uncle
  7. Killer is Dead
Dropped

Steamworld Dig - ★★☆☆☆

Last edited:

Sampson

boop
Dec 11, 2018
Last edited:

NingenJanai

MetaMember
Sep 7, 2018

Completed

01 - Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star - PC - 01/01/2019
02 - Little Nightmares - PC - 03/01/2019
03 - Donut County - Switch - 09/01/2019
04 - Kamiko - Switch - 19/01/2019
05 - Azure Striker Gunvolt - Switch - 26/01/2019
06 - The Division - PC - 28/01/2019
07 - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - 02/02/2019
08 - Gris - Switch - 02/02/2019
09 - The Gardens Between - Switch - 10/02/2019
10 - Drill Dozer - GBA (Vita) - 15/02/2019
11 - Kirby Star Allies - Switch - 10/03/2019
12 - Resident Evil 2 - PC - 17/03/2019

Playing

Golf Story - Switch
Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Switch
Hacknet - PC
The Witcher 3 - PC

Last edited:

Yakkue

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
Sep 6, 2018
I'll try for 40 games in 2019

Completed:
1. Doki Doki Literature Club - 09.01. ★☆☆☆☆
2. Hidden Folks - 09.01. ★★★★☆
3. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee - 14.01. ★★★★☆
4. GRIS - 19.01. ★★★★☆
5. Ys Seven - 20.01. ★★★★☆
6. Donut County - 23.01.. ★★★★☆

Currently playing:
Picross S
Sushi Striker

Last edited:

Pranooy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 8, 2018
Claiming this post.

I won't try for a specific number this year and will only play the must-play games like Sekiro, RE2 & whatever cool indie games that come out this year.
One main gaming resolution of mine is to avoid multiplayer games as much as possible since last 3 years were all PUBG/Overwatch.

That said i am planning to start with an Indie gem which i still haven't gotten to, even tho i really wanted to since i heard about it - Doki Doki Literature Club

Last edited:

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Sure, I'll claim a spot.

In 2018 I completed 100 games (had to hurry on those last four when I realized I was close to 100).
Honestly if I set my goal to 50 games but focus on some bigger stuff more often I'd be pretty pleased. I tend to skip the bigger, longer games to crank out a bunch of smaller, indie games. I need to do a better mix.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed list:
1. Timespinner - 01/01/19
- Metroidvania very much in the Symphony of the Night style. It's pretty decent but not amazing. It doesn't really do anything surprising or feel like it has its own identity all that much. The orb stuff (weapons) does allow some creativity and choice but I didn't like how the leveling worked for the character and weapons. I'd put others above it but if you've played many in the "genre" and haven't played this then give it a shot. It does start a bit slow, though.

2. Burly Men at Sea - 01/01/19
- Simple storybook style game. Only took 30 minutes to run through to get one of the endings. Very simple interactions but depending on what you do you get one of twelve endings. Looking at the achievements I apparently got one of the lesser common ending routes. It was fine and I could see going back in to see more paths.

3. Kolumno - 01/01/19
- bobnowhere recommended this in Discord so I gave it a shot. It's genre would be reaction-based game I guess? It's fun enough and worth the $1 as I was engaged to go through it in one go essentially. Got all the achievements as well in 50 minutes total.

4. Old Man's Journey - 01/02/19
- Bought this at the same time as Burly Men at Sea and kind of just pictured both to be similar. In a way they are in that they're basic games telling simple stories. I preferred Burly Men at Sea for simply being more interesting as I found the puzzles and movement very slow in Old Man's Journey. The only reason I bothered finishing it is I got around halfway through in around 30 minutes the first night I tried it and figured I should just complete it.

5. Mega Man 11 - 01/03/19
- Really solid Mega Man title. I thought the Double Gear system was a great way to make it feel fresh. I kind of wish it had more reasons to use it but then again I'm just picturing mixing Mega Man with some Viewtiful Joe. The levels had a lot of fuckery but the store evens it out with being able to get buffers and extra lives for pits and spikes. After around the third robot master I never got a game over again because of all the store items. Highly recommended for a good time.

6. The Gardens Between - 01/04/19
- I wish I liked this more. It's totally adequate and it does do some creative things with the mechanic. But it's really just a pretty version of scrubbing a timeline back and forth with occasional interaction that then changes that timeline. In doing so you're just trying to get a lit lantern to the end of each level. Too much time is spent watching the characters walk around when you already know the solution. Despite my complaints I did enjoy it some and the look of it is pretty great. Also, a nice bonus that they have an original song at the end that was to my liking.

7. Wunderdoktor - 01/05/19
- There's a #DiscoverIndies thing online that asks you to play an indie game you've never heard of before. I asked for a suggestion in Discord and this was the first that I can't recall ever hearing about before. It was fun, albeit pretty simple. It's a Trauma Center-esque if each patient took 15-30 seconds and you did them fairly rapidly. The wacky illnesses and ways they mix things up keeps it fresh and there's a very slight puzzle element that comes up occasionally to earn achievements. Not a strong recommendation at the regular price but amusing at a sale price.

8. Guacamelee! 2 - 01/06/19
- This is definitely a more-of-the-same sort of sequel. Nothing really feels that different to the point that I couldn't remember what was a new ability sometimes and what was in the prior game. Mostly it just has a lot more chicken playing parts. It's solid but not great. Whatever your feelings were about the first game will be mirrored here.

9. ШП - ShP - 01/06/19
- Barely looked into this before buying and it wasn't quite what I expected. Even figuring out the right menu option to start and of the three puzzles is a bit of a challenge. Everything is purposely obtuse and I don't know if it's by design or bad translation from Russian into English. But I do think it's largely designed that way. I did look up tips on roughly 20% of the game but that was mostly just to get going. It's hard to recommend but if you like to poke and prod things and try to think outside the box maybe give it a shot? Took me a little over an hour to complete the three puzzles with the tips to move me along. But once you understand how the game works you'll probably scoot through it quickly.

10. Shadow of the Colossus Remake - 01/08/19
- Still a fantastic game! I hadn't played it since the original release but I decided I'd play on Hard since I had gone through it before. It did add some frustration but it also made taking them down more exciting. Turns out I really only remembered about half of the colossi and only how to get to like three of them on the map so it felt fairly fresh. The one bummer for me is the only real reason to play on Hard for trophies is a single trophy to beat it in 5:21:28. My final time at the end was 5:22:29. I spent at least 15 combined minutes just playing around on Agro and riding back and forth in an open field trying to see how many hawks would fly around with me. Oh well. There's no chance I'm working on the platinum so it's not a huge deal.

11. Crash Bandicoot from the N. Sane Trilogy - 01/09/19
- It's remarkable how bad of a platformer this first game is. I was told the first aged poorly and the other two are much better so I look forward to digging into those to see how they fare. The feel of movement and hitboxes are simply terrible. I went in thinking it'd be fun to platinum all three games since I love platformers and I always platinum Ratchet games and figured this might be about the same. No chance. I have doubts I'll ever return to this first game.

12. Spyro the Dragon from the Reignited Trilogy - 01/12/19
- Got the platinum trophy in 6:49. Compared to Crash this is an amazing game. It's honestly really basic and feels like a kid friendly platformer. I did some skimming of what's in the next two and it looks like they change things up a bit and add more abilities so hopefully it becomes more interesting? Nothing was ever all that exciting but I enjoy platformers enough that hunting for all the gems kept me going.

13. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 01/17/19
- After my thoughts above on Crash Bandicoot I was very hesitant but I eventually started this up. It's not bad! Vast improvement on the original game with a better feel of movement and having the slide, slide jump, high jump, and belly flop add some complexity to movement. In comparison I started rushing through the first game getting most crates but not bothered if I missed anything. This time around I got all five colored gems and ended at 23/42 of the bonus gems as I did a bunch of optional stuff as I went through. I don't want to get the relics, otherwise I'd consider getting the platinum.

14. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! - 01/21/19
- An improvement over the first game but somewhat minorly so. I didn't really felt like they took advantage of the new abilities added to the game but having something akin to quests and more creative level design did make it better overall. I'm closing in on the end so now I just need to see what the third game's in both the Crash and Spyro series bring about. Oh, and got the platinum in this game and the first Spyro.

15. Titan Souls - 01/21/19
- Seemingly a combo breaker but I started a new list for myself of a game/games for each month of the year that I'm tasking myself to return to and complete. They're all games that I started, enjoyed, but put down and never finished. Since January was nearly over Titan Souls was the game I put on the list and I'd been thinking about it since going through Shadow of the Colossus. I defeated all 19 titans in around 2:20 with 132 deaths. it was pretty fun but somewhat frustrating, largely because of the relatively slow turn around time when dying and you die frequently.

16. Crash Bandicoot: Warped - 01/22/19
- Probably the best of the Crash trilogy. It was like 40% gimmick levels but honestly that was welcome after going through two other games that had largely the same linear levels that this game also featured. Also the easiest, shown by my 30 lives and no game overs, whereas I died many, many times in the prior two games. But I don't think it's entirely because levels were made to be easier but I think they improved the feel and collision on movement so there were less deaths that felt like it was the game's fault. Though I should note I didn't do as much of the optional stuff as the previous game with only around 20 gems collected. I'm glad to be done with these and ready to move on to something else. Well, after Spyro 3.

17. Spyro: Year of the Dragon - 01/24/19
And now I'm done with my journey through the Crash and Spyro trilogies. I got the platinum in all three Spyro games. It took less time in the third game since it didn't require you to 100% the game like the first two did. In fact you only needed around 2/3 of the game complete to get the last trophy needed for the platinum. I think I'd consider the Spyro games the more advanced of the two as the trilogies progressed with this final game introducing a lot of new stuff and treating it a bit more like a Mario 64. But I may have enjoyed Crash 3 the most out of all six games with its tighter focus per level while still being fairly enjoyable working towards some of the extra goals. Both games had moments of frustration.

18. Crackdown 3 - 02/16/19
I think I'll end up enjoying this more than most people. I loved the first Crackdown, thought the second game was disappointing but alright, and went into this a little hopeful. Ultimately I got what I expected, an updated version of the first Crackdown, or more like what a true sequel to the first game would have felt like if released later in the 360's life. I spent 15 hours getting most the achievements with clearing out all side activities outside of car related stuff and getting all the agility and hidden orbs. I still got around 85% and 51% respectively. And I beat the game on Legendary, which I feel was the right decision. Boss fights were really rough in the latter half but it felt great figuring out ways to get through them, even if I did end up cheesing the last boss completely. Fun game!

19. Yakuza 0 - 02/25/19
As everyone who has tried it knows this is a wonderful game. I got really hooked into it and completed the vast majority of activities. The main thing I didn't complete was mahjong and shogi, though I did learn to play shogi but I didn't get good enough to win for the completion points. I had around 86% complete of the completion list. Even when plowing through the last ten chapters instead of doing CP activities I was constantly sneaking them in and tempted to do more. This has really gotten me anticipating Yakuza Kiwami and the releases that came after. I have both Kiwamis and Yakuza 6 so now it's just deciding when to play them. I have some other backlog goals lined up but I may start Kiwami really soon to at least get through the intro and see the world open up to get an idea what's in the game.

20. Trials Fusion - 02/26/19
This is actually beating the game a second time but I'm counting it. I originally beat it five years ago on PS4 but recently got Fusion with all the DLC on PC. To play all the DLC you have to play up to like 1/3 or 1/2 through the main game so I rushed through that and then just kept going. The trick system is still frustrating and it seems I remember Evolution much better than Fusion since I was looking forward to levels that never showed up. Now I'm really excited to see Rising since reviews are solid.

21. Trials Rising - 02/28/19
Such a tough game to like. It does some things extremely well. I think it has the best set of tracks across the entire series with most having a completely separate theme than the rest (later on there's commonly a second harder level with a similar look to some of the levels). Also, University of Trials is an excellent addition and where I spent around five of the twenty hours I spent with the game. It has definitely helped me improve my skills and thinking about how I control the bikes. But these good parts are balanced by some bad stuff, notably a terrible progression system that typically goes against the main goal of Trials, a garbage soundtrack (muted and put on Spotify very quickly and I never do that), and the most useless loot crates quite possibly ever. Thankfully that also means nobody should ever feel enticed to pay real money to get more of them. Overall I had a lot of fun with the game but also a fair bit of frustration due to the progression system. I really hope for everyone else they end up patching it, especially since the progression and useless loot crates seem to be the complaint everywhere I've looked.

22. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 03/01/19
This could land a spot on my top ten of the generation. For my particular tastes it does so many things right. Did anyone else get the impression it felt like a stage play in acting and writing? It's like they gave a playwright a video game studio to do their bidding and this was the outcome. My only two complaints, though fairly minor, is combat felt a bit heavy at times, but it's balanced out with the long gaps without combat, and the ending credits track is embarrassingly bad compared to how perfect the rest of the soundtrack is. The sound design overall was superb. A fantastic game all around.

23. Dead or Alive 6 - 03/02/19
Well, I finished the Story Mode and got the credits but there's plenty more to do. Mostly all in the DOA Quest mode but I may hop into more online. My feelings are divided. I like the new fighting systems, the two new fighters, and the DOA Quest stuff is great. But unlocking costumes is kind of shitty, the achievements are worse than the previous game, and considering there's an in-game currency and the costume stuff and you get nothing at all for finishing the story that felt a little underwhelming. I still enjoy the fighting in these games but there's not really enough changed from Last Round to make this game feel necessary.

24. Hollow Knight - 03/03/19
Easily one of the best Metroidvanias if not the best. Got 84% completion at around 20 hours. Tempted to go back in to dig around for more now that I've skimmed a few guides and have an idea of where to look for some stuff and how to get the true ending. And it appears I haven't even touched any of the DLC content. I assumed I maybe did at least some of it while going through but it seems the trigger for each one is fairly specific. Great game, glad I put it on my backlog list to get myself to return to it. I'll probably hold off returning to clear out more of the content and get the true ending until closer to when the sequel comes out (next year?).

25. Resident Evil 2 - 03/09/19
Dated this for when I finished Claire's A path but I finished Leon's B path the next day. Fantastic game and I expect this will be on most Top Ten lists for the year. I was also pleasantly surprised how much different Leon's B path felt since I've seen some mixed descriptions with some saying it's a different experience and others saying it's barely different. Even when the majority uses the same environment the remixed encounters, item placement, and weapons available really change how I played. But Claire's story was better and she was a more interesting character for that. I'll probably hop back in eventually to check out the Ghost Survivors and the Fourth Survivor stuff.

26. Devil May Cry - 03/11/19
Really only thought I'd play a level or two and then move on since I bought the HD Collection just for DMC 3. But instead I got in the groove and finished it in two sittings (essentially). It hasn't aged the best considering where games in the genre are these days and movement and fighting feel stiff and occasionally frustrating but the game flows quickly so it's easy to keep saying "Just one more level". Even though I had beaten (and somewhat remembered) this game on PS2 it was a good time going through it again.

27. Devil May Cry 2 - 03/13/19
Not a pure shitshow as the internet would have you believe. It's definitely a disappointment in many aspects relative to the first game but in general it's really just an average character action game. I'm a teeny bit curious to try out Lucia but not enough to beat the game as her (and then there's a third character that unlocks, yikes). Most the complaints are valid but ultimately I actually had some fun at times. The large sprawling, ugly levels were probably my main complaint. Glad to be done with it, though.

28. Glass Masquerade 2 - 03/16/19
Pretty decent casual game. I can't recall much about the first game at this point because it kind of blends together but I seem to recall that one was much easier. I expected this to only take a few hours but Steam shows 6 (though I was away for probably thirty minutes so maybe it's closer to 5 hours?). It was meant to be chipped away at between other games but I ended up blowing through the last 20ish puzzles in one go. I might check out some puzzles on hard but not right away.

29. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - 03/16/19
This is a much better game than the prior two! I was a little surprised that it still had some stiffness compared to more modern action games as I thought this was where others borrowed from. It's far too easy to get stuck in an animation and hit. Probably means I should be playing more methodically and less button mashing but eh, what are you gonna do? The weapon switching was really nice and allowed me to actually get some S through B style rankings fairly frequently. I will say, as someone that wants all the graphics, I'm happy to finally move out of the PS2 games. I played with Trickster style until I maxed it and then switched over to Royal Guard. I wouldn't mind going back to this game to check out more of what's in there as leveling the styles is really neat.

30. Baba Is You - 03/16/19
Kind of silly to count it beaten but I definitely triggered the ending and got credits and the achievement for beating it. Really bizarre how early its designed to let you beat it as I've only completed like 1/4 of the total puzzles and there's loads more to unlock. But I guess I'm happy I "completed" it already because now I won't feel some sort of pressure to keep moving and I'll just pick away at it off and on between other games. I'd like to unlock everything eventually and get the achievements for completing areas. Unique and fun game that takes a relatively simple concept and really runs with it to make it feel crazy.

31. Devil May Cry 4 - 03/19/19
Easily my favorite of the series so far. And there's so much more to this game if I really wanted to play more with more difficulties and two sets of characters to go through the game with that play different than the two you already use to go through the main story. I did feel it kind of faltered in the last missions as the fights just weren't as fun and they have you go through bosses a third time. Regardless, it played great, I enjoyed both characters, and now I'm even more eager to keep going.

Last edited:
Reactions: #Senpai and lashman

Exzyleph

M̻̗e̝͔̤͗ͨṱ͆a͍͛͊M̼ḛ̳̬̾m̜̝̻bͭͩ̎ḙ̔r̰
Oct 9, 2018
I'll claim this post for myself.

I normally manage to beat about 50 games a year, when I am not addicted to something. Previously it was Street Fighter and now it is Warframe, so we'll have to see how I manage. But 'favorites' in the Steam client is currently filled to the brink with stuff I want to get started on or have played a bit off, almost 50 entries in fact, so my first goal will be to get that down to a more reasonable number by knocking off the games that I have already gotten far in.

Completed
January:
  1. Hustle Cat
  2. Crystal Chameleon
  3. The Leisure of Grisaia
  4. GRIS
  5. ISLANDS: Non-Places
  6. Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight
  7. Kindred Spirits on the Roof - Full Chorus
February:
  1. Always the Same Blue Sky
  2. A wild catgirl appears
  3. Aozora Meikyuu
  4. Cyber City 2157
  5. Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
  6. Divine Slice of Life
  7. one night, hot springs
  8. Phenomeno
  9. The Dandelion Girl
  10. A Kiss for the Petals: Remembering How We Met
  11. Chuchel
  12. A Beautiful Ride to Carlisle
  13. Tokyo Hosto
  14. 9-nine-:Episode 1
  15. Tsukihime
  16. Shadowhand
  17. Heart of the Woods

Last edited:

Ibuki

Got a light?
Dec 9, 2018
Denver, Colorado
steamcommunity.com
Last edited:
OP
Knurek

Knurek

OG King of Weeb
Oct 16, 2018
What website tracks info like this, it looks nice?
================

Knurek Am I updating my post the right way?
completionist.me

Also, looks good to me.
I don't have any set goals for this year, is that OK? I'll just update my original post with the stuff I've been playing or finishing, which theoretically might be a lot but certainly won't.
This is Meta, not ERA, everything you do here is OK.
Heck, some things, like bullying Lashman, are downright encouraged

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
I don't have any set goals for this year, is that OK? I'll just update my original post with the stuff I've been playing or finishing, which theoretically might be a lot but certainly won't.

† Echo †

漂う夢のまにまに
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
My set goal seems low compared to others but if you see my post on Era...

I can't participate. I did jack shit in 2018. Thanks Rainbow Six. orz

My GotY is Girls Und Panzer: Dream Tank Match which sadly never made it to PC.
Never finished AssCreed Odyssey yet, even after 100 hours. I did finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider but... eh.
Also finished Tiny Metal, and Bullet Witch.

2018 was... not a good year for me.
Yeah. I absolutely sucked last year. So for 2019 I wanted to set a moderate goal and in 2020 if things go well I can set a higher goal!

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I always wanted to try this but 52 games a year seemed a little too much for me. I'll go with 100%ing a game a month for now. Maybe I should bump that up to one every two weeks, but I've got a lot of long rpgs i wanna get through.

---
  1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Minit
  3. Delete

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I need to write down everything from last year before I forget!

(Last Year)

Steam:
  1. Access Denied (100%)
  2. Aer Memories of Old (100%)
  3. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
  4. Assassin's Creed Rogue
  5. Assassin's Creed Unity
  6. The Banner Saga
  7. Batman Arkham Knight
  8. Batman: The Enemy Within (100%)
  9. Battletech
  10. Bioshock Infinite
  11. Bladed Fury (Thanks The Queen!)
  12. Bomb Squad Academy
  13. Bombshell
  14. Bright Bob
  15. The Chronicles of King Arthur - Episode 1: Excalibur
  16. Contrast (100%)
  17. Deadspace 1
  18. Deadspace 2
  19. Delete (100%)
  20. Divinity Original Sin 2
  21. Dots (100%)
  22. Electroquest: Resistance is Futile (100%)
  23. Far: Lone Sails
  24. Glass Masquerade
  25. Fallout 4
  26. GNOG
  27. Golf Peaks
  28. GTA V
  29. Homefront: The Revolution
  30. Injustice 1
  31. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  32. Little Bug
  33. Little Hidden City (100%)
  34. Little Nightmares
  35. The Mooseman
  36. Neoncode
  37. Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
  38. Omensight
  39. Pavilion
  40. Phantom Doctrine
  41. Pillars of Eternity 1 - The White March 1 + 2
  42. Pillars of Eternity 2
  43. Planet Alpha
  44. .projeckt
  45. Puzzlement (100%)
  46. Race Arcade
  47. Rayman Legends
  48. Rescue 2
  49. Roboball
  50. The Room (100%)
  51. The Room 2 (100%)
  52. Runic Rampage
  53. Sandmade (100%)
  54. Scalak (100%)
  55. Singularity
  56. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  57. SOMA (100%)
  58. Stereo Aereo
  59. Subnautica
  60. Sunset Overdrive
  61. Sword Legacy Omen (100%)
  62. TOK (100%)
  63. Tyranny
  64. Up Left Out (100%)
  65. Valley
  66. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  67. Yoku's Island Express
PSN:

1. Rayman Legends
  2. Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
  3. Star Wars Battlefront II
  4. Mafia III
  5. Dead Rising IV
  6. Far Cry 5
  7. God of War
  8. Rime
  9. Call of Duty Advanced War
  10. Injustice 2
  11. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  12. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (100%)
  13. Red Dead Redemption 2
XBONE

1. Halo 5 Guardians

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Kolumno (100%) - Fun little puzzle reaction sort of game. Drop a ball from the top of the column to the bottom avoiding the obstacles and using the various abilities in the right places.

2. Hello! Pollution - A strange combination of the board game Operation and underground rubbish Tetris. Decent fun but pricey for what it is.

3. Chuchel - Absolutely delightful adventure puzzle game. Set around a series of vignettes of the titular characters attempt to retrieve a stolen cherry. Part 1980s foreign language claymation made for kids, part Terry Gilliam fevered dream.

4. Repairbot. - Meh/10. Lots of potential but the game feels half done, like EA. Needs more levels, variation etc...

5. Momonga Pinball Adventures - Fun, cute but terrible pinball. I'm not expecting Pinball Arcade/FX3 but when pinball is the central mechanism, it really needs to be better than this.

6. Call of Duty: Ghosts - Fun campaign, doggo, auto-aim is a little out of control, very easy. The story is pretty good for a CoD but is ruined completely in the last seconds.

7. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Not as tight an experience as Ghosts, entertaining enough. The story probably would have made more sense if I'd remembered anything at all about Black Ops 1.

8. Gris - Beautiful puzzle platformer. Stunning hand-drawn visuals and music.

9. Spider-Man (PS4) - Took me a while to get into but great fun and impressive storytelling. Way too many villains subjected to bit parts though.

10. Far Cry Primal - Fun Far Cry game, beautiful environment, after a while the fun runs out though. Only got to about 65% complete, that'll do. Not tracking down every collectable.

11. Northern Lights - Super short side scrolling Puzzle game about a robot waking up in the future after a global calamity. High quality game, seems like just episode 1.

12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Boom, pew, pew, crash, bang, explosion, another crash, people live, people die, QTE, QTE, QTE...

13. Assassin's Creed Origins - Fun romp around Cleopatrian Egypt. Looks and runs beautifully at max settings and the 2nd DLC is fantastic.

14. Mutant Road Zero - Highly polished character driven strategy-RPG in the style of the modern XCOM games. Beautiful art, sound and design make this a must play for fans of the genre even with the uneven level progression.

15. The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game - Fun Lego game in a slightly different style. There aren't specific levels, the entire game takes place in a single open world. So long levels and open world combined.

16. Call of Duty WW2 - Back to the original games with a WW2 setting and no auto-heals. Felt a bit like the b-team levels while someone somewhere else was doing the more interesting stuff. Grumpy John Duhamel was fun though.

Last edited:

doogles

Oct 6, 2018
(1/13) Beat both Nier and Yakuza. Incredible games, both of them (Nier had more interesting things to say but Yakuza was rock-solid and had a really exciting finale). I also played Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 on Game Pass, which I enjoyed, except

the character of Brody, who was a white savior, too convenient, or a pedophile.

Now I'm just biding my time, trying to play short things before Kingdom Hearts...

- - -

Current goal: Yakuza 0 and Nier: A finished by the end of January 13, 2019. (That's the day I go back to work.) Then I want to really focus on the games I buy rather than hopping from game to game. First up is Kingdom Hearts III, which like Yakuza is a story about guys being pals. I love stories about guys being pals.

Last edited:

einstellung

Dec 31, 2018
I'll set a goal of 20, because 52 is way too much videogaming. 2018 was a heavy gaming year for me and I still only hit about 36 games. I expect to play less this year, so 20 seems a decent threshold.

1/20

1. Mark of the Ninja: Remastered

Last edited:

freshVeggie

ghost
Sep 7, 2018
No way I'll finish 52 games this year but I keep forgetting what I played.
And it could help me become motivated.

January:
1. Battlefield Bad Company 2
2. Adr1ft
3. Capsized - uninstalled after trying
4. Cursed Castilla - uninstalled after trying
5. Braid - uninstalled after trying
6. Battleblock Theater - played an hour

Last edited:

pahamrick

Has No Idea What He's Doing
Sep 6, 2018
Aw hell. I might as well claim this one. I'll probably forget about it, maybe.

So far

1. Gears of War Ultimate Edition: I didn't really like the additions, that I guess were from the original PC release? Killed the pacing I felt, made the end of the game drag. Mainly played this for a story refresher for Gears 4.
  2. Gears of War 2:
  3. Gears of War 3
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Finishing Grand Prix, Credits Rolled. It counts!)
  5. Super Smash Bros Ultimate (World of Light Cleared, all fighters unlocked): Great game, tons of content.
  6. Doki Doki Literature Club: Probably should have played this forever ago, it was amazing.
  7. Gears of War 4: Outside of Judgement, which I couldn't finish because I found it terrible, this is one boring ass video game with a terrible ending and a disappointing overall story. I really hope Gears 5 is better.
  8. Halo Reach: Mainly a Chronological run for a story refresher for Halo 4 and 5. Not doing the Halo Wars games in order with this, although I do plan to play them.
  9. Halo CE Anniversary: Still a great game, just looks better.
  10. Halo 2 Anniversary: Those new cutscenes are nuts.
  11. Onimusha Warlords: First time playing this, was freaking amazing.

Last edited:

#Senpai

Dad Gamer
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I decided to play some of my shortest games to beat... Stickman Wars... I have no idea what I did or what was going on. I have no idea how I got all 33 Achievements. I feel cheap. Wait, I'm fine with feeling cheap. What a pile of garbage. Me? Yeah! No, the game is garbage! Wait, I just opened a Russian, meme, clicky Achievement game. I hate myself. Garbage! (I am!) How does this have a Very Positive rating?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sampson and lashman

Panda Pedinte

Not a real Panda
Sep 20, 2018

Fight'n Rage is the first game I finished in 2019.

Started: 01/01/2019
Finished: 01/05/2019
Total Playtime: 1.7h

It heavily inspired by Streets of Rage and features initially 3 characters just like SoR. The plot revolves around a war between humans and mutants and you're going to end this conflict! It's very generic but I don't know anyone who plays beat'em ups for the story. The gameplay is very fluid, and uses a 3 button layout with them being attack, jump and special attack and in this is where the game really shines. There seems to be different kind of attacks combinations that can make you extend a combo for a ridiculous amount of hits.

It also has different endings for each character and different paths to choose in some levels. I plan to play more of it in the future.

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

MetaMember
Nov 7, 2018
Games Completed:
  1. Bury me, my Love (Android) - ★★★★★
  2. PUZZLE: CATS & DOGS (Steam) - ★☆☆☆☆
  3. Deep Space Waifu: FANTASY (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  4. Florence (Android) - ★★☆☆☆
  5. You Must Build A Boat (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  6. The Quiet Man (Steam) - ★★★☆☆
  7. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  8. The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  9. PacaPlus (Steam) - ★★☆☆☆
  10. Syberia II (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  11. What Never Was (Steam) - ★★★★☆
  12. Wet (PlayStation 3) - ★★★☆☆
  13. Return of the Obra Dinn (Steam) - ★★★★★
  14. Battlefield V (Origin) - ★★★☆☆
  15. Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions (Steam) - ★★★★☆

Last edited:

Rockin' Ranger

MetaMember
Nov 7, 2018
Alright, now that I won't merge with my reserved post:

Only game I've beat so far is Bury me, my Love which I finished on the first. It took a few days with the game giving you a chance to make choices every few hours. Otherwise I've mostly been playing Dragon Quest XI and jumping between a few puzzle games. Intending to get to one or two 2018 games before GOTY voting but I'll see how that goes.

I managed to finish 62 games in 2018 after 69 in 2017 so I'm hoping I'll get through around 60 again this year.

Oh, I guess I did sort of finish something else with completing all the bonus levels and the achievements for them in Picrastination but I'm not going to count that as 2018 game.

Sampson

boop
Dec 11, 2018
If I revisit Superflight and snag more Achievements, does it count for 2019? 🤔
It always depends on what your purpose counting is.

I do things like this for backlog clearing. So I don't count replays, unless a replay is specifically part of my backlog for a weird reason (e.g., I've been planning to get a platinum trophy and need a third playthrough played in a specific way to get it).

But if you're just counting to accumulate numbers, who cares!
Post automatically merged:

Games Completed:
1. Bury me, my Love (Android) - ★★★★★
So this is really as good as people said?
Buy new games.

Play no games.
I prefer the other old classic:

Buy new games

Play same old games.

Last edited:

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
It's kind of an amazing experience for being a visual novel in essence told through text messages. The hook is the "real time" factor which means you're forced to stew on your decisions and hope that when you get a new message it's a positive one. It does a great job of making you anxious waiting for a text like you do in real life waiting to hear if results are good or bad from a friend or loved one.

Rockin' Ranger

MetaMember
Nov 7, 2018
Oh yeah, absolutely. It's a fantastic game, with a story that manages to be a mixture of scary, funny, worrisome and hopeful. I also agree with what was mentioned by Wibblewozzer it works really well on mobile where you're waiting responses while going about your day as the character in the game would be.

PUZZLE: CATS & DOGS is my second game this year. It's about as good as you'd expect but some of the cats and dogs were cute.

EdwardTivrusky

See You Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Playing in 2019:
Elex
Astrobot
While True; Learn()
(Many, many other games installed but in stasis for the moment)

Completed in 2019:
Free Road - Delightfully simple and cheap puzzle game. No anime.
Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga Developer's Cut: Ego Draconis - Ego Draconis Done, Flames Of Vengeance started as they run the cutscenes straight through in this version. Lots of exploring, quests and loot. Looked nice for an old engine, played well and i'm happy to continue onto Part Two.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I am gonna do this, but where X is a negative integer. I'm thinking of starting a severe alcoholism habit, and forget key parts of my live, including games I played over the last year.

Panda Pedinte

Not a real Panda
Sep 20, 2018

La Rana is the second game I've finished in 2019.

Started: 01/09/2019
Finished: 01/09/2019
Total Playtime: 23 minutes

La Rana is a short game made by students telling the story of two deities and the quest of this cute little frog to make rain again. The puzzles were pretty simple and very straight forward, though I won't expect anything very intricate from students who are most likely doing their first project.

Panda Pedinte

Not a real Panda
Sep 20, 2018

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas is the third game I've finished in 2019

Started: 01/01/2019
Finished: 01/11/2019
Total Playtime: 11:46:44

As I already said in my previous post about this game it's a Zelda clone launched first on mobile and later for PC and consoles. It kind of looks dated, the controls are clunky, I didn't like some design decisions (I can only roll and jump small gaps if my boot is equipped, seriously?) but I can't say I had a negative experience with this game.

All the dungeons were pretty short and very much straight forward and sailing between the islands is an automated process, you just choose your destination and shoot whatever is in your way to reach it safely.

The ending fight was very strange as I defeated the boss accidentally.