Community The Emulation Thread - When That PC Port Just Ain't Happening

LRB1983

❤️ やまとなでしこ (大和撫子)
Oct 8, 2021
Anybody knows if is there a way to convert PCSX2 windows dll plugins to linux?
One of the games I miss on PCSX2 linux edition is Valkyrie Profile 2.
On windows versions there're two dll graphic plugins specifically for this game that make town stages playable on 4k at 60 fps (50 fps on PAL) and solve red forest bug in hardware mode.
Seems linux version do not have graphic plugin options, I've been able to emulate that windows PCSX2 version with wine but moves very slow even at just 400p resolution (on Deck where I want to play it and 800p would be the desired resolution).

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
solve red forest bug in hardware mode.
It has been years since I played VP2, but isn't the forest supposed to be red, and that plugin is just for skipping the rendering of the effect?

As for the slowdown problem, maybe try using the Linux nightly build and set the Graphics > Advanced > Override Texture Barriers > Force Disabled option.

LRB1983

❤️ やまとなでしこ (大和撫子)
Oct 8, 2021
It has been years since I played VP2, but isn't the forest supposed to be red, and that plugin is just for skipping the rendering of the effect?

As for the slowdown problem, maybe try using the Linux nightly build and set the Graphics > Advanced > Override Texture Barriers > Force Disabled option.
Yep, the main problem with hardware renderer is it shows something like this (not my pic but my results are similar):

This is how it should look (PS2 screenshot)

Red squares filter do not match, and transparency isn’t accurate and if you try to change x/y offset it ruins other areas. This is why I preffer not red filter at all.
Some people usually change to software renderer on that area but it looks quite ugly this way.
I will try what you said when I get home, thank you.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
One of the most commonly requested features has finally arrived.

Reactions: Pommes and Li Kao

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I managed to boot and play Xenoblade Chronicles 3 with Yuzu mainline r1128 for an hour.

There are some graphical issues (missing post-process fx and such) and uneven framepacing here and there, but it's working quite well so far. Field models looks clean with 2K IR mod plus Yuzu's own scaling. Would be nice to get a 60fps mod, but looks like it's still in the oven.

A kind soul in the Yuzu Discord showed me how to make a cheat for Turbo mode, so fighting trash mobs are a breeze. :flare_bath:

Screenshots captured at 2160p.